Manning : ACQUITTED

manning_wikileaks-06aa0.jpg

bradley manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy

and convicted of all other charges.

Hopefully he gets a nice long stretch of time to think about what he did.

Yes, indeed. He was wrong in not calling Putin first and making arrangements to defect.

/

Sad? He violated his oath of enlistment, which means he violated the trust that was given to him by every man & woman in uniform. You don't think he deserves to be punished for that?

His duty to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States, the Supreme Law of the United States, trumps all other oaths.

Umm... No, he swore an oath to be bound by the UCMJ, he doesn't get to make judgement calls about when he thinks it's ok to violate that oath, the military cannot operate that way. He was duty and honor bound to take what he found to his chain command, he chose instead to dishonor himself and every other member of the armed forces because he thought the rules didn't apply to him.

In combat members of the military put their lives in each others hands, they do it because they trust in the honor of their fellow soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen... Bradley Manning demonstrated that he doesn't think that oath and that trust means anything. So this ex-Soldier hopes they nail his balls to the floorboards to demonstrate to every other soldier out there that their oath and their honor does mean something.

He could still get up to 154 years for all the other charges.

It seems that since he did not give the information to any enemy, but to Wikileaks, he was not guilty of passing information to any enemy.

Which pretty much shoots to hell any case the government thought it had against Ed Snowden.

Remember, as far as the fascistic scumbags is concerned the government is never on trial. If I were Snowden , I would remain in Russia.

Well this is certainly a feel-good thread for Manning. He's convicted of only 20 of 21 charges and that's good news? He could face well over 100 years in prison, instead of a life sentence if he would have been convicted for aiding the enemy. Let's celebrate he got off lightly! :confused:
I dunno if this is some kind of victory for Manning or his supporters. I must be missing something. :doubt:

Great news!! Score one for liberty and for those brave enough to show the world how far this government has strayed in to tyranny.

and convicted of all other charges.

Sad but true.
Sad? He violated his oath of enlistment, which means he violated the trust that was given to him by every man & woman in uniform. You don't think he deserves to be punished for that?

I hope he gets twenty years and no more. He deserves to spend a decent amount of time for the crime he committed, but I'm not certain it warrants a life sentence.

I hope he gets twenty years and no more. He deserves to spend a decent amount of time for the crime he committed, but I'm not certain it warrants a life sentence.

I trust the officers of the courts martial will do what is appropriate, unlike Manning, I have no reason to question their honor or integrity.

Well this is certainly a feel-good thread for Manning. He's convicted of only 20 of 21 charges and that's good news? He could face well over 100 years in prison, instead of a life sentence if he would have been convicted for aiding the enemy. Let's celebrate he got off lightly! :confused:
I dunno if this is some kind of victory for Manning or his supporters. I must be missing something. :doubt:

He was actually acquitted of TWO of the charges.

He must be cumming.

:lol:

Fuck him. He is going to rot in prison 'til the day that scumbag dies and then may his bones crumble to dust in there, too.

A joyous day for that little cock bite.

Now he only faces around 150 years.

Maybe he can get it down to 100 years on those charges if he is well behaved for the next ninety years or so?

Fuck him. They should bury his bones UNDER Ft. Leavenworth once he dies of old age.

He is more of a man that you will ever be.

The Patriot has exposed government corruption knowing full well that he was going to pay dearly for his courageous act.

The most courageous act you have ever done is play with your dingle berries.

Shut the fuck up.

Well this should really encourage Snowden to return ... 100 years in prison for espionage.

Meanwhile the Ft Hood mass murderer is still on the taxpayer dole.

Snowden wouldn't end up like Bradley Manning. He would end up like Michael Hastings.

His oath to support and defend the US Constitution takes precedence.

Actually, no it does not. He can do both, but what he cannot do is make policy for this country. That is why we are NOT a military dictatorship but run by a civilian administration.

If he had issue, there were other and better ways to fulfill his oath and not damage the country he swore to protect.

He was wrong, he has been convicted and soon, he will be sentenced.

Just as it should be.

His oath to support and defend the US Constitution takes precedence.

Sorry to rain on your Hero Parade but I'm pretty sure the officers of the Courts Martial are about to demonstrate to you that you have a serious misunderstanding of how the military works and exactly what Manning's oath meant.

I realize it's hard for those that have never been in the military to understand why Manning is no hero and that terms like "honor","duty" and "oaths" all seem like quaint phrases but I assure you they have very specific meanings to those that serve in the military and Manning spit on all of them because he refused to do what he was sworn to do (take the issues he had to his chain of command).

I would have considered Manning to be a whistleblower if the only thing he leaked was the video showing civilians being killed.

However.........................

Releasing all those diplomatic documents? While most of them didn't really do any damage to this country, it did show that he had no self control and went overboard.

Would I consider him guilty of stealing? Yes. He didn't have the authority to remove those documents and turn them over.

Would I consider him guilty of espionage? Espionage generally means that you're getting a specific type of information for a specific country, and are offered payment of some type in exchange for the information you've provided. Google John Walker spy ring sometime. Now THERE was a serious case of espionage. What Manning did was release documents to Wikileaks because he wanted to get the message out, and was probably also interested in embarrassing this country, but he never received any kind of compensation for the things he'd turned over.

Is he guilty of aiding the enemy? No. None of the information that he'd turned over had any tactical value, and there is zero evidence that what he'd released was valuable to the Taliban, nor did Manning ever have any contact with the Taliban.

He only contacted Wikileaks with his information.

Now...................what he did, there are no excuses for. Yes, he should have brought it up the chain of command first, and he violated the trust he was given as a person with a high level clearance.

Me? I'd say throw him in jail for 5-10 years, give him a Dishonorable discharge and let him get on with his life.

Forum List

Back