Low Energy Ruth Bader Ginsburg won't attend President Trump's State Of The Union speech

Late Justice Antonin Scalia, who, before he died in 2016, had not attended a State of the Union in nearly 20 years, once derided the televised event to "cheerleading sessions."

There are no signs that Thomas or Ginsburg are senile, give it a rest.

OF COURSE there are signs that Ginsburg is senile, that's why everyone is talking about it. And you'll hear a lot about that Tuesday night, be sure. You know, if "there are no signs," this thread would not exist. This kind of denial thinking reminds me of those people who say there is no such thing as race. Well, what are we talking about all the time, then???

Clarence Thomas is 70 and hasn't talked for a long time. Can he?

Stephen Breyer is nearly 80. Anthony Kennedy is 81. This country is stupid to let these people serve into senility the way they do. They should retire and be replaced, as soon as possible.

The problem about Ginsburg is that she could dodder along for another year or two, basically holding up progress and continuing to embarrass the Court.

OF COURSE there are signs that Ginsburg is senile, that's why everyone is talking about it. And you'll hear a lot about that Tuesday night, be sure. You know, if "there are no signs," this thread would not exist. This kind of denial thinking reminds me of those people who say there is no such thing as race. Well, what are we talking about all the time, then???

Everybody? You really mean the right and they are only doing so because they don't like her, try a little honesty.

He's never talked.

Stephen Breyer is nearly 80. Anthony Kennedy is 81. This country is stupid to let these people serve into senility the way they do. They should retire and be replaced, as soon as possible.

Did you just call the constitution stupid?

The problem about Ginsburg is that she could dodder along for another year or two, basically holding up progress and continuing to embarrass the Court.

The USSC should be embarrassed because you have an opinion?

She is pretty sharp...probably more so than half the people here.

Your half? :laugh:

Your half doesn't even register on the meter....:p
Yet they control most of the country. If we're that stupid what does it make you that you can't beat us?

Wingnuts don't control shit, they are just lead to believe they do.
800px-United_States_Governors_map.svg.png

She is pretty sharp...probably more so than half the people here.

Your half? :laugh:

Your half doesn't even register on the meter....:p
Yet they control most of the country. If we're that stupid what does it make you that you can't beat us?

Wingnuts don't control shit, they are just lead to believe they do.
View attachment 173949

Yeah, look at all those places you're being lied to.

But back to the subject at hand ----- Ginsberg is obviously senile, and she's FULLY 84 YEARS OLD. For heaven's sake, can't we at least require retirement from Congress and the court system when people turn 80??!!

In my opinion, what she is doing is quite wrong, immoral. Continuing to "serve" when she has already lost a lot of capacity and will continue to do so until she just dodders out the door.
Better to have a mentally incapacitated leftwinger than a fully competent leftwinger.

Last edited:
How is she obviously senile? And there have been justices older than her. Forced retirement at 80? Poor sheriff Joe.

There have certainly been justices even more obviously senile than Ginsburg, and a huge embarrassment to the Court they've been, too. There were some infamous cases in the 19th century. Sheriff Joe is 85 and sure, that's absurd, to be running for election at his age.

Of course she is senile! I don't count the falling asleep, though I suppose it's not a good sign considering it didn't happen to any of the other superannuated justices -- that spouting off she has been doing lately against Trump is VERY unjudicial, and it's new --- she's losing her speech filters. Age.

She hasn't lost any mental capacity, you simply just don't like her.

Of course I don't like her, she's a far leftist. But that's not what we're talking about here. She has plainly started bad senility, she's 84, and she should retire immediately. Same with Clarence Thomas, who hasn't spoken for many years: I doubt he can. These justices with the many clerks, who carry them, write and decide everything for them! It's not right. Clarence Thomas is senile and he is a gross sexual abuser, or was when he was able. I'd like to see him out of the Court, too. Soonest.

Thomas is quite lucid. I've seen him being interviewed.

I agree that 80 should be the cutoff. However, many people in their 70s are quite vigourous and mentally acute.

I agree that 80 should be the cutoff. However, many people in their 70s are quite vigourous and mentally acute.
Unfortunately the Constitution disagrees with you.

You actually posted something true for once.

Oh, certainly! I hate to sound like an ageist, because I hope to be 80+ and entirely competent. And I hope we all get there.

However, Ginsburg does seem to have passed her sell-by date.

Oh my little pudgy porcelain hobbit, you're not the one who should be speaking about truth.

Oh my little pudgy porcelain hobbit, you're not the one who should be speaking about truth.

There you go. You ended your truth streek.

There you go. You ended your truth streek.

Oh? How about gnome?

How is she obviously senile? And there have been justices older than her. Forced retirement at 80? Poor sheriff Joe.

There have certainly been justices even more obviously senile than Ginsburg, and a huge embarrassment to the Court they've been, too. There were some infamous cases in the 19th century. Sheriff Joe is 85 and sure, that's absurd, to be running for election at his age.

Of course she is senile! I don't count the falling asleep, though I suppose it's not a good sign considering it didn't happen to any of the other superannuated justices -- that spouting off she has been doing lately against Trump is VERY unjudicial, and it's new --- she's losing her speech filters. Age.

She hasn't lost any mental capacity, you simply just don't like her.

Of course I don't like her, she's a far leftist. But that's not what we're talking about here. She has plainly started bad senility, she's 84, and she should retire immediately. Same with Clarence Thomas, who hasn't spoken for many years: I doubt he can. These justices with the many clerks, who carry them, write and decide everything for them! It's not right. Clarence Thomas is senile and he is a gross sexual abuser, or was when he was able. I'd like to see him out of the Court, too. Soonest.

Thomas is quite lucid. I've seen him being interviewed.
Yes he is. And so is Ginsberg.

Forum List

Back