Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll

dBlack: It's all a conspiracy to keep the common many in debt so the rich can get more money. Bankers!

I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy. The bank lobby is pretty transparent about what they're after. We just have a lot of stupid voters who only think in terms of "free shit".

Let me get this right. The bad, bad "Bankers" whose product they sell is money, want to give you money so they can make money from you.

That's like saying, the bad, bad grocer whose product is a hamburger, want to give you a hamburger so they can make money from you.

Now it make sense. I just needed to rewrite it a little bit.

Loaning money isn't bad. Government arm-twisting to get people to borrow more than they should is bad.

How is that twisting anybody's arm? When I went to purchase my property, the write-offs were not even a consideration. I wanted to have my own home, and a business on the side. I was willing to borrow the money for those exclusive reasons. Even if there wasn't a mortgage interest write-off, I still would have made the purchase, it's just that the write-offs make it easier to pay back.

It was a loophole. I don’t begrudge people for using the tax code for what it clearly intended but Trump’s tax law was really badly constructed and could be used to lower taxes for people that it didn’t intend. I choose not to exploit loopholes.

Well, as the owner of a business, it's up to you ofcourse. But, I'm just saying, even if you as the IRS they'll tell you, it's up to you to use the tax laws to your benefit.
I see a difference between using tax laws and exploiting them. Exploitation hurts us all.

Well, good for you....I'll try and keep as much of my hard earned money as possible, thanks.

I think it’s pretty dumb that the wealthiest Americans can wind up paying smaller tax rates than average Joes. But then again, the country is run by wealthy Americans so I shouldn’t be surprised that they give themselves loopholes.
Sounds like a good case for a flat tax, no? Everyone pays the same rate, no loopholes, no deductions.

The problem is, government.

Government loves having an insane tax system, because that's how they threaten and extort money from business.

This is exactly why we were never supposed to have an income tax at all, because the founders knew this would happen.

so give me the definition of your corporate welfare. Who gives them the money? which agency?

You do when you believe that they shouldn't be taxed and get to keep all expenditures. You are the problem. I am saying cut their taxes by over 100 % with no expenditures and so many of you people have lost your mind. Try and keep up.

I don't even know what to make of this point. If there is even a point. I can't even translate what you've written to anything that could be understood. Please elaborate. Scratch that - Please clarify.

You do not understand cutting their tax rate by over 100% but eliminating their expenditures?

If you eliminate expenditures and Capital purchases, you are essentially saying that the costs of goods for their product is essentially zero (this includes labor). So the government would be taxing 100% of revenue. Is that what you mean?

Cutting anything by 100% yields zero. So you're saying no tax burden at all?

Nope, the only expenditure the corporations can deduct are wages. They already have a deduction from 21% to 10%. They can pay for upgrading their own systems and equipment to make more profits. Why should you and I?

If the corporation pays 30%, you are not paying anything. If the corporation is paying 2%, you are not paying anything.

Well, as the owner of a business, it's up to you ofcourse. But, I'm just saying, even if you as the IRS they'll tell you, it's up to you to use the tax laws to your benefit.
I see a difference between using tax laws and exploiting them. Exploitation hurts us all.

Well, good for you....I'll try and keep as much of my hard earned money as possible, thanks.

I think it’s pretty dumb that the wealthiest Americans can wind up paying smaller tax rates than average Joes. But then again, the country is run by wealthy Americans so I shouldn’t be surprised that they give themselves loopholes.
Sounds like a good case for a flat tax, no? Everyone pays the same rate, no loopholes, no deductions.

Government loves having an insane tax system, because that's how they threaten and extort money from business.

This is exactly why we were never supposed to have an income tax at all, because the founders knew this would happen.

You have it backwards. Business loves a complex tax system. That’s how they exploit loopholes.

You do when you believe that they shouldn't be taxed and get to keep all expenditures. You are the problem. I am saying cut their taxes by over 100 % with no expenditures and so many of you people have lost your mind. Try and keep up.

I don't even know what to make of this point. If there is even a point. I can't even translate what you've written to anything that could be understood. Please elaborate. Scratch that - Please clarify.

You do not understand cutting their tax rate by over 100% but eliminating their expenditures?

If you eliminate expenditures and Capital purchases, you are essentially saying that the costs of goods for their product is essentially zero (this includes labor). So the government would be taxing 100% of revenue. Is that what you mean?

Nope, the only expenditure the corporations can deduct are wages. They already have a deduction from 21% to 10%. They can pay for upgrading their own systems and equipment to make more profits. Why should you and I?

So they get to buy raw materials and then pay taxes on those raw materials when they sell their final product. Nice. What a great idea!

WE are already paying for their capital expenditures, and taxes too! It's in the price of the product. Step back about 100 feet and think about that one.

So once again you do not believe the corporations should pay any taxes. Oh pretty sure we all got it.

If the corporation pays 30%, you are not paying anything. If the corporation is paying 2%, you are not paying anything.

I am making it so their rate is lower. That has nothing to do with me.

The amount of tax that would be collected from the poor, at let's say 12%, on income, would be COMPLETELY insignificant to the total collected by the government, but VERY significant to the poor. I'm not for taxing the poor's income beyond sales taxes, SSI, and Medicare (which they do pay).

I don't care about the amount of money collected although it would be substantial considering 47% of households pay NO Federal Income Tax.

What it would do is put everyone on an equal plane with regard to keeping spending in check. As it is today, what do that 47 % care about how high someone else's taxes increase so long as they get something else for free?

Last edited:

That was the point I made. It doesn't have anything to do with you, and you won't be harmed either way.

That was the point I made. It doesn't have anything to do with you, and you won't be harmed either way.

So why not lower their taxes by over 100%.

dBlack: It's all a conspiracy to keep the common many in debt so the rich can get more money. Bankers!

I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy. The bank lobby is pretty transparent about what they're after. We just have a lot of stupid voters who only think in terms of "free shit".

Let me get this right. The bad, bad "Bankers" whose product they sell is money, want to give you money so they can make money from you.

That's like saying, the bad, bad grocer whose product is a hamburger, want to give you a hamburger so they can make money from you.

Now it make sense. I just needed to rewrite it a little bit.

Loaning money isn't bad. Government arm-twisting to get people to borrow more than they should is bad.

How is that twisting anybody's arm? When I went to purchase my property, the write-offs were not even a consideration. I wanted to have my own home, and a business on the side. I was willing to borrow the money for those exclusive reasons. Even if there wasn't a mortgage interest write-off, I still would have made the purchase, it's just that the write-offs make it easier to pay back.
AMen

You have it backwards. Business loves a complex tax system. That’s how they exploit loopholes.
are loopholes legal?

Because then corporations would not be paying any tax, that's why.

it's like the poor thinking the rich stole their money. too fking funny.

are loopholes legal?
Technically yes.

Sure they would 10%. How many are paying no taxes under the current tax system.?

are loopholes legal?
Technically yes.
so?

I would rather see a small fee on every stock and real estate transaction

You can be wealthy....but if you try to move your money around, you will pay

are loopholes legal?
Technically yes.
so?

I was about to ask the same thing. Did you have a point?

Sure they would 10%. How many are paying no taxes under the current tax system.?

A 10% tax is not a 100% reduction. A 100% deduction is not paying any tax.

I have no idea how many are not paying any tax.

Forum List

Back