Men in women's bathrooms

You are not answering the question... Where does the feeling of loss of privacy come from?
From the 17 million rape survivors and their expectations when disrobing behind doors marked "women" outside. God you ask the easiest questions.

Their triggers and PTSD doesn't give a rat's ass if the man in there with them is gay, straight, in a dress, heels or doing a handstand with pinwheels on his feet. Their privacy is ironclad. If the door says "women" then that is ALL who is allowed behind it.
Point taken, you are standing up for rape victims, I can understand that... How do you think a rape victim would feel about walking into a bathroom or locker room and seeing this girl? Is that what you think should happen?

View attachment 75187

This is the result of your "ideology." If it weren't for your PC crap, these people would not be looking like this.
yet again you make an argument without any knowledge or understanding of what you are talking about. You make conclusions from your own personal experiences and realities.
Question: Imagine you have a friend or child with this disorder and the choice was to support their transition or face their suicide... which would you choose?

That's because they are being "encouraged" in their delusions. Was this a problem 40, 50, 100 years ago?

Nobody see's the world the exact same way, we are all individually different. That sense that you have that you are a man comes from somewhere... Imagine you had that same sense/feeling but you were in a woman's body... That is how GID victims describe the psychology behind it. Are you denying that this is possible? You keep making a biological argument, but this is a psychological and sociological issue

When I was a child I actually felt like I was a bird. I was up on the roof with cardboard wings when my parents came home and hastily pulled me down. Are you denying that it is possible for me to feel like a bird? You keep making the biological argument, but this is a psychological and sociological issue.

I really felt like a bird. I can still fly in my dreams. But luckily people didn't enable me and gently guided me to understand that humans don't fly. So now I'm well adjusted and feel like a human.
Yeah, I used to be superman and fly around my room, I can relate... However, you do understand that not everybody is exactly like you... You were able to adjust, either through good parenting, self discipline, adaptation etc. Can you accept that there is a percentage of people who are unable to make that adjustment? Whether it be boys who are told they need to like girls... They try but it never settles... or Boys that identify with girls and feel like they are in the wrong body...

I'm all for supporting research, education, and therapies to help people with this disorder and in some cases they make an adjustment back to "normal" others may not make that adjustment. What then? We can alienate or accept... thus the difference between you and I

Delusion is not the correct term. It's called Gender Identity Disorder... You should look it up, read some stories, learn what children go through, learn about what treatments are in place, what struggles these people go through, how many suicides and self harm they experience.... Get some objectivity so there is a basis behind your arguements. Right now your statements read like you know little to nothing about the flip side of the coin

A man looks between his legs and sees a penis and testicles. He is a typical Xy male in all respects. But then he declares "I'm really a woman!" And he is not delusional?

That's a hard sell bro. And, nobody's buying it. Elephants are elephants. Goats are goats. Pyramids are pyramids. Males are males.

Some people are definitely buying it though, sad to say. Instead of these people getting the therapy they need to help them deal with their issues, they are offered dangerous surgeries and hormones. It's just like giving an anorexic liposuction.
They go through extensive therapy for years before reaching that point... how many times do I need to say it? EDUCATE YOURSELF. You sound very ignorant

Years of extensive therapy, huh? Says you! Nowadays, they are recommending these treatments to CHILDREN. No?
No, my girl is a licensed Psychologist and works in the school system with children. I'm very aware of how they treat children and adults with this disorder... A transition is a very long process and hormones/surgery is a last resort

Nobody see's the world the exact same way, we are all individually different. That sense that you have that you are a man comes from somewhere... Imagine you had that same sense/feeling but you were in a woman's body... That is how GID victims describe the psychology behind it. Are you denying that this is possible? You keep making a biological argument, but this is a psychological and sociological issue

When I was a child I actually felt like I was a bird. I was up on the roof with cardboard wings when my parents came home and hastily pulled me down. Are you denying that it is possible for me to feel like a bird? You keep making the biological argument, but this is a psychological and sociological issue.

I really felt like a bird. I can still fly in my dreams. But luckily people didn't enable me and gently guided me to understand that humans don't fly. So now I'm well adjusted and feel like a human.
Yeah, I used to be superman and fly around my room, I can relate... However, you do understand that not everybody is exactly like you... You were able to adjust, either through good parenting, self discipline, adaptation etc. Can you accept that there is a percentage of people who are unable to make that adjustment? Whether it be boys who are told they need to like girls... They try but it never settles... or Boys that identify with girls and feel like they are in the wrong body...

I'm all for supporting research, education, and therapies to help people with this disorder and in some cases they make an adjustment back to "normal" others may not make that adjustment. What then? We can alienate or accept... thus the difference between you and I

They need intensive therapy and not drugs and surgeries. It is CRUEL to feed their delusions. You don't do that with other mental disorders, and it shouldn't be done with this one either.

Delusion is not the correct term. It's called Gender Identity Disorder... You should look it up, read some stories, learn what children go through, learn about what treatments are in place, what struggles these people go through, how many suicides and self harm they experience.... Get some objectivity so there is a basis behind your arguements. Right now your statements read like you know little to nothing about the flip side of the coin

A man looks between his legs and sees a penis and testicles. He is a typical Xy male in all respects. But then he declares "I'm really a woman!" And he is not delusional?

That's a hard sell bro. And, nobody's buying it. Elephants are elephants. Goats are goats. Pyramids are pyramids. Males are males.

Some people are definitely buying it though, sad to say. Instead of these people getting the therapy they need to help them deal with their issues, they are offered dangerous surgeries and hormones. It's just like giving an anorexic liposuction.
They go through extensive therapy for years before reaching that point... how many times do I need to say it? EDUCATE YOURSELF. You sound very ignorant

Years of extensive therapy, huh? Says you! Nowadays, they are recommending these treatments to CHILDREN. No?
No, my girl is a licensed Psychologist and works in the school system with children. I'm very aware of how they treat children and adults with this disorder... A transition is a very long process and hormones/surgery is a last resort

Well then, tell us, how could a CHILD have gone through "years and years" of therapy? You are wrong. They are recommending this type of hormonal therapy to children.

It's simply because they are taking the lazy way out. They want to prescribe drugs and surgery to fix everything nowadays, instead of focusing on the core problem.

Thankfully, there are SOME reputable psychiatrists left (at the expense of their own reputations and careers because of this PC nonsense) who will come out and say the truth. Like the former Chief of Psychiatry at John Hopkins. The man has guts to stand up to the PC nonsense that has flooded our society.

Well then, tell us, how could a CHILD have gone through "years and years" of therapy? You are wrong. They are recommending this type of hormonal therapy to children.

It's simply because they are taking the lazy way out. They want to prescribe drugs and surgery to fix everything nowadays, instead of focusing on the core problem.
You have no clue or basis for what you say, and you are way off base... I'm done arguing with you... Stop reading partisan hit pieces for your information and put some time into really learning about an issue before you fart out shit opinions

You have no clue or basis for what you say, and you are way off base... I'm done arguing with you... Stop reading partisan hit pieces for your information and put some time into really learning about an issue before you fart out shit opinions

So, how can a child have undergone "years and years" of therapy?

They go to therapy for a year and then they do it again... repeat... What kind of question is that?

They go to therapy for a year and then they do it again... repeat... What kind of question is that?

That is not "years and years" of therapy.

And I haven't put out any "hit pieces."

(CNSNews.com) -- Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

(CNSNews.com) -- Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
Wonderful... I'm glad you are starting to do some research... Keep going, there is a lot to learn. Try googling "Transgender children" and reading some stories and learning about the therapy and treatments they go through. They even have videos if you don't like to read long paragraphs.

Wonderful... I'm glad you are starting to do some research... Keep going, there is a lot to learn. Try googling "Transgender children" and reading some stories and learning about the therapy and treatments they go through. They even have videos if you don't like to read long paragraphs.

You said they go through "years and years" of therapy in order to reach the stage of "transition." That is obviously not the case when you start feeding children hormones at the age of 16, an age where it is totally NORMAL to perhaps be confused about your sexuality and sexual feelings, idiot.

You said they go through "years and years" of therapy in order to reach the stage of "transition." That is obviously not the case when you start feeding children hormones at the age of 16, an age where it is totally NORMAL to perhaps be confused about your sexuality and sexual feelings, idiot.
Im the idiot, really? Show me an example of a kid at 16 receiving hormone treatment with little to no therapy, without living and dressing and undertaking the lifestyle of the gender they identify with for YEARS... Link please.

Im the idiot, really? Show me an example of a kid at 16 receiving hormone treatment with little to no therapy, without living and dressing and undertaking the lifestyle of the gender they identify with for YEARS... Link please.

When Transgender Kids Transition, Medical Risks are Both Known and Unknown

The now-Supreme Court justice continued, “Separate places to disrobe, sleep, perform personal bodily functions are permitted, in some situations required, by regard for individual privacy.”

Read more: Ginsburg In 1975: Separate Bathrooms Are ‘In Some Situations Required’
Put into your own words... What aspects of a transgender in your restroom is violating your privacy?

The loss of privacy.
You are not answering the question... Where does the feeling of loss of privacy come from?

Traditionally the separation of men and women has both social and biological reasons. The social aspect stems off attraction and pursuit on a sexual level. Ie. Boys like girls, boys see girls naked and go wild with hormones. A girls sexuality and how she presents it to the opposite sex is a very private thing.

It begs the question... Does a woman feel more comfortable undressing next to a gay man who has no attraction towards her or next to a gay woman who does have a sexual attraction towards her?

You seem to think everyone should have the same comfort/ privacy level.

That's absurd.

At a minimal, and yes a minimal level, the sign on the door should represent what the room is actually meant to be.

We have no duty to provide for anyone who uses cosmetic surgery to be something that IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE.

You want to be Elvis, and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to look like the King. Go for it, not a single person has a duty to treat you as anything more than what you were before wasting that money.
Out of curiosity... Do you think undressing in a locker room next to a gay guy is an invasion of your privacy?

If I choose to enter a locker room with the sign on the door "Men", I have been given adequate notice that my right to privacy is limited by that sign.

That is why the sign exists in the first place.

You can have your wrong opinion all you want to. I'm just asking if they are qualified to make the claim that being trans is an "unhealthy delusion".

What's the recommended treatment for this "unhealthy delusion"?

OK, and where is your psychology degree from?

BTW, you may want to do some basic research on what a message board is since you post on one regularly ...

I'm not the one ascribing mental illness to people.

Actually you do that all the time, so where did you get your Psychology degree? It's your standard.

Oops, you don't have any degree ...

No, I ascribe mental illness to Trump voters. They aren't people.

Oh, and no, I don't have a degree. I joined the military instead of going to college. Don't regret it for a second.

Where were you headed? Harvard? Stanford? MIT?

The military. It's where I knew I wanted to go from about 8th grade.

I'm moving my comments from another thread to this one. The other thread has been invaded by flame zoners. I'm sure it will be moved to the Flamer Zone soon enough, and I wanted to discuss some of my opinions on this issue with people who are interested in having a discussion.

First of all . . .

Suicide rates are exponentially higher now than they were in the 1950s and before then. Why do you all think that is?

Do you think perhaps it is because the "focus" has shifted from what can I do to be a better "person" into what can I do to make myself into a specific gender or what can I do that makes ME happy? Selfishness and total focus on only yourself and things like gender, instead of focus on your community and what you can do to help others?

Forum List

Back