Louie Gohmert demonstrates conservative logic, AGAIN.

Troubled_CA

Jun 9, 2013
Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) on Thursday denied it was “evil” for Republicans to want to cut food stamps because poor people used the program to purchase extravagant foods.

The Texas congressman complained that Democrats had portrayed Republicans as evil because they supported a measure to cut nearly 2 million low-income people off the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which would mainly impact working families with children.

On the other hand, Gohmert said, poor people were using food stamps to buy food that other Americans could not afford. He claimed his “broken-hearted” constituents had repeatedly told him they had seen people use food stamps to buy king crab legs.

“Because he does pay income tax, he doesn’t get more back than he pays in, he is actually helping pay for king crab legs when he can’t pay for them for himself,” Gohmert explained.

Rep. Louie Gohmert Says Poor People Buy King Crab Legs with Food Stamps (Video)

The average amount of food stamp they get is 133/month.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/18SNAPavg$PP.htm

what a windfall!!

do you think they can get MORE if they blow it on crab legs???

NO.

is Ghomert a Goober?

YES

Why don't the GOP support ending subsidy for corporations?

Why just poor people?

Poor people need better lobbyists!

If they buy crab legs with their food stamps, obviously they have the money available to buy staples and essentials...thus they don't need food stamps.

That's some of that "logic" stuff you seem to have trouble with.

what a windfall!!

NO.

is Ghomert a Goober?

YES

Why just poor people?

The food stamps and the corporate welfare need to end. You subsidize poverty and corruption and you get more poverty and corruption.

what a windfall!!

NO.

is Ghomert a Goober?

YES

Why just poor people?

The food stamps and the corporate welfare need to end. You subsidize poverty and corruption and you get more poverty and corruption.

During the Great Depression the same stories were told of the poor that wouldn't work. They were lazy, drank a lot and shiftless. When WWII began the same shiftless lazy bums went to work in the defense factories or wherever but now they were called war workers. Same people, but now with jobs. There is something about having a job that makes one superior to their fellow man.
Do some poor bilk the system, of course. Do some rich bilk the system, of course. Do some politicians bilk the system?

Gohmert is a born again fundamentalist who could not find his ass with the help of an ass sniffing dog.

I know Judge Louie, and told him in his first run for office that his campaign for Congress was as sleazy as they came. He has not talked to me since. He is a fucking embarrassment to Tyler and East Texas. He was an incredibly poor judge and has been a worse congressman.

Bottom of your graph.

Annual averages are total benefits divided by total annual participation.

Which means some get more, some get less.
HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.
I could easily feed myself, properly, on $150 a month, with enough left over to purchase crab legs if I wanted to.
It's called, 'shopping smart'.

Last edited:

During the Great Depression the same stories were told of the poor that wouldn't work. They were lazy, drank a lot and shiftless. When WWII began the same shiftless lazy bums went to work in the defense factories or wherever but now they were called war workers. Same people, but now with jobs. There is something about having a job that makes one superior to their fellow man.
Do some poor bilk the system, of course. Do some rich bilk the system, of course. Do some politicians bilk the system?

And while that is an interesting bit of history, that has what exactly to do with what I said?

During the Great Depression the same stories were told of the poor that wouldn't work. They were lazy, drank a lot and shiftless.

Horseshit. No such stories were told during the Depression. Liberal turds just make stuff up if it fits their narrative.

When WWII began the same shiftless lazy bums went to work in the defense factories or wherever but now they were called war workers. Same people, but now with jobs.

Actually, most of the unemployed were drafted. That's the only reason Roosevelt's numbers started looking better.

There is something about having a job that makes one superior to their fellow man. Do some poor bilk the system, of course. Do some rich bilk the system, of course. Do some politicians bilk the system?

You can't "bilk" a system that's entirely voluntary because the minute word gets out the money dries up immediately.

Welfare is a huge failure. Furthermore it differs in no essential features from armed robbery. Corruption in these programs is a minor issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Gohmert_Idiot-in-Box1.jpg

Louie "Gomer" Gohmert is my favorite Texas lunatic. He is "special" crazy.

Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) on Thursday denied it was “evil” for Republicans to want to cut food stamps because poor people used the program to purchase extravagant foods.

The Texas congressman complained that Democrats had portrayed Republicans as evil because they supported a measure to cut nearly 2 million low-income people off the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which would mainly impact working families with children.

On the other hand, Gohmert said, poor people were using food stamps to buy food that other Americans could not afford. He claimed his “broken-hearted” constituents had repeatedly told him they had seen people use food stamps to buy king crab legs.

“Because he does pay income tax, he doesn’t get more back than he pays in, he is actually helping pay for king crab legs when he can’t pay for them for himself,” Gohmert explained.

Rep. Louie Gohmert Says Poor People Buy King Crab Legs with Food Stamps (Video)

what a windfall!!

NO.

is Ghomert a Goober?

YES

Why just poor people?

And the vast majority of those receiving food stamps do so but for a short period of time, never to return to the program, they receive job placement and employment and training assistance, and a significant number of households receiving food stamps are low income working families, the elderly, the retired, children, and those disabled.

Gohmert is a born again fundamentalist who could not find his ass with the help of an ass sniffing dog.

You would make a real good ass sniffing dog since your nose is buried in the Democrat party's logo....the ass.

I know Judge Louie, and told him in his first run for office that his campaign for Congress was as sleazy as they came. He has not talked to me since. He is a fucking embarrassment to Tyler and East Texas. He was an incredibly poor judge and has been a worse congressman.

The mere fact that he didn't listen to you is exactly why he is in congress. I keep seeing you post about the libertarian and far right types in the GOP and how they are hurting it. Well, it looks like you are the real lunatic fringe in Tyler and East Texas, obviously enough people there don't share your passive leftist views. The only people hurting the GOP are Karl Rove, Juan McShame, Jeff is a Flake, Lyndsey "Benedict Arnold" Gramnesty, the Kleenex man John Boehner and other such liars and turncoats. Those traitors are the types that make a lot of Republican voters not even bother voting.

Assistance for the welfare of the people is the sole priority of the State(s), and not necessarily the primary responsibility of the U.S. government. Federal government programs for the welfare of the people initiates lethargy based on the premise that it eradicates personal accountability and responsibility from the individual to provide for the humanitarian needs of other individuals. State and U.S. government annual budget should provide a safety net for the "welfare for the people" Food banks across America, funded primarily through charitable donations can provide meals for the "less fortunate" at less expense that the Federal government.

Bottom of your graph.

HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.
I could easily feed myself, properly, on $150 a month, with enough left over to purchase crab legs if I wanted to.

I'm sure you eat a lot. My guess is that you don't consume a great deal. On the other hand, my two boys and I each consume about 3000 calories per day, and we eat most of our food at home. We don't go out very often. I spend around $900 per month for the three of us. It would be very difficult for me to buy enough food if I only had $150 per person, and it would be completely impossible if I had $150 for all three of us.

Bottom of your graph.

HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.

I'm sure you eat a lot. My guess is that you don't consume a great deal. On the other hand, my two boys and I each consume about 3000 calories per day, and we eat most of our food at home. We don't go out very often. I spend around $900 per month for the three of us. It would be very difficult for me to buy enough food if I only had $150 per person, and it would be completely impossible if I had $150 for all three of us.
You confuse appetite with caloric intake. A mistake many people make. You can live off of 3000 calories per day for 3 people for less than 150 dollars unless you live in a liberal bastion of freedom like New York or San Francisco.

Today's foods are so caloric dense that 3000 calories can be eaten by 4pm if you wake up at 7 am and eat no more than two meals prior to the 4pm deadline.

Bottom of your graph.

HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.

Would be interesting to see your daily menu.

For a family of five, I spend about $600 a month on groceries. Three of the five are very athletic.
For me, it's about shopping smart.

Bottom of your graph.

HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.

You confuse appetite with caloric intake. A mistake many people make. You can live off of 3000 calories per day for 3 people for less than 150 dollars unless you live in a liberal bastion of freedom like New York or San Francisco.

Today's foods are so caloric dense that 3000 calories can be eaten by 4pm if you wake up at 7 am and eat no more than two meals prior to the 4pm deadline.

We eat healthy foods, plenty of fruits and veggies along with lean protein. I know what I'm talking about. We eat a lot because we all burn calories like crazy as we are all very active.

Bottom of your graph.

HI and Guam rock it out!
Per person.

Would be interesting to see your daily menu.

For a family of five, I spend about $600 a month on groceries. Three of the five are very athletic.
For me, it's about shopping smart.

Oatmeal and fruit salad for breakfast. Turkey, Ham, (Boar's Head or Dietz and Watson brand meats) and Cheese Sandwich on Multi-grain bread and a yogurt for lunch. Grilled Chicken Breast with mushrooms and onions covered with pepperjack cheese, asparagus, and pasta salad for dinner. Split a large Deluxe Pizza from Marco's Pizza with the kids for our late night meal. We eat four times a day most of the time. Nuts, fresh fruit, and some chips for snacks throughout the day. That was today's menu for me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back