🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

McConnell Wants the Filibuster Nuked

There have been 21 government shutdowns lasting more than 10 days in the past 4 decades. None resulted in chaos and Economic disaster.

You clowns have nothing but scare tactics.
All have cost money. Tens of millions

One even caused our credit rating to be downgraded.

In case you were wondering...that's a very bad thing

Has anyone pointed out that neither the filibuster nor debt ceiling are in the const?
Perhaps you could have read what i was responding to.
Its called "following the conversation" before jumping into it. :thup:

Polls show they do

And dropping approval ratings reinforce that
Polls are the opinions of a few based on a snapshot of the moment Sinema is not up for re-election till 2024 Manchin 2025 what the polls say in 2024 and 2025 will be far more relevant than those in October of 2021. One more point on polls President Biden had a much higher approval rating in January than he does now doesn’t mean it will be that way in 2024.

Last edited:
There have been 21 government shutdowns lasting more than 10 days in the past 4 decades. None resulted in chaos and Economic disaster.

You clowns have nothing but scare tactics.
Its the federal supremacist way

McConnell has admitted that it is hugely important to raise the Debt ceiling. He admits that it would be a disaster for the economy to not do so and yet he is using the filibuster to block the bill that would raise it.

He claims that Dems could use reconciliation (which under Senate rules can not be filibustered). The problem is that reconciliation is a huge bill and takes far more time than we have . McConnell knows this. He's an expert on Senate rules and procedures.

So what is he doing? He's gambling. He's pushing our economy to the edge of the financial cliff. He is betting that Republicans will take back Congress either in 2022 or 2024.

Dems are talking about "nuking" ONLY debt ceiling bills regarding the filibuster and leaving the rest in place. That would mean that Republicans can still block large parts of the Biden agenda.

McConnell will use that as an excuse to TOTALLY nuke everything and blame it on the Dems. That's what the cynical bastard did with Judicial Appointments. He blocked almost all of Obama's lower court judicial appointments and even Cabinet appointments. As a result Dems removed the filibuster for those appointments but left the filibuster in place for Supreme Court appointments.

McConnell used that as an excuse to nuke all judicial appointments. He'll do the same here

Dems will probably HAVE to nuke the filibuster for the debt ceiling but they'd be stupid to stop there. It will be gone anyway really soon and if THEY don't nuke it...they will have lost the opportunity to push through the Biden agenda.

Of course the stumbling point are the conservadems Sinema and Mancin who don't seem to know what party they represent.
5pgqp8.jpg

Polls are the opinions of a few based on a snapshot of the moment Sinema is not up for re-election till 2024 Manchin 2025 what the polls say in 2024 and 2025 will be far more relevant than those in October of 2021.

She's lying anyway.

Leech lies regularly, she never posts links to support her retarded claims, because she makes shit up out of thin air or repeats what she reads on fascist hate sites without bothering with the details. Fascist hate sites like CNN and KOS lie, providing flimsy evidence to get morons like Leech to repeat shit without any thought.

McConnell has admitted that it is hugely important to raise the Debt ceiling. He admits that it would be a disaster for the economy to not do so and yet he is using the filibuster to block the bill that would raise it.

He claims that Dems could use reconciliation (which under Senate rules can not be filibustered). The problem is that reconciliation is a huge bill and takes far more time than we have . McConnell knows this. He's an expert on Senate rules and procedures.

So what is he doing? He's gambling. He's pushing our economy to the edge of the financial cliff. He is betting that Republicans will take back Congress either in 2022 or 2024.

Dems are talking about "nuking" ONLY debt ceiling bills regarding the filibuster and leaving the rest in place. That would mean that Republicans can still block large parts of the Biden agenda.

McConnell will use that as an excuse to TOTALLY nuke everything and blame it on the Dems. That's what the cynical bastard did with Judicial Appointments. He blocked almost all of Obama's lower court judicial appointments and even Cabinet appointments. As a result Dems removed the filibuster for those appointments but left the filibuster in place for Supreme Court appointments.

McConnell used that as an excuse to nuke all judicial appointments. He'll do the same here

Dems will probably HAVE to nuke the filibuster for the debt ceiling but they'd be stupid to stop there. It will be gone anyway really soon and if THEY don't nuke it...they will have lost the opportunity to push through the Biden agenda.

Of course the stumbling point are the conservadems Sinema and Mancin who don't seem to know what party they represent.
The centrists aren't the only assholes in this with the progressives demanding an end to the Hyde Amend. And I won't fault anyone for not voting to expand a program when the program as it is isn't funded. That thinking seems to define progressives sometimes.

BUT to the larger point, why should either party be able to fillibuster the debt ceiling when spending and taxing bills have not been subject to fillibuster for decades? It shouldn't even apply.

I've read that over 40 gop senators would agree with nuking it for budget bills, but McConnell wants to "force difficult votes." He was fine with democrats upping the debt ceiling for gop tax cuts with more spending. My hope is that Biden is just trying to milk every ounce of hypocrisy and gamesmanship out of the cynical bastard, and then they'll just nuke it for reconcilliaiton bills.

I think McConnell woudl be fine with totally eliminating the fillibuster, but I don't think he's got 49 gop votes. And the weakest spineless pathetic award should go to Collins and her "compromise" of raising the fillibutster if dems abandon their bill. LOL Maybe she's got "inside scoop" of Kegger's vote to abolish Roe, too. LOL

Perhaps you could have read what i was responding to.
Its called "following the conversation" before jumping into it. :thup:
oh i was following it. But you were going along with the bs that this is some "fundamental" change. Maybe I should have linked my response to an earlier post, but I thought you'd have pointed out the fallacy if you were following the thread.

oh i was following it. But you were going along with the bs that this is some "fundamental" change. Maybe I should have linked my response to an earlier post, but I thought you'd have pointed out the fallacy if you were following the thread.
Fundamental change? WTF are you talking about? All i did was call out his disingenuous post.
You really need to stop drinking so much.

God help us all if the Biden agenda gets pushed through. TOTAL DISASTER!

I believe you are entirely correct.

If we "nuke" the filibuster we need to ask ourselves "what will the republicans do when they get back in the majority"? Whether it happens in 22 or later, it is gonna happen again eventually, and they are just gonna go completely ape-fucking-shit like they did with judicial appointments.

The only way this works is if we do it first.

Your biggest concern should be if Republicans decide to impeach Biden when they take the House. No evidence is necessary. That precedent was already set by the Democrats. I would hope that Republicans won’t be as childish and partisan as the Democrats, but who knows.

Maybe they want all of that maybe they don’t this is another problem people who don’t live in a state claiming they know what the voters in the state want. Manchin has represented West Virginia for a long time I suspect he knows what the voters of his state want better than message board partisans want same with Sinema though she has not represented Arizona as long. Smart politicians know unless you are running for President politics is local not national if the voters in their respective state are unhappy with them they can vote them out personally I don’t see that happening.
Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sinema and Manchin's opposition is solely due to the demands of their donors....not their base voters...

Which is why Sinema and Manchin can't even tell you what they want cut from the bill....

Which is why Sinema can't go stand in front of her voters and tell them why she doesn't want them to have universal daycare, permanent child tax credit, expanded Medicare coverage for seniors..and she damn sure can't tell them why she doesn't want basic infrastructure to be approved

Forum List

Back