Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white

I said Biker gangs? And calling them victims? Then crying that the news doesnt care about white "victims".

Try to keep up

Again, they were as much "victims" as Michael Brown was.

Because you are a racist, you make a distinction between black thugs and white thugs. I do not. Good riddance to the lot of them.

Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white - Vox

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Over the weekend, a shootout between three rival biker gangsat a bar in Waco, Texas, left at least nine gang members dead and 18 others hospitalized with gunshot and stab wounds.

It was a huge, devastating tragedy. The New York Times reported that law enforcement sources called it "the worst violence in the Waco area since the siege on the Branch Davidian compound in 1993 that left 86 people dead."

With the Waco incident, we got just the news — not the racial pathology
Those who are using what happened in Waco to start conversations about stereotypes and media biases against black people aren't complaining about the tenor of this weekend's media coverage. They're saying something a little different: thatby being pretty reasonable and sticking to the facts, this coverage highlights the absurdity of the language and analysis that have been deployed in other instances, when the accused criminals are black.

"9 killed in Waco biker gang shootout - where are the white leaders decrying this white-on-white violence?" #stuffthemedianeversays

Hey @CNN and @FoxNews: Are you gonna talk about white on white crime tonight. Waco is plagued with biker gang violence.

I blame Sons of Anarchy for glorifying white-on-white biker gang violence. #Waco #TwinsPeakShooting

Where are Dick Cheney and Newt Gingrich when their country needs them? This white violence must cease!!! #StopWhiteOnWhiteCrime

Another line of commentary that's predictable in media coverage and commentary surrounding violence involving black people has to do with black cultural pathology.

Politicians and pundits are notorious for grasping for problems in African-American communities — especially fatherlessness — to explain the kind of violence that, when it happens in a white community, is treated as an isolated crime versus an indictment of an entire racial group's way of life.

Has Rand Paul blamed the fatal shooting in Waco on the "lack of fathers," for in that community, yet?
if they were black, it wouldn't have made the news b/c it happens so often.

and you actually know this

Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white - Vox

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Over the weekend, a shootout between three rival biker gangsat a bar in Waco, Texas, left at least nine gang members dead and 18 others hospitalized with gunshot and stab wounds.

It was a huge, devastating tragedy. The New York Times reported that law enforcement sources called it "the worst violence in the Waco area since the siege on the Branch Davidian compound in 1993 that left 86 people dead."

Those who are using what happened in Waco to start conversations about stereotypes and media biases against black people aren't complaining about the tenor of this weekend's media coverage. They're saying something a little different: thatby being pretty reasonable and sticking to the facts, this coverage highlights the absurdity of the language and analysis that have been deployed in other instances, when the accused criminals are black.

"9 killed in Waco biker gang shootout - where are the white leaders decrying this white-on-white violence?" #stuffthemedianeversays

Hey @CNN and @FoxNews: Are you gonna talk about white on white crime tonight. Waco is plagued with biker gang violence.

I blame Sons of Anarchy for glorifying white-on-white biker gang violence. #Waco #TwinsPeakShooting

Where are Dick Cheney and Newt Gingrich when their country needs them? This white violence must cease!!! #StopWhiteOnWhiteCrime

Another line of commentary that's predictable in media coverage and commentary surrounding violence involving black people has to do with black cultural pathology.

Politicians and pundits are notorious for grasping for problems in African-American communities — especially fatherlessness — to explain the kind of violence that, when it happens in a white community, is treated as an isolated crime versus an indictment of an entire racial group's way of life.

Has Rand Paul blamed the fatal shooting in Waco on the "lack of fathers," for in that community, yet?

No one was killed in Fergueson or Baltimore. News all over.

Game over

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Game over
ohhh, your op is a complete and utter lie.

comparing biker gangs killing each other verses riots is not the same thing.

thread fail, liar

I blame Texas Governor Abbott

He was all prepared to fight off the Obama invasion but got caught with his pants down by a bunch of bikers

Game over

So, you are trying to compare apples and rat turds? :eek:

Ferguson was a race riot with massive property damage.

Baltimore was a race riot with massive property damage.

Waco was a gang fight with no property damage and no one involved other than the white and Mexican gangs fighting over turf.

^^^ Everyone listen up...Murder is not the same as a riot. I know thats complicated but two thumbs is here to help

^^^ Everyone listen up...Murder is not the same as a riot. I know thats complicated but two thumbs is here to help
a lie is a lie is a lie.

the riot mess is on going and the Waco issue is over except the trials.

but you're a leftist, and someone had to tell you to think these situations compare, so you're stuck with being a liar.

a lie is a lie is a lie.

but you're a leftist, and someone had to tell you to think these situations compare, so you're stuck with being a liar.

heres some more "knowledge" from Two Nubs

prisons don't take away freedom, the criminals actions see to that.

Wow, this guy is uber smart

Game over

Waco was a gang fight with no property damage and no one involved other than the white and Mexican gangs fighting over turf.

Are you going to also point out that no one was wearing a leather vest in Baltimore also?

Because 9 people dead and 190 arrested with hundreds of weapons confiscated seems a little more extreme...just sayin

They found chains, knives and brass knucks and not one of them had their back broken on the way

AWESOME

I crushed the op so bad he's got to wander off to other threads to flame me.

pussy, just apologize for lying.

oops, you can't, your a leftist and are unable to man up.

a lie is a lie is a lie.

Is it over? Really? Because the police down there have received numerous significant death threats, presumably from gang members.

Are you going to also point out that no one was wearing a leather vest in Baltimore also?

I have no idea if anyone wore a leather vest in Baltimore, nor is it in any way relevant.

You're just a racist, desperately trying to mold an isolated criminal act into something it is not, to excuse bad behavior by rioters,

Because 9 people dead and 190 arrested with hundreds of weapons confiscated seems a little more extreme...just sayin

They found chains, knives and brass knucks and not one of them had their back broken on the way

Again, good riddance to the dead, and may the arrested serve long terms.

NOW go after the fucks in Baltimore, I want 1000 arrests there - with jail terms.

Game over

Yep...and the cops in Baltimore didnt break anyone's back either. Trial will show that...if it even makes it that far.

Cops killed some of the violent bikers. They arrested...probably more than Baltimore did. They showed up with big "militarized" rifles and MRAPs. They brought huge force...and swiftly brought justice. Actually. ..they treated these bikers more harshly than the Baltimore or Fergy protesters. And they should...this biker incident was more deadly and violent than throwing rocks. Cops responded accordingly. ..by shooting several.

So I assume your main issue is with the media coverage. ..right?

AWESOME

I crushed the op so bad he's got to wander off to other threads to flame me.

pussy, just apologize for lying.

oops, you can't, your a leftist and are unable to man up.

I flamed you in both. You ran. Your bad

I have no idea if anyone wore a leather vest in Baltimore, nor is it in any way relevant.

You're just a racist, desperately trying to mold an isolated criminal act into something it is not, to excuse bad behavior by rioters,

Again, good riddance to the dead, and may the arrested serve long terms.

NOW go after the fucks in Baltimore, I want 1000 arrests there - with jail terms.

What you want doesnt matter. No one died in Baltimore and you cried for days.

9 die here, 190 arrests and hundreds of weapons taken and you go "Yeah but Baltimore!!!"

Forum List

Back