Median Household Incomes D O W N under Obama! I Do Mean D-O-W-N

From the actual study by the same company referenced by IBD, Sentier Research::

According to new data derived from the monthly Current Population Survey (CPS), median annual household income in July 2014 was $54,045, not significantly different from the June 2014 median of $53,940. (The apparent increase of $105 was not statistically significant.) (Income amounts in this report are before - tax money income and have been adjusted for inflation; income amounts are expressed in July 2014 dollars and have been seasonally adjusted, unless otherwise noted.) Notwithstanding this most recent lack of change, real median annual household income has shown some improvement since the low point in our household income series that occurred in August 2011. Median income in July 2014 ($54,045) was 1.7 percent higher than in July 2013 ($53,140), and 4.2 percent higher than in August 2011($51,843).

Median household income took a massive hit as a result of the meltdown and the momentum of that hit lasted until mid to late 2011. Since then we are improving including adjustments for inflation. Not nearly as quickly as we would like, but we are improving. Anyone who is actually in the economics/finance industry - well, those of us who actually make a living analyzing and acting on data, that is - knows this.

Source: http://www.sentierresearch.com/reports/Sentier_Household_Income_Trends_Report_July2014_09_03_14.pdf

You mean people in the economics business like this former CHIEF ECONOMIST for Joe Biden????????????? LMAO

He says exactly what the OP says. His statement was carried by MSNBC and the W Post.

Please continue to make a fool of yourself.

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP MSNBC

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP

Jared Bernstein, former Chief Economist for Vice President Biden and Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, joins Alex Witt to explain why the good news this week from the Commerce Department that U.S. corporations reached record profits in the second quarter means little for consumers.

So now we're going to move from the demonstrably flawed OP to another source.

I'll take this deflection as an admission, thanks.

Now, to your video. The one you provide in your link.

At 1:15, this liberal economist with whom you are now so impressed says, "the good news is that even though it's come down, recently it's started to reverse and we're seeing some progress as the job market improves, so it's not as gloomy as maybe that headline sounds".

I'm sensing a trend here. You see a simplistic headline and you simplistically run with it.

You're no economist.

According to new data derived from the monthly Current Population Survey (CPS), median annual household income in July 2014 was $54,045, not significantly different from the June 2014 median of $53,940. (The apparent increase of $105 was not statistically significant.) (Income amounts in this report are before - tax money income and have been adjusted for inflation; income amounts are expressed in July 2014 dollars and have been seasonally adjusted, unless otherwise noted.) Notwithstanding this most recent lack of change, real median annual household income has shown some improvement since the low point in our household income series that occurred in August 2011. Median income in July 2014 ($54,045) was 1.7 percent higher than in July 2013 ($53,140), and 4.2 percent higher than in August 2011($51,843).

Median household income took a massive hit as a result of the meltdown and the momentum of that hit lasted until mid to late 2011. Since then we are improving including adjustments for inflation. Not nearly as quickly as we would like, but we are improving. Anyone who is actually in the economics/finance industry - well, those of us who actually make a living analyzing and acting on data, that is - knows this.

Source: http://www.sentierresearch.com/reports/Sentier_Household_Income_Trends_Report_July2014_09_03_14.pdf

You mean people in the economics business like this former CHIEF ECONOMIST for Joe Biden????????????? LMAO

He says exactly what the OP says. His statement was carried by MSNBC and the W Post.

Jared Bernstein, former Chief Economist for Vice President Biden and Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, joins Alex Witt to explain why the good news this week from the Commerce Department that U.S. corporations reached record profits in the second quarter means little for consumers.

At 1:15, this liberal economist with whom you are now so impressed says, "the good news is that even though it's come down, recently it's started to reverse and we're seeing some progress as the job market improves, so it's not as gloomy as maybe that headline sounds".

I'm sensing a trend here. You see a simplistic headline and you simplistically run with it.

You're no economist.

Yeah, you're right. Just like Biden's Chief Economist saw a simplistic headline and ran with it. LOL.

Every notable economist has said the same thing: MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD INCOME has DROPPED.

This includes left leaning and right leaning.

Oh, that's right.....you didn't know there were left leaning economists. You thought there were right leaning and then unbiased.

LMAO.

Every one of your subsequent posts makes you look like a bigger idiot.

I may have to break out champagne with the thrills I get running up my leg reading your stupid ass posts.

:clap2::clap:

You're no economist.

So now you're pretending you didn't see several different sources Kaz showed you? LMAO.

I guess that's because he also kicked your head in when he posted them. Not on purpose, of course.....just the superiority of his posts flattened you like a bug.

:)

Silly, simplistic OP smashed.

Fraud outed.

Next.

Fraud outed.

Next

Thanks for your late admission about being a fraud. Better late than never to admit what a total idiot you are that can't tell the difference between MEAN and MEDIAN. LOL.

How did you ever get into ............

Wait a minute, you've never had ANY econ classes, have you?????

That's why you didn't answer my question.

What a poser

As usual, I've TROUNCED your stupid ass, Macky. You'd think you'd know better.

Once again for you slow LIBS:

THE OP IS SPOT ON.

:dance:

Incomes will continue to drop. This President opened the Border floodgates. Jobs will be scarce and wages will drop significantly. The competition for even the lowest paying jobs will be extremely intense. And not to mention, what do you do with all these families crossing the Border? How's a family of five gonna survive on McDonalds and Walmart wages? How will they do it? The future doesn't look bright.

Except that the Median income has increased for the past 3 years and are expected to continue to rise........But good luck at the Gloom and Doom festival......

Boo, you're one of the few libs I like on this board. Why do you repeat something so clearly false? It's been proven with left and right sources in just this thread alone.

Like I said earlier in the thread. Median income continued to drop after recession was considered over until 2011. Since then they have been rising. Doesn't mean they have recovered to pre-recession levels, but I predict they will.

Median income is on the rise ... finally - Aug. 20 2014

US Median Income Rises But Not To Pre-Recession Levels

Median household income in the United States has risen for the past three years, a sign that the recovery from the recession is finally beginning to take hold.

A new report by Steiner Research shows median income climbing 3.8 percent to $53,891 in June. The gains, however, are not enough to make up for the drop suffered during the recession, with the median still 4.8 percent below where it was in December 2007, when the recession began.

You predict they'll get back to pre-recession levels....I predict we'll have a serious market correction. This bubble WILL burst.

So does that mean you except the fact that the median household income in the United States has risen for the past three years in a row, or are you still denying it?

That's like me making $50 million in my company and my buddy who started the same day with same investment making $10million....and you wanting to give him credit for making another million while I make half million.

I'm STILL doing better with the resources than he is. That's the point.

Plus the economy's about to get worse.

That's like me making $50 million in my company and my buddy who started the same day with same investment making $10million....and you wanting to give him credit for making another million while I make half million.

I'm STILL doing better with the resources than he is. That's the point.

Plus the economy's about to get worse.

Regardless, the information I provided on the 3 straight years of increased household median income was not false.

EconChic has been predicting that the economy will get worse for quite some time now. Unless she puts a time frame on it....the predictions are meaningless. Eventually, it will get worse. It doesn't take an economist to make that prediction.

What is the median household income at the present time in America?

My competitor that's only bringing in 10K gross while I bring in 50K gross in revenue can brag all day about his last three years having been an increase but I'm still winning the competition hands down.

$50,000 is far greater than $10,000

EconChic has been predicting that the economy will get worse for quite some time now. Unless she puts a time frame on it....the predictions are meaningless. Eventually, it will get worse. It doesn't take an economist to make that prediction.

The current median income...which is supposedly at it's absolute best that Obama can do.........is far below Bush's best, which was $4000 better than Obama's best.

There is a $4000 difference in median income between what Bush could achieve and what Obama could achieve.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Silly, simplistic OP smashed.

Fraud outed.

Next.

Dammit. I was so hoping I really am the King of Siam.:mad-61:

dziid3.jpg

The current median income...which is supposedly at it's absolute best that Obama can do.........is far below Bush's best, which was $4000 better than Obama's best.

There is a $4000 difference in median income between what Bush could achieve and what Obama could achieve.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

What is it, economist? What is the number?

The only Bush median income number that is remotely relevant here is the one for December 2008. If that was below the best Bush number....then the OP could very well have been posted about him.

Yes?

The only Bush median income number that is remotely relevant here is the one for December 2008. If that was below the best Bush number....then the OP could very well have been posted about him.

Yes?

You're an idiot. You don't even know what median income is. No one takes you seriously, moron.

I only engage you when I want you to be my useful idiot and bump the thread. LOL

By all means....keep bumping it with allllllllllll the questions you want.

Forum List

Back