"Make America Great Again" - Why does this bother Liberals?

In 2008, Barack Obama used the slogan "Take Back America" and capped off that statement with, "The Fundamental Transformation of America". This was just political rhetoric in an election. Trump is saying the same thing Obama did yet with different words. What's the big deal?

Perhaps Liberals might be more accepting of Trump's Campaign if he simply said "Reward our Friends and Punish Our Enemies".

They also seem to get a bit pissy when someone says
All lives matter.....

Why would anyone have a problem with that????

Because it's just that, another slogan that is meaningless. Obama had them, Bush had them Bill had them, it's meaningless nonsense.
That is exactly why I can't understand the emotive investment people put in candidates..

It's because people have miserable lives. Or at least they think their lives are miserable. (they don't compare themselves with people in like impoverished countries). They go through the monotony of day to day life, they have problems everywhere. Then when someone comes along and says "I can give you hope of a better life" people jump up and cheer and want it.

Similar to sport. People think if their team wins then they suddenly will have a better life.

It's all ridiculous, and all about people who don't feel they control their own lives.
The key to a happy life is to live modestly and meager....

The key to life is quite complex, but to try and just be happy with what you've got. But there are lots of ways of doing this, and it can depend on the drugs going through your body and knowing how you'll react to things.

I've tried to pinpoint why I do things, and how to avoid things, and then tell others, and find it's never so black and white.
After 45 years of being a wage slave to play beat the "Joneses" I can tell you that money doesn't buy happiness..

Oh, that I know. I don't earn much money, a decent wage, but those around me are obsessed. I like free time to do my things.

How, through tariffs?

No, though applying the Law of Supply and Demand to labor.
Hmm, there is a demand for labor now...jobs go unfilled and help wanted is on job sites and businesses...Yet real wages are the issue versus the inflation rate which the govt. claims we do not have...

RIght now, America employers are stuck on one answer, find cheap labor to cut costs.

REmove that option and wages should rise.
They are also waiting on tax reform and have been for a decade, yet Congress can't seem to get the job done..

How does that relate to what I said?
Because, if you have ever ran a company, taxes are a large percentage of your profit...

That is exactly why I can't understand the emotive investment people put in candidates..

It's because people have miserable lives. Or at least they think their lives are miserable. (they don't compare themselves with people in like impoverished countries). They go through the monotony of day to day life, they have problems everywhere. Then when someone comes along and says "I can give you hope of a better life" people jump up and cheer and want it.

Similar to sport. People think if their team wins then they suddenly will have a better life.

It's all ridiculous, and all about people who don't feel they control their own lives.

The key to life is quite complex, but to try and just be happy with what you've got. But there are lots of ways of doing this, and it can depend on the drugs going through your body and knowing how you'll react to things.

I've tried to pinpoint why I do things, and how to avoid things, and then tell others, and find it's never so black and white.
After 45 years of being a wage slave to play beat the "Joneses" I can tell you that money doesn't buy happiness..

Oh, that I know. I don't earn much money, a decent wage, but those around me are obsessed. I like free time to do my things.
I do to now that I am close to finishing my career in the field I have worked...All those years with my nose to the grindstone allowed me to miss my kids growing and gardening...

Because moral and social support from your peers is almost as much of a need as Food and Shelter.
I did just fine without it..

That is very unlikely.
I had none to fall upon...

I just checked your profile. YOu have 25 thousand plus points.

Seems some people think you are smart and have smart thoughts to contribute to the Public Discourse.
Some can adjust. others sublimate..The secret is not being an asshole to all the posters..

My point was you are getting moral support from a circle of peers NOW.

Hmm, there is a demand for labor now...jobs go unfilled and help wanted is on job sites and businesses...Yet real wages are the issue versus the inflation rate which the govt. claims we do not have...

RIght now, America employers are stuck on one answer, find cheap labor to cut costs.

They are also waiting on tax reform and have been for a decade, yet Congress can't seem to get the job done..

Because, if you have ever ran a company, taxes are a large percentage of your profit...

If the employer in question can walk and chew gum at the same time, they are doomed to be struggling regardless.

My point stands.

Right now American employers are stuck on one answer, find cheap labor to cut costs.

Remove that option and make them have to actually WORK for a living, the morons.

I did just fine without it..

That is very unlikely.

Seems some people think you are smart and have smart thoughts to contribute to the Public Discourse.
Some can adjust. others sublimate..The secret is not being an asshole to all the posters..

I don't have any peers......I have associates, but they are not my peers..I was an independent self employed mason contractor, of which I financed through my own profits..I don't like banks or bankers, nor financial companies..I did my own taxes and paid people in cash.......I went to college six months after dropping out of high school and paid cash through working as a stripper...No financial help was available from my family...I do not attend church and have not for 26 years, nor did I ever like working in the corporate world as I find them most distasteful and oppressive..

I do to now that I am close to finishing my career in the field I have worked...All those years with my nose to the grindstone allowed me to miss my kids growing and gardening...

Sorry to hear that. I traveled, didn't know what to do in life, went to university a few times, tried a few things, then went back to what I had done originally and decided that after being trained I like what I do, and if I can find a good company to work for, it's a great job, even if the money's not amazing, I can live. When I travel, I do it cheaply, I eat cheaply, I'm very good at it now.

Huh? Wealth confiscation is profit?

That is very unlikely.

I don't have any peers......I have associates, but they are not my peers..I was an independent self employed mason contractor, of which I financed through my own profits..I don't like banks or bankers, nor financial companies..I did my own taxes and paid people in cash.......I went to college six months after dropping out of high school and paid cash through working as a stripper...No financial help was available from my family...I do not attend church and have not for 26 years, nor did I ever like working in the corporate world as I find them most distasteful and oppressive..

The self image of being an "island" is a common defense mechanism among people who are lonely and/or have a period of struggle without much support in their lives.

I went though a similar phase when I was younger.

Trump has now been tossing around increasing the min wage a little. If we get rid of illegals thats fine. But we will then expect businesses to pay american workers alot more than illegals to do the same job. Will that happen? Dont expect our citizens to do cheap labor. Thats wrong.

The self image of being an "island" is a common defense mechanism among people who are lonely and/or have a period of struggle without much support in their lives.

Like this site USMB....I find many people to be offensive, egotistical and not worth my time and effort...I learned that at an early age and was a loner because not of myself, but because of other peoples actions....I am still the same way at 55.I live on 43 acres(paid in cash) with only my youngest son(he is 14) out in the country with 10 dogs..See dogs have the inane ability to love unconditionally...are not offensive and take leadership well..

Trump has now been tossing around increasing the min wage a little. If we get rid of illegals thats fine. But we will then expect businesses to pay american workers alot more than illegals to do the same job. Will that happen? Dont expect our citizens to do cheap labor. Thats wrong.
Any job is a good job...and is worthy of your best effort....The problem is that most white folks for the last 40 years feel they are above certain jobs and only want the easy ones....Blacks at the same time disappeared because of welfare, and thus at 21 I was training Mexicans from Chihuahua...That was 1982....Today we see fat, bloated worthless lazy fucks that can't even shop for free food without an electric grocery cart...But don't worry, every super power has gone through the same social ailments..Even the Ancient Romans....

Like this site USMB....I find many people to be offensive, egotistical and not worth my time and effort...I learned that at an early age and was a loner because not of myself, but because of other peoples actions....I am still the same way at 55.I live on 43 acres(paid in cash) with only my youngest son(he is 14) out in the country with 10 dogs..See dogs have the inane ability to love unconditionally...are not offensive and take leadership well..

Pets are nice, so are online friends.

Don't let your old defense mechanisms cheat you of possible improvements in your quality of life.

Hell, there are a lot of pet people out there who I'm sure you would have safe topics of conversation and interaction with.

How long until you start being Grandpa Baby Free Day possibility?

Another defense of Trump based on how much Trump is like Obama.

I thought you people didn't want 4 more years of Obama.

You need to learn the difference between a defense and comparative analysis. This is not a defense of Trump. I am asking if Liberals have issue with Trump's context or just Trump?

I want to hear when America was great, so we can know what Trump's planning on getting us into.

Any job is a good job...and is worthy of your best effort....The problem is that most white folks for the last 40 years feel they are above certain jobs and only want the easy ones..........

Not where I've been. I've seen plenty of whites doing, often LITERALLY SHIT JOBS, often right along side of me.

I've seen some of what you describe, but I think you are confusing cause and effect.

When you import a pool of illegal cheap Third World labor and give them all the low paying jobs, that creats in the kids who grow up in that environment that idea that some jobs are for "mexicans".

America has the strongest economy on earth

Sounds GREAT to me

Record breaking trade deficits and stagnant middle class wages is not my definition of strong.

Then why is Trump giving trillions in tax cuts to the wealthy instead of concentrating the money on the middle class?

It is obvious who he wants to make great

"Concentrating the money on the middle class"?

Because redistribution of wealth is your side's game.

Trump's policies, if enacted, will encourage an increase in wages and jobs for the American Working and Middle Class(s).

DO you have anything to say about this:

Record breaking trade deficits and stagnant middle class wages is not my definition of strong.
Can't have it both ways pal

Can't complain about inequities of the middle class and then concentrate trillions in tax cuts to the wealthy

Trickle Down did not make America Great
So what poor person employes you?

Poor people on Medicaid employ thousands in the medical sector. Poor kids in school employ thousands in education.

Another defense of Trump based on how much Trump is like Obama.

I thought you people didn't want 4 more years of Obama.

You need to learn the difference between a defense and comparative analysis. This is not a defense of Trump. I am asking if Liberals have issue with Trump's context or just Trump?

I want to hear when America was great, so we can know what Trump's planning on getting us into.

He has been shouting his issues and polices from the roof tops for months.

If you don't know by know, it is because your mind is willfully and actively closed.

Try goggling Trump issues, and check out his web site.

Or you could just let the lib media keep filling your head with comfortable lies.

Any job is a good job...and is worthy of your best effort....The problem is that most white folks for the last 40 years feel they are above certain jobs and only want the easy ones..........

Not where I've been. I've seen plenty of whites doing, often LITERALLY SHIT JOBS, often right along side of me.

I've seen some of what you describe, but I think you are confusing cause and effect.

When you import a pool of illegal cheap Third World labor and give them all the low paying jobs, that creats in the kids who grow up in that environment that idea that some jobs are for "mexicans".
That is why I stated that most white folks. I grew up around people that were born before the Great Depression..they all worked..Even the housewives...they kept clean houses and had meals ready for when the workers returned..I have had three wives, and they all refused to do their job, so I fired them...

Forum List

Back