Memorial Day: If You Served...Let Folks Know.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Memorial Day isn't for those that simply served, it's for remembering and honoring those that gave their lives serving.

Don't confuse this day with Veterans Day, it makes you look ...well.... stupid.
I spent time yesterday going to an old cemetery and cleaned up 3 neglected veteran's graves and decorated them with small flags and flowers. We went shopping at Lowes and Walmart and whenever I saw a veteran I went up to them, thanked them for their service, all the while looking.....well.....stupid. But I did it anyhow while some people spent the day on USMB, berating people for thanking veterans who didn't meet the requirement of being killed. Dingleberries, looking....well....stupid, wouldn't you say?

Thanking a vet for his/her service isn't stupid and should be done every day, but thinking Memorial Day is about veterans is stupid, the day is to honor those that have died fighting for our freedoms....period.

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

I thought Memorial Day was intended as a day of remembrance for those who had fallen, while Veteran's Day was the day intended to honor those who had served or are currently serving.

Least ways that's how I understood it...

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

I thought Memorial Day was intended as a day of remembrance for those who had fallen, while Veteran's Day was the day intended to honor those who had served or are currently serving.

The military folks here know what the procedures are. They do both regardles of PFCs complaining.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

The military folks here know what the procedures are. They do both regardles of PFCs complaining.

Point out where the OP mentioned anything about remembering those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

In my attempt to educate her, you had to pipe in with your bullshit. There is a clear distinction about the purpose of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. You can honor the vets every day of the year but this one day is dedicated to those that have died in battle and the least we can do is recognize that fact by honoring them and not lumping them in with vets that haven't paid the price that they have. They deserve better!

Point out where the OP mentioned anything about remembering those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

In my attempt to educate her, you had to pipe in with your bullshit. There is a clear distinction about the purpose of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. You can honor the vets every day of the year but this one day is dedicated to those that have died in battle and the least we can do is recognize that fact by honoring them and not lumping them in with vets that haven't paid the price that they have. They deserve better!
For what it's worth, a lot of us were killed in Vietnam by Agent Orange. We just haven't died yet. Slow poison, y'know.

It's mind boggling to me that someone would take the time to post a put down of someone for thanking all vets on Memorial Day.

The OP is aware of the difference between MD and VD, we all are aware. It was a nice gesture, and not intended to be disrespectful in any way. I for one think it was a nice touch, and well received by nearly all except for a few dimwits.

It's mind boggling to me that someone would take the time to post a put down of someone for thanking all vets on Memorial Day.

The OP is aware of the difference between MD and VD, we all are aware. It was a nice gesture, and not intended to be disrespectful in any way. I for one think it was a nice touch, and well received by nearly all except for a few dimwits.

Bullshit!

If the idiot was aware then she would have said something about the fallen. She didn't.

Don't cover for stupid people.

Bullshit!

If the idiot was aware then she would have said something about the fallen. She didn't.

Don't cover for stupid people.
BHO went to Afghanistan to thank the troops. What do you have to say about that? You and a couple others here seem to resent live veterans.

My intent was to show my appreciation and thanks to living vets. The ones who died for our Country are not around for me to offer my thanks.

I know not what anyone else posted, and my post was not meant to demean, I was looking to clarify my understanding of the two holidays...

Forum List

Back