Mass Shooting At A Fort Myers Nightclub

Yes the consistently lower murder rates are relevant.

And Our murder rate is exactly the same as it was 60 years ago

And I never mentioned any future trends but if you want to put money on it I'll bet you that the murder rate in the UK will be lower than in the US 60 years from now.

ANd just what exactly do you want to change? Do you want to limit gun ownership? We already do that. Do you want to ban certain guns? We already do that

So just what exactly is it you think we should do tp curb gun crime and not curb the rights of law abiding citizens?

It might be the same as it was 60 years ago, but what? Guns were there before, guns are there now. Nothing has changed, and the whole time other first world countries have had lower crime, even if they've had an increase (which the US had also).

You want to bet the UK murder rate will be lower? I'd bet that too, mostly out of knowledge that the US doesn't solve problems much, and other countries do.

What do I want to change? It's a complex issue. But right now it's complex and nothing is being done about it, and people just say "but we have a right", but is the right sensible any more. Times have changed. Limits on firearms aren't very limited. It's like stopping someone from eating 250 bowls of cereal a day, 249 is okay though.

Not curb the rights of citizens? Haha, you put that in at the end. Well, firstly I think people should be open about the issue. That's never going to happen. I mean the partisan nonsense isn't going to change because it's in the interests of the politicians to keep it going.

I do think other things need to change first, like how people vote for one, without that changing nothing else is going to change.

However people need to take a look at the murder rate. When you get people calling for all Muslims to be deported and all that nonsense, and yet the number of murders and killings by Muslims is far, far, far lower than the gun problem in the US, yet they won't do anything about the gun problem but will do something about curbing OTHER PEOPLE.

Nothing has changed?

The UK passed the strictest guns laws ever seen in that country in 1968 and the murder rate is still the same as it was 60 years ago

We have passed thousands of gun laws and our murder rate is the same as it was 60 years ago

Seems to me it's not guns at all that drive murder rtaes

Passing guns laws doesn't automatically change things. It depends on the gun law. No gun law in the US has stopped there being guns. So.... The thousands of gun laws in the US don't equate to one gun law in Europe. The number of laws makes no difference. It's the substance.

But times have also changed. Had nothing been done in the UK then murder rates would be much higher. In fact there was a time when the Yardies were a major problem and gun violence soared. Nottingham was nicknamed Shottingham. But it was actually dealt with and the gun murder rate dropped.

Screen+Shot+2012-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.22+PM.png

It went from 50 in 1999 to 100 in 2002. That's a massive increase. But then it went down to 40 by 2010. Why? It's called being active, solving problems.

How do you know if nothing had been done the rates would be much higher?

And if you can prove your prescience why haven't you won the lottery?

Read my post.
Meddling with our Constitutional rights again? What is it to you when you are not an American citizen and do not live in the U.S.?

Gang thing? A relative of mine from Fort Myers said the town next to them has shootings every day. Keep us posted, will you?

Gang thing? A relative of mine from Fort Myers said the town next to them has shootings every day. Keep us posted, will you?
I think, it is safe to assume that it was not a gang related shooting. At this point the cops are tight lipped about the "person of interest" in custody.

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub - Report

Oh wait, it's in Florida which already has loads of guns.....

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
Blacks shoot up a nightclub every Friday.....and have been doing this for 50 years. This is not news.

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?

(((((()YAWN))))))

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

Why is 10,000 a year an acceptable risk, but a dozen a year not an acceptable risk? Could you explain the logic behind this?

Blacks shoot up a nightclub every Friday.....and have been doing this for 50 years. This is not news.

Maybe not. I'm not making news, I'm making discussion based on what's been happening in Germany and the response to this on this board compared to the response when something happens in the US.

Black person kills a dozen people - whatever
Muslim kills a dozen people -ban muslims, bomb them, destroy them.

I just don't see any consistency.

Maybe not. I'm not making news, I'm making discussion based on what's been happening in Germany and the response to this on this board compared to the response when something happens in the US.

Black person kills a dozen people - whatever
Muslim kills a dozen people -ban muslims, bomb them, destroy them.

I just don't see any consistency.
Muslims seem to get more press, so of course. Blacks do this all the time, but out of sight, out of mind. However, they're shooting game cops now, not just each other, so maybe they'll get the press they deserve.

I think, it is safe to assume that it was not a gang related shooting. At this point the cops are tight lipped about the "person of interest" in custody.
"While police are still investigating the incident, authorities told Fox News that the shooting was "definitely not terrorism" and likely gang-related. A resident of the neighborhood where Club Blu is located told the New York Times that drug dealing and shootings mar the area."

Club Blu

1 hr ·

"We are deeply sorry for all involved. We tried to give the teens WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. Ages 12-17. There was armed security as well as full security,inside and out. As the club was closing and parents were picking their children up.....that's when all this took place. There was nothing more we could of done az you see it was not kids at the party that did this despicable act. Our condolences to all parties involved."

They have several gangs in Lehigh Acres where this occurred.
Lehigh Acres Kings, Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips, La Raza, etc. Are all n the area.
They have made a number of arrests there the last few years.

here is the poster for the party-
CoMv1S-WYAAZg-k.jpg:small

"While police are still investigating the incident, authorities told Fox News that the shooting was "definitely not terrorism" and likely gang-related. A resident of the neighborhood where Club Blu is located told the New York Times that drug dealing and shootings mar the area."

Oh, this is really going to disappoint the Trumpettes on this board...

I've just never seen anything like what's going on today. When I was a teenager kids pretty much stuck in their immediate neighborhoods but just about all the elementary or junior high schools had playgrounds opened every night in summer and that's where the kids of all ages hung out. All kinds of activities available and kids walked home when the playgrounds closed for the night. Nobody was scared of the dark, feared getting attacked, no rapes, robberies, murders, kidnapping ... it was nice and quiet. I'm glad my kids are grown - I don't know what I would do today with young kids facing the world we now live in.

Police are saying it's definitely not Islamic terrorism.

Which is worse a muslim killing someone or a Negro killing someone?

Anyhow we need moe info on dis here episode.....what colors were involved...were dey all black?

Forum List

Back