Lockdowns Did Not Work

Packed...how many of those 75k do you interact with?

3,500 if I don't use the shitter...7,500 if I do.
3,500? Stop it.

Do you know how many people you are exposed to when you touch a door knob or a gas pump?

what does he care? he's a rail licker.

1587645949670.jpeg

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Working in NZ and Australia. Curve is bottoming out...

The problem is that you are driven by money, not moral fortitude...

That is a straw man argument and a method of deflection in order to avoid having to address the evidence presented because you don’t want to accept the fact that you could possibly be wrong

I'm not here to prove anything. All I know is they put in lockdown measures and we haven't had anywhere near as many deaths per head of population as the US. Maybe there is another reason. I'm open to ideas.

If you are referring to my second paragraph, I can only go on my interactions with with Azog.

So you are saying that I have an equal chance of catching the virus if I'm at home alone or if I'm in a packed football stadium? :eusa_think:

My brother is a cop. He, of course, is still out there on the streets 50 hours a week interacting with people. He and several members of his squad did come down with what was presumed to be the flu back around the first of the year (though he has been wondering if they all really had COVID-19, but it allegedly wasn't here yet), but aside from that he has not been sick. His wife has not been sick. None of their four kids have been sick. I've been running with him about every other day and my wife, son, and I have been over to their house once a week for dinner. None of us have been sick.

That's not really meant to answer your question, but rather give you perspective.

that doesn't mean they weren't infected, being carriers & passing it on.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Adventures in Cherry Picking..cool, I like that movie. Those red states that didn't implement those stay at home orders are experiencing their own surges right now. Look at the numbers from April 6th.
43 states now have stay-at-home orders for coronavirus. These are the 7 that don't.
I swear, its nothing but politics with you tunnel vision dumbfucks
YOU are whats wrong with our country. Grow up, dipshit

What manner of crack pipe are you smoking? I'm using science and facts. And the fact is, those states that open up too soon will become hot zones. Those states that didn't shut down might have populations that are less dense, but the virus is already spreading in those states. And those states haven't hit their peak yet. Honestly, are you Trump supporters just impervious to scientific fact?

I can tell you something about Detroit and Wayne Co. Once this virus hit those areas, no amount of shelter or no-shelter was going to help and that's the truth.

Sorry, but you don't know shit.

Unsubstantiated opinions are just that.

So nothing to counter, just name-calling.

Fellow conservatives, we're winning.

But we knew that

^ ' So nothing to counter, just name-calling'

like what you JUST did in yer reply to nosmo king?

'Fellow conservatives, we're winning.'

dont-worry-were-still-winning-dunny-dindu-nuffin-63400529.png

Guy thinks he's being clever. The death rate would naturally be fairly constant everywhere among positive cases. Only a disingenuous asshole would use that single factor to make such a broad declaration. Slowing the rate of spread is key.
Science says otherwise.
You say otherwise. I'm using science to critically examine the claim which is lacking the correct data points and proper statistical analysis. There's no way to even make that deterination until it's over and all the growth curves are lined up and adjusted for the incubation period of the virus plotted against when the various lockdown orders were implemented.

kinda like when azog was hawking for donny - who was hawking hydroxycholoquine.... how did that turn out?

Still turning out great all over the nation. It saved my aunt's life, in fact.

lol.... seems more are stroking out bigley ... oopsie. donny suddenly stopped hawking it - why is that?

Packed...how many of those 75k do you interact with?

3,500 if I don't use the shitter...7,500 if I do.
3,500? Stop it.

Do you know how many people you are exposed to when you touch a door knob or a gas pump?

what does he care? he's a rail licker.

View attachment 326929
selfies again.

yep, i'm sure azog takes a lot of selfies like that ...

Open the country!

Screenshot_2020-04-23 Twitter.png

Again, dolt, nobody says not to protect the vulnerable or take reasonable precautions to slow it so as not to overwhelm medical systems. Not me, not Sweden, nobody.
Even though those reasonable precautions, as recommended by your medical experts, are what you're protesting about, fuckwit. Yeah right.

Again, dumbfuck, from my earlier post, which you conveniently have removed from the conversation

"And the point is, for those too myopic to realize this, that there are other strategies out there that have been employed, and other nations that are further along the timeline than we are. As those results start to become available it makes sense and is necessary to assess them to determine the best path forward for us."

If you don't think we should be taking into account the actions of other nations and how they did or did not work so that we can assess how to best move forward here you are nothing short of a moron. Let's not assess actual empirical results and data, because that would make too much fucking sense, and may just contradict our current beliefs.

"And the point is, for those too myopic to realize this, that there are other strategies out there that have been employed, and other nations that are further along the timeline than we are. As those results start to become available it makes sense and is necessary to assess them to determine the best path forward for us."
Herd immunity, which is inevitable according to you, fuckwit. Which you are not willing to embrace. But not according to the health professionals, whose recommendations you are protesting.

A number of doctors have said that keeping people cooped up indoors has only prolonged this whole thing or made it worse. But of course one of the agendas is to get the whole world to take the vaccine which will make the main crooks behind this whole thing a massive fortune.

Everyone should watch this. It's coming from a very different perspective. She is Australian, a vegan and lives off grid.

Interesting video.

Protect the vulnerable, develop the herd immunity. Only way out and has been from the beginning.

Meanwhile we're arresting people in parks and hiding like rats and it is, of course, way more widespread than people thought, even with all of these measures here.

The Herd immunity strategy would kill 2.4 million people by August 2020 in the United States. 99% of countries are not following the Herd immunity strategy. Their doing the responsible thing which is lockdown and Isolate until new cases are low enough to test, contact trace, and isolate any potential fires that flare up.

The coronavirus pathogen is far to deadly and easily transmissible to do something like Herd immunity. That approach was not even tried in 1918 to combat the pandemic then. You the few back then that did the right thing, and the majority that pretended the virus was not a problem.

Sweden now has the 9th highest rate of death per capita in the world from coronavirus. Sweden is an example of what NOT to do.

The GOLD standards for fighting this pandemic are TAIWAN and SOUTH KOREA.

TAIWAN only has 6 deaths and 429 infections with a population of 24 million. How many people would die in TAIWAN if they followed your strategy for HERD immunity?

Herd immunity, which is inevitable, according to you, fuckwit. Which you are not willing to embrace. But not according to the health professionals, whose recommendations you are protesting.

Thete are plenty saying the same and have been from Day 1, including epidemiologists here- and apparently those in Denmark, duh.

If you pulled your head out of your ass for two seconds instead of keeping it stuffed up there trying to avoid breathing so as not to contract a virus you might also realize that none of these health professionals is, or would be, ignoring actual empirical data or results as they become available In fact they've been citing the need for it as one of the critical elements to chart a path forward, you blithering fool.

Last edited:
Protect the vulnerable, develop the herd immunity. Only way out and has been from the beginning.

Meanwhile we're arresting people in parks and hiding like rats and it is, of course, way more widespread than people thought, even with all of these measures here.
At a cost to Sweden so far of 192 deaths/million population compared to the US at 144/million.
So, are you volunteering to get infected?

Yes and they'll be largely done while we are still hiding and trying to stop something we cannot, while our death toll will likely be spread over a longer time period as we have multiple waves of this.

And spare me the BS leading question/false choice nonsense. I've been working right through this with very few changes in my life and nobody, including Sweden, is advocating not taking reasonable precautions. This is NOT an either or choice between total lockdown and slobbering all over each other at every opportunity while making no effort to slow transmission and protect the vulnerable- and never has been.

And the point is, for those too myopic to realize this, that there are other strategies out there that have been employed, and other nations that are further along the timeline than we are. As those results start to become available it makes sense and is necessary to assess them to determine the best path forward for us.

Which country has the best results in protecting it population from coronavirus? The Answer TAIWAN! Only 6 deaths in TAIWAN. TAIWAN is the gold standard in protecting its population. Trump's failure is measured by the number of deaths Taiwan has vs. the United States.

Sweden has the 9th highest death rate per capita in the world from coronavirus. Why would anyone follow that example for protecting its population. There are only 8 other countries that are dying at a greater rate than Sweden from coronavirus.

The Herd immunity strategy would kill 2.4 million people by August 2020 in the United States. 99% of countries are not following the Herd immunity strategy. Their doing the responsible thing which is lockdown and Isolate until new cases are low enough to test, contact trace, and isolate any potential fires that flare up.

The coronavirus pathogen is far to deadly and easily transmissible to do something like Herd immunity. That approach was not even tried in 1918 to combat the pandemic then. You the few back then that did the right thing, and the majority that pretended the virus was not a problem.

Sweden now has the 9th highest rate of death per capita in the world from coronavirus. Sweden is an example of what NOT to do.

TAIWAN only has 6 deaths and 429 infections with a population of 24 million. How many people would die in TAIWAN if they followed your strategy for HERD immunity?

Nonsense. Your numbers are simply wrong. This is far more widespread than people realize, so your apparent 6% fatality rate is being proven incorrect over and over again. It is looking to be anywhere from .1 to .3%. It is certainly not 6.

Again, dolt, nobody says not to protect the vulnerable or take reasonable precautions to slow it so as not to overwhelm medical systems. Not me, not Sweden, nobody.
Even though those reasonable precautions, as recommended by your medical experts, are what you're protesting about, fuckwit. Yeah right.

Again, dumbfuck, from my earlier post, which you conveniently have removed from the conversation

If you don't think we should be taking into account the actions of other nations and how they did or did not work so that we can assess how to best move forward here you are nothing short of a moron. Let's not assess actual empirical results and data, because that would make too much fucking sense, and may just contradict our current beliefs.

Which country has done the best at protecting their population from Coronavirus? TAIWAN! only 429 infections and 6 deaths out of a population of 24 million people. Why not follow the country that has the best results instead of the country, Sweden, with the 9th worst rate of death from this virus?

Nonsense. Your numbers are simply wrong. This is far more widespread than people realize, so your apparent 6% fatality rate is being proven incorrect over and over again. It is looking to be anywhere from .1 to .3%. It is certainly not 6.

Is it nonsense that Taiwan has only 6 deaths and 429 infections?

Is it nonsense that Sweden has the 9th highest number of deaths per capita from covid-19?

What is your evidence that proves that its more widespread than people think? How reliable is such evidence?

Based on known infections and deaths in the United States, the current rate of death of the infected is 5.6%.

But the number of deaths may be an undercount as people who die In their homes are never tested for coronavirus. About 200 people in New York City are dying in their homes every day and its suspected that the majority of them are dying from coronavirus but their deaths are not apart of the total death figures.

In Italy the death rate is 13.4% and may be even higher. Several cities in Italy have recorded 3 to 4 times as many deaths in March/April this year from natural causes over the same time period in 2019. Its like that Covid-19 is responsible for this massive surge in deaths, most of these deaths are not being added to the official death total from Covid-19. But what else would explain a 300% increase in death in that time period over last year?

Forum List

Back