Mass graves of Palestinians discovered

Well, you should thank G-d that you were never a war refugee, almost dying from the cold in Siberia, returning to a Poland beset by pogroms, being denied visas to America, and finally getting to the only Jewish country in the world. Jews need at least one country in the world where they can go to freely, which also happens to be their ancestral homeland. Like Netanyahu said, "Israel was not created because of the Holocaust, but there would have been no Holocaust if Israel had been around at that time." Besides being very cold, you also aren't very smart for your own cause. If your aim is ending the occupation on the West Bank, dredging up what happened in Israel proper in 1950, only clouds the issue.

no more so than the moonies or mormons.

try to imagine the UN declaring the state of utah a nation and the chinese began supplying them with sophisticated weaponry. same deal. utah is their ancestral homeland now, isn't it?

there is no ancestral homelands. you left 2000 years ago. and some 3000 or 4000 years before that, you left what is now the iraq/iran region. it sounds like you are advocating that any group of people, based upon their religion, can pick an arbitrary point in time where they once lived and expel the current residents and set up a homeland. is that what you believe?

the seeds roman catholic church began with jesus of nazerth and his followers. israel is my ancestral homeland.

netanyahu is full of shite. why don't you tell me the jews of europe would have moved to israel. why aren't they doing so know, what with all the alleged "anti-semitism" being reported everywhere. there were a lot of other people killed by hitler during the holocaust and no matter what you think, that word is not the exclusive of jews.

why should the palestinian people be made to pay the price for what the russians aand germans did.

If there is no ancestral homelands than the whole Palestinian/Israeli issue is moot right?

pretty much, at least in regard to the ancestral homeland issue. there is the issue of indigenous peoples and displaced peoples.

no one really seems to want to answer the questions i posed. so you think people have a right to go back to the land thay once inhabited at some arbitrary time, displace the indigenous people now living there, and establish a state based upon their religion.

again...the mormons.

try to imagine the UN declaring the state of utah a nation and the chinese began supplying them with sophisticated weaponry. same deal. utah is their ancestral homeland now, isn't it?

there is no ancestral homelands. you left 2000 years ago. and some 3000 or 4000 years before that, you left what is now the iraq/iran region. it sounds like you are advocating that any group of people, based upon their religion, can pick an arbitrary point in time where they once lived and expel the current residents and set up a homeland. is that what you believe?

the seeds roman catholic church began with jesus of nazerth and his followers. israel is my ancestral homeland.

netanyahu is full of shite. why don't you tell me the jews of europe would have moved to israel. why aren't they doing so know, what with all the alleged "anti-semitism" being reported everywhere. there were a lot of other people killed by hitler during the holocaust and no matter what you think, that word is not the exclusive of jews.

why should the palestinian people be made to pay the price for what the russians aand germans did.

If there is no ancestral homelands than the whole Palestinian/Israeli issue is moot right?

pretty much, at least in regard to the ancestral homeland issue. there is the issue of indigenous peoples and displaced peoples.

no one really seems to want to answer the questions i posed. so you think people have a right to go back to the land thay once inhabited at some arbitrary time, displace the indigenous people now living there, and establish a state based upon their religion.

again...the mormons.

The Mormons are originally Europeans squatting on Indian land technically, they've only been in Utah for a few hundred years.

Well, you should thank G-d that you were never a war refugee, almost dying from the cold in Siberia, returning to a Poland beset by pogroms, being denied visas to America, and finally getting to the only Jewish country in the world. Jews need at least one country in the world where they can go to freely, which also happens to be their ancestral homeland. Like Netanyahu said, "Israel was not created because of the Holocaust, but there would have been no Holocaust if Israel had been around at that time." Besides being very cold, you also aren't very smart for your own cause. If your aim is ending the occupation on the West Bank, dredging up what happened in Israel proper in 1950, only clouds the issue.

I can't comment on ant-Semitism in Europe right now, because the only European country I've ever been to is Amsterdam (in Holland), where ppl were lining up to see the Anne Frank Museum. I do know that my mom said that Poland was rife with anti-Semitism after the War, perhaps because the Poles blamed the Jews for what happened to them. My mom said she remembers that the Poles set their synagogue on fire. Her family applied for visas to America, but they couldn't get them. They really had no choice but to go to Israel. My dad later brought my mom here.

i am glad your parents escaped the russian pogroms and am sad they suffered discrimination in europe. i think the plight of refugees needs to be re-evaluated and must be dealt with more effectively.

however, the wrongs done to one person or people should not be rectified by doing wrong to another person or people. nall that does is compund the problem.

the truth be told, the creation of israel may be one of the worst things done to jewish people.

again...the mormons.

The Mormons are originally Europeans squatting on Indian land technically, they've only been in Utah for a few hundred years.

well, there are treaty considerations of course, and some wrongs cannot be undone, but israel can and should. w there is no longer an indian war.

i support AIM in their calls to readjust some of these treaties in their favour.

1948 was not 400 years ago when the european colonisation began.

so, you are an advocate of people arbitrary picking a point in time, declaring it an ancestral land, and awatding them rights based upon that claim.

technically also, the native peoples of america did not have the same concept of land ownership that europeans did.

]"they (jews) are not and were not legal refugees "

So it was 'legal' to strip entire communities of their citizenship and property and possessions and kick them out of the lands where they'd lived for millennia just because of *religion*, seal?

Because that is what you just said - that the ethnic cleansing by the AL nations was OK, but doing it to the Pals (by Israel - which I dispute occurred to the extent you've asserted) was 'a crime'?[/B]
The Jewish communities in AL nations were not *doing* nor even *saying* anything to those governments about attacking Israel - they were no different than they had been for centuries.

And for Tinny: Of course the Palestinians were not responsible for the ethnic cleansing by other AL nations (which also engaged in same against Pals!). Nor is there any thought by me of 'punishing' the Pals by 'denying' their 'right to return'. I truly believe there are many who would never be willing to be a part of a State of any size shape or form which included Israelis.

Since it isn't practical to simply return the lands and property and possessions the AL nations stole from their Jewish citizenry without creating a whole new group of 'refugees' - the only practical way to repair that crime against humanity is for the governments to offer monetary compensation. Now I haven't spoken to every one of those 950,000 and descendants, but the ones I have contact with have indicted they would accept a 'group' settlement to be given to the Israeli government (or parceled out to individual governments as something like 10% did not wind up in Israel).

The Israelis are going to have to compensate the Palestinians who were made refugees, too. I figure it could all be done rather like settling up a restaurant check for a large party: everyone pay what they owe and call it done.

I suppose it could be handled rather like any 'class action' settlement: vote to be included (and your comp goes to the treasury), or vote to be excluded and get your own lawyer for a settlement (file your individual claim).

And then everyone - as communities and individuals! - could be free to get on with their own lives and States and pursue their own dreams.

There is no reason to allow ANY nation to get away with not paying the refugees - ANY of them.

The main reason I suggested a 'group' settlement for the Pals, is that they will need a bankroll to set up their State, to establish modern infrastructure and services. Such a bankroll - which being their own property would not have strings attached! - would allow them to do what's necessary right away AND without having to ask anyone else's help. Haven't they been beggars long enough?

While there is not a 'one-to-one' correspondence between different refugee situations - "settling up" ONLY between Israel and Palestine will not be enough to bring peace to the region. For that, it will be necessary for ALL the ME nations to 'settle up' with one another.

what i "just said" was that many of the jews did not fit the status of "refugee" according to the UN legal definition, which is the one that counts.

also, it would need to be decided on a case by case basis. jewish people since before 1948have been encouraged to emmigrate to israel. one notable incident was a short while back when ariel sharon visited france and told the french jews thay should leave because of alleged anti-semitic incidents. the french jews wisely told him "no thanks. french is our home."

the palestinians should be compensated by israel and israel alone although i suppose some argumenrt could be made that at the time of al-nakba. the 58 member states were responsible.

like i said, open our borders to them. make adjustments to the immigration laws. have israel compensate us for their care.

nothing will bring peace to the region until israel no longer exists. they are the sliver in that festering sore. israel is one of the most stupid mistakes the world has made.

that is just the way it is.

(also, i don't normally mention this to people but i think you deserve it. calling them "pals" is an ethnic and racial slur. it is common and most people don't know it but you do as i have mentioned it to you before.)
Let's suppose California and Arizona gave their portions of the Sonoran Desert to the Jews to create an Israeli homeland. They would probably irrigate the desert and turn it into a thriving and productive region. I wonder how long it would take the Palestinians to lay claim to their rightful share.

]"they (jews) are not and were not legal refugees "

So it was 'legal' to strip entire communities of their citizenship and property and possessions and kick them out of the lands where they'd lived for millennia just because of *religion*, seal?

Because that is what you just said - that the ethnic cleansing by the AL nations was OK, but doing it to the Pals (by Israel - which I dispute occurred to the extent you've asserted) was 'a crime'?[/B]
The Jewish communities in AL nations were not *doing* nor even *saying* anything to those governments about attacking Israel - they were no different than they had been for centuries.

And for Tinny: Of course the Palestinians were not responsible for the ethnic cleansing by other AL nations (which also engaged in same against Pals!). Nor is there any thought by me of 'punishing' the Pals by 'denying' their 'right to return'. I truly believe there are many who would never be willing to be a part of a State of any size shape or form which included Israelis.

Since it isn't practical to simply return the lands and property and possessions the AL nations stole from their Jewish citizenry without creating a whole new group of 'refugees' - the only practical way to repair that crime against humanity is for the governments to offer monetary compensation. Now I haven't spoken to every one of those 950,000 and descendants, but the ones I have contact with have indicted they would accept a 'group' settlement to be given to the Israeli government (or parceled out to individual governments as something like 10% did not wind up in Israel).

The Israelis are going to have to compensate the Palestinians who were made refugees, too. I figure it could all be done rather like settling up a restaurant check for a large party: everyone pay what they owe and call it done.

I suppose it could be handled rather like any 'class action' settlement: vote to be included (and your comp goes to the treasury), or vote to be excluded and get your own lawyer for a settlement (file your individual claim).

And then everyone - as communities and individuals! - could be free to get on with their own lives and States and pursue their own dreams.

There is no reason to allow ANY nation to get away with not paying the refugees - ANY of them.

The main reason I suggested a 'group' settlement for the Pals, is that they will need a bankroll to set up their State, to establish modern infrastructure and services. Such a bankroll - which being their own property would not have strings attached! - would allow them to do what's necessary right away AND without having to ask anyone else's help. Haven't they been beggars long enough?

While there is not a 'one-to-one' correspondence between different refugee situations - "settling up" ONLY between Israel and Palestine will not be enough to bring peace to the region. For that, it will be necessary for ALL the ME nations to 'settle up' with one another.

what i "just said" was that many of the jews did not fit the status of "refugee" according to the UN legal definition, which is the one that counts.

also, it would need to be decided on a case by case basis. jewish people since before 1948have been encouraged to emmigrate to israel. one notable incident was a short while back when ariel sharon visited france and told the french jews thay should leave because of alleged anti-semitic incidents. the french jews wisely told him "no thanks. french is our home."

the palestinians should be compensated by israel and israel alone although i suppose some argumenrt could be made that at the time of al-nakba. the 58 member states were responsible.

like i said, open our borders to them. make adjustments to the immigration laws. have israel compensate us for their care.

nothing will bring peace to the region until israel no longer exists. they are the sliver in that festering sore. israel is one of the most stupid mistakes the world has made.

(also, i don't normally mention this to people but i think you deserve it. calling them "pals" is an ethnic and racial slur. it is common and most people don't know it but you do as i have mentioned it to you before.)
Let's suppose California and Arizona gave their portions of the Sonoran Desert to the Jews to create an Israeli homeland. They would probably irrigate the desert and turn it into a thriving and productive region. I wonder how long it would take the Palestinians to lay claim to their rightful share.

i think a less racist solution than you suggest would be to supply the almost twenty american indian tribes that live there the $3,000,000,000.00 that we currently give israel to aid them in their poverty...or is it that you think jews are so much more superior than the native americans.?

please inform me of any palestinian claims on the jewish areas in manhattan or florida before we discuss your fabricaations about future claims in the sonora.

i think a less racist solution than you suggest would be to supply the almost twenty american indian tribes that live there the $3,000,000,000.00 that we currently give israel to aid them in their poverty...or is it that you think jews are so much more superior than the native americans.?

please inform me of any palestinian claims on the jewish areas in manhattan or florida before we discuss your fabricaations about future claims in the sonora.
Where do you think the Indians came from? Genetically, I mean.

so far the current theory is that the natives of north and south america came from a very small group of less than twenty people who crossed the land bridge in the aleutians from asia.

so?

so far the current theory is that the natives of north and south america came from a very small group of less than twenty people who crossed the land bridge in the aleutians from asia.

so?
Were they with Noah and his family or derive from Noah and his family?

skull-human-remain-grave.jpg

Mass graves have been discovered in the historical cemetery of Al-Kazakhana in Jaffa, Al-Aqsa Foundation for Islamic Endowments and Heritage announced on Monday.

The graves contain the remains of Palestinians killed by Jewish militias in 1948 during the Nakba (Catastrophe). According to the Foundation, they were discovered during routine maintenance and rehabilitation of the cemetery in one of the cities occupied by Israel since 1948.

According to the head of the cemetery rehabilitation project, Mohammed al-Ashqar, the remains indicate that they were of Palestinians of varied ages who were "killed by Zionist gangs" in Jaffa. Reportedly, some of the graves also date back to the Palestinian Uprising of 1936.

So much for the Zionist claim Palestinians left in 1948 because their leaders told them to go, it is untrue, this claim.

Here is more evidence uncovered, dug up, of crimes against humanity Israel carried out in 1948.

Truth is always brought into the Light for all to see.

Truth cannot remain buried and covered up, that is the nature of Truth.

Sherri

Updates on this story:

During a restoration project repairing gravesites which had collapsed due to natural conditions at the Al-Kazakhana cemetery in Jaffa, workers for the al-Aqsa Foundation for Endowment and Heritage, an NGO based in the city of Umm al-Fahm, discovered the existence of six mass graves with hundreds of skeletons of Palestinians who perished during the Nakba in 1948 and the uprising in 1936.

The al-Aqsa Foundation issued a report on Wednesday (Arabic) titled Jaffa mass graves for victims of the Nakba and the revolution of 1936. The mass graves support documented oral histories collected from Palestinians who lived through the Nakba. Historians have documented testimonies recounting scenes of massacres in Jaffa and the surrounding area from eyewitness who saw piles of bodies scattered thoughout neighborhoods of Jaffa

Updated: al-Aqsa Foundation discovers mass graves of Palestinians killed during the Nakba in Jaffa | Mondoweiss

More Photos.

ca918a06-3a79-460b-ba17-6511de4cf9d0.jpg

mass-graves-jaffa.jpg

Sherri

From Al akhbar:

“During [the foundation’s] repair and maintenance work on the [Kazkhana] cemetery, we discovered nozzles to dig into the ground where we found the mass graves...including hundreds of skeletons and human remains of rebels, martyrs and civilians who perished during the Nakba,” head of the Islamic Movement in Jaffa, Sheikh Mohammed Najem, said in the report. The foundation has proved the remains date back to the victims killed in the 1948 war, whether from bombings and shelling of residential neighborhoods or snipers located around the city, the report said.

“The Kazkhana cemetery has exposed the historical facts that Israel has tried to hide and erase for over 65 years relating to the massacres committed by Zionist gangs during the 1948 Palestinian Nakba,” it read. “These mass graves have banished all doubts of the certainty of oral histories collected by historians of people who lived through the Nakba of 1948 and parts of the war documenting massacres in Jaffa and its suburbs,” the report added

Mass graves of Palestinians killed in 1948 Nakba discovered in Jaffa | Al Akhbar English

Sherri

"The remains of dozens of Palestinians killed by Israelis in fighting following the 1948 foundation of the Israeli state have been found in a mass grave in Tel Aviv's Jaffa district.An official at the Muslim cemetery there told AFP that the grisly find occurred on Wednesday when ground subsided as workers carried out renovations, revealing six chambers full of skeletons.Jaffa fisherman Atar Zeinab, 80, says that as a teenager during the final months of fighting in 1948 he helped to collect the Arab dead in the area south of Jaffa and bring them for hasty burial in the cemetery, the area's main graveyard."I carried to the cemetery 60 bodies during a period of three or four months," he told AFP. "We used to find the people in the street and most of the time we didn't know who they were."He said that the danger of being hit by flying bullets or grenade fragments was such that bodies were dumped one on top of the other in existing family crypts in the cemetery, contrary to Muslim custom."We carried them early in the morning or in the night," he added. "We put women, children and men in the same place... nobody prayed for these people."Jaffa was at the time a Palestinian town, but there was an exodus of most of its Arab population when it fell to the fledgling Israeli army and rightwing Jewish militias." Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

"Peace-loving" Palestinians...you must be kidding! My mom and her family were some of those "greedy" Jews from Europe. They were refugees from Poland after the War, and they lived in tents for at least a year.
Were those tents pitched on Arab land?

You're on Native Indian land.
One reason so many uninformed Americans support Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine stems from a settler-colonialist mentality found in both countries. The fact that the US was born from slavery and ethnic cleansing doesn't change the racist nature of the crimes that Israel is committing today against Palestinian Arabs; White South Africa is probably a better historical analogy for today's Jewish state.

1948 Mandate Palestine and 650,000 (mostly European) greedy Jews inflict their nation on 1.2 million peace loving Palestinians. Ancient Jewish mythology carries no legal authority today. One person; one vote in Palestine or Israel goes the way of White South Africa.

The fact that you can't manage to refer to past history without inserting such blatantly unsupportable descriptors has convinced me that you are incapable of discussing the topic without an extreme bias.

Not to mention that the behavior of far too many Palestinian individuals, organizations and groups from well before 1948 into the present belies the ludicrous description of them as 'peace-loving' !
As opposed to Israel's peaceful purge in Galilee?"

"During Operation Hiram in the upper Galilee, Israeli military commanders received the order: 'Do all you can to immediately and quickly purge the conquered territories of all hostile elements in accordance with the orders issued.

"The residents should be helped to leave the areas that have been conquered'. (31 October 1948, Moshe Carmel) The UN's acting Mediator, Ralph Bunche, reported that United Nations Observers had recorded extensive looting of villages in Galilee by Israeli forces, which carried away goats, sheep and mules.

"This looting, United Nations Observers report, appeared to have been systematic as army trucks were used for transportation.

"The situation, states the report, created a new influx of refugees into Lebanon. Israeli forces, he stated, have occupied the area in Galilee formerly occupied by Kaukji's forces, and have crossed the Lebanese frontier.

"Bunche goes on to say 'that Israeli forces now hold positions inside the south-east corner of Lebanon, involving some fifteen Lebanese villages which are occupied by small Israeli detachments'".

1949?1956 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, we do not read in Wikipedia of matters like small Christian villages in the Galilee where the inhabitants were executed in their villages and buried in mass shallow graves by their Zionist colonialist conquerors. Archbishop Elias Chacour writes about that in his book Bloood Brothers. He was then just a child playing soccer in the virtually deserted village his family took refuge in and he found the body of a murdered child and the graves were uncovered. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/0268019630/RSDSWNERD2GFO?cursor=2&sort=rd[/ame] Read more about the massacre in Gish in the reviews for Chacours second book We Belong to The land. The Massacre in Gish

The story of another massacre and mass grave: "By Alexander De Giscala - July 7, 2006 In Blood Brothers, Abuna mentions the massacre/mass grave in Gish very briefly. Abuna's motivation has been, and continues to be the search (and work) for peace. Yet there are those who dispute him because the truth is too hard to swallow. Abuna does not write a polemic and is not apologetic in his views. He simply and deeply wants peace. I am not a religious person at all, but I am from Gish. Members of my family in 1948 were instructed by jewish soldiers to collect the dead bodies from roof tops and narrow alleys and move them to the mass burial place in Gish. All of us kids [of Gish] knew where that spot was and we never played near it. Some people will accept the truth only when it fits their beliefs. But unless we learn from history and come to terms with certain atrocities (both palestinian and israeli), peace has no chance." [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/0268019630/RSDSWNERD2GFO?cursor=2&sort=rd[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back