Mass illegal alien amnesty violates our founding principles; Update: 14 15 Rs join Ds

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
a shame the people in this country don't care..

SNIP:

By Michelle Malkin • June 24, 2013 02:54 AM

images
Stop them.

The Senate will continue debate on S.744, the Teddy Kennedy Memorial Open Borders Act, this afternoon. A vote on the Schumer-Corker-Hoeven amendment is scheduled at 5:30 p.m. Eastern.

These are the principles that must guide the federal government’s immigration, border security, and entrance policies.

The Preamble to the U.S. Constitution:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Article IV, Section IV of the U.S. Constitution:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

The presidential oath of office in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

The Oaths Clause, Article VI of the U.S. Constitution:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution….

The U.S. Constitution does not say that the paramount duty of government is to “Celebrate Diversity” or to “embrace multiculturalism” or to give “every willing worker” in the world a job. The Premable to the U.S. Constitution does not say the Republic was established to keep illegal alien families together, provide illegal alien college tuition discounts, or promote immigrant welfare magnets. It says the Constitution was established “to provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty.”

Our founding fathers recognized that fulfilling these fundamental duties is impossible without an orderly immigration and entrance system that discriminates in favor of those willing, as George Washington put it, to “get assimilated to our customs, measures, [and] laws.”

Assimilation, not amnesty, is at the heart of the American experiment.

And “secure the border, period” — not “secure the border first” as a pesky precondition to a mass illegal alien bailout — is an ongoing, never-ending obligation of our government.

Border security is not something you finish and hastily check off a list in order to move on to another politically correct campaign promise. It is the most basic duty of government and it remains the federal government’s biggest failure.

Reminder: Obama’s idea of “smarter enforcement” is no enforcement.

The bipartisan open-borders lobby bleats about “fairness” for the “11 million” living “in the shadows.” But America owes border violators and visa overstayers nothing. And it’s about time someone in Washington say it out loud.

I repeat:

all of it here
Michelle Malkin |

I heard a bit about it tonight.
Harry Reid got like $100 million for something for his state.
WTF is going on here?

every republican slime slug should be primaried. as ann coulter said last night i will contribute to anyone who does. rubio is a back stabbing lair.

Forum List

Back