Mexico is Legalizing 'It' and Will Become Largest Weed Market Essentially Overnight

This is hyuuuuge news to harm the cartels and will also be interesting in the US and Canadian markets as well......while we sitting here debating it in the US, Mexico just snuck up and whooped our butts.

Can you provide the financial numbers for your claim ?

After all, you have a lot of local growers in the U.S.

Somehow I suspect that legalizing it will only create more demand for coke and other hard drugs as people move up from pot.
That is not what happens we already know. Not the GOP base of course.

What do we already know ?
Legalization of marijuana does not lead to more hard drug use.

I know you meant to attach a link supporting your claim.

But you forgot.

So did I.

Here are a few that I looked up:

Which say that, while many suggestions have obviously been made about ways marijuana may act as a "gateway" drug for a limited number of people in this way or that, way more research is needed. I.E. they STILL got nothin' of substance other than too much water can kill ya, so fear, fear, fear!

Net societal cost benefit/loss math?

The stupid virtue-signalling patriarchal politicians have been slowing American progress for at least a decade now.

Perhaps this will help push them forward.

lol legalizing dope is 'progress'???lol lol lol well according to black culture' learning to read and write and do arithmetic is 'acting white' and anyone who does any of that deserves to be shot to death by their fellow 12 year olds, so why get in the way of their 'progress'? People who think legalizing pot is some Great Social Achievement or something probably don't have many brain cells left anyway.
I don't know about the social achievement part, but it may well eliminate the illegal weed market, and help states balance their budgets and take care of their residents' needs more efficiently.
By the way, anyone know if Mexican weed is any good? Back in the day, it was not known to be good at all.
Ahhhhh the 70's Mexican weedo. People hadn't figured out yet that you take away the male plants and harvest before they do the birds and the bees thingey.

I would say weed back then was about 2-5% THC. Some were ok. Usually an ounce less the ton of stems and seeds would be half that. Some duded would scoop a cup of seeds in their ounces....lol At our Weed Store you can get shit up to 35% THC...lol

NOW!!!!. Every so often the Panama Red or Gold weed came in................Now that shit knocked you on your ass. Too much and you would be so paranoid you wouldn't move on the couch for an hour...lol
I remember a night with some sort of Gold that left us unable to even talk for awhile--totally knocked on our asses, immobile and staring vacantly while thoughts looped around and bit their own tails. It was Mexican.

This is hyuuuuge news to harm the cartels and will also be interesting in the US and Canadian markets as well......while we sitting here debating it in the US, Mexico just snuck up and whooped our butts.

Somehow I suspect that legalizing it will only create more demand for coke and other hard drugs as people move up from pot.
That is not what happens we already know. Not the GOP base of course.

What do we already know ?
Legalization of marijuana does not lead to more hard drug use.

I know you meant to attach a link supporting your claim.

But you forgot.

So did I.

Here are a few that I looked up:

Which say that, while many suggestions have obviously been made about ways marijuana may act as a "gateway" drug for a limited number of people in this way or that, way more research is needed. I.E. they STILL got nothin' of substance other than too much water can kill ya, so fear, fear, fear!

Net societal cost benefit/loss math?

I am not invested in the outcome.

I simply posited that it might be one of the reasons the cartels could see this as a nothing burger.

That combined with the fact that U.S. grows a lot of it's own.

I don't know how much a lb of MJ is worth, but I'd guess you'd need a lot of it to equal the worth of a lb of cocaine.

The stupid virtue-signalling patriarchal politicians have been slowing American progress for at least a decade now.

lol legalizing dope is 'progress'???lol lol lol well according to black culture' learning to read and write and do arithmetic is 'acting white' and anyone who does any of that deserves to be shot to death by their fellow 12 year olds, so why get in the way of their 'progress'? People who think legalizing pot is some Great Social Achievement or something probably don't have many brain cells left anyway.
I don't know about the social achievement part, but it may well eliminate the illegal weed market, and help states balance their budgets and take care of their residents' needs more efficiently.
By the way, anyone know if Mexican weed is any good? Back in the day, it was not known to be good at all.
Ahhhhh the 70's Mexican weedo. People hadn't figured out yet that you take away the male plants and harvest before they do the birds and the bees thingey.

I would say weed back then was about 2-5% THC. Some were ok. Usually an ounce less the ton of stems and seeds would be half that. Some duded would scoop a cup of seeds in their ounces....lol At our Weed Store you can get shit up to 35% THC...lol

NOW!!!!. Every so often the Panama Red or Gold weed came in................Now that shit knocked you on your ass. Too much and you would be so paranoid you wouldn't move on the couch for an hour...lol
I remember a night with some sort of Gold that left us unable to even talk for awhile--totally knocked on our asses, immobile and staring vacantly while thoughts looped around and bit their own tails. It was Mexican.

Acapulco Gold ? Maybe ? I just remember it from a Cheech and Chong skit.

I think it's only considered a gateway drug because where it's illegal, your friendly local dealer also sells those goodies and will urge you to try if they are fresh out of weed. Of course, some people are going to play around with the hard core stuff, but they would anyway--it's not because pot enslaved them to a life of crime.

This won't harm the cartels...lol. They just create a black market to dodge the taxes and fees that are levied in order to sell it. You think the alcohol and cigarette black markets went away? Why hell no.

The cartels are warring over the avocado market, which is perfectly legal. Everyone that thinks this will hurt the cartels is lying to themselves.
The cartels have moved onto meth and fentanyl. The Chinese supply fentanyl free so its all gravy. Then there is the high dollar commodity, human beings. Sex, organs, there is real value. Right now it's 14 million dollars a day. No pot sales will top that.

Acapulco Gold ? Maybe ? I just remember it from a Cheech and Chong skit.
That's what they called it.

I think it's only considered a gateway drug because where it's illegal, your friendly local dealer also sells those goodies and will urge you to try if they are fresh out of weed. Of course, some people are going to play around with the hard core stuff, but they would anyway--it's not because pot enslaved them to a life of crime.

Well, those article would imply that it is a gateway drug for some. Seems like some people just can't resist self-destructive behaviour.

Well, those article would imply that it is a gateway drug for some. Seems like some people just can't resist self-destructive behaviour.
Some people are going to try whatever they can get their hands on. When pot is sold legally in state licensed stores only, it won't lead to other drugs any more--or less--than alcohol does.

Mexican pot has always been a terrible product. As soon as America started growing their own the market for their seedy dusty crap must have collapsed almost overnight.
You were getting the wrong kind.
I've had some pretty decent Acapulco Gold before.
acapulcogold.jpg

Last edited:

Some people are going to try whatever they can get their hands on. When pot is sold legally in state licensed stores only, it won't lead to other drugs any more--or less--than alcohol does.

The studies don't agree with you.

They say more is needed but there appears to be some linkage for some personality types.

Potificating about it is not making a case.

They say more is needed but there appears to be some linkage for some personality types.

Okay. Who am I to argue with science?

Okay. Who am I to argue with science?

I don't know.

I only show what I read. I have no investment one way or the other.

The whole premise of the thread was that Mexico somehow pulled one over on the U.S.

I don't see it.

But I don't have numbers in front of me.

Of course, some people are going to play around with the hard core stuff, but they would anyway--it's not because pot enslaved them to a life of crime.
I think this is what rubs many to a frazzle. If only they'd had more time and training to accept jaysus as their lord and savior! They must have just run into some bad apples who led them astray (with pot). Not their fault. Their parents clearly didn't raise 'em right. Truth is: Shit Happens. To varying degrees.. To varying people.. No matter what. No one's fault. To some degree, people will always just make mistakes anyway and lead others astray because that's what being human is. Imperfection. It wasn't necessarily their intent at all. That needs to be taught. Also, it's not just okay to be different, it's normal. Being perfect is what's weird.

I only show what I read. I have no investment one way or the other.
Of course you do.
There are at least as many articles I found which say no. I'm sure you saw them, too.
Here's one.

I saw nothing recent.

Your article only cites a 2012 study from Japan. Hardly a concrete case.

There were articles that more recent, but they were cobbled together sales jobs.

Most of what I read said:

1. There seems to be some relationship but only amongst certain personality types.
2. More study is needed to be conclusive.

I don't have a stake in this, I am just posting what I read (and filtered it to avoid the out and out bias).

I didn't find your article biased. It certainly wasn't a sales job as it takes on some other myths and says they are true (which are not in the favor of pot). But I did find it's rebuttle to myth 1 very weak.

When it is not legal, who knows what garbage they put in it. We've had 50 years of many people smoking it and the only problem that has come up is the incredible high number of prisoners we have and problems that come up because it is illegal...

I just want to be frank and clear on this thread. I've tried it a time or 2 but never inhaled.......................EVER...........................BELIEVE ME................

Forum List

Back