Mass Shooting At A Fort Myers Nightclub

CoMtdupXgAAs5oO.jpg:small

From the local police

I have a 4 yr old granddaughter and it concerns me.
I've just never seen anything like what's going on today. When I was a teenager kids pretty much stuck in their immediate neighborhoods but just about all the elementary or junior high schools had playgrounds opened every night in summer and that's where the kids of all ages hung out. All kinds of activities available and kids walked home when the playgrounds closed for the night. Nobody was scared of the dark, feared getting attacked, no rapes, robberies, murders, kidnapping ... it was nice and quiet. I'm glad my kids are grown - I don't know what I would do today with young kids facing the world we now live in.

They have several gangs in Lehigh Acres where this occurred.
Lehigh Acres Kings, Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips, La Raza, etc. Are all n the area.
They have made a number of arrests there the last few years.

here is the poster for the party-
CoMv1S-WYAAZg-k.jpg:small
It happened in downtown Ft. Myers, not in Lehigh.

16 people were treated in the trauma center and emergency department.
One person died at the hospital. The other died at the scene.
Two are in the intensive care unit – One in serious condition and the other in critical condition.
One person is in fair condition.
One person was taken to Cape Coral Hospitaql.
The other victims were treated and released.

from 10 news wtsp

Thanks, Ravi. I had read that one of the killed was a star player at Lehigh High School, and another injured was a student as well. That's what I get for not double checking where the club itself is. Thanks for the correction.
They have several gangs in Lehigh Acres where this occurred.
Lehigh Acres Kings, Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips, La Raza, etc. Are all n the area.
They have made a number of arrests there the last few years.

here is the poster for the party-
CoMv1S-WYAAZg-k.jpg:small
It happened in downtown Ft. Myers, not in Lehigh.

They detained three people...at least that what it says so far......

How will that stop criminals getting guns? Please be specific.
It will not. There is no govt restriction that will completely, and that is a good reason why we all should be able to bear arms. That said I don't think having to sell your gun through a licensed shop is too much of a burden to gun owners, and would likely stop some of them getting into the wrong hands. It makes it easy to trace guns to illegal transfers.

I'll be happy to go through that hassle, just as soon as you can guarantee criminals will do it too.
Alright then we disagree. I hope that you respect my opinion and realize that I agree Hillary's plan to make gun manufacturers liable for shootings is outrageous and the way they are trying to control guns. This plan to allow lawsuits against manufacturers is the biggest threat against legal gun owners as I see it. I voted for Sanders who is absolutely against suing manufactures and has never pushed gun control in his state.

You can't make a manufacturer responsible for customers who misuse their products. That's like making liquor or car manufactures responsible for DUI injuries and deaths. There's no legal basis for it. Plus gun makers only sell their product to federally licensed dealers.
I know its insanity and I completely agree. This is what Hillary said though. Sanders disagreed and was treated like he caused Sandy Hook.

Just another reason I wont vote for Hillary she wants to ban guns and sue the manufacturers, see the democratic debates for proof..

Yeah, I think someone who's twitter savvy should start a social media campaign to get Sanders supporters to write in his name just to derail the DNCs rigged system. Everyone says the dump is nuts, he doesn't hold a candle to the hildabitch.

I don't see that comment as being relevant to the issue.

In the UK you can still be murdered.

And so in the UK you must still defend yourself.

Since guns are essentially prohibited in the UK then you must defend yourself with another weapon.

And even then there is still a possibility that the criminal who assaults has a gun and brought it into the UK from France or Belgium.

Yes, you can still be murdered in the UK. You can be murdered anywhere with any weapon, hands, feet, TV, guns.
Murder will always happen.

You can be murdered with a gun in your hand, with a gun in your holster, if you are an armed police officer, etc etc.

However in the UK you are 4 times less likely to be murdered. You are safer.

You may not be able to defend yourself as effectively without a gun in a comparable situation, however the fact is many situations aren't comparable. In the US you're going to come up against people wielding guns.

Alaska has the highest rape rate in the US, 5 times higher than in NY. But they have laxer guns laws, more guns, etc etc.

How is this the case if guns make you safer?

Climb a mountain and fall off a cliff, the mountain murdered you with that sneaky cliff.

As has been stated many times on here, and ignored many times, guns exacerbate a situation, rather than make the situation. I don't need to explain this simple concept to you, do I?

Squirrel gravy over hot biscuits is a mouth watering breakfast. I humbly disagree with you, guns lessen a situation and the bigger the gun the better to prevent a fight.

So how do you account for the US murder rate being 4 times higher than other first world countries then?

You have a guy who can get a gun and wants to kill people, and a guy who can't get a gun and wants to kill people, who's going to kill the most?

Even if people have guns to fight back, you're always going to get in there first and cause the damage before anyone can react. Knives allow for longer reaction times.

But I do notice you didn't use anything to back up your statement.

You have a guy who can get a gun and wants to kill people, and a guy who can't get a gun and wants to kill people, who's going to kill the most?

I don't know, seems like a truck is pretty effective.

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub - Report

Oh wait, it's in Florida which already has loads of guns.....

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?
The United States provides the right for citizens to have guns. This is not going away. The debate should be about access, liscensing, and getting rid of selling guns in a parking lot; with the aim to keep guns out of criminals hands and allow them to remain in lawful citizens hands.

The debate can be about many things. About the impact of guns on society, which the right generally try and ignore. Why shouldn't people look for the root cause of problems and change the Constitution if they think it's wrong?
The root cause of gun crime is not the second amendment

so changing it will not stop gun crimes

So why has the right blocked all money going to scientifically researching Gun Crime?

The CDC just did a study 3 years ago, how many do you want?

After spending days telling the Germans they are wrong for having strict gun control...... the right will probably give their reasons why there should be MORE guns.... right?

Oh look, most likely gang related. Yes, by all means lets take guns form the hands of the 90 million who don't commit crimes, so that the 1000 or so who do use them can have an easier time of it. The German shooter had no problem getting a gun so it will certainly work here:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It was in the parking lot, not the club. It was teen night so most likely gang related. Isn't it already illegal for teens to have guns? Go figure, a criminal ignoring laws, who'd have thunk?

Teens can't have guns and individuals with criminal records can't have guns either.........all of the gun control in Germany didn't stop the under age kid with a history of psychiatric treatment from getting his illegal gun....he got it on the dark web........he killed 9... These gnat bangers killed 2.......

The guy no Nice...killed 84.... With a truck.

1 - there are not enough police to protect you everywhere and at all times (a priori).

2 - if you want to be protected you need to protect yourself (a posteriori).

3 - to protect yourself against a gun you need a better gun and you need to be a better shot (a priori).

4 - to be a better shot you need to practice (a priori).

5 - to practice you need a gun (a prior).

6 - ergo everybody needs a gun (a posteriori).

A priori means self evident.

A posteriori means logically deduced.

No, there aren't enough police. However you're more likely to die in the US where you can get a gun, than Germany where you can't.

So, it's a choice isn't it? A choice between a safer society or a more dangerous society. You may get the chance to protect yourself more in the more dangerous society, but you're more likely to be confronted by people with guns.

That has nothing to do with guns...our non gun murder rate is higher than Germany's,total murder rate........their criminals do not commit murder as often as our youthful thugs do....

Forum List

Back