Memorial Day: If You Served...Let Folks Know.

somebody please tell this imbecile that Memorial Day is about THE DEAD!!!!

Veteran's Day is what this moron is thinking about

JEsus Christ, Good Gawd, America produces such nitwits

Stay classy.

Everyone knows the difference, but people tend to honor living vets as well on MD.

Only imbeciles honor living Veterans on Memorial day. It is disrespectful to the dead

Not exactly true. It's true the primary honoring is for the dead both in war and regular deaths. However, there's nothing wrong with extending honor and good wishes to live, serving Veterans in the hope they come home safely.

By the way, Veterans should be honored 365 days a year for serving. Non-veterans should also be honored for supporting.

Only imbeciles honor living Veterans on Memorial day. It is disrespectful to the dead

Wow, seriously dude, you're gonna go with this ?

somebody has to.

I'm outta here. Class and respect demand it
You're out of line about this, Dante. Look at the title of the thread. Memorial Day is for tending veterans graves and placing flowers and flags on their graves. It's also time for recognizing and honoring veterans.

somebody please tell this imbecile that Memorial Day is about THE DEAD!!!!

Veteran's Day is what this moron is thinking about

JEsus Christ, Good Gawd, America produces such nitwits

Stay classy.

Everyone knows the difference, but people tend to honor living vets as well on MD.

What would you know about honor, class, or respect? Although, you may know a lot about beign an imbecile.

With the exception of Myself and one Uncle, everyone I listed has passed into the afterlife..

You? Just brain dead and still typing.

Last edited:
Stay classy.

Not exactly true. It's true the primary honoring is for the dead both in war and regular deaths. However, there's nothing wrong with extending honor and good wishes to live, serving Veterans in the hope they come home safely.

By the way, Veterans should be honored 365 days a year for serving. Non-veterans should also be honored for supporting.

Thank you. That was my intent. And btw....thank you again for your service in Vietnam.

Tend to remember the dead and veterans in April on ANZAC day or April 25th; the day before that I remember the Armenian Genocide on April 24th. Both of my grandfathers fought in ww2. My NZ grandfather served as a cook, but he was captured by the Japanese and was forced to work in a concentration camp - if he hadn't survived that I wouldn't be here.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Today is a day to remember those who gave their all, not those who served.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

It's still nice to thank those who are still alive.

So: THANK YOU ALL!

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Every day is a day to honor our veterans.

I was Air Force, USSTRATCOM.

Today is for these men and women:

arlington_national_cemetery.jpg

This thread is a nice thought and I expect to get negs on this, but Memorial Day is specifically for the Fallen Soldiers and ought to be kept that way. We have Veteran's Day for people like my dad who served during the Korean War, and my Uncle who piloted a troop carrier at D-Day.

I have the utmost respect for servicemen and women, but also am one who believes that traditions should always be observed as intended.

Veteran's Day is actually Armistice Day to commemorate the soldiers of WW I. Let's not get lost in definitions.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

It's still nice to thank those who are still alive.

So: THANK YOU ALL!

Yes thank all who served; Memorial Day was enacted to remember those who died while serving. As those who served and survived are not thanked enough, thank you today also. In memory of a disabled Vet who died March 5, 2014-THANK YOU FOR SERVING DONA SUE NO-NO! Miss you, sister beast.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Bodecea

USN, 1977-1999...C-130 aviator, Retired O-5.

And to recognize my wife, retired Navy, my father-in-law, retired Navy, and my father, USAF Korean War vet and currently very ill.

Last edited:
Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Bodecea

USN, 1977-1999...C-130 aviator, Retired O-5.

And to recognize my wife, retired Navy, my father-in-law, retired Navy, and my father, USAF Korean War vet and currently very ill.

Wishing the best to you, your wife, & family.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

But we also recognise those who served. At least at all the ceremonies I've been to over the years.

Forum List

Back