🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Maybe I was right about Trump and the Democrats

If no one wants to address the actual point of the thread, the mods can shut 'er down.
Gonna take your toys and run home?
Well, I figured if all I was doing was triggering Trumpsters (again), it was a waste of bandwidth (again).

I did get a couple of interesting comments, though. And thanks for your concern!

If no one wants to address the actual point of the thread, the mods can shut 'er down.
Well, I figured if all I was doing was triggering Trumpsters (again), it was a waste of bandwidth (again).

I did get a couple of interesting comments, though. And thanks for your concern!
well at this point you're assuming anyone who doesn't fall in line with your "wisdom" is a "trumpster".

you're not after discussion, you're after validation.

well at this point you're assuming anyone who doesn't fall in line with your "wisdom" is a "trumpster".

I was after a conversation about the growing contrast between the parties, but I only expect so much success here.

I was after a conversation about the growing contrast between the parties, but I only expect so much success here.
Democrats are certifiable nuts and the gop are spineless.

/thread

well if it turns out you can be construed as "right" i'm sure we'll hear about it again in a few years.

well if it turns out you can be construed as "right" i'm sure we'll hear about it again in a few years.
You still haven't actually contributed to thread topic, so I won't hold out hope.

You still haven't actually contributed to thread topic, so I won't hold out hope.
i contribute to a lot of threads. hell, far more often than not, we agree. but i disagree with you or what you do ONE TIME and suddenly i'm a trumpster.

i have no use for someone so apparently simple of thought. you agree with me, or you're the exact opposite/stereotype.

i contribute to a lot of threads. hell, far more often than not, we agree. but i disagree with you or what you do ONE TIME and suddenly i'm a trumpster.

i have no use for someone so apparently simple of thought. you agree with me, or you're the exact opposite/stereotype.
Agreed. I like Mac but sometimes the condescending self promotion gets tiresome.

We all have our good and bad points......well, maybe not Rderp.

so what was the point? whether or not you were right or what you may have been right about?

The point of every self absorbed pseudo-intellectual bed wetter is to belittle others as ambiguously as they can, and then act all indignant when the responses ridicule them in turn.

Mac's basically become a caricature of Deanturd pretending to be a scholar rather than just a whining little asshole.

yep shaming is the end game. publicly too, as much as possible.
Shaming? You mean maiming:

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere.” - Rep Maxie Waters (D, Cali)

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

About six weeks after he got into office (2/25/2017), I said the following in this thread: Will the Resistance fade?

Was I right?

Post 1:
What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Post 10:
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

Post 72:
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left. But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.

Where you miss the Mark is calling Trump “far right”. He isn’t at all.

Since when do any of your threads have a point other than to promote yourself, to bash Trump or to refute any opinion differing from your desired outcome? We get that. Now we know your every next 1000 threads.

Since when do any of your threads have a point other than to promote yourself, to bash Trump or to refute any opinion differing from your desired outcome? We get that. Now we know your every next 1000 threads.
Great, then you'll know not to read them. Then you won't have a reason to bitch! Cool!

1. I think the backlash against Trump was stronger and more vitriolic that many people thought it would be, or that it would still be going strong heading into the election year. True, he feeds the flames on a regular basis and the MSM have been throwing gasoline on the fire every chance they get, whether it's justified or relevant, or not. But geez, this is ridiculous. The divisiveness is really hurting this country and nobody is blameless.

2. It is also true that Trump stepped on a lot of toes within the GOP on his way to the nomination and the election and since then, the stupid bastard just can't keep his mouth shut. But, for better or worse that's who he is, an urban street-fighter who always hits back whether it's the smartest thing to do or not.

3. I do believe there is a strong group of moderates within the Dem Party and among Independents who are very tired of Trump, but are totally dismayed at any and all of the people running on the Dem side. Good grief, the nonsense they're peddling has to be an anathema to many, as well as a return to the bigger gov't and bigger spending Dems.

4. I do not see the whacked out far Right as having that much influence. Trump is a populist, isn't he?

5. Note to self: don't start a thread with 'maybe I was right'. Mac is a good guy though, maybe we should ease up a little.

1. I think the backlash against Trump was stronger and more vitriolic that many people thought it would be, or that it would still be going strong heading into the election year. True, he feeds the flames on a regular basis and the MSM have been throwing gasoline on the fire every chance they get, whether it's justified or relevant, or not. But geez, this is ridiculous. The divisiveness is really hurting this country and nobody is blameless.

2. It is also true that Trump stepped on a lot of toes within the GOP on his way to the nomination and the election and since then, the stupid bastard just can't keep his mouth shut. But, for better or worse that's who he is, an urban street-fighter who always hits back whether it's the smartest thing to do or not.

3. I do believe there is a strong group of moderates within the Dem Party and among Independents who are very tired of Trump, but are totally dismayed at any and all of the people running on the Dem side. Good grief, the nonsense they're peddling has to be an anathema to many, as well as a return to the bigger gov't and bigger spending Dems.

4. I do not see the whacked out far Right as having that much influence. Trump is a populist, isn't he?

5. Note to self: don't start a thread with 'maybe I was right'. Mac is a good guy though, maybe we should ease up a little.
For the record, I did start the thread title with "Maybe" and the OP with "Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff," so I erroneously figured I made it clear it wasn't some kind of big brag. So much for THAT idea, huh? :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful and civil response!

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.
Trump is a pragmatic centrist. Since he has taken the center of the US political spectrum, the Democrats are forced to either admit that Trump is doing what is best for our country or take a position on the lunatic fringe.

He's bulldozing the moon and the barking moonbats are forced out of their stinking guano holes, on full display for middle America to see.

For the record, I did start the thread title with "Maybe" and the OP with "Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff," so I erroneously figured I made it clear it wasn't some kind of big brag. So much for THAT idea, huh? :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful and civil response!

Should we leave you two alone? While you guys swap spit, I agree, you're not good Mac at predicting partisan political stuff thinly veiled to attempt to appear neutral, just merely generating it.

bullet 3 is me to a T.

give me a centralist who's focus in AMERICA and not the left or right or ANY individual group that is making the most noise, i will gravitate to your message and hope for the best. we can't keep "cock-blocking" each other and getting further and further apart every election.

mac and i were fine til i was a "trumpster" cause i didn't care for the style of the message. there has to be more in this world than if you're not with me you're 100% against me. i'm sure we'll be fine when this blows over.

shitload of gray between black and white.

Forum List

Back