Zone1 Losing Fear of the Lord

Besides, I could not subscribe to any religion that uses fear to keep their believers in line.
I mentioned earlier about 'fear' also spreading into 'awe'. How much fear is there over what is good. Sometimes it seems we have more fear of doing what is good than doing what is easiest.

In my view, "fear of the Lord" is accepting the axiom that actions have consequences, though not always obvious consequences. People with character have fear of the Lord, regardless of their belief system, if any.

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

desert dwellers use fear in their religions for many reasons non of which are heavenly ...

the liar moses as an example and those that promote their false commandments used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

- using the heavens as a diversion to better themselves as the televangelist their use of the religious fears to reward themselves.

In my view, "fear of the Lord" is accepting the axiom that actions have consequences, though not always obvious consequences. People with character have fear of the Lord, regardless of their belief system, if any.
Yes. I was also contemplating consequences our actions today will have on future generations.

Yeah, Jim Bakker was sorry he got caught, he wasn't sorry he did it.

The problem with the God-Botherers is that you can always convince yourself that your imaginary sky friend is okay with what you are doing, whether it be embezzling the life savings of old ladies, or launching a crusade against people who believe differently than you do.

View attachment 999943

Come on, do you think Bakker thought what he was doing wrong at any point before the Feds slapped the cuffs on him? He didn't lose his fear or the Lord, he thought the lord wanted his dog to have an air-conditioned doghouse.
The power of AMerican Christians to self deceive could power a rocket to mars.
They can rationalise anything to fit with their "beliefs"
I think that is why they are failing.

Fear of the Lord is the same fear that children have of their parents. A healthy and necessary fear.

Forum List

Back