Louisiana Governor knows this will increase his popularity

Should the 10 Commandments be displayed in public schools in America?

• Total voters
FFRF? you posted a link with no comment about an organization you continue to prove you know nothing about.
You have not refuted a word I said, in fact, you proved you know less about the Freedom From Religion Foundation than I do. And at that, you proved you knew nothing about them.

How is it that you said they were not involved in a Ten Commandments case with the Satanic Cult? That I was a liar and that the case they were involved in was only about an after school club?

I proved that the Satanic Temple in fact does want to post their message along with the Ten Commandments. Proved with a link, quote, and comment. Refuting your ugly contradiction.

It was a bold faced lie on TPP's part, to suggest I was not correct.
TPP, it is proven you know nothing of the link you posted, the link you did not comment on, the link you did not quote from.
TPP, posting a link proves you know nothing.
Oh christ are you still here. You should quit while your behind. I have refuted everything that you said despite the fact that the burden of proof is on you since you started this shit with your absurd assertion in Post 331

“how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts
the sad fact is, these fools think the 1st amendment abolishes, bans, the mention of god, jesus, or religion”

That is what is at the heart of all of this and YOU have not been able to back that up. I am going to repeat that quot in every response to you until you own up to it and make an attempt to defend it

And you are still lying and misrepresenting things that I have said:

“How is it that you said they were not involved in a Ten Commandment s case with the Satanic Cult?” Bullshit! I never said that

And

“I proved that the Satanic Temple in fact does want to post their message along with the Ten Commandments.” I never denied that . They just want equal time and recognition

Just stop it already!!

The case is from 2005 and the court is anything but leftist now. How stupid are you??
No kidding, the case I linked, quoted, read, referenced is from 2005. Thank you for adding your own special kind of insight.

Still, I wonder how the leftist/democrats will react this time. Which way will Roberts go, will he follow the constitution or claim the constitution is a living involving document that can be interpreted anyway the wind blows, like they did in 2005

I must say, you got me again. 2005. I just cant debate that wisdom. 2005, huh

The United States was founded on the Ten Commandments.
Time to teach the truth.
What did the founding fathers say about Christianity?

The founding fathers could not be clearer on this point: God has no role in government; Christianity has no role in government. They make this point explicitly, repeatedly, in multiple founding documents. We are not a Christian nation.Feb 26, 2015

Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation - HuffPost

Our founding fathers understood well the extraordinary danger of mixing religion and politics; we forget that lesson at our great peril. If we forget, just glance over to the Middle East. I tremble in fear for my country when the majority of conservatives believe we are a Christian nation; that frightening majority has forgotten our history, ignored our founding principles and abandoned our most cherished ideal of separating church and state. In mixing religion and politics, the religious right subverts both. And the world suffers.

Well, seeing's how you are asking, I shall teach you.

Because We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Gallantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams
1719281604213.png

Even when it is part of our founding?

Part of our founding? Our founding was based on religion. Being part of ones (our founders) belief's, doesn't mean the country was founded on religious beliefs for religious purposes. There were much more important reasons for dividing our selves from Britain. FFS, Europe in almost it's entirety was filled with religious people.
They didn't come here just so they could believe in God or be able to go to church. They had churches over there.

Y'all make out like no one would worship unless they came to the USA.

Part of our founding? Our founding was based on religion. Being part of ones (our founders) belief's, doesn't mean the country was founded on religious beliefs for religious purposes. There were much more important reasons for dividing our selves from Britain. FFS, Europe in almost it's entirety was filled with religious people.
They didn't come here just so they could believe in God or be able to go to church. They had churches over there.

Y'all make out like no one would worship unless they came to the USA.
I dont make it out like you state in the least bit.
The Ten Commandments in public does not promote a religion. Things have changed since the last time the Supreme Court addressed this issue. Are you familiar with that significant change?

Because We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Gallantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams
View attachment 967046
Still waiting for you to present a coherent argument to justify this moronic statement from your post 331

“how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts the sad fact is, these fools think the 1st amendment abolishes, bans, the mention of god, jesus, or religion

In addition you have repeatedly stated that the FFRF is out to destroy Christianity when I have argued that their actual goal is religious freedom for everyone, Including Christians

Here again, you have said outlandish things that you then run from because you can’t defend them. Instead to throw in red herrings , lies and distortions to divert attention from the crazy shit that you have said.

That is what is at the heart of and equality for everyone , Including Christiansall of this and YOU have not been able to back that up. I am going to repeat that quot in every response to you until you own up to it and make an attempt

View attachment 967046

John Adams also said:
“Nothing is more dreaded than the National Government meddling with Religion.”

Thomas Jefferson:

“I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,’ thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.”

Jan. 1, 1802, Letter to the Connecticut Danbury Baptist Association​

The founding fathers could not be clearer on this point: God has no role in government; Christianity has no role in government. They make this point explicitly, repeatedly, in multiple founding documents. We are not a Christian nation.Feb 26, 2015

Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation - HuffPost

Yet John Adams said that the Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to govern any other. While the founders were careful not to name any specific religion, it is clear that they intended a nation of Christian values.

I dont make it out like you state in the least bit.
The Ten Commandments in public does not promote a religion. Things have changed since the last time the Supreme Court addressed this issue. Are you familiar with that significant change?

You're getting off onto an irrelevant subject. I could care less what the supreme court says. As a matter of my opinion, the government should stay out of religion and organized groups and simply stick to their jobs and what they're paid to do.

Statues, writing, signs, and flags that have nothing to do with government, should be irrelevant to government.

You're getting off onto an irrelevant subject. I could care less what the supreme court says. As a matter of my opinion, the government should stay out of religion and organized groups and simply stick to their jobs and what they're paid to do.

Statues, writing, signs, and flags that have nothing to do with government, should be irrelevant to government.
The Ten Commandments is the subject

The child molestation scandal in the Catholic clergy was caused by gays entering the priesthood. Child molestation never became a policy of the church. Child molestation is an accepted policy of the lbgtalphabet groups.

That's the difference.

The Catholic Church has a long history of child abuse. When you recruit young, healthy men into the clergy and then tell them they can never have a close or intimate relationship, does kind of set you up for problems.

Forum List

Back