Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

Shoot. When they are born, religioners teach them such self hate and self loathing.

Is that where your hate derives? Were you saddled as a child with the corrosive and destructive idea that you were born base and evil and carried original sin?
I was raised in love in a wonderful Catholic family. I've raised my five kids the same way. Thanks for asking.

all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body

Is there any other salvation beyond that?
You said Catholics don't believe other denominations can reach heaven. That's false. Other denominations believe in Jesus: the Methodists, the Baptists, the Presbyters...

I was raised in love in a wonderful Catholic family. I've raised my five kids the same way. Thanks for asking.
That doesn't account for the self-hate that consumes you and the hate you have for those who don't share your religious extremism.

You said Catholics don't believe other denominations can reach heaven. That's false. Other denominations believe in Jesus: the Methodists, the Baptists, the Presbyters...

I didn't say Catholics don't believe other denominations. Are you lying about what I said or are you just stupid? I said like other Christian faiths, they believe salvation comes only from accepting Christ is G-d and the son of G-d, who died on the cross for our sins.

You tried to make it as though that's not true by conflating Catholicism with other forms of Christianity. Now you admit I was right all along.

so you don't believe that outside the Church there is (at least virtually) no salvation?

well, that means that the Church was wrong once... or the Church is wrong now... which is it?
I expect we both believe that no one comes to the Father except through him. I expect we both believe Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One. I expect we both believe that we in the Catholic faith are the Body of Christ.

Whether anyone recognizes Christ's presence or not, he is their way to the Father. We are the Body of Christ and the Body of Christ is the doorway to the Father. We are that doorway whether people recognize it or not, but this doorway on earth has both Christ and the Spirit at work in the spiritual realm. We continue to do the work that Christ assigned us, but never once do we forget where true power resides--in Christ, in God. The Spirit will always be with us in both realms--the physical and the spiritual.

Keep in mind Jesus prayed that those who believed in him would remain one, just as he and the Father are one. We messed that up, big time. I believe Christ is still praying for us, that as the Father plans, we will unite in salvation and redemption. Have faith. We are yet to see the whole picture, but we are a big part of it, so let's do as Jesus commanded and teach the Good News. :)

I didn't say Catholics don't believe other denominations. Are you lying about what I said or are you just stupid? I said like other Christian faiths, they believe salvation comes only from accepting Christ is G-d and the son of G-d, who died on the cross for our sins.

You tried to make it as though that's not true by conflating Catholicism with other forms of Christianity. Now you admit I was right all along.
Let's recap.
That's funny given the majority of faiths on this planet teach only their way will get you to be with G-d in the end.
The RCC doesn't teach that.
Sure it does
Now. You may apologize for the insults.

That doesn't account for the self-hate that consumes you and the hate you have for those who don't share your religious extremism.
What you're saying is completely false. I think it's getting a little personal, so it's time we took a break. Maybe a permanent one.

Last edited:
The OP is expressing his belief that, without the intervention of the god, morals will be foreign to us. He believes that without the god leaning on us, we will be powerless to avoid indulging in immoral thoughts and acts. Of course, the OP is using himself as the standard against which to judge the virtues of the rest of us. He believes that without the god leaning on him, he would be powerless to avoid indulging in immoral thoughts and acts, and that we therefore share in that personal shortcoming or character defect of his.
Interesting you would make this personal. Actually, being happily married for some time, I have no temptation for immoral thoughts and acts. I feel very bad for atheists who don't even bother trying to avoid immorality. They have a long row ahead of them, that they'll never escape without God.

In actuality, most of the irreligious folks in this country have been so steeped in sexual immorality by the leftwing media, they don't know they are committing egregiously immoral acts, and they don't want to stop doing them: sex outside marriage, masturbation, abortion, fornication, homosexual acts. It's been sold to them by the Marxists, and weak people have bought it.

Last edited:
What a silly comment.

So in other words, your refusal to answer shows I was right. You don't know any atheists who follows the teachings laid forth in Galatians.
I think that harming others is wrong. Is that good enough?

I think that harming others is wrong. Is that good enough?
Lots of ways to harm others. All the offenses listed in the Galatians passage. And you don't know any atheist who doesn't violate those on a regular basis or you would have said otherwise. Thus, my point is made.

See, atheists don't see how sexual immorality gravely harms others. They don't take the time to think beyond themselves.

In actuality, most of the irreligious folks in this country have been so steeped in . . .
I don't believe you know most of the nonreligious folks in this country. I think you're just very fond of judging because that's what you think the father-god is fond of. Perhaps you've resigned yourself to siding with such a parent image for the same reason a child will do whatever is necessary to appease an alcoholic parent; you know how belligerent they can be when you don't reflect their values.

Define love.

Lots of ways to harm others. All the offenses listed in the Galatians passage. And you don't know any atheist who doesn't violate those on a regular basis or you would have said otherwise. Thus, my point is made.

See, atheists don't see how sexual immorality gravely harms others. They don't take the time to think beyond themselves.
But I don't engage in sexual immorality . . .

I don't believe you know most of the nonreligious folks in this country. I think you're just very fond of judging because that's what you think the father-god is fond of. Perhaps you've resigned yourself to siding with such a parent image for the same reason a child will do whatever is necessary to appease an alcoholic parent.

Define love.
Sounds like you're one of these people who ain't listenin' to any grown-up. But wise people accept criticism and improve from it.

“If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise. If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding. Fear of the LORD teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor. “ - Proverbs 15: 31-33.

Sounds like you're one of these people who doesn't want to be told he's wrong.
You've reduced the quality of divine love to that of a tyrant. You don't like having your fear-driven appreciation of endless torture for those who displease the tyrant brought out into the light where it looks exactly as I have described.

You've reduced the quality of divine love to that of a tyrant. You don't like having your fear-driven appreciation of endless torture for those who displease the tyrant brought out into the light where it looks exactly as I have described.
No, I'm just warning people who are in grave danger of eternal damnation, not to mention a crappy existence on earth due to their own ill-advised lifestyle choices And it's clear that, like adolescent children, they don't like hearing needed advice. Society is encouraging atheism. Society doesn't have people's best interests at heart.

If someone is backing unknowingly towards the edge of a cliff, is it 'loving' not to warn them?

Let's recap.

Now. You may apologize for the insults.

It's not an insult, it's reality. I'll post this again...

Do you deny that's what Catholicism teaches?

Last edited:
What you're saying is completely false. I think it's getting a little personal, so it's time we took a break. Maybe a permanent one.

You express much hate for certain other groups of people. So no, that is not completely false.

It's not an insult, it's reality. I'll post this again...

Do you deny that's what Catholics teach?
I posted what you originally said. Lie about it again, and you're on perma-iggy. I don't have time for trolls

You express much hate for certain other groups of people. So no, that is not completely false.
Correction sounds like hate to those who sorely need it. Funny how that works. Atheists are going the wrong way. They need to be told.

Forum List

Back