Michigan Lawmaker who opposed helmet laws dies in motorcycle crash

Really? Losing your freedom to not wear a helmet is worse than death? That's you know...kind of ridiculous.
It's a freedom thing you would not understand, if someone wants to wear helmet knock themselves out if someone does not knock themselves out. No one should give a shit if someone wears a helmet or a seatbelt or not. Fucking progressives and messing with people's personal lives

Is that it? It's a freedom thing? Not really an argument.
First of all there's no guarantee a helmet will save your life, and if Wreck at high-speed's helmet may save your head but your neck will break so you will want to die. Wearing a helmet in town sucks ass, you can't hear shit, your vision is impaired, and you feel like a fucking bobble head.

Plus it's not about wearing the helmet or seatbelt, it's a government telling you what to do with your own fucking life. Someone famous once said "there are worse things than dying"…

I agree with everything. However, if you are riding and you aren't wearing a helmet don't ask the taxpayers to pay for your medical care. Deal?
Wearing a helmet may increase the need for medical care because dead people need very little medical care.
\

Possible, but not likely. Helmets actually reduce the number of traumatic brain injuries. Those are by far the most expensive injuries to treat. In general if the neck is involved it is usually fatal. Rarely do the riders survive those accidents. Every rider in the video below survived their accidents thanks to their helmets. The guy who hits the hay bales could no longer race, but he's ambulatory.

Forcing someone to wear a helmet under duress is slavery.

No it's not. There is no definition of slavery that involves motorcycle helmets. That is just a lame argument that makes you look like a kook. Go ask a trafficked female sex worker about calling helmet laws slavery. My, oh my what a privileged life we live in the States.

The only relevant question is whether you have control or are being controlled.

No, actually it's not. Do helmet laws save lives? Yes. Do helmet laws save money? Yes. See? Two questions right there and they are actually relevant to the conversation.

Certainly.

Good.
There is no definition of slavery that includes helmets? What kind of dumbass argument is that?

I agree, you should ask the poster that is making that claim.
You mean happy joy? Lol

Nope. Someone claimed helmet laws = slavery. It doesn't, simple as that.
That's a dumb argument. Just like I said.
Isnt the most basic definition of slavery involuntary servitude?

Having your personhood controlled = slavery

Then every law is slavery. It's a ridiculous point. Having a drivers license is slavery, not selling cigarettes to minors is slavery, forcing doctors to have a degree in medicine in order to practice is slavery. Paying ANY taxes is slavery. Sad part is, you probably believe all of this.

Whether we are picking cotton for aristocrats, or paying taxes to the state so it can punish those that do not wear bicycle helmets.

Yeah, still not the definition of slavery. It's not even close, alarmingly uninformed.

Is that it? It's a freedom thing? Not really an argument.
First of all there's no guarantee a helmet will save your life, and if Wreck at high-speed's helmet may save your head but your neck will break so you will want to die. Wearing a helmet in town sucks ass, you can't hear shit, your vision is impaired, and you feel like a fucking bobble head.

Plus it's not about wearing the helmet or seatbelt, it's a government telling you what to do with your own fucking life. Someone famous once said "there are worse things than dying"…

I agree with everything. However, if you are riding and you aren't wearing a helmet don't ask the taxpayers to pay for your medical care. Deal?
Wearing a helmet may increase the need for medical care because dead people need very little medical care.

That's an argument?
It's an observation.

It's an invalid observation. Helmet laws reduce medical care, not increase.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/motorcycle/safebike/costs.html

Helmet laws significantly reduce the strain on public resources. Unhelmeted riders cost more to treat at the hospital, spend a longer time in rehabilitation, and are more likely to require some form of public assistance to for pay medical bills and rehabilitation. In 1991, prior to enacting its helmet law, California's state medical insurance program paid $40 million for the treatment of motorcycle-related head injuries. That figure dropped to $24 million after enactment of a universal helmet law.

Then every law is slavery. It's a ridiculous point. Having a drivers license is slavery, not selling cigarettes to minors is slavery, forcing doctors to have a degree in medicine in order to practice is slavery. Paying ANY taxes is slavery. Sad part is, you probably believe all of this.

Whether we are picking cotton for aristocrats, or paying taxes to the state so it can punish those that do not wear bicycle helmets.

Yeah, still not the definition of slavery. It's not even close, alarmingly uninformed.
Not all states have helmet laws, and they see no problem with it

Then every law is slavery. It's a ridiculous point.

Uh, yeah.

And if weare being objectively honest, the state is nothing more than a powerful street gang.

Having a drivers license is slavery, not selling cigarettes to minors is slavery, forcing doctors to have a degree in medicine in order to practice is slavery. Paying ANY taxes is slavery. Sad part is, you probably believe all of this.

:desk: It is.

Slavery is the absence of legal or de-facto control over your personhood.

The state owns all people that reside in it.

The truth may not fit your communist narrative, so you are going to need to find other ways to support your authoritarian agenda.

And? What is your point? The state can do what it wants.

It's like mandatory insurance you're paying for something that might happen, that's legalized extortion...
Just like with the helmet you might wreck, so you're forced with a helmet law to wear one of them fucking things.

Then every law is slavery. It's a ridiculous point.

Uh, yeah.

And if weare being objectively honest, the state is nothing more than a powerful street gang.

Having a drivers license is slavery, not selling cigarettes to minors is slavery, forcing doctors to have a degree in medicine in order to practice is slavery. Paying ANY taxes is slavery. Sad part is, you probably believe all of this.

:desk: It is.

Slavery is the absence of legal or de-facto control over your personhood.

The state owns all people that reside in it.

The truth may not fit your communist narrative, so you are going to need to find other ways to support your authoritarian agenda.

I see, either you're an anarchist or a sovereign citizen. Now I understand why common sense escapes you.

Unless it is opposed.

The question is whether or not you support sucking state cock your entire life.

That is the most important and relevant question in modern society.

Pretty sad. I recall once being shocked by a "where did he come from?" moment involving a motorcycle pulling up behind me. Fortunately it resulted in nothing but bewilderment. Anyways, up there in northern Michigan I imagine he was cruising along at a pretty good clip and hadn't a chance to avoid the crash.

It's like mandatory insurance you're paying for something that might happen, that's legalized extortion...
Just like with the helmet you might wreck, so you're forced with a helmet law to wear one of them fucking things.

You're paying for insurance in case your dumbass injures someone else you don't have the money to pay their medical bills. Are we arguing against this now too? Jesus.

Bingo!
Live in the state that better suits you, oh wait the federal government pretty much disregards the 10th amendment.

Go more in depth because all I've seen form you is this naive argument.

Just pettiness in this reply.

A discussion is a two way street. Need more information, then ask a specific question.

Unless it is opposed.

The question is whether or not you support sucking state cock your entire life.

That is the most important and relevant question in modern society.

The state as in one of the United States can decide for themselves (law makers, voters) if they want helmet laws. That was my point. Not that it matters to you.

You're paying for insurance in case your dumbass injures someone else you don't have the money to pay their medical bills. Are we arguing against this now too? Jesus.
Yeah it's a fucked up law, any type of mandatory insurance is legalized extortion.

Bingo!
Live in the state that better suits you, oh wait the federal government pretty much disregards the 10th amendment.

Yeah, you're free to move to any state that doesn't have helmet laws.

Forum List

Back