Long gun

I guess it's too much trouble to just call a weapon what it is.... ??? :confused::confused-84:

from a distance, how could they be able to see what it was...

other than it being a hand gun, or a gun with a long barrel.

okay then long gun would mean a rifle - or just be as descriptive as possible.....
if that is what it means... but from the way the OP stated her opening statement, it's something "new"... no?

rifle, or shot gun

I've only heard the term once recently on the news, assumed that was what it meant (using common sense).... not that it really matters.

I believe the original term referred was the old Muskets. Black powder guns. The Hawkens comes to mind. I've shot one of those way in the past and they are like looking down a tree trunk. Kicked like a mule as well.

pennsylvania-long-rifle-variant.png

I guess it's too much trouble to just call a weapon what it is.... ??? :confused::confused-84:

from a distance, how could they be able to see what it was...

other than it being a hand gun, or a gun with a long barrel.

okay then long gun would mean a rifle - or just be as descriptive as possible.....
if that is what it means... but from the way the OP stated her opening statement, it's something "new"... no?

rifle, or shot gun

I've only heard the term once recently on the news, assumed that was what it meant (using common sense).... not that it really matters.

Just happened to remember, I used the term long gun on Thanksgiving.

Son in law was showing me, and his other father in laws, his new carbine, which he had hanging in his closet.

He mentioned he needed to get a larger safe, and I asked him how many long guns he had.

Long gun is a long gun, as in not a handgun. That could be a rifle, shotgun, anything with a longer barrel than a pistol or revolver.

Pretty much the long and short of it....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk
I think it's a PC term like long pig.

They've been called 'long guns' since people noticed they weren't short.

Is that the PC term for assault weapon? I hear it a lot lately and it seems to be used for everything from a rifle to a machine gun.
No, that term was used long before leftist started to get offended by the word 'assault'.

but you people are so easily harmed by words it affects your memory as well
I've only heard it recently. Please provide a link.

And wtf are you saying assault is cool?
Long rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The long rifle, also known as longrifle, Kentucky rifle, or Pennsylvania rifle, was one of the first commonly used rifles for hunting and warfare.[1] It is characterized by an unusually long barrel, which is widely believed to be a largely unique development of American rifles that was uncommon in European rifles of the same period.

The term predates the founding of the United States

You should have known this from history class. Do you hate America so much that you blank on basic history?

Is that the PC term for assault weapon? I hear it a lot lately and it seems to be used for everything from a rifle to a machine gun.
No, that term was used long before leftist started to get offended by the word 'assault'.

IOW, you don't know.

Its a legit question. Why are you RWNJs so afraid of the facts?
The long rifle, also known as longrifle, Kentucky rifle, or Pennsylvania rifle, was one of the first commonly used rifles for hunting and warfare.[1] It is characterized by an unusually long barrel, which is widely believed to be a largely unique development of American rifles that was uncommon in European rifles of the same period.

leftist are such fucking morons

how do you get off calling me a nut job when you don't know grade school level history of the country you live in?

The distinction between long guns and hand guns is needful due to storage and security practicalities.

The liberal definition of assault rifle; Anything that scares us, especially of it's long a black
The irony is that the best guns are not made with plastic but Walnut wood instead. These tend to be cheaper weapons.
no, the true irony is the people that used 'long guns' to win the Revolutionary War were called liberals back then.

today they get called rwnjobs b/c they cling to their guns and are hated by todays leftist

You should have known this from history class. Do you hate America so much that you blank on basic history?
Long rifle is a specific weapon. Long gun is a PC term for assault weapons.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Germans were the first to pioneer the assault rifle concept, during World War II, based upon research that showed that most firefights happen within 400 metres (1,300 ft) and that contemporary rifles were over-powered for most small arms combat.[6][7][8][9][10] They sought to develop a select-fire intermediate powered rifle combining the firepower of a submachine gun with the accuracy and range of a rifle.[6][7][8][9][10] This was done by shortening the standard 7.92×57mm cartridge to 7.92×33mm and giving it a lighter 125 grain bullet, that limited range but allowed for more controllable automatic fire.[7][8][9][10][11]A smaller, lighter cartridge also allowed soldiers to carry more ammunition "to support the higher consumption rate of automatic fire."[6]

in your defense, that's HS level history and the hate you have for America had to be really high by that time.

Since there is absolutely no difference between an "assault" rifle and any other semi automatic rifle available for purchase in the US I assume your question is rhetorical

Here we go again

This "assault" weapon

oracle.jpg

Is no different from this "ranch" rifle

Mini14GB.jpg

In caliber, capacity, rate of fire or accuracy

The Germans were the first to pioneer the assault rifle concept, during World War II, based upon research that showed that most firefights happen within 400 metres (1,300 ft) and that contemporary rifles were over-powered for most small arms combat.[6][7][8][9][10] They sought to develop a select-fire intermediate powered rifle combining the firepower of a submachine gun with the accuracy and range of a rifle.[6][7][8][9][10] This was done by shortening the standard 7.92×57mm cartridge to 7.92×33mm and giving it a lighter 125 grain bullet, that limited range but allowed for more controllable automatic fire.[7][8][9][10][11]A smaller, lighter cartridge also allowed soldiers to carry more ammunition "to support the higher consumption rate of automatic fire."[6]

in your defense, that's HS level history and the hate you have for America had to be really high by that time.
What has that to do with me proving you wrong about long RIFLES?

But you don't seem to know that there is no difference between "assault" rifles and any other semi auto rifle

But you don't seem to know that there is no difference between "assault" rifles and any other semi auto rifle
If they are used for assault, they are assault rifles. That's a different discussion, though. Why does the media toss around "long gun" instead of labeling the weapons for what they are?

If they are used for assault, they are assault rifles. That's a different discussion, though. Why does the media toss around "long gun" instead of labeling the weapons for what they are?

Why does the media toss around "long gun"

Because that is the best description of them.

The are LONG guns, as opposed to hand guns.

so my wife chases me around with an assault frying pan?

Forum List

Back