McCain wants cruise missle strikes and to take out the Syrian airforce: he wants WWIII

Two likely scenarios for Syria -

1. We do nothing and a generation of Syrians are raised hating America for doing nothing.

2. We enter the war and the future generation of Syrians hate us for extending the war.
If this were a situation that could possibly be "won," Obama would have done it 4 years ago. Trump may rue the day he said Syria had crossed a bunch of lines.
We've all known he is a war mongering bastard who views the planet as a battlefield. Rand Paul was right. This is a seriously dangerous game he is playing because any military action against Assad will be declaring war not only on Syria, but on Russia and Iran.

I'm praying Trump wakes up and realizes he's being played with this false flag that Assad purposefully used chemical weapons against his people.

I believe Trump will wait and see what the UN has to say about using Sarin gas, a direct violation of international law.
That would definitely be the sanest thing at this point. The UN, if Russia doesn't stop it, could save our ass yet.
When push comes to shove, the Russians will show their true colors! They want Syria within their sphere of influence and will elbow everyone else out. They are dead set on having a warm water port in the Med for their Navy. Once they accomplish that, they will be the bully on the pond!

During the foreplay of the "joint cooperation" between Putin's Russia and the US with Obama as CiC, do you remember how Russia push our forces out of specific areas under Assad's control and just 'seemed' to be hitting the wrong targets which favored Assad goals. If we get drawn into this quagmire again, Russia will pull the same crap to satisfy their goals. There is a reason they have an airbase there that will likely harbor Syrian aircraft also keeping them safe from attack...wait and see this scenario develop over the next few months.

1. We do nothing and a generation of Syrians are raised hating America for doing nothing.

2. We enter the war and the future generation of Syrians hate us for extending the war.
If this were a situation that could possibly be "won," Obama would have done it 4 years ago. Trump may rue the day he said Syria had crossed a bunch of lines.
We've all known he is a war mongering bastard who views the planet as a battlefield. Rand Paul was right. This is a seriously dangerous game he is playing because any military action against Assad will be declaring war not only on Syria, but on Russia and Iran.

I'm praying Trump wakes up and realizes he's being played with this false flag that Assad purposefully used chemical weapons against his people.

I believe Trump will wait and see what the UN has to say about using Sarin gas, a direct violation of international law.
That would definitely be the sanest thing at this point. The UN, if Russia doesn't stop it, could save our ass yet.
When push comes to shove, the Russians will show their true colors! They want Syria within their sphere of influence and will elbow everyone else out. They are dead set on having a warm water port in the Med for their Navy. Once they accomplish that, they will be the bully on the pond!

During the foreplay of the "joint cooperation" between Putin's Russia and the US with Obama as CiC, do you remember how Russia push our forces out of specific areas under Assad's control and just 'seemed' to be hitting the wrong targets which favored Assad goals. If we get drawn into this quagmire again, Russia will pull the same crap to satisfy their goals. There is a reason they have an airbase there that will likely harbor Syrian aircraft also keeping them safe from attack...wait and see this scenario develop over the next few months.
But if the Russians were assured they could keep their bases in Syria even if Assad falls, why would they want to support Assad?

Bingo. It's all about their port.

Syria and Russia have been allies for decades. And Russia already has a port in Tartus. Going back to the 70's and they just signed a deal to keep the port for another 49 or 50 years.

I don't believe for one second that Russia would escalate to a WW or a conflict with the US over a fucking puppet state in Syria.
I don't particularly care for McCain but I won't write off his opinion so friviously

The Russians have a port in Syria. Only one in the Mediterranean. You don't think they're going to give it up over the US desire to overthrow Assad. And certainly Iran will not tolerate America installing a Sunni government ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood.

And McCain is a horrid old warmonger who sees the world as a battlefield and he's dangerous especially at this point in time.

Putin will not allow the US to seize their port in Tartus. Remember what happened when NATO thought they could muscle Russia out of their ports in Crimea? Didn't work out too well for NATO or the Ukraine.

Guess we will find out what the Russians think very soon. Seems we loosed a few cruise missiles.

But if the Russians were assured they could keep their bases in Syria even if Assad falls, why would they want to support Assad?
Can we say warm water port in the Med? Look at a map and consider the strategic implications!

Can we say warm water port in the Med? Look at a map and consider the strategic implications!
You didn't read my post. I said if the Russians were assured they could keep their bases. Yes, they'll keep their port, why not? It's important to them to have it, but there is no good reason for it to be important to us.

Syria and Russia have been allies for decades. And Russia already has a port in Tartus. Going back to the 70's and they just signed a deal to keep the port for another 49 or 50 years.
A supply facility at a port is not a naval port with port facilities. Ever been to a naval port facility and know what their function is regarding naval vessels and their upkeep needs? The Russians want a PERMANENT PORT FACILITY in the Med! Russian ships are pieces of shit and require constant upkeep and maintenance.

How did I know Putin's little mouthpiece would show up? :lol:

A supply facility at a port is not a naval port with port facilities. Ever been to a naval port facility and know what their function is regarding naval vessels and their upkeep needs? The Russians want a PERMANENT PORT FACILITY in the Med! Russian ships are pieces of shit and require constant upkeep and maintenance.
The Russians have had a full service naval port at Tartus for years. Why do you worry about a Russian port?

You didn't read my post. I said if the Russians were assured they could keep their bases. Yes, they'll keep their port, why not? It's important to them to have it, but there is no good reason for it to be important to us.
Your conclusion that a full blown permanent Russian naval port on the Med would be unimportant is absurd! Can we say strategically destabilizing? It would be a point of power projection! Don't bother applying for a job in the Pentagon!

Your conclusion that a full blown permanent Russian naval port on the Med would be unimportant is absurd! Can we say strategically destabilizing? It would be a point of power projection! Don't bother applying for a job in the Pentagon!
lol Ok, so you can't actually articulate what worries you about a Russian port at Tartus.

Putin will not allow the US to seize their port in Tartus. Remember what happened when NATO thought they could muscle Russia out of their ports in Crimea? Didn't work out too well for NATO or the Ukraine.
Now what, Comrade Tiny? Seems the orange clown finally realized what the Russians are up to.

The Russians have had a full service naval port at Tartus for years. Why do you worry about a Russian port?
That's horseshit!

Oct 2016;
"Russia will create a permanent naval base in Syria to expand its military footprint in its closest Middle East ally, a government official said on Monday, a week after Moscow said it was considering reopening Soviet-era bases in Vietnam and Cuba.

The move, announced by Russian Deputy Defence Minister Nikolai Pankov, is further evidence Russia is building up its capabilities in Syria despite a partial drawdown in March and another sign it is digging in for the long haul to help prop up President Bashar al-Assad."

More:
~~ Russia to build permanent Syrian naval base, eyes other outposts ~~

I'm long out of the US Navy but I keep up with the news of things of interest in that vein. I know the difference between a supply facility and a permanent port facility, rube! Go to Google Earth and give me the coordinates of the dry docks, slips and cranes at the Russian port facility that you claim the Russians have had at Tartus for years!

lol Ok, so you can't actually articulate what worries you about a Russian port at Tartus.
It's been articulated in such a manner that a person of average intellect could comprehend. You simply wish to pretend being an ignorant PIECE OF SHIT TO TRY AND CHANGE THE NARRATIVE. Time for you to piss off little one!

America stood up for our word & what we stand for tonight. Obama drew the line, Trump made good on it.

SHAME on EVERYONE who chose to play partisan games with this including you Tinydancer

Assad kicked the crap out of the terrorists Obama hired. It's a shame Obama gave billions of tax payer dollars to Iran to improve their weapons systems and continue their nuke program, not to mention their sponsorship of terrorists thugs.

That's horseshit!

Oct 2016;
"Russia will create a permanent naval base in Syria to expand its military footprint in its closest Middle East ally, a government official said on Monday, a week after Moscow said it was considering reopening Soviet-era bases in Vietnam and Cuba.

The move, announced by Russian Deputy Defence Minister Nikolai Pankov, is further evidence Russia is building up its capabilities in Syria despite a partial drawdown in March and another sign it is digging in for the long haul to help prop up President Bashar al-Assad."

More:
~~ Russia to build permanent Syrian naval base, eyes other outposts ~~

I'm long out of the US Navy but I keep up with the news of things of interest in that vein. I know the difference between a supply facility and a permanent port facility, rube! Go to Google Earth and give me the coordinates of the dry docks, slips and cranes at the Russian port facility that you claim the Russians have had at Tartus for years!
Specifically, why are you so worried about a Russian naval base at Tartus? Specifically, what is it you are afraid they will do?

Forum List

Back