Memorial Day: If You Served...Let Folks Know.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Today is a day to remember those who gave their all, not those who served.

But we also recognise those who served. At least at all the ceremonies I've been to over the years.

That's true, and rightfully so IMHO. I was part of a ceremony today at a large cemetery. I did the opening and closing prayers emphasizing those who fell in battle, but I also mentioned the Veterans who had died and the ones living who served or is now serving. After all, they all have or had the POTENTIAL of dying in war.

Best to you and yours.:eusa_angel:

Today I honor the memory of a friend who is my personal hero, Cyril Richard "Rick" Rescorla. I knew Rick from June 1965 until 9/11/2001. He was a great leader, an inspiration to his men and to all who knew him.
During his life we all called him "Hard Core". After his death he is known as "The Man Who Predicted 9/11". He died as he lived, leading people through danger to safety until the South Tower of the WTC collapsed around him. For those interested here is a Wikipedia link. There are numerous other links about him as well, especially when googling LZ X-RAY and LZ ALBANY.

Rick Rescorla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Me? United States Navy, active duty from July 1982 until August 2002, retired as a Personnelman First Class.

People that I lost along the way?

An E-3 by the name of Tony on my very first ship, a tugboat got too close to the crew while they were painting the side of the ship and he was sucked under the boat.

PN3 Eric Dew, he died while playing basketball during PRT time (either a stroke or a heart attack, we never found out).

SK3 Jamie L. Fallon. Was stationed with her onboard the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5), and typed her transfer to go to the Pentagon. She was killed in the 9/11 attack, because the aircraft went straight through where here office was.

Fortunately, over a 20 year career, those are the only 3 I knew well that didn't make it.

Wow, seriously dude, you're gonna go with this ?

somebody has to.

I'm outta here. Class and respect demand it

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
What a prick. There was nothing wrong with showing some extra respect for vets. Everyone knows the reason for MD, but in the end it's still about people who serve or served living or not, and it doesn't hurt anyone to have a thread like this.
[MENTION=42777]DigitalDrifter[/MENTION] the one with Digital Demnetia

My Dearest confused troll, who said there was anything WRONG with showing some extra respect for vets? No one.

And NOT Everyone knows the reason for MD. :(

In the end it's still about people who died. It's called Memorial Day, not Veteran's Day

Wow, seriously dude, you're gonna go with this ?

somebody has to.

You're out of line about this, Dante. Look at the title of the thread. Memorial Day is for tending veterans graves and placing flowers and flags on their graves. It's also time for recognizing and honoring veterans.

Veterans Day is time for recognizing and honoring veterans.

somebody has to.

You're out of line about this, Dante. Look at the title of the thread. Memorial Day is for tending veterans graves and placing flowers and flags on their graves. It's also time for recognizing and honoring veterans.

Every day is Veterans Day in my book and it's not because I am one. Question: What seems to be your major malfunction?

Every day is Veterans Day in my book and it's not because I am one. Question: What seems to be your major malfunction?

You just don't get it our hyper patriotic friend. It's nout about YOU.

The national holidays are set aside for specific purposes. Imbeciles like you may try and hijack things, you may even succeed, but it doesn't make you correct or more patriotic. It exposes you for what you are

Hoss, he appears to be just another OCDing subversive like old Pogo Stick.... seems we have several terminal cases of OCD in the subversives that post here.

Hoss, he appears to be just another OCDing subversive like old Pogo Stick.... seems we have several terminal cases of OCD in the subversives that post here.

Hey nitwit, in any debate that was outside of your misanthropic and sophomoric style, you wouldn't last a page of posts with Dante

The national holidays are set aside for specific purposes. Imbeciles like you may try and hijack things, you may even succeed, but it doesn't make you correct or more patriotic. It exposes you for what you are
Just skip it.

Just skip it.

Never dissed your service

and

remember

Move On is more than just a dot org

Hey nitwit, in any debate that was outside of your misanthropic and sophomoric style, you wouldn't last a page of posts with Dante

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: yes terminal SPS, a well known trait on subversives and mass murders that play video games and have the want to be an Alpha male! God, this retard thinks he's the subversives answer to GOD! Pathetic little child, that carries a thesaurus! Oh, the entertainment never stops with these golliwogs!

Moron is talking about Video Games?

jesus, what an idiot

You don't play with REAL guns, do you? If so, we should notify the FBI that we may have another So. Cal shooter in our presence!

But since you used Jesus, I find it highly improbable that you could be religious, and still such an deranged little dweeb.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Memorial Day isn't for those that simply served, it's for remembering and honoring those that gave their lives serving.

Don't confuse this day with Veterans Day, it makes you look ...well.... stupid.

10290600_10152848701853942_4325182604106087387_n.jpg

Whilst serving my country in the Republic of Vietnam in 1970-71, was in a position to be aware of all the soldiers who were wounded and killed. And died.

My unit was MACV - an advisory unit that worked with RVN soldiers near Danang.

We had three deaths in my unit during the 15 or so months I was over there. Two were self-inflicted and one was simply a random occurrence when a soldier was doing his business in an outhouse, and the outhouse was destroyed by an enemy rocket. There was so little of his body remaining that he was never positively identified, and he remains to this day, "Missing In Action."

Although I was awarded a Bronze Star Medal, an Army Conduct Medal, a Good Conduct Medal, and the other bullshit that everybody got, I was no hero, or even a particularly good "soldier." I'm not being modest, only truthful.

God bless my unfortunate comrades who actually had to fight, got wounded, or most of all got killed in that savage, pointless "police action." Fifty thousand plus, at latest count.

Historically, this country has sent primarily "kids" into combat, knowing that they lack the judgment to know how stupid war is. With our All Volunteer Army though, the solders are older and wiser, and they more or less demand to be given the kinds of equipment and support that minimize the chances of getting killed. Thus, in the aggregate 20 years or so of fucking around in Iraq and Afghanistan, the combat deaths are only about a tenth of the number killed in Korea and Vietnam (respectively).

But humanity will never learn the ultimate lesson. People continue to get killed for either no reason at all, or for stupid reasons, and "we" are powerless to stop it. Watch today as Ukrainians fight and die over which incompetent, corrupt government they will be subject to. Jesus.

But regardless, the global effect of radical Islam is a pox on humanity, responsible for 80% of the senseless killing in the world, today and for the past 40 years at least. Eradicating them bastards would be one cause worth fighting for.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Memorial Day isn't for those that simply served, it's for remembering and honoring those that gave their lives serving.

Don't confuse this day with Veterans Day, it makes you look ...well.... stupid.
I spent time yesterday going to an old cemetery and cleaned up 3 neglected veteran's graves and decorated them with small flags and flowers. We went shopping at Lowes and Walmart and whenever I saw a veteran I went up to them, thanked them for their service, all the while looking.....well.....stupid. But I did it anyhow while some people spent the day on USMB, berating people for thanking veterans who didn't meet the requirement of being killed. Dingleberries, looking....well....stupid, wouldn't you say?

Forum List

Back