Manafort jury is asking judge what if we can't come to consensus

You are assuming there will be another trial. Big assumption there bucko.

Tick Tock. LMAO

I see - A preemptive pardon? Cool, see how that goes for ya eh? Because then, two things are at play:

1. Crooked Paul gets tried in one or more state courts where Donald's pardon is meaningless
2. Crooked Paul must testify when called ABSENT his 5th amendment privilege

Jesus - You ain't the brightest is ya? :)

AS for the brightest?? It sure ain't you.

Clinton pardoned a worse man than Manafort. I'm sure you remember Mark Rich

Bill Clinton pardon controversy - Wikipedia

Oh and here's a run down of those Obama pardoned. Its a shocker.

List of people pardoned or granted clemency by the President of the United States - Wikipedia

Clinton's pardons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...edia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

Oh and no one knows how this trial will turn out.

Manafort looks like a babe in the woods compared to those being pardoned by Clinton and Obama. LOL

You missed the whole point of the post you're replying to. But I'm not surprised.

That person pointed out to you that if trump pardons him he can and probably will be tried in state courts where trump can't do anything to stop it.

When trump pardons manafort he loses his 5th amendment rights. He has to testify in court when called to do so and must tell the truth or will be prosecuted for perjury.

Keep in mind, if he's pardoned, he can't refuse to testify in any coming trials against anyone in trump world. He can't take the 5th.

So if trump pardons manafort, trump jr will be in a lot more legal trouble now since manafort was at that meeting with the russian government lawyer with trump jr. He will have no choice but to tell any jury the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Pardoning manafort could put trump sr and trump jr along with other trump campaign people in a lot of legal jeopardy simply because manafort no longer can stay quiet.

I'm not an attorney but Jesus, there are some REALLY dumb people around here.
You have it exactly right. Trumptards will all cheer like Howler Monkeys if Don the Con pardons Crooked Paul - but then the proverbial CRAP will hit the fan!
Trump still has a couple of very good attorneys (Rudy not one of them) - They will warn him bigly of the potential consequences.

If trump has a decent lawyer he will be told the consequences of a pardon for manafort.

If that happens there will be no pardon for manafort.

The person who replied to your post really doesn't know much about our justice system and really doesn't have the capacity to discuss it. So she ignored most of your post and replied to the small part she did understand and could comment on. Which is the part that really makes no difference.

I can see why trump said he loved the uneducated people in our nation.

My guess is they are having trouble getting a consensus on multiple counts and are unsure of how to fill out the paper work. It would seem odd if they found him guilty on 17 counts but were hung up on just 1.

First of all, nobody said they've reached a consensus of guilty on 17 charges. They may be standing at guilty on 7, not guilty on 11, unsure on the charge. Second, even though the charges are related, there is no reason why they should assume guilt for a given charge simply because they are convinced of guilt in many of the other charges. Being guilty of 17 does not mean they have a right to refuse to remain diligent on the final charge.

Last edited:
If Trump does not pardon then libs will demand an investigation over why he did not.
They are seeking facts to soothe their bruised feelings but facts don’t meld with feelings so they move to the next feelings based quest for favorable facts and over and over it just doesn’t work out
Really?
Since when in the history of US has a politician ever pardoned his campaign manager?

Some are claiming its one charge....its CNN so take with grain of salt. I think he is found guilty on MOST charges,will be given life since this is a political persecution and then immediately granted a pardon by President Trump just to show these clowns in the Mueller witch hunt who is REALLY in charge in America.
That'd be a great way for Trump to look guilty.
how exactly? no charges were about him.

LMAO! Turn on Fox News....jury sent judge a note asking what happens if they can't reach consensus.....that crumbling you hear is Mueller's witch hunt collapsing.

They asked what if they can’t reach a
Some are claiming its one charge....its CNN so take with grain of salt. I think he is found guilty on MOST charges,will be given life since this is a political persecution and then immediately granted a pardon by President Trump just to show these clowns in the Mueller witch hunt who is REALLY in charge in America.

And if that happens it will change the timing of the investigation. Mueller won’t do anything until after the New Democratic majority in the House is seated.

Then not only does he have the power of his office but the subpoena power of the House also.

It will also cause both Mueller and House Democrats to create as much evidence as possible for the Attorney General of each state where a crime may have been committed to not only prosecute dotard but his kids if they are in any way complicit.

There is no escape for dotard. It’s just a matter of when not if.

LMAO! Turn on Fox News....jury sent judge a note asking what happens if they can't reach consensus.....that crumbling you hear is Mueller's witch hunt collapsing.
You don't think Manafort is guilty? Wow! What a liar and idiot you are.

Wow you got the story only part true. And you twisted it into something it's not. Which is so typical for conservatives.

They're deadlocked one count. The rest they aren't deadlocked.

That doesn't mean that the whole trial is a mistrial.

You're counting chickens before they hatch. Which isn't a very wise thing to do.

Those of us who are mature adults wait for the official result.

You grasp at any flimsy straw. Sad.

Jury in Manafort trial: What if we can't agree on 1 count?

And aren't you assuming that they have the other seventeen judged??

Big mistake my friend.

No cupcake - that is not my assumption. It is however based on the evidence, my suspicion.

Just after 11:00 am, the jury submitted a note to Judge T.S. Ellis asking what happens if they can't reach consensus on one of the 18 counts against Manafort, and what would that mean for the final verdict. Judge Ellis confirmed that it would be a partial verdict, CBS News' Paula Reid reports.

Reid adds that the jury can have a combination of convictions, hung juries and acquittals.

Well it doesn't say that they have the other seventeen already done either. Just that they have one they are having a problem with.

How do you know this one isn't the in the middle of the pack??

I sure don't.
don't you remember, the left know all. even when nothing is in evidence. they just know, they are that way. It cracks me up. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I know RIGHT? Btw - I LOVE Odium's OPs. They nearly ALWAYS jump to the wrong conclusion :D

My opinion is that it won't make much difference in this case, as it could in Manafort's next case. Whereas most charges could stand independently in his present case, more charges in his next case (acting as a foreign agent and money laundering) depend on how well the prosecution can prove Manafort was acting as a foreign agent. The money laundering charges are more dependent on his status as a foreign agent, because if guilty of being a foreign agent, just about anything he did with money could be considered money laundering.

We see all the time that a jury, whether civil or military, brings back a verdict of guilty on some counts and not guilty on others. Think of the verdict in "A Few Good Men."

I suspect there is something else brewing here. It will be interesting to see what it is.

Q. A lie ^^^ by omission, how typical is that of a 21st Century Conservative & Fox News.

A. Very typical, and to be expected. Thus, don't trust and verify:

Paul Manafort jury asks about impact of not reaching verdict on one count - CNNPolitics

Paul Manafort jury asks about impact of not reaching verdict on one count - CNNPolitics

My guess is they are having trouble getting a consensus on multiple counts and are unsure of how to fill out the paper work. It would seem odd if they found him guilty on 17 counts but were hung up on just 1.

No that's what you want.

That's not what's being reported and it's not reality.

What is reality is that they're deadlocked on ONE count. No more.

It's very plain to anyone who can read and understand the English language.

Q. A lie ^^^ by omission, how typical is that of a 21st Century Conservative & Fox News.

A. Very typical, and to be expected. Thus, don't trust and verify:

and you're going to *verify* with CNN.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahathatssomefunnyassshittheremangbwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

For those who don't know the particulars, here's a breakdown of the 18 charges:
  • Four counts of failing to report foreign bank accounts.
  • Five counts of conspiracy to commit bank fraud.
  • Four counts of bank fraud.
  • Five counts of subscribing to a false income tax return.
I list them in this order because this roughly shows the order of strength of the charges, in my unexpert, peanut gallery opinion. Based on the various news reports I've seen and read, it seems to me that charges from the first two groups will be the most likely to yield guilty verdicts. The third and fourth groups seem like there is more subjective interpretation involved.

I got my information from AP.

I stopped watching or paying much of any attention to CNN in 2004.

Try another flimsy straw.

Jury in Manafort trial: What if we can't agree on 1 count?

I list them in this order because this roughly shows the order of strength of the charges, in my unexpert, peanut gallery opinion. Based on the various news reports I've seen and read, it seems to me that charges from the first two groups will be the most likely to yield guilty verdicts. The third and fourth groups seem like there is more subjective interpretation involved.

there’s speculation it involves his wife because her name had to be on at least one of those accounts

So a guy uses questionable tax tactics, like about 100,000 do every year. Trump is supposed to have colluded with Russians but no hay making on that dead end so let’s run a national witch hunt over one guy and his tax issues from over ten years ago. Why is that? Because Mueller and his ilk are so noble?
No, it’s because they can’t pin the Russian stink on Trump so they wish to smear him via an associate and that associates activities BEFORE Trump ever uttered a word about the Presidency . Also keep hearing lib loons dramatically state that they will continue to pursue no matter what facts and conclusions are presented-a prime element of a witch hunt

I know RIGHT? Btw - I LOVE Odium's OPs. They nearly ALWAYS jump to the wrong conclusion :D

My opinion is that it won't make much difference in this case, as it could in Manafort's next case. Whereas most charges could stand independently in his present case, more charges in his next case (acting as a foreign agent and money laundering) depend on how well the prosecution can prove Manafort was acting as a foreign agent. The money laundering charges are more dependent on his status as a foreign agent, because if guilty of being a foreign agent, just about anything he did with money could be considered money laundering.

It won't be hard at all to prove manafort was a foreign agent.

After he was caught he went to the government and finally complied with the law by registering as a foreign agent.

He finally complied with the law in June 2017.

So manafort himself told the government he was a foreign agent but only after he was facing possible criminal charges for the crime of not registering with the government that he was a foreign agent.

Manafort registers as foreign agent

let's take the first - 4 counts of of failing to report foreign bank accounts.

can the jury find him guilty of 2 of those and not 2 others or is this an all or nothing scenario for the 4?

if this is a hung jury, do we just pick this up and do it again later?

Forum List

Back