🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Maybe I was right about Trump and the Democrats

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democratss, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

About six weeks after he got into office (2/25/2017), I said the following in this thread: Will the Resistance fade?

Was I right?

Post 1:
What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Post 10:
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

Post 72:
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left. But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.
This is like saying will a liar continue to lie.
We all knew what the response would be.....we just didn't think that they would become so reckless.
The extent of their depravity could not be imagined.
The lengths that they would be willing to go to hasn't been seen in this country since the Civil War.
But Democrats feel that they totally control the media....so they feel any lie will be ignored and no consequences are going to meted out.
So why aren’t we having regular meetings about how we can destroy them before they kill us again?

So why aren’t we having regular meetings about how we can destroy them before they kill us again?
:spinner:
Pretend I am crazy all you want moron, but the fact that the left is eliminating all means for normal political party communication and campaigning for Republicans combined with the fact that Democrats are forcefully “diversifying” every single last majority white area for no reason at all will eventually point all Republicans to the only solution they have left.

Antifa introduced regular violence into the political debate, so obviously the right has to get violent to match the tone and tenor of that debate.

:spinner:
Pretend I am crazy all you want moron, but the fact that the left is eliminating all means for normal political party communication and campaigning for Republicans combined with the fact that Democrats are forcefully “diversifying” every single last majority white area for no reason at all will eventually point all Republicans to the only solution they have left.

Antifa introduced regular violence into the political debate, so obviously the right has to get violent to match the tone and tenor of that debate.
Hey, I'm all for your meeting to discuss how you can "destroy them before they kill (you) again".

You bring the pork rinds, have someone else bring the Budweiser™, and you guys can sit on the front porch all night long, a-hootin' and a-hollerin'. When you get tired, you can turn on a Mark Levin or Sean Hannity podcast for the "news" and "facts" you need to get all fired up again!

And let us know what you come up with!

...Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.
They play a role, but so do Trump's behaviors. He's not a victim here, and his fans have cheered on his behaviors. This doesn't improve unless/until enough people on one or both sides have the balls to stand up and say "enough is enough".
Bill Maher doesn't even try to hide his disdain & disloyalty. Like many on the left, he doesn't care who gets hurt as long as his mindless hatred is served:

Liberal Media Scream: Bill Maher cheers economic collapse if it dooms Trump
“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher doubled down: “I know. It’s worth it.”

...Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.
They play a role, but so do Trump's behaviors. He's not a victim here, and his fans have cheered on his behaviors. This doesn't improve unless/until enough people on one or both sides have the balls to stand up and say "enough is enough".
Bill Maher doesn't even try to hide his disdain & disloyalty. Like many on the left, he doesn't care who gets hurt as long as his mindless hatred is served:

“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher is persona non grata with the Regressive Left for his views on Identity Politics and PC, and I like him overall. He does go too far at times, though, granted.

Maher is persona non grata with the Regressive Left for his views on Identity Politics and PC, and I like him overall. He does go too far at times, though, granted.
My point is Maher is not alone in his seething hatred - not by a long shot - but only one Dem 2020 hopeful has had the cojones to say something:

Delaney: 'It feels like some Democrats are cheering on a recession'
Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney said some members of his party seem to be "cheering on a recession" in hopes of weakening President Trump.

“It feels like some Democrats are cheering on a recession because they want to stick it to Trump,” the former Maryland congressman told reporters Wednesday. “I don’t want a recession because I don’t want these workers in here to face a recession.”

My point is Maher is not alone in his seething hatred - not by a long shot - but only one Dem 2020 hopeful has had the cojones to say something:

Delaney: 'It feels like some Democrats are cheering on a recession'
Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney said some members of his party seem to be "cheering on a recession" in hopes of weakening President Trump.

“It feels like some Democrats are cheering on a recession because they want to stick it to Trump,” the former Maryland congressman told reporters Wednesday. “I don’t want a recession because I don’t want these workers in here to face a recession.”
Sure, many are. That's the nature of our politics right now - party over country. The GOP did the same thing when Obama was in office.

Nice to see this guy isn't completely consumed with partisanship.

One could argue that eight years of BHO led America to elect DJT.
In general, yeah. The hardcore Left took Obama's first win as an indication that the battle was over, they they had won, and that PC and Identity Politics and increased government were the new law. They jumped too soon, they pissed off just enough people, and now we have Trump.

You missed something. They attacked McCain and Romney personally and neither McCain nor Romney fought back. Trump fought back and earned his votes. He punched hard and the bullies did not like it. Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.
They play a role, but so do Trump's behaviors. He's not a victim here, and his fans have cheered on his behaviors.

This doesn't improve unless/until enough people on one or both sides have the balls to stand up and say "enough is enough".

The victims are the American people who cannot attain unbiased news coverage.

How can one go “too far”?

In general, yeah. The hardcore Left took Obama's first win as an indication that the battle was over, they they had won, and that PC and Identity Politics and increased government were the new law. They jumped too soon, they pissed off just enough people, and now we have Trump.

You missed something. They attacked McCain and Romney personally and neither McCain nor Romney fought back. Trump fought back and earned his votes. He punched hard and the bullies did not like it. Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.
They play a role, but so do Trump's behaviors. He's not a victim here, and his fans have cheered on his behaviors.

This doesn't improve unless/until enough people on one or both sides have the balls to stand up and say "enough is enough".

No argument there, and I don't think it really exists at this point.

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

Yeah. There is no "hardcore left" of any import or influence in the U.S., no matter how much you insist on seeing "things". Much less are they in control of the Democratic party.

The backlash, the revulsion, against Trump is pretty universal, and I find it hard to differentiate between the revulsion of the centrists, and that of the moderate leftists.

There is no reason to seek approval for the fact that your stubborn determination to see "things" hasn't changed, that you've learned nothing except perhaps seeing "things" more vigorously, over the last 30 months.

There is something scurrilous about the perennial harping over a non-existent hardcore left, and a near complete silence over the Koch-fuelled prion disease that actually befell and took over the GOP. Not that it matters all that much on the planet of Seeing Things.
Sorry bonehead, did I interrupt something? Like you pontificating at someone else's expense? You seem obsessed with showing others the way since you know it all (see red above). Or the psychobabble you pitch from your easy chair (see blue above). I'm sure he has learned something and does not need YOUR approval and is probably smarter than you think you are.
There are people here who claim there is no hardcore Left and/or that PC/Identity Politics don't exist, and there are people here who claim there is no hardcore Right and/or that racism doesn't exist.

I don't know if they expect to be taken seriously, but it's certainly their prerogative to scream from the wings. It's the responsibility of the rest of us to be honest and try to move things in a positive direction.

I used to think they could be reasoned with, and brought into the conversation. I don't believe that any more.
Mac, this is a case of a blowhard trying to show off at your expense. I normally don't interfere, but this jackass sideswipes a lot of posters and my sense of fairness tells me he needs to be taken down a peg. After he stops, I promise to be positive.

That's a matter of personal opinion. For me personally, I think there is a line between comedy/satire and being part of the problem.

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

Yeah. There is no "hardcore left" of any import or influence in the U.S., no matter how much you insist on seeing "things". Much less are they in control of the Democratic party.

The backlash, the revulsion, against Trump is pretty universal, and I find it hard to differentiate between the revulsion of the centrists, and that of the moderate leftists.

There is no reason to seek approval for the fact that your stubborn determination to see "things" hasn't changed, that you've learned nothing except perhaps seeing "things" more vigorously, over the last 30 months.

There is something scurrilous about the perennial harping over a non-existent hardcore left, and a near complete silence over the Koch-fuelled prion disease that actually befell and took over the GOP. Not that it matters all that much on the planet of Seeing Things.
Sorry bonehead, did I interrupt something? Like you pontificating at someone else's expense? You seem obsessed with showing others the way since you know it all (see red above). Or the psychobabble you pitch from your easy chair (see blue above). I'm sure he has learned something and does not need YOUR approval and is probably smarter than you think you are.
There are people here who claim there is no hardcore Left and/or that PC/Identity Politics don't exist, and there are people here who claim there is no hardcore Right and/or that racism doesn't exist.

I don't know if they expect to be taken seriously, but it's certainly their prerogative to scream from the wings. It's the responsibility of the rest of us to be honest and try to move things in a positive direction.

I used to think they could be reasoned with, and brought into the conversation. I don't believe that any more.
Mac, this is a case of a blowhard trying to show off at your expense. I normally don't interfere, but this jackass sideswipes a lot of posters and my sense of fairness tells me he needs to be taken down a peg. After he stops, I promise to be positive.
Meh. No harm, no foul. He can scream from his wing all he wants.

No argument there, and I don't think it really exists at this point.

To a point Wall St. Journal but that is about it.

That's a matter of personal opinion. For me personally, I think there is a line between comedy/satire and being part of the problem.

Not for me. I think comedy and satire should be taken as such.

Okay, this is getting creepy.
threads of self praise often do that.
I didn't mean to trigger you Trumpsters.

Sorry.

Okay, I'm not really sorry.
the power you think you have is hilarious.

giphy.gif

About six weeks after he got into office (2/25/2017), I said the following in this thread: Will the Resistance fade?

Was I right?

Post 1:
What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Post 10:
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

Post 72:
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left. But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.

The whole issue is Trump took on the gods of Progressivism.

He in the only one that dared smash their gods but challenging the notion that the media is unbiased and fair, to challenge the very foundations of Academia as being unbiased and fair, to begin to fight back rather than stick his tail between his legs and take it like all others have done before him.

This next election will tell us a lot about the assumed power of the media and their propaganda machine. Trump already smashed the assumed way to run a Presidential campaign.

If no one wants to address the actual point of the thread, the mods can shut 'er down.

Since when do any of your threads have a point other than to promote yourself, to bash Trump or to refute any opinion differing from your desired outcome? We get that. Now we know your every next 1000 threads.
Great, then you'll know not to read them. Then you won't have a reason to bitch! Cool!
Oh no, the enjoyment one gets from bashing your shit is exhilarating. People like you who have no point to make are astounding. You play a similar type of shame game, you do it slightly different, than your condescension is off the charts.

Forum List

Back