Louisiana Governor knows this will increase his popularity

Should the 10 Commandments be displayed in public schools in America?

• Total voters

I say the answer is yes for the whole country. Whether it is decided on a individual state level by every state or on some kind of a federal level. The United States has always been a Christian majority country largely based on Christian values, even though we are not technically a theocracy. We can do something like this without it being “fanaticism”. Or even any kind a semblance of religious supremacy.

Radical atheists/far left Christians will respond with false accusations against people and they will tell people how they think, they will make things up. They do that in threads like this. Otoh right wing Christians, who might disagree with the ruling generally have a civil disagreement

And for people who might say well, why not have something from the Quran or the Torah or the Hindu scriptures displayed in public. Well if we’re talking about Israel a Jewish majority country or Saudi Arabia a Muslim majority country ….and they had their religious scriptures in public schools, I would be fine with it.

Allow me to go even further. I believe in respecting the majority culture of the country one is living in. While living in Thailand and Cambodia, I respected the Buddhist religion and even visited a number of Buddhist temples. I think this is called common sense … remember the old saying “when in Rome.”
hail-satan-v0-zqsl25rybx7d1.jpeg

Our laws in the USA are based upon the 10 commandments. Crimes against perjury, elder abuse, murder, burglary , etc. all have their roots in this document given to us by Almighty God.

Remember as well, the Pledge of Allegiance points out that we are "One Nation, under God" and our national motto is In God We Trust.

The USA is non-sectarian, sure. But that doesn't mean that we are atheist pos's.
So that means the blob violated the Ten Commandments 34 times (at least)?

I say the answer is yes for the whole country. Whether it is decided on a individual state level by every state or on some kind of a federal level. The United States has always been a Christian majority country largely based on Christian values, even though we are not technically a theocracy. We can do something like this without it being “fanaticism”. Or even any kind a semblance of religious supremacy.

Radical atheists/far left Christians will respond with false accusations against people and they will tell people how they think, they will make things up. They do that in threads like this. Otoh right wing Christians, who might disagree with the ruling generally have a civil disagreement

And for people who might say well, why not have something from the Quran or the Torah or the Hindu scriptures displayed in public. Well if we’re talking about Israel a Jewish majority country or Saudi Arabia a Muslim majority country ….and they had their religious scriptures in public schools, I would be fine with it.

Allow me to go even further. I believe in respecting the majority culture of the country one is living in. While living in Thailand and Cambodia, I respected the Buddhist religion and even visited a number of Buddhist temples. I think this is called common sense … remember the old saying “when in Rome.”
You make a strong case against your Constitution..
Further amendments may be required as the Christian religion becomes more demanding and more relevant in America.

No freedom of religion can continue to be absolute when it become a question on the Christian god.

As a Christian I'm OK with posting them. But that's the extent of it. The teaching of religion in a public setting is a huge no for me.

Point already responded to you. You can have your opinions, but I noticed something with the left wing. They don’t respond to counterpoints.

And they often make things about other people whether it’s calling them a racist or a misogynist or something like that.

Our laws in the USA are based upon the 10 commandments. Crimes against perjury, elder abuse, murder, burglary , etc. all have their roots in this document given to us by Almighty God.

Remember as well, the Pledge of Allegiance points out that we are "One Nation, under God" and our national motto is In God We Trust.

The USA is non-sectarian, sure. But that doesn't mean that we are atheist pos's.
I see Princess....In your small mind, if you are not a Christian and do not believe in the ten Commandments, you're an Atheist?? Holy shit!!!

Now all you have to do is explain haw this is not a violation of the establishment clause of the 1st amendment. Or....maybe you have a plan to revoke it.
Because Christianity is not being forced upon anyone in the USA.

Freedom of religion exists. Nobody can deny that Christianity has played a huge role in the foundation, Of America and the fact that we are a Christian majority country throughout our history.

I’m not against Saudi Arabia publicly displaying a Quran in their public schools or Israel publicly displaying a Torah in their public schools.

It’s also also respectful to respect the majority culture/religion of the country that one is living in. Again, I did this in Cambodia and Thailand respecting the Buddhist faith.

You have heard it said that they will put up a version of the 10 commandments in schools, but I say unto you whosoever will follow the establishment clause will avoid the fires of Christian Nationalism.

1. www.forbes.com › sites › maryroeloffsReligion Bleeds Into Public School With Ten Commandment Law ...

21 hours ago · A year before passing the Ten Commandments law, Louisiana passed another that requires the phrase "In God We Trust” to be displayed on signage in every public school classroom and told ...
  2. www.washingtonpost.com › national › 2024/06/20Louisiana's new law requiring the Ten Commandments in ...

22 hours ago · Under the new law, all public K-12 classrooms and state-funded universities will be required to display a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” next year.
  3. news.yahoo.com › news › supreme-court-saidWhat the Supreme Court has said about displaying the Ten ...

1 day ago · Louisiana’s governor has said he looks forward to defending the new Ten Commandments law in court. “I can’t wait to be sued,” he said over

Your opinion is irrelevant
it’s a matter of you not providing a counter argument to what was already posted so you are still trolling in the thread until you respond with a counterpoint to the following.

This is a discussion board and you’re being rude at this point with your behavior and tone.

You have not responded to the counterpoint to your argument,

I don’t know what your opinion is on the above^ because you haven’t responded to it. So you are trolling in this thread so far. At least provide a response to the above. I’m not here to personally attack you for your response.

it’s a matter of you not providing a counter argument to what was already posted so you are still trolling in the thread until you respond with a counterpoint to the following.

This is a discussion board and you’re being rude at this point with your behavior and tone.

You have not responded to the counterpoint to your argument,

I don’t know what your opinion is on the above^ because you haven’t responded to it. So you are trolling in this thread so far. At least provide a response to the above. I’m not here to personally attack you for your response.
Ok. I don’t care if the Ten Commandments are displayed anywhere. It has no bearing whatsoever in my life. That being said if you do support it you must support the same for other religions

Ok. I don’t care if the Ten Commandments are displayed anywhere. It has no bearing whatsoever in my life. That being said if you do support it you must support the same for other religions
I already said that I support Saudi Arabia publicly displaying a Quran in their public schools. Or Israel publicly displaying a Torah in they’re public schools because of the majority religions of those countries.

It’s the “when in Rome” argument respecting the majority culture/religion of the country One is living in ..I would do this if I lived in a Muslim majority country, a Jewish majority country or any non-Christian majority country. I would respect those cultures.

I already said that I support Saudi Arabia publicly displaying a Quran in their public schools. Or Israel publicly displaying a Torah in they’re public schools because of the majority religions of those countries.

It’s the “when in Rome” argument respecting the majority culture/religion of the country One is living in ..I would do this if I lived in a Muslim majority country, a Jewish majority country or any non-Christian majority country. I would respect those cultures.
I said ALL RELIGIONS

there-fixed-it-v0-tfsc452rux7d1.jpeg

the 10 commandments are jewish
Christians should be following the commandments of Jesus.
If we follow these, we would be better off. But it cannot be forced upon people by the state.

Forum List

Back