Marijuana Ruling Could Signal End of Prohibition on Pot

21.5 Million In Marijuana Taxes Just Went Up In Smoke - Forbes
Just found this article, pointing out the snag in reporting taxes on marijuana sales that are legal by state laws,
but still considered illegal federally. So how can businesses report income tax if that forces them to self-incriminate?
In your given, the business is,breaking federal law.
It has no issue with federal law if it doesn't sell an illegal product.
Noting in this has any hope of overturning the relevant federal law.

I guess I'd always assumed that if they legalized marijuana they'd sin tax it just like alcohol and tobacco. Not that the money collected on that goes to what it's supposed to go to, but it generally appeases the ones that hate those things enough to stop complaining.

I do know that marijuana was legal in AK here until like 89, (maybe it was 90, was whenever the Feds forced us to make it illegal,) We didn't have any taxes or much regulation on it at all, there were just a few regulations about what age one could have it, how much, and stuff like it couldn't be on school grounds, etc.

Is there any evidence out there that it'd just be made legal and not be taxed?

Yes.

People with a prescription don't pay the taxes.

No medical prescriptions in Washington state are taxed.

If you don't have the prescription you go to the state stores and pay the tax.

If you put THC into a cockroach, it would entice children too. Hiding behind our children when legislating a natural plant is thinking with our hearts, not our brains.

I support legalization of Marijuana in it's natural form. I find the creation of candy from it to be distasteful at the least. If you want to smoke pot, smoke a joint.

I'm not against making liquid extracts that can be used in e-cigs. Marijuana plant matter has tar too, and like tobacco, I'd like to get my fix as cleanly as possible, with as little second-hand risks as possible, which for the environmentally-concerned, is also greener in that it reduces waste matter.

I'm not opposed to edibles either, which are far "healthier" than smoking anything. Likewise with any adult product, its up to the parents to be responsible enough to keep such things away from their kids, and especially important for businesses to abide by the law by not selling the products to minors. The key here is responsibility without infringing on people's rights.

With the way the 14th Amendment is upheld in case law studies regarding most civil rights issues, and with the Executive Branch's decision to not enforce Federal Statutes on States that choose to create a public industry of marijuana, the entire Federal Statute is already null and void, its just that some people don't realize it yet.

As a side bonus, I own 13 acres of highly fertile farmland that are just itching to have the herds and flocks sold off, tilled up, and sowed with a brand new industry that Missouri will inevitably have. This venture capitalist is ready to help make the economy grow dollar bills on trees for me!

:dance:

Come to Washington state. You can do that now here.

There was a little known part of the Agriculture/Farm bill that was passed that included allowing certain states to grow hemp and marijuana. Washington is one of those states.

You can come here and grow to your heart's content.

If you put THC into a cockroach, it would entice children too. Hiding behind our children when legislating a natural plant is thinking with our hearts, not our brains.

I support legalization of Marijuana in it's natural form. I find the creation of candy from it to be distasteful at the least. If you want to smoke pot, smoke a joint.

I'm not against making liquid extracts that can be used in e-cigs. Marijuana plant matter has tar too, and like tobacco, I'd like to get my fix as cleanly as possible, with as little second-hand risks as possible, which for the environmentally-concerned, is also greener in that it reduces waste matter.

I'm not opposed to edibles either, which are far "healthier" than smoking anything. Likewise with any adult product, its up to the parents to be responsible enough to keep such things away from their kids, and especially important for businesses to abide by the law by not selling the products to minors. The key here is responsibility without infringing on people's rights.

With the way the 14th Amendment is upheld in case law studies regarding most civil rights issues, and with the Executive Branch's decision to not enforce Federal Statutes on States that choose to create a public industry of marijuana, the entire Federal Statute is already null and void, its just that some people don't realize it yet.

As a side bonus, I own 13 acres of highly fertile farmland that are just itching to have the herds and flocks sold off, tilled up, and sowed with a brand new industry that Missouri will inevitably have. This venture capitalist is ready to help make the economy grow dollar bills on trees for me!

There was a little known part of the Agriculture/Farm bill that was passed that included allowing certain states to grow hemp and marijuana. Washington is one of those states.

I have no intention on leaving my home in Missouri. I've busted my ass and even gotten my ass kicked making this property a reality. I have every intention on dying old here in the humble existence I've managed to carve out for my family (but not too old lol).

Here's a direct comparison,anyone remember candy cigarettes?

I remember L&M actually making the candy cigarettes, and labeling them "for future smokers."

L&M never made candy cigarettes.. They were approached by candy makers who LICENSED their trademarks.. So when SnoopDog has his trademarks on candy cannabis --- will you be outraged?

No I wouldn't. But then I wasn't outraged with candy cigarettes. I used to buy them in the 60s when I was kid.

In fact I worked with Snoop Dog once. In 2009. He had his pot plants with him. He also had several very LARGE security men standing around it. LOL. He put those plants right on the stage with him as he did his set. I took photos of those plants but I've never published them. Just the photos of the musicians on stage were published.

I don't care if Snoop Dog makes marijuana products. More power to him.

By the way, he's a very nice man and has a great sense of humor. He and his manager went out of their way for me to be able to do that job for them.

Last edited:

I have no intention on leaving my home in Missouri. I've busted my ass and even gotten my ass kicked making this property a reality. I have every intention on dying old here in the humble existence I've managed to carve out for my family (but not too old lol).

I understand that. I feel the same about my home here.

Yes.

People with a prescription don't pay the taxes.

No medical prescriptions in Washington state are taxed.

If you don't have the prescription you go to the state stores and pay the tax.

I'd assume there'd be taxes somewhere on the prescription model as well - wasn't there something in ACA?

Still, I was actually thinking more about the recreational users who'd likely be the majority over the medical users - though I would assume if someone could get their health insurance to cover the cost of it they would... Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if the whole 'medical marijuana' thing would end up going away so insurance didn't have to pay for it heh

Martha Montemayor of Healthy Choices Unlimited has guidelines so you don’t “overdowd” on your first time back.

Normally this dosing information is for the medical marijuana patients at Healthy Choices Unlimited, but the “Go slow and low” philosophy for THC ingestion can safely guide recreational users through a reintroduction to marijuana.

1. Montemayor does not recommend dabs or other concentrates for anyone new to cannabis.
2. recommendations are for cannabis with 5-25 percent total active THC. Recreational strains have been lab tested, so the THC potency should be available information in licensed marijuana centers.
3. For people who weigh 150 pounds or less, your first dose can be 2.5 mg to 5 mg total active THC. If smoking or vaping, take one puff.
4. For people who weigh between 150 and 200 pounds, the initial dose can be 5 mg to 10 mg total active THC. If using an inhaled medicine, take two puffs.
5. For individuals weighing more than 200 pounds, the initial dose can be 10 mg to 15 mg. For smoking or vaping, keep the dose at two puffs. Montemayor suggests that before consuming more, wait 15 minutes if you are smoking or vaping.
6. If you are using drops, patches, gels, suckers, or other skin or mouth absorption products, wait 15 to 30 minutes before ingesting another measured dose.
7. If you are using edibles or capsules or anything digested, wait 60 to 90 minutes.

I'd assume there'd be taxes somewhere on the prescription model as well - wasn't there something in ACA?

Still, I was actually thinking more about the recreational users who'd likely be the majority over the medical users - though I would assume if someone could get their health insurance to cover the cost of it they would... Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if the whole 'medical marijuana' thing would end up going away so insurance didn't have to pay for it heh[/QUOTE]

Insurance doesn't pay one penny of it. From the doctor appointment to get the prescription to the actual buying of the medicine. It's all a cash business since it's still illegal at the federal level and banks won't take plastic or checks from the dispensaries that sell it.

I've had my prescription since 2009. I've never paid any taxes and my insurance doesn't pay one penny of any of it.

There are no taxes incorporated in the prescription marijuana. There are usual state B&O taxes, property taxes on the building etc that the business owner pays but none in the sale of the medicine. In fact, the price for the medicine came down once the state controlled shops opened this past July. Not by much. I paid $140 for half an oz before July. Now that same half oz is $120.

There isn't anything in the ACA that allows insurance to cover it nor imposes a tax on it.

Will Obamacare Cover Medical Marijuana Purchases? | Cannabis Now Magazine

Still, I was actually thinking more about the recreational users who'd likely be the majority over the medical users - though I would assume if someone could get their health insurance to cover the cost of it they would... Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if the whole 'medical marijuana' thing would end up going away so insurance didn't have to pay for it heh

Insurance doesn't pay one penny of it. From the doctor appointment to get the prescription to the actual buying of the medicine. It's all a cash business since it's still illegal at the federal level and banks won't take plastic or checks from the dispensaries that sell it.

I've had my prescription since 2009. I've never paid any taxes and my insurance doesn't pay one penny of any of it.

There are no taxes incorporated in the prescription marijuana. There are usual state B&O taxes, property taxes on the building etc that the business owner pays but none in the sale of the medicine. In fact, the price for the medicine came down once the state controlled shops opened this past July. Not by much. I paid $140 for half an oz before July. Now that same half oz is $120.

There isn't anything in the ACA that allows insurance to cover it nor imposes a tax on it.

Will Obamacare Cover Medical Marijuana Purchases? | Cannabis Now Magazine

Alright so there's not a tax on the actual sale for the med side. I had thought I'd read something about pharmaceutical companies, medical manufacturers, etc., getting taxed in ACA, but perhaps that doesn't apply to hemp stuff.

I can see the insurance not paying for it, especially with the whole war on drugs thing portraying it as medically expensive in the long run.

Martha Montemayor of Healthy Choices Unlimited has guidelines so you don’t “overdowd” on your first time back.

Normally this dosing information is for the medical marijuana patients at Healthy Choices Unlimited, but the “Go slow and low” philosophy for THC ingestion can safely guide recreational users through a reintroduction to marijuana.

1. Montemayor does not recommend dabs or other concentrates for anyone new to cannabis.
2. recommendations are for cannabis with 5-25 percent total active THC. Recreational strains have been lab tested, so the THC potency should be available information in licensed marijuana centers.
3. For people who weigh 150 pounds or less, your first dose can be 2.5 mg to 5 mg total active THC. If smoking or vaping, take one puff.
4. For people who weigh between 150 and 200 pounds, the initial dose can be 5 mg to 10 mg total active THC. If using an inhaled medicine, take two puffs.
5. For individuals weighing more than 200 pounds, the initial dose can be 10 mg to 15 mg. For smoking or vaping, keep the dose at two puffs. Montemayor suggests that before consuming more, wait 15 minutes if you are smoking or vaping.
6. If you are using drops, patches, gels, suckers, or other skin or mouth absorption products, wait 15 to 30 minutes before ingesting another measured dose.
7. If you are using edibles or capsules or anything digested, wait 60 to 90 minutes.

Sounds like you worked the Haight-Ashbury clinic or were a "trip advisor" in a former life.. :lmao:

That's the cool part about having your own personal property protected by the Constitution, huh?

My personal property is protected by my guns and my willingness to use them, not a piece of paper. If I need that paper to protect it then I don't deserve to have it.

question. is this stuff being sold in stores now, or do you have to go to specialty shops? This is a real concern. I agree with Jillian and Samson that parents have to keep up with their own kids, but if it looks just like candy in the packaging, i don't want it readily accessible for my kids to touch in the store either.

Specialty Stores. No one under 21 is allowed in. Normally ID is checked at door and before payment.

That's good. Another thing that bothers me is people eating or whatever this shit before or while driving.

That's the cool part about having your own personal property protected by the Constitution, huh?

My personal property is protected by my guns and my willingness to use them, not a piece of paper. If I need that paper to protect it then I don't deserve to have it.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone claiming the piece of paper is going to physically protect you.

Sure. You fucking stoners have been babbling about taxing pot for years. It's not our salvation and the proceeds minimal. When the commercial price goes up, the poor will stop smoking it because they cannot afford it. They will turn to an alternative drug or sniff glue. You people worship dope.

A ballot initiative won't happen in california any time soon. There weren't enough signatures to qualify.
doesnt need one.....it more or less is legal here and laws on amounts under an Oz have been pretty dam lax for quite some time.....as long as you dont flaunt it most Cops can care less.....

I'm sorry. Are USMB nutters united against marihuana use?

I'm rarely surprised by the shit some of you whack jobs say....but claiming they you would beat or kill someone for smoking a joint is pretty fucking crazy.
have you seen Katz's stories in other pot threads?.....hilarious.....

Forum List

Back