Zone1 Mary Is The Mother Of Jesus Christ, She Isn't Actually Jesus Christ

It doesn't mean that it makes sense though. If I told you that a cat was riding down my street on a bicycle yesterday, that's written in perfectly good English, but it still doesn't make any sense because cats don't do that.

No she wasn't. She consented to her pregnancy.

I never said that Jesus wasn't God, I said that God the spirit doesn't have a mother (or father) because He has always existed and nobody created Him.

Well you can't blame me if that's what they've been telling me.

Interesting, but I still think that we're only supposed to pray to God alone though.
Yeah sure she did.

No power disparity there at all.

Omnipotent immortal bad tempered god says let me impregnate you or else.

Interesting, but I still think that we're only supposed to pray to God alone though.
Some do not believe they should ask anyone to pray for them. Some believe everyone can pray just for him or herself. Catholics, on the other hand, remember Jesus saying that when two or more are gathered in his name, it is a good thing, and he answers their prayers. Ask or don't ask others to pray for you or with you...but let's not tell those who do--or those who don't--they are doing it wrong. God hears all prayers.

"They"? Who are all these "they"?

Other Catholics that I've seen on here before.

Some do not believe they should ask anyone to pray for them. Some believe everyone can pray just for him or herself. Catholics, on the other hand, remember Jesus saying that when two or more are gathered in his name, it is a good thing, and he answers their prayers. Ask or don't ask others to pray for you or with you...but let's not tell those who do--or those who don't--they are doing it wrong. God hears all prayers.

Praying to somebody and praying for somebody are two entirely different things though.

DukeU

Is this what you think answers the question what did Jesus mean when he told Mary his time has not come yet in response to her casual remark that the host has run out of wine?

But Jesus had to remind her that He was about His Heavenly Father's business, Who alone would dictate the hour that all things were to be accomplished.

When His hour finally would arrive, the heart of His mother would indeed be pierced with a sword as prophesied by the aged Simeon, but in the meantime, Jesus would do only those things that he heard from His Heavenly Father.

Source: What Does John 2:4 Mean?

Mary wasn't asking Jesus to die on the cross. She wasn't even asking him to do anything. She merely made a passing remark about something she observed.

And saying Jesus would do only those things that he heard from His Heavenly Father doesn't make sense because he actually did do something about Mary's casual remark, he turned water into fine wine without even being asked to do it. He did it for his mother.

So what was Jesus saying when he said "My hour has not come." He wasn't talking about his death. He was talking about his ministry. This was the first miracle he performed and he admittedly did it before he intended to start performing miracles. And he did this at the mere mention by his mother about an observation she made about the host running out of wine. So if you want to keep using his mother to beat your dead horse, do so at your own peril.

How is refusing to worship her disrespecting her?
Does the Bible say that Mary is full of Grace, and the Lord is with her?

Does the Bible say that she is blessed among all women? And that the fruit of her womb is blessed also?

Does the Bible tell us that she had her son's ear, and he performed His first known Miracle at her request....water in to wine...?

Read Luke 1, the full chapter for context and setting

But here is the part my first questions pertain to....Specifically the part where Mary visits Elizabeth.

The Birth of Jesus Foretold​

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Mary Visits Elizabeth

39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

Mary’s Song​

46 And Mary said:

“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52 He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
54 He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
55 to Abraham and his descendants forever,
just as he promised our ancestors.”
56 Mary stayed with Elizabeth for about three months and then returned home.

Catholics are not saying she is God, they simply seem to be doing what the Bible says people would be doing, saying she is blessed among women, she is special (blessed) by God and then respected and revered for that, by all of them...for all generations will call her blessed. Catholics are just giving her, her due....it seems?

Last edited:
It doesn't mean that it makes sense though. If I told you that a cat was riding down my street on a bicycle yesterday, that's written in perfectly good English, but it still doesn't make any sense because cats don't do that.
I can understand what you mean by a cat riding a bicycle. I don't understand what you don't understand about what I wrote. Keep in mind that you don't have to believe it. I'm not a Christian, so I don't believe it either.

Let me try to break it down. Are you familiar with the idea of asking for someone to pray for you or someone else?

Ok, so in simple words what did Jesus mean when he said "My hour has not yet come" in the context of this passage about the host running out of wine?

He meant it was not yet time for him to reveal himself.

but at the start of His God-appointed ministry to a lost and dying world, Jesus had to make it plain to all people that His divine mission was not to be influenced by the whims or the demands of fallen man, including His own dear mother who was equally in need of His redemptive blood as you and me.

Source: What Does John 2:4 Mean?

So what was Jesus saying when he said "My hour has not come." He wasn't talking about his death. He was talking about his ministry. This was the first miracle he performed and he admittedly did it before he intended to start performing miracles. And he did this at the mere mention by his mother about an observation she made about the host running out of wine. So if you want to keep using his mother to beat your dead horse, do so at your own peril.

Beat my dead horse?

LOL

Where does this come from?

Since you know, you tell me then.

What did Jesus mean?

I even refuse to call her the mother of God. Jesus is God in human form, but in the spiritual form God has no mother so that just sounds weird. Anyways, I've been getting lectured today because even though I respect Mary, I don't worship her and I just really don't get it either.

Mary didn't heal the sick or raise the dead, Jesus did. She also didn't die for our sins on the cross because she was a sinner. A repented sinner, but a sinner nonetheless so she couldn't die in our place, she doesn't have the power to forgive sins, and she isn't God. Jesus is the Savior not Mary.

surada and misery will try and tell you that it was Mary that was conceived of a Virgin, not Jesus.

Mary didn't heal the sick or raise the dead, Jesus did. She also didn't die for our sins on the cross because she was a sinner. A repented sinner, but a sinner nonetheless so she couldn't die in our place, she doesn't have the power to forgive sins, and she isn't God. Jesus is the Savior not Mary.

what sins so claimed were made by mary ...

the heavenly events of the 1st century were a repudiation of judaism their false commandments is the reason mary and joseph were chosen by the heavens for their natural purity for each other setting the stage for jesus who too was not bound by the false judain commandments that would eventually cost him his life.

So for a thing to be true, ANYTHING you must first believe it?

I didn't say that. They asked me if I could wrap my mind around it and believe it and I said no. I only believe that can be done with God and that He's the only one who knows for sure what you're thinking at all times. I don't think that humans can do that with one another.

Praying to somebody and praying for somebody are two entirely different things though.
By your definition, asking is the same as praying--i.e., asking someone for something is the same as praying to them--by your own definition. Or, is that only when Catholics ask someone to pray for/with them?
Yes, but it's a lot different than actually praying to somebody.
Mary has asked us to pray the rosary. According to your definition this is Mary praying to us. She is either praying to us or is asking us to join her in prayer asking God to forgive us our sins and lead us to heaven. We are asking her to pray for us--and she asked us to pray with her--all of us together praying to God for His forgiveness and to guide all to Himself.

Whose great idea was it to turn the beauty of God's people praying together into something sordid and ugly? Whose great idea was it to claim all praying to God together is a form of idolatry?

Let no one shame him/herself by spitting on the prayerful family of God lest they join the one who is against both God and His family--and is ever at work trying to tear them asunder.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back