Median Household Incomes D O W N under Obama! I Do Mean D-O-W-N

Median income 2009: $54,059
Median income 2013: $51,939

Looks down to me

Real Median Household Income in the United States - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Look at that chart, they've moving back up. The chart I posted says the same thing.

Household incomes dropped terribly with the meltdown, that momentum lasted a while, and the inference of the thread is that they're still going down.

The OP is dishonest, regardless of how many personal insults, vulgarities, multiple posts and exclamation points she uses.

Says the idiot who doesn't know difference between MEAN and MEDIAN.

Your cred was ruined early in this thread, Macky. But thanks for bumping.

You're welcome.

Clearly you haven't quite figured out why I'm more than happy to bump your thread.

I'm confident that, at some point, you'll begin to demonstrate the intelligence you're trying so desperately to convince us exists.

Dude, I have one goal. It's to drum morons that think like you out of office. In three weeks I will get my wish.

You can take that to the bank, princess.

Anddddddddddddd you still showed what an idiot you are by showing a graph with the MEAN instead of the MEDIAN income............and I will never let you live that down, genius.

:)

Goal.....with you doing something....or wish....with you sitting here with your thumb up your ass?

The median income in this country is up. And I mean U-P!

Incomes will continue to drop. This President opened the Border floodgates. Jobs will be scarce and wages will drop significantly. The competition for even the lowest paying jobs will be extremely intense. And not to mention, what do you do with all these families crossing the Border? How's a family of five gonna survive on McDonalds and Walmart wages? How will they do it? The future doesn't look bright.

Except that the Median income has increased for the past 3 years and are expected to continue to rise........But good luck at the Gloom and Doom festival......

With this President opening the Border floodgates, it's gonna get real rough. How does a family of five or six crossing our border, survive on McDonalds and Walmart wages? We already have several Million American Citizens struggling to survive. Now this President is adding several more Million. How do these people survive?

As the economy continues to improve once again undocumented worker will find many jobs here in America that American simply will not do. You've been predicting this gloom and doom stuff for years now, how long do we have to wait before it all comes crashing down now that the economy is steadily improving?

What are all those jobs Americans won't do? And how much do they pay? Is it enough for a family of five or six crossing the border, to survive on? What i'm saying is, the competition for even the lowest paying jobs is gonna get extremely intense.

And what do we do with all the people who won't be working, or the ones working for miserably low wages? This President opening the Border floodgates has made an existing problem so much worse. The future is bleak. Sorry, but it is what it is.

I guess it comes as a shock to you that illegal immigration last year was at a 40 year low.

Illegal Immigration At 40-Year Low But US-Mexico Border Still Kills Hundreds

He's opened the Border floodgates. You're only living in denial believing otherwise. And go on and list all those jobs Americans won't do. And how much do they pay? Because those are the jobs most Americans and Illegals will depend on in the future.

The competition for low wage jobs is gonna be fierce. And that will just drive the wages even lower. So how are all these people crossing our border gonna survive? Are you seriously counting on McDonalds & Walmart wages to support them?

"Economists say “the official unemployment rate underestimates economic pain,” explained Henderson, “since it doesn't include people who have stopped looking for work or who are barely getting by with part-time or low-paying jobs.”

"More specifically, the official unemployment rate is currently 5.9 percent but include as unemployed those are who are jobless but have stopped looking for employment and those who are working part-time but are seeking full-time work and the unemployment rate more than doubles to 12.6 percent."

"The average number of food stamp beneficiaries per month increased from 33.5 million in 2009 to 46.5 million in 2014, reports the Department of Agriculture, a measure, as Henderson describes, of the expanding pain due to persistent and rising underemployment."

"Irwin reports that Sentier Research used census data to tabulate the median household income — how much is earned by families at the exact middle of the nation’s income distribution. In June 2014, Sentier found the median household income was $53,891, down from $55,589 in inflation-adjusted dollars when the economic expansion began in June 2009."

"“The researchers broke down the shift in median income by type of family,” reports Irwin. “And the steepest declines, with median income off 10.4 percent in the last five years, is in families with three or more children.” Not exactly a great night at the fireworks"

What Obama Didn t Say About the Economy The American Spectator

Poor LL.

Incomes will continue to drop. This President opened the Border floodgates. Jobs will be scarce and wages will drop significantly. The competition for even the lowest paying jobs will be extremely intense. And not to mention, what do you do with all these families crossing the Border? How's a family of five gonna survive on McDonalds and Walmart wages? How will they do it? The future doesn't look bright.

Except that the Median income has increased for the past 3 years and are expected to continue to rise........But good luck at the Gloom and Doom festival......

Boo, you're one of the few libs I like on this board. Why do you repeat something so clearly false? It's been proven with left and right sources in just this thread alone.

Like I said earlier in the thread. Median income continued to drop after recession was considered over until 2011. Since then they have been rising. Doesn't mean they have recovered to pre-recession levels, but I predict they will.

Median income is on the rise ... finally - Aug. 20 2014

US Median Income Rises But Not To Pre-Recession Levels

Median household income in the United States has risen for the past three years, a sign that the recovery from the recession is finally beginning to take hold.

A new report by Steiner Research shows median income climbing 3.8 percent to $53,891 in June. The gains, however, are not enough to make up for the drop suffered during the recession, with the median still 4.8 percent below where it was in December 2007, when the recession began.

You predict they'll get back to pre-recession levels....I predict we'll have a serious market correction. This bubble WILL burst.

Absolutely. And this time there won't be any Bailouts. Either for the Corporations or the People. It really is a bizarre irony that only the Wall Street Fatcats have prospered under this current President's reign. Especially considering him and his Communist/Progressive sycophants are supposed to hate Wall Street.

Remember all those OWS wankas who used to frequent this Board? Where'd they go? Some of em have actually come back to the Board now boasting about record Wall Street profits. I guess it's desperate times for the Obamabots. Boasting about Wall Street profits is all they have left. But you are correct, the bubble will burst.

Boo, you're one of the few libs I like on this board. Why do you repeat something so clearly false? It's been proven with left and right sources in just this thread alone.

Like I said earlier in the thread. Median income continued to drop after recession was considered over until 2011. Since then they have been rising. Doesn't mean they have recovered to pre-recession levels, but I predict they will.

Median income is on the rise ... finally - Aug. 20 2014

US Median Income Rises But Not To Pre-Recession Levels

Median household income in the United States has risen for the past three years, a sign that the recovery from the recession is finally beginning to take hold.

A new report by Steiner Research shows median income climbing 3.8 percent to $53,891 in June. The gains, however, are not enough to make up for the drop suffered during the recession, with the median still 4.8 percent below where it was in December 2007, when the recession began.

You predict they'll get back to pre-recession levels....I predict we'll have a serious market correction. This bubble WILL burst.

Absolutely. And this time there won't be any Bailouts. Either for the Corporations or the People. It really is a bizarre irony that only the Wall Street Fatcats have prospered under this current President's reign. Especially considering him and his Communist/Progressive sycophants are supposed to hate Wall Street.

Remember all those OWS wankas who used to frequent this Board? Where'd they go? Some of em have actually come back to the Board now boasting about record Wall Street profits. I guess it's desperate times for the Obamabots. Boasting about Wall Street profits is all they have left. But you are correct, the bubble will burst.
Evidently you and many others can't see the writing on the wall, you can't see the forest for the trees, one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing, A sad state of affairs.. Because what politicians and businessmen say in public, is not always what their true intentions are...
It is sad and frustrating to see the end result of their red herrings in public and the ditto heads in the masses argue and fight over every word, while in private the elite ruling class in the US laugh at us and enjoy their laugh all the way to the bank..

Okay sorry to interrupt, argue away...

Looks down to me

Look at that chart, they've moving back up. The chart I posted says the same thing.

Household incomes dropped terribly with the meltdown, that momentum lasted a while, and the inference of the thread is that they're still going down.

The OP is dishonest, regardless of how many personal insults, vulgarities, multiple posts and exclamation points she uses.

You're welcome.

Clearly you haven't quite figured out why I'm more than happy to bump your thread.

I'm confident that, at some point, you'll begin to demonstrate the intelligence you're trying so desperately to convince us exists.

Here, let's remind everyone of you getting your ass kicked to kingdom come....and that's by a friend no less.

Here's Kaz schooling you in post #164.

Gawd I love replaying this:

Hi Mac,

Your graph didn't contradict the discussion. First of all, it it based on nominal income, not real income. Second, it's based on mean income, not median income.

1) It's based based on nominal income not real income: Note that from 2006 to present the line has ticked up slightly in the graph for the middle percent. Nominal dollars erode in value with inflation. All my articles, and I believe econchicks, are based on real dollars, which means inflation adjusted. Your slight up tick would be a clear down tick in spending value if you add inflation.

2) You are showing mean income. The difference is for mean income that you take all salaries and divide them. With mean income, you take the 50 percentile person and look at their salary. Income is not a normal distribution, higher salaries pull the mean up more than low salaries bring them down. That's intuitive if you think about how a guy who makes $10,000,000 clearly would pull the average income up than a guy who makes $5,000 would pull it down.

The articles we (EconChick) and I are showing are not just right, they are mixed. None of the articles by liberals have contradicted them. They spin the data differently.

That the median income for the middle citizen has gone down under Obama is a clear and indisputable stat that the spending power of most Americans is going down. If the public understood that, it would be devastating for the Democrats no matter how much they try to pin it on Bush. Who left office six years ago.

Ooops, Mac, that's YOU getting your ass handed to you.

But by all means, keep bumping my thread.

Happy to bump your thread.

I'll say it one last time, and I suspect it won't matter, since you evidently "haven't seen" it the other times I've said it.

Household income obviously decreased as a result of the Meltdown. What you and IBD are choosing not to admit is that such a decrease does not stop on a dime and turn around when the worst of the disaster is over. There is going to be a period of momentum in which the income continues to decrease.

This is precisely what happened, and yes, it happened after Bush left office. No one is arguing that.

The fact remains, however, that it has begun to increase. Is it lower than in 2009 or 2010? Sure as hell could be, I'd trust that data. But what you're obviously trying to do is blame Obama for that fact. Your call, since I don't like Obama's economic policies I'm not going to defend them. But since you're a standard, run of the mill hardcore partisan ideologue, you're going to continue this silly game because you think it somehow gives you an advantage.

I wonder what you're like in real life. You can't possibly be this ridiculous and nasty.

Well, on the other hand, who knows.

Looks down to me

They're down under Obama. They're down since 2009. Even Huffington acknowledges Obama's a failure and has driven median incomes down.

Median Income Falls For 5th Year Inequality At Record High

They began falling in 2008 during the Bush Recession. They continued to fall until mid 2011. They have been rising ever since.

Care to dispute that?

I will start here.

-Geaux

=========================

WASHINGTON (AP) — Most Americans will pay higher federal taxes in 2013, even though the tax package Congress passed New Year's Day will protect 99% of Americans from an income tax increase.

About 77% of American households will face higher federal taxes in 2013 under the agreement negotiated between President Obama and Senate Republicans, estimates the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington research group.

That's because even though just 1% of households will pay higher income taxes, an increase in federal payroll taxes will hit nearly every wage earner, the Tax Policy Center says.

Households earning between $40,000 and $50,000 a year face an average tax increase of $579 in 2013, according to the Tax Policy Center's analysis. Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 a year face an average tax hike of $822.

Deal means taxes will rise for most Americans

Two points:

1. Wasn't that because the payroll tax CUT expired?

2. If it was a tax increase, your link says Obama AND Senate Republicans made an agreement.

How many Republican Senators promised not to raise taxes?

lol

If I were a republican I might actually care.

Obama raised taxes. Another lie form the Liar in Chief

-Geaux

Is that really all you got there gofirt? The FICA tax that should have never been fucked with, that "cut" EXPIRES and you want to claim Obama increased taxes. Along with Senate Republicans.

Like I say gofirit, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT. Good lord boy, you as weak as econochicky.

I'm in good company as my observations are clear. EconChick takes you guys to the woodshed on a daily basis.

-Geaux

Hey G!

Weeeee take those bottom dwellers to the woodshed every day. LOL.

Like shooting fish in a barrel when the fish have no math skills. Or are indoctrinated like pinky. Fun isn't it???

Dayyyummm I'm loving life watching libs get completely demoralized and pummeled when even leftie economists admit how screwed up O's policies are.

Yeah sure, like picking up a downed football, screaming "Fumble" and running it into the endzone, then spiking the ball yelling "Touchdown" while breaking into your happy dance. Until of course when the umpire grabs the ball, points the other way and says "First down. Play ball." All the other players just laugh.

Looks down to me

You're welcome.

Here, let's remind everyone of you getting your ass kicked to kingdom come....and that's by a friend no less.

Hi Mac,

Your graph didn't contradict the discussion. First of all, it it based on nominal income, not real income. Second, it's based on mean income, not median income.

1) It's based based on nominal income not real income: Note that from 2006 to present the line has ticked up slightly in the graph for the middle percent. Nominal dollars erode in value with inflation. All my articles, and I believe econchicks, are based on real dollars, which means inflation adjusted. Your slight up tick would be a clear down tick in spending value if you add inflation.

2) You are showing mean income. The difference is for mean income that you take all salaries and divide them. With mean income, you take the 50 percentile person and look at their salary. Income is not a normal distribution, higher salaries pull the mean up more than low salaries bring them down. That's intuitive if you think about how a guy who makes $10,000,000 clearly would pull the average income up than a guy who makes $5,000 would pull it down.

The articles we (EconChick) and I are showing are not just right, they are mixed. None of the articles by liberals have contradicted them. They spin the data differently.

That the median income for the middle citizen has gone down under Obama is a clear and indisputable stat that the spending power of most Americans is going down. If the public understood that, it would be devastating for the Democrats no matter how much they try to pin it on Bush. Who left office six years ago.

I'll say it one last time, and I suspect it won't matter, since you evidently "haven't seen" it the other times I've said it.

Household income obviously decreased as a result of the Meltdown. What you and IBD are choosing not to admit is that such a decrease does not stop on a dime and turn around when the worst of the disaster is over. There is going to be a period of momentum in which the income continues to decrease.

This is precisely what happened, and yes, it happened after Bush left office. No one is arguing that.

The fact remains, however, that it has begun to increase. Is it lower than in 2009 or 2010? Sure as hell could be, I'd trust that data. But what you're obviously trying to do is blame Obama for that fact. Your call, since I don't like Obama's economic policies I'm not going to defend them. But since you're a standard, run of the mill hardcore partisan ideologue, you're going to continue this silly game because you think it somehow gives you an advantage.

I wonder what you're like in real life. You can't possibly be this ridiculous and nasty.

For the umpteenth fucking time, economists on the LEFT and right are saying the same thing I am.

You're such an idiot. How many times do I have to post this video of Joe Biden's Chief Economist saying the same thing? The Washington Post and MSNBC have also admitted the same thing.

So all of a sudden you're smarter than all these notables that actually agree on something on the left and right????

No you are not. You're an idiot with an ego problem that just can't admit when you're wrong.

And also a stupid one that can't tell the difference between Median and Mean.

But by all means....keep bumping this thread. I will continue to crucify your lying ass.

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP MSNBC

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP

Jared Bernstein, former Chief Economist for Vice President Biden and Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, joins Alex Witt to explain why the good news this week from the Commerce Department that U.S. corporations reached record profits in the second quarter means little for consumers.

Oh, and so much for your pathetic, " But since you're a standard, run of the mill hardcore partisan ideologue" bullshit lie that I've just demolished you with when I keep showing you all the leftie sources.

IDIOT

You're welcome.

Hi Mac,

For the umpteenth fucking time, economists on the LEFT and right are saying the same thing I am.

You're such an idiot. How many times do I have to post this video of Joe Biden's Chief Economist saying the same thing? The Washington Post and MSNBC have also admitted the same thing.

So all of a sudden you're smarter than all these notables that actually agree on something on the left and right????

No you are not. You're an idiot with an ego problem that just can't admit when you're wrong.

And also a stupid one that can't tell the difference between Median and Mean.

But by all means....keep bumping this thread. I will continue to crucify your lying ass.

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP MSNBC

Median household income down despite jump in Q2 GDP

Jared Bernstein, former Chief Economist for Vice President Biden and Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, joins Alex Witt to explain why the good news this week from the Commerce Department that U.S. corporations reached record profits in the second quarter means little for consumers.

So American workers produced more, but got a smaller share.

Oh, and so much for your pathetic, " But since you're a standard, run of the mill hardcore partisan ideologue" bullshit lie that I've just demolished you with when I keep showing you all the leftie sources.

IDIOT

Gosh, I disagree with some economists. If you were actually an economist - which you are not - you would know that there are well-known economists on different sides of virtually every economic topic.

You behave like a petulant, 7 year old boy who isn't getting enough attention from Mommy & Daddy.

Grow the fuck up.

IDIOT

Gosh, I disagree with some economists. If you were actually an economist - which you are not - you would know that there are well-known economists on different sides of virtually every economic topic.

You behave like a petulant, 7 year old boy who isn't getting enough attention from Mommy & Daddy.

Grow the fuck up.

Not with this level of agreement, dumbass.

So, I see you're still too insecure to admit you're wrong.

The only insecure, low self esteem little boy here is you.

Let me ask you straight out. Why did you reference a MEAN chart when this thread is about MEDIAN???????

Next. You wanna compare econ backgrounds? How many degrees do you have in economics?

I'll wait.

I'm waiting for ALLLL those economic academic credentials of yours.

I'm waiting.

And ooops, I do believe I saw you cuss like a sailor.

LOL

Holier than thou always gets outted.

Don't rush, Macky, I know YOU are not an economist. And you sure as hell aren't any good at math.

It's great if the 1% will trickle on you..

What would be great is if those who think someone that has more owes them something would spend half as much time bettering themselves as they do demanding someone else give them something.

Forum List

Back