Makers VS. Takers War: Are You A Maker Or A Taker?...

Do You Consider Yourself a 'Maker' Or A 'Taker'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, the term "Entitlement" was introduced by Republicans because the term "Welfare" had acquired a stigma.

No one wants to think Granny on social security is on "Welfare". They want to think she is entitled to that money.

Actually, the term "Entitlement" was introduced by Republicans because the term "Welfare" had acquired a stigma.

No one wants to think Granny on social security is on "Welfare". They want to think she is entitled to that money.

Last election it was introduced as lies. People were mad about the Entitlement programs the poor fraud members could take advantage of.

Yet when I asked them if they wanted to help the actual needy, all Republicans said yes.............all Libertarians said no.....

PUBLIC EDUCATION was considered an entitlement program last election. How dare the public be educated.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (CNNMoney)

More military families used food stamps to buy milk, cheese, meat and bread at military grocers last year.
Food stamp redemption at military grocers has been rising steadily since the beginning of the recession in 2008. Nearly $104 million worth of food stamps was redeemed at military commissaries in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30.

"I'm amazed, but there's a very real need," said Thomas Greer, spokesman for Operation Homefront, a nonprofit that helps soldiers on the financial brink nationwide.

Some of the growth in soldiers' redemption of food stamps reflects the weak economic recovery, especially for spouses looking for jobs. In 2012, there was a 30% unemployment rate among spouses off active-duty military who were 18 to 24 years old, according to the Military Officers Association of America, which released the survey last week.

Spouses who have to relocate every few years have a tough time finding work in the private sector.

I'm definitely a "maker." I work my ass off every, single day. I LOVE to work and always have. Because I'm seen as a "doer" I'm given extra responsibility. Sometimes it feels like I'm carrying a load so I will come in on the weekend to catch things up and stay on top of things. I will even work on my own time (sometimes) to keep my overtime to a minimum. It's worth it to me because I don't feel as stressed out during regular business hours.

Wow! You are amazing! Don't hurt your arm.

Too busy working to pat myself on the back. :badgrin:

Have to say, i'm a little skeptical of this Poll result so far. I think some have chose to be less than honest. Surely, there's more than one Obamabot Taker on this Board.

I worked my whole life until I retired. I collect my SS. Therefore I am a TAKER and I am PROUD of it. What a warped thing to think otherwise.

Don't sweat it - OP just messed up a bit .... didn't really think things through. Happens all the time on these boards.

Virtually everyone is part maker and part taker. Op knows that - it was just something he/she thought was a clever idea that backfired.

The battle lines have been drawn. It's an ugly 'Makers VS. Takers' War now. The Takers are getting dangerously close to outnumbering the Makers. So what happens to our Country when or if that occurs? Which side are you on? Are you a Maker, or are you a Taker?
The politics of division!
Why do you hate this great country and try to destroy it from within? Why don't you just leave if you hate it here so much? We don't need people like you anyway! :mad:

I never said i hated it here. Ya gotta stop being so hysterical. And i didn't create the 'politics of division.' It's just a reality. And it's getting worse. The 'Makers VS. Takers' War is on.

Would you care to reference this war in some other area of the media or current events besides your silly post and this board?

YOu know, Sarah Palin doesn't like it when you just "make stuff up". And neither do I.

The politics of division!
Why do you hate this great country and try to destroy it from within? Why don't you just leave if you hate it here so much? We don't need people like you anyway! :mad:

I never said i hated it here. Ya gotta stop being so hysterical. And i didn't create the 'politics of division.' It's just a reality. And it's getting worse. The 'Makers VS. Takers' War is on.

Would you care to reference this war in some other area of the media or current events besides your silly post and this board?

YOu know, Sarah Palin doesn't like it when you just "make stuff up". And neither do I.

Ah come on, you Takers know a War is on. You guys are the ones who started it for God's sake. Class Warfare is what you and your Dear Leader are all about. But who's gonna win this War? I guess we'll see.

The system is so easy to abuse I almost feel stupid not "getting mine"

I hear ya. It's pretty bad. But one day this Nation will have to face reality. You can only take so much. $18 Trillion and rising isn't gonna go away. A day of reckoning is coming. And when that day comes, that's when the SHTF. What will the Takers do when they can't take anymore? To say the least, I suspect they'll react rather badly. I mean when you're used to taking, it becomes all you know. When they're suddenly told there's nothing left to take, i have a feeling they're not gonna take that news too well. It would be wise to be prepared. It's gonna get very ugly.

Last edited:
The system is so easy to abuse I almost feel stupid not "getting mine"

I hear ya. It's pretty bad. But one day this Nation will have to face reality. You can only take so much. $18 Trillion and rising isn't gonna go away. A day of reckoning is coming. And when that day comes, that's when the SHTF. What will the Takers do when they can't take anymore? To say the least, I suspect they'll react rather badly. I mean when you're used to taking, it becomes all you know. When they're suddenly told there's nothing left to take, i have a feeling they're not gonna take that news too well. It would be wise to be prepared. It's gonna get very ugly.

When?

Forum List

Back