Louisiana Governor knows this will increase his popularity

Should the 10 Commandments be displayed in public schools in America?

• Total voters
An excellent quote from Justice Scalia, during a Supreme Court case where the Ten Commandments displayed in a classroom was questioned. I did not quote everything, it is very long. So I will cherry pick interesting points made that have not been disputed.
12. Because there are interpretational differences between faiths and within faiths concerning the meaning and perhaps even the text of the Commandments, Justice Stevens maintains that any display of the text of the Ten Commandments is impermissible because it “invariably places the [government] at the center of a serious sectarian dispute.” Van Orden, ante, at 13 (dissenting opinion). I think not. The sectarian dispute regarding text, if serious, is not widely known. I doubt that most religious adherents are even aware that there are competing versions with doctrinal consequences (I certainly was not). In any event, the context of the display here could not conceivably cause the viewer to believe that the government was taking sides in a doctrinal controversy.

I got it, attack attack attack, no discussion with you.
I offered something for everyone else to read. Nothing in response to your posts. You are not quoted or replied to in the post. It was simply information.

Different case in a different state, yet a 10 commandment case that is almost exactly like the one discussed.
There is no doubt that the justices will all have read the dissent by Scalia.
No discussion? Go back to post 508. I laid out my case and you had no counter argument at all, Just deceptive and dishonest bullshit

Yes the Arkansas case is also a ten commandments case, and by admitting that it is the same as the cases that are the subject of this thread, you have proven my point. The Satanic Temple and the FFRF is not about attacking Christianity, They are fighting for equality and recognition, If you feel attacked because I am calling you out on your sick games it's too bad. Grow a spine.

No discussion? Go back to post 508. I laid out my case and you had no counter argument at all, Just deceptive and dishonest bullshit

Yes the Arkansas case is also a ten commandments case, and by admitting that it is the same as the cases that are the subject of this thread, you have proven my point. The Satanic Temple and the FFRF is not about attacking Christianity, They are fighting for equality and recognition, If you feel attacked because I am calling you out on your sick games it's too bad. Grow a spine.
And there it is. You simply dismiss. I just showed that FFRF teamed up with the Satanic Temple on a Ten Commadment case. A case you claimed did not exist and hence I was lying.

The FFRF has dozens of lawsuits against Christianity.

You posted the link to FFRF without a quote or comment. Proving you googled an idea and posted a link you knew nothing about.

I went to your link, read, found that they are a partisan hack group of lawyers and you now act as if you know all about them.

When I mention that the ffrf and the satanic cult are working together on a ten commandments case you called me a liar and said they only worked together on an after school club issue.

TPP, you have no idea what you are talking about. Rephrasing your comments as I prove you are lost.

OKTexas is a little white shitass racist, nothing more, nothing to offer of worth to anyone, just like so many of MAGA.

He believes the 10 Commandments should hang in every classroom, although he is an atheist, because he thinks the libs are owned somehow.

And there it is. You simply dismiss. I just showed that FFRF teamed up with the Satanic Temple on a Ten Commadment case. A case you claimed did not exist and hence I was lying.

The FFRF has dozens of lawsuits against Christianity.

You posted the link to FFRF without a quote or comment. Proving you googled an idea and posted a link you knew nothing about.

I went to your link, read, found that they are a partisan hack group of lawyers and you now act as if you know all about them.

When I mention that the ffrf and the satanic cult are working together on a ten commandments case you called me a liar and said they only worked together on an after school club issue.

TPP, you have no idea what you are talking about. Rephrasing your comments as I prove you are lost.
And there it is alright. You are either still trying to gaslight me, or you have just lost your mind completely . You are either living in an alternative reality or just knowingly making shit up. I never denied that the Satanic Temple was working with the FFRF and never denied the existence of the ten commandments case. In addition I never denied that there were dozens of cases

Then you continue to blather about my posing a link without a comment, because you have nothing else to hang your hat on. The fact is that said plenty about it and you continue to fail to counter my points with anything that makes any sense.

You started this shit way back with post 331 where you said: “how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts
the sad fact is, these fools think the 1st amendment abolishes, bans, the mention of god, jesus, or religion”

Since then, you were challenged numerous times to defend that statement with a coherent and logical argument based on facts and have failed to do so. Instead, all we get are red logical fallacies, distortions of fact and outright lies.

You keep whining about how they “attack Christianity” when it has been proven that what they attack is the inequality and dominance that Christianity seems to thing that they are entitle to. Yet you keep using the word “attack” in a knowingly dishonest way

Anyone following this can that you are in fact the one who is lost. And worse.

This will be an interesting case. How will the leftists of the Supreme Court act. Will Roberts act according to the Constitution. Scalia lays down the law in this case I have been quoting. Pure genius. But more for the research and depth of knowledge presented than figuring something out that we MAGA cult members (all 100 million of us) do not know.
Scalia, a genius
In sum: The first displays did not necessarily evidence an intent to further religious practice; nor did the second displays, or the resolutions authorizing them; and there is in any event no basis for attributing whatever intent motivated the first and second displays to the third. Given the presumption of regularity that always accompanies our review of official action, see supra, at 18—19 n. 9, the Court has identified no evidence of a purpose to advance religion in a way that is inconsistent with our cases. The Court may well be correct in identifying the third displays as the fruit of a desire to display the Ten Commandments, ante, at 24, but neither our cases nor our history support its assertion that such a desire renders the fruit poisonous.
For the foregoing reasons, I would reverse the judgment of the Court of Appeals.

It's a clear constitutional violation unless they're gonna require the tenets of Satanism to be put right next to them. And of course few select bits of the Quran and the Torah, some Hinduism stuff, and lets not forget Taoism and everybody else.

I'm fine with the 10 Commandments & anything from the Quaran, Hindu, Satanism or Taoism.

Just as long as they don't post any of that zany Christian stuff...Jesus was such a fag!

Seriously -

The 10 Commandments are the ancient Jewish Law.

No one in the United States should be subject to ancient Jewish law.

We should only be subject to U.S. Federal law, the local State law, and the teachings of Jerry Garcia.

Seriously -

The 10 Commandments are the ancient Jewish Law.

No one in the United States should be subject to ancient Jewish law.

We should only be subject to U.S. Federal law, the local State law, and the teachings of Jerry Garcia.
Yet, here we are, you get to get an education on our founding and the first amendment. You think you can resist the ten commandments forcing you to be a catholic cause you know, you seen them.

Yet, here we are, you get to get an education on our founding and the first amendment. You think you can resist the ten commandments forcing you to be a catholic cause you know, you seen them.

Speaking of education - Please learn to write a coherent sentence.

Thank You!

Huh????

Post 331 “how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts
the sad fact is, these fools think the 1st amendment abolishes, bans, the mention of god, jesus, or religion”

That it what this is about. That is your post that you cannot defend. That is the post that you want us to forget about and think that you can get us to forget with all of the other crap that you've been posting.

You will not be allowed to forget. Your feet will be held to the fire

This will be an interesting case. How will the leftists of the Supreme Court act. Will Roberts act according to the Constitution. Scalia lays down the law in this case I have been quoting. Pure genius. But more for the research and depth of knowledge presented than figuring something out that we MAGA cult members (all 100 million of us) do not know.
Scalia, a genius
In sum: The first displays did not necessarily evidence an intent to further religious practice; nor did the second displays, or the resolutions authorizing them; and there is in any event no basis for attributing whatever intent motivated the first and second displays to the third. Given the presumption of regularity that always accompanies our review of official action, see supra, at 18—19 n. 9, the Court has identified no evidence of a purpose to advance religion in a way that is inconsistent with our cases. The Court may well be correct in identifying the third displays as the fruit of a desire to display the Ten Commandments, ante, at 24, but neither our cases nor our history support its assertion that such a desire renders the fruit poisonous.
For the foregoing reasons, I would reverse the judgment of the Court of Appeals.
Scalia is dead

Huh????

Post 331 “how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts

That it what this is about. That is your post that you cannot defend. That is the post that you want us to forget about and think that you can get us to forget with all of the other crap that you've been posting.

You will not be allowed to forget. Your feet will be held to the fire
FFRF? you posted a link with no comment about an organization you continue to prove you know nothing about.
You have not refuted a word I said, in fact, you proved you know less about the Freedom From Religion Foundation than I do. And at that, you proved you knew nothing about them.

How is it that you said they were not involved in a Ten Commandments case with the Satanic Cult? That I was a liar and that the case they were involved in was only about an after school club?
You imply that the Satanic Temple wants to post their religious message along side of the ten commandments but that is a bold faced lie.
You bullshit end now. You have nothing else
I proved that the Satanic Temple in fact does want to post their message along with the Ten Commandments. Proved with a link, quote, and comment. Refuting your ugly contradiction.

It was a bold faced lie on TPP's part, to suggest I was not correct.
TPP, it is proven you know nothing of the link you posted, the link you did not comment on, the link you did not quote from.
TPP, posting a link proves you know nothing.

An excellent quote from Justice Scalia, during a Supreme Court case where the Ten Commandments displayed in a classroom was questioned. I did not quote everything, it is very long. So I will cherry pick interesting points made that have not been disputed.
12. Because there are interpretational differences between faiths and within faiths concerning the meaning and perhaps even the text of the Commandments, Justice Stevens maintains that any display of the text of the Ten Commandments is impermissible because it “invariably places the [government] at the center of a serious sectarian dispute.” Van Orden, ante, at 13 (dissenting opinion). I think not. The sectarian dispute regarding text, if serious, is not widely known. I doubt that most religious adherents are even aware that there are competing versions with doctrinal consequences (I certainly was not). In any event, the context of the display here could not conceivably cause the viewer to believe that the government was taking sides in a doctrinal controversy.
Still failing to mention that it was a dissenting opinion and that the court found that the ten commandments did in fact violate the establishment clause.

Forum List

Back