Marijuana Ruling Could Signal End of Prohibition on Pot

The main problem I see is
* the taxpayers who don't approve of or believe in the unnecessary use of marijuana recreationally
don't want to pay for health problems, irresponsible behavior, risks or causes of accidents from addictions related, etc.
* the taxpayers who WANT the freedom and don't want to pay for wasteful drug wars and excessive law enforcement on nonviolent issues, don't agree to pay for the consequences of it being illegal!

So if there is no way to separate the costs and responsibilities, what do you do?
How can you enforce one way without imposing on the taxpayers who don't want to pay for the consequences of that way?

With religions, you can separate what people practice and pay for.

How do you do that with marijuana use and/or distribution and access which affects the general population?
How can you protect people's rights and interests in NOT paying for things they don't believe in? Either way?

Well Yeah. Just think of all the regulations, fines and taxes they are missing out on.

It's legal to light up in Colorado and Washington, and soon smoking pot could be legalized across the country following a decision Thursday by the federal government.

After Washington state and Colorado passed laws in November 2012 legalizing the consumption and sale of marijuana for adults over 18, lawmakers in both states waited to see whether the federal government would continue to prosecute pot crimes under federal statutes in their states.

Both Colorado and Washington have been working to set up regulatory systems in order to license and tax marijuana growers and retail sellers, but have been wary of whether federal prosecutors would come after them for doing so. They are the first states to legalize pot, and therefore to go through the process of trying to set up a regulatory system.

Consumption and sale of marijuana is still illegal in all other states, though some cities and towns have passed local laws decriminalizing it or making it a low priority for law enforcement officers. There are also movements in many states to legalize pot, including legalization bills introduced in Maine and Rhode Island, discussion of possible bills in states including Massachusetts and Vermont, and talk of ballot initiatives in California and Oregon.

But on Thursday, the Department of Justice announced that it would not prosecute marijuana crimes that were legal under state law, a move that could signal the end of the country's longtime prohibition on pot is nearing. "It certainly appears to be potentially the beginning of the end," said Paul Armantano, deputy director of the pot lobby group NORML.

I don't know about Colorado but a person has to be 21 years or older to buy and consume marijuana legally in Washington state without a prescription.

A person as young as 16 can get a prescription for medical marijuana without their parents signing permission. People under 16 have to have their parents sign for the medical marijuana prescription.

Those without a prescription are allowed up to 1 oz of dry marijuana. Those who have a prescription can have up to 21 oz of dried marijuana. They can grow up to 15 plants too.

Medical marijuana helped extend my dad's life when he was diagnosed with liver cancer. It's also helping to save my life from breast cancer now.

I support legalization of marijuana for all adults in America. I also support adults being able to grow it legally if they want.

In Washington and Colorado it's a case of the people having the right to vote and speak their minds.

The majority of people in both states said they want recreational marijuana legal for adults.

That's called democracy. The majority voted for those laws. That's how most laws are created in America. Whether it's a majority in a congress or the majority vote of the people.

I haven't heard of anyone in either of those states coming forward and saying that legal recreational marijuana has violated their rights or their beliefs or desires on how their tax dollars are spent.

I think it's best to cross that bridge if we ever encounter it.

Many edibles look exactly like legal candy

p132.jpg

They likely taste the same, too. That's what makes it so insidious. At least with alcohol the taste will deter the unsuspecting. Anyone poisons me with pot may suffer death as retribution.

Likely? You don't know for yourself yet you assume something you don't know?

I've been fighting breast cancer for the last 3 years. I've had to have a prescription for medical marijuana. Without it, I would probably be dead by now. I would have wasted away like so many others with breast cancer do and my body wouldn't be able to properly fight the cancer from returning and killing me. Marijuana helps keep food in my stomach. Even with the prescription I've gone from a size 9 when I was diagnosed to a size 1 but need a belt to keep my pants on. I admit I'm in denial about having to go to a size zero. If I didn't have that medical marijuana I wouldn't have been able to keep any food in my body and I would be throwing up most of the day.

I've tried the medibles or edibles as you call them.

No they don't taste like candy. In fact they made me throw up. The taste of the marijuana oil that's in it is very strong. It's bitter and it didn't stay in my stomach long. I tried using medibles for an airplane trip once. It was very embarrassing to throw up on an airplane.

If a child got hold of those medibles they would take one bite and spit it out.

Back in the ought-70's we could get big fat oz bags for $15.

Bring back the 70's! :afro:
That was commercial Mexican, Colombian Gold and Red(the killer stuff) was $40.00 and ounce.
Today's pot that they say is much stronger is a lie..It's no better than the primo in the 1970's..
You do know that Boosh collaborated with Oblama to tank the economy so they could get MJ legalized so they could collect the taxes?:lol:

Well Yeah. Just think of all the regulations, fines and taxes they are missing out on.

It's legal to light up in Colorado and Washington, and soon smoking pot could be legalized across the country following a decision Thursday by the federal government.

After Washington state and Colorado passed laws in November 2012 legalizing the consumption and sale of marijuana for adults over 18, lawmakers in both states waited to see whether the federal government would continue to prosecute pot crimes under federal statutes in their states.

Both Colorado and Washington have been working to set up regulatory systems in order to license and tax marijuana growers and retail sellers, but have been wary of whether federal prosecutors would come after them for doing so. They are the first states to legalize pot, and therefore to go through the process of trying to set up a regulatory system.

Consumption and sale of marijuana is still illegal in all other states, though some cities and towns have passed local laws decriminalizing it or making it a low priority for law enforcement officers. There are also movements in many states to legalize pot, including legalization bills introduced in Maine and Rhode Island, discussion of possible bills in states including Massachusetts and Vermont, and talk of ballot initiatives in California and Oregon.

But on Thursday, the Department of Justice announced that it would not prosecute marijuana crimes that were legal under state law, a move that could signal the end of the country's longtime prohibition on pot is nearing. "It certainly appears to be potentially the beginning of the end," said Paul Armantano, deputy director of the pot lobby group NORML.

I don't know about Colorado but a person has to be 21 years or older to buy and consume marijuana legally in Washington state without a prescription.

A person as young as 16 can get a prescription for medical marijuana without their parents signing permission. People under 16 have to have their parents sign for the medical marijuana prescription.

Those without a prescription are allowed up to 1 oz of dry marijuana. Those who have a prescription can have up to 21 oz of dried marijuana. They can grow up to 15 plants too.

Medical marijuana helped extend my dad's life when he was diagnosed with liver cancer. It's also helping to save my life from breast cancer now.

I support legalization of marijuana for all adults in America. I also support adults being able to grow it legally if they want.

No it didn't and no it doesn't . It merely makes the pain more bearable. Marijuana does NOT cure cancer.

No it didn't and no it doesn't . It merely makes the pain more bearable. Marijuana does NOT cure cancer.

Yeah it's not a miracle drug...........

p132.jpg

They likely taste the same, too. That's what makes it so insidious. At least with alcohol the taste will deter the unsuspecting. Anyone poisons me with pot may suffer death as retribution.

WTF?

Roshawn is an embarrassing moron. In case you didn't know :thup:

Just like there are classes of drugs there is classes of morons....Why would anyone be violent for token on a number?

p132.jpg

WTF?

Plenty of those to go around, People in another thread saying its okay to shoot a person who is on your porch annoying you.

Damn......

p132.jpg

WTF?

Just like there are classes of drugs there is classes of morons....Why would anyone be violent for token on a number?

Man I don't even know what you're talking about. I just had some of that stuff you said was no stronger in the 70's like maybe 4 minutes ago. I beg to differ :badgrin:

p132.jpg

WTF?

Man I don't even know what you're talking about. I just had some of that stuff you said was no stronger in the 70's like maybe 4 minutes ago. I beg to differ :badgrin:

Tease. I am having to go without to pass a drug test at the VA....son of a bitch!

p132.jpg

WTF?

Tease. I am having to go without to pass a drug test at the VA....son of a bitch!

Fuck the man bro!!!

p132.jpg

WTF?

Fuck the man bro!!!

Yeah, that's me, minus the chin whiskers...
I've smoked some shit twice in my life that made my head spin so bad I thought I
was going to puke(1980's) and another time I could not drive because I couldn't focus.(2000)

Smoking pot around me in any public environment or on my private property will result in physical harm. Self defense from ignorance.

I somehow doubt an oversensitive pansy like you is beating anybody. Call the cops, and hope the sight of somebody smoking weed doesn't destroy your delicate sensibilities before they arrive. :lol:

Forum List

Back