🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Maybe I was right about Trump and the Democrats

1. I think the backlash against Trump was stronger and more vitriolic that many people thought it would be, or that it would still be going strong heading into the election year. True, he feeds the flames on a regular basis and the MSM have been throwing gasoline on the fire every chance they get, whether it's justified or relevant, or not. But geez, this is ridiculous. The divisiveness is really hurting this country and nobody is blameless.

2. It is also true that Trump stepped on a lot of toes within the GOP on his way to the nomination and the election and since then, the stupid bastard just can't keep his mouth shut. But, for better or worse that's who he is, an urban street-fighter who always hits back whether it's the smartest thing to do or not.

3. I do believe there is a strong group of moderates within the Dem Party and among Independents who are very tired of Trump, but are totally dismayed at any and all of the people running on the Dem side. Good grief, the nonsense they're peddling has to be an anathema to many, as well as a return to the bigger gov't and bigger spending Dems.

4. I do not see the whacked out far Right as having that much influence. Trump is a populist, isn't he?

5. Note to self: don't start a thread with 'maybe I was right'. Mac is a good guy though, maybe we should ease up a little.
For the record, I did start the thread title with "Maybe" and the OP with "Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff," so I erroneously figured I made it clear it wasn't some kind of big brag. So much for THAT idea, huh? :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful and civil response!

Should we leave you two alone? While you guys swap spit, I agree, you're not good Mac at predicting partisan political stuff thinly veiled to attempt to appear neutral, just merely generating it.
Never attempted to "appear neutral". Ever. And you nutters have tried that lie so many times that I added this to my sig long ago:

2. >>>
For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

I'm sorry I triggered you like this, but please get me out of your head.

1. I think the backlash against Trump was stronger and more vitriolic that many people thought it would be, or that it would still be going strong heading into the election year. True, he feeds the flames on a regular basis and the MSM have been throwing gasoline on the fire every chance they get, whether it's justified or relevant, or not. But geez, this is ridiculous. The divisiveness is really hurting this country and nobody is blameless.

2. It is also true that Trump stepped on a lot of toes within the GOP on his way to the nomination and the election and since then, the stupid bastard just can't keep his mouth shut. But, for better or worse that's who he is, an urban street-fighter who always hits back whether it's the smartest thing to do or not.

3. I do believe there is a strong group of moderates within the Dem Party and among Independents who are very tired of Trump, but are totally dismayed at any and all of the people running on the Dem side. Good grief, the nonsense they're peddling has to be an anathema to many, as well as a return to the bigger gov't and bigger spending Dems.

4. I do not see the whacked out far Right as having that much influence. Trump is a populist, isn't he?

5. Note to self: don't start a thread with 'maybe I was right'. Mac is a good guy though, maybe we should ease up a little.
For the record, I did start the thread title with "Maybe" and the OP with "Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff," so I erroneously figured I made it clear it wasn't some kind of big brag. So much for THAT idea, huh? :laugh:

Should we leave you two alone? While you guys swap spit, I agree, you're not good Mac at predicting partisan political stuff thinly veiled to attempt to appear neutral, just merely generating it.
Never attempted to "appear neutral". Ever. And you nutters have tried that lie so many times that I added this to my sig long ago:

2. >>>
For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

Soooo:
  1. You admit to being partisan.
  2. So many people have accused you of the same thing you've added a line about it, but STILL don't see the truth about yourself!
MAC, the guy marching in the parade who thinks everyone but him is out of step. :lmao:

2. >>>

Soooo:
  2. So many people have accused you of the same thing you've added a line about it, but STILL don't see the truth about yourself!
MAC, the guy marching in the parade who thinks everyone but him is out of step. :lmao:
And once again, a nutter has to put words in my mouth to make a "point".

Just fabricate whatever you want and claim victory. If it makes you feel better, I'm happy.

Instead of saying "hey, this works for America and let's move closer to this America First ideology, they decided that "to hell with what works. We just want power". That should concern the world. The U.S can fight the bad guys, nobody else can (or will).

It's always about power. The 'America First' ideology is simply bullshit sloganeering. Sloganeering does absolutely nothing. It doesn't put food in people's mouths or money in their pockets. Also, America is not the world's guardian, and we don't need to be acting like we are.

This means any described benefit for the average citizens decreases significantly as the real objective is power, not prescription or policies.

Duh.

Leaders must lead, for their constituents.

Duh. Our 'leaders' are more concerned with enriching themselves with money and holding on to their power than actually leading. All they do is campaign. They campaign more than actually fulfilling the requirements of their positions.

We are watching a global world that lacks leadership and it demanded an outsider of the highest order to expose it.

Triple duh. 'We are watching a global world'. WTF does that have to do with one country's leader? Lol. He's a hair brained moron with terrible diplomatic skills at best. He still thinks he's a reality show star. Certainly nothing to boast about.

Listen to all they talk about in the debates "I will give this group, free shyte! Vote for me!". Neither practical nor responsible.

Well, that's how it works in representative democracy. Politicians debating policy.

Really, what more perfect situation would it be than Donald Trump winning presidency in America.

Him not winning presidency in America? That was easy.

An already well known businessman, patriot and showman who is about as defiant as there is, and, running the most influential nation. It was perfect. Especially is defiance. He's as stubborn as a mule and it's helped him greatly in his vast support.

I think he's a weak, tacky, conman and have thought so for at least 30 years. He's brought nothing but disgrace to the office. He isn't defiant, he's lazy and incompetent. He thinks rules don't apply to him. His minority of Cult45 supporters are just as weak and tacky.

He understands this so well that he is making damned sure it stays this way. Thus, crushing China and putting back in line any nation, friend or foe, that exploits America, has to be done.

He's done nothing that a few executive orders from a new president can't cure.

2. >>>

Soooo:

Just fabricate whatever you want and claim victory. If it makes you feel better, I'm happy.

NUTTER, Definition: a person who goes around calling anyone who disagrees with or calls them out for the little games THEY play, a Nutter.

2. >>>

Soooo:

NUTTER, Definition: a person who goes around calling anyone who disagrees with or calls them out for the little games THEY play, a Nutter.
:itsok:

2. >>>

Soooo:

:itsok:

That's OK, Nutter. I understand you have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

About six weeks after he got into office (2/25/2017), I said the following in this thread: Will the Resistance fade?

Was I right?

Post 1:
What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Post 10:
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

Post 72:
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left. But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.

The wacked out left was already in control of the dem party before Trump even announced his candidacy. What rank and file democrat doesnt believe in extreme social justice and retribution against white America?

Admittedly, I'm not good at predicting partisan political stuff - Much of the time I don't know what I'm supposed to believe. But my concern when Trump first got into office was that things would go so nuts that the backlash would be strongest not from the rank-and-file Democrats, but from the hardcore Left. Then 2020 would end up being a race between the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum.

About six weeks after he got into office (2/25/2017), I said the following in this thread: Will the Resistance fade?

Was I right?

Post 1:
What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Post 10:
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

Post 72:
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left. But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.

The wacked out left was already in control of the dem party before Trump even announced his candidacy. What rank and file democrat doesnt believe in extreme social justice and retribution against white America?
Yes, the PC/Identity Politics madness had begun long before Trump's arrival. It just accelerated after it.

Yeah. There is no "hardcore left" of any import or influence in the U.S., no matter how much you insist on seeing "things". Much less are they in control of the Democratic party.

The backlash, the revulsion, against Trump is pretty universal, and I find it hard to differentiate between the revulsion of the centrists, and that of the moderate leftists.

There is no reason to seek approval for the fact that your stubborn determination to see "things" hasn't changed, that you've learned nothing except perhaps seeing "things" more vigorously, over the last 30 months.

There is something scurrilous about the perennial harping over a non-existent hardcore left, and a near complete silence over the Koch-fuelled prion disease that actually befell and took over the GOP. Not that it matters all that much on the planet of Seeing Things.

Yeah. There is no "hardcore left" of any import or influence in the U.S., no matter how much you insist on seeing "things". Much less are they in control of the Democratic party.

The backlash, the revulsion, against Trump is pretty universal, and I find it hard to differentiate between the revulsion of the centrists, and that of the moderate leftists.

There is no reason to seek approval for the fact that your stubborn determination to see "things" hasn't changed, that you've learned nothing except perhaps seeing "things" more vigorously, over the last 30 months.

There is something scurrilous about the perennial harping over a non-existent hardcore left, and a near complete silence over the Koch-fuelled prion disease that actually befell and took over the GOP. Not that it matters all that much on the planet of Seeing Things.
Sorry bonehead, did I interrupt something? Like you pontificating at someone else's expense? You seem obsessed with showing others the way since you know it all (see red above). Or the psychobabble you pitch from your easy chair (see blue above). I'm sure he has learned something and does not need YOUR approval and is probably smarter than you think you are.

Sorry bonehead, did I interrupt something? Like you pontificating at someone else's expense? You seem obsessed with showing others the way since you know it all (see red above). Or the psychobabble you pitch from your easy chair (see blue above). I'm sure he has learned something and does not need YOUR approval and is probably smarter than you think you are.
There are people here who claim there is no hardcore Left and/or that PC/Identity Politics don't exist, and there are people here who claim there is no hardcore Right and/or that racism doesn't exist.

I don't know if they expect to be taken seriously, but it's certainly their prerogative to scream from the wings. It's the responsibility of the rest of us to be honest and try to move things in a positive direction.

I used to think they could be reasoned with, and brought into the conversation. I don't believe that any more.

One could argue that eight years of BHO led America to elect DJT.
In general, yeah. The hardcore Left took Obama's first win as an indication that the battle was over, they they had won, and that PC and Identity Politics and increased government were the new way of the world. They jumped too soon, they pissed off just enough people, and now we have Trump.

In general, yeah. The hardcore Left took Obama's first win as an indication that the battle was over, they they had won, and that PC and Identity Politics and increased government were the new law. They jumped too soon, they pissed off just enough people, and now we have Trump.

You missed something. They attacked McCain and Romney personally and neither McCain nor Romney fought back. Trump fought back and earned his votes. He punched hard and the bullies did not like it. Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.

In general, yeah. The hardcore Left took Obama's first win as an indication that the battle was over, they they had won, and that PC and Identity Politics and increased government were the new law. They jumped too soon, they pissed off just enough people, and now we have Trump.

You missed something. They attacked McCain and Romney personally and neither McCain nor Romney fought back. Trump fought back and earned his votes. He punched hard and the bullies did not like it. Most of the media here no longer reports news to allow the people to gauge the narrative. Instead they try to tell you what to and how to think. The Media is the majority of the reason we are at one another’s throats.
They play a role, but so do Trump's behaviors. He's not a victim here, and his fans have cheered on his behaviors.

This doesn't improve unless/until enough people on one or both sides have the balls to stand up and say "enough is enough".

Was I right?

Post 1:

Post 10:

Post 72:
/——/ If Trump loses its goodbye America and hello Venezuela.
More like if Trump loses it is time to go to a baseball game to observe the new Congress.

2. >>>

Soooo:
admit to being partisan? are we not ALL partisan to our own views? you rag on him for pretending to be "neutral" then you rag on him for his saying you were wrong about what you "appeared" to have seen.

is it any wonder we're arguing 95% of the time in here.

Just admit it lunatic.

You are a communist. Everything is right wing to you.

Was I right?

Post 1:

Post 10:

Post 72:
This is like saying will a liar continue to lie.
We all knew what the response would be.....we just didn't think that they would become so reckless.
The extent of their depravity could not be imagined.
The lengths that they would be willing to go to hasn't been seen in this country since the Civil War.
But Democrats feel that they totally control the media....so they feel any lie will be ignored and no consequences are going to meted out.

Forum List

Back