Migrant kids outperform local kids

Not really. It's been a while since I have done any higher math. But I was fine at it.

You suck at very simple math.

Perhaps you should explain what "math" I am missing in this discussion.

The numbers between your simplistic "improve education!" and the many jobs going unfilled RIGHT NOW. The economy will just 'pause' until your little slogan magically creates an army of engineers?

For decades the American worker has been on the other end of that equation, coming into the work force and having to deal with a GLUT of workers who are willing to work longer hours for less money.....

Unless you are talking about construction, food services, house-cleaning, or manual labor you are talking out your ass again.

Nope. I'm talking about technology jobs such as in Silicon Valley which is being dominated by Asian immigrants.

You are just spouting slogans without really considering the issue.

What is the point of competition?

Improvement. You are that one gimpy gazelle on the Nature Channel.

I didn't note any improvement in the linked OP.

Is the UK rising in status and power because of the contributions of these high performing migrants? Is life improving for the average Brit?

You asked me what the point of competition was, numbskull. Well, the point of competition is improvement. You must really be a slack-ass weakling if you don't know that much on your own.

But where is the improvement in this situation?....

The ranking contrast between the US and those countries you are so afraid of has been noted many times, dope.

I am asking in relation to the OP.

What improvement has occurred in or for the UK as a result of this increased "competition"?

If there is none, and the only change has been decreased opportunities for British Citizens, then the policy has been a failure.

Improvement. You are that one gimpy gazelle on the Nature Channel.

Is the UK rising in status and power because of the contributions of these high performing migrants? Is life improving for the average Brit?

You asked me what the point of competition was, numbskull. Well, the point of competition is improvement. You must really be a slack-ass weakling if you don't know that much on your own.

The ranking contrast between the US and those countries you are so afraid of has been noted many times, dope.

What improvement has occurred in or for the UK as a result of this increased "competition"?.....

Find a British person and ask him.

The numbers between your simplistic "improve education!" and the many jobs going unfilled RIGHT NOW. The economy will just 'pause' until your little slogan magically creates an army of engineers?

For decades the American worker has been on the other end of that equation, coming into the work force and having to deal with a GLUT of workers who are willing to work longer hours for less money.....

Unless you are talking about construction, food services, house-cleaning, or manual labor you are talking out your ass again.

Nope. I'm talking about technology jobs such as in Silicon Valley which is being dominated by Asian immigrants.

You don't know what you're talking about. All you know is that your spinelessness makes you afraid of competition and hard work.

What improvement has occurred in or for the UK as a result of this increased "competition"?.....

You're the one that made the claim, which you just admitted that you cannot support.

You don't know what you're talking about. All you know is that your spinelessness makes you afraid of competition and hard work.

Yes, I do know what I am talking about.

No, your rudeness does nothing to support or defend you position.

You're the one that made the claim, which you just admitted that you cannot support.

I never said a word about the UK, you dope.

Yet you don't go into what they child hoods were like.....

I realize this is all but impossible for someone with your mindset to grasp, but every single person is an individual.

YOur assumption that I don't grasp that would be interesting if the subject was your thought processes.

Otherwise., got it, everyone is a special snowflake.

Yet you don't go into what they child hoods were like.

How much homework do you consider reasonable for a 3rd grader each night?

I never said a word about the UK, you dope.

The OP is about a study conducted in the UK.

You weren't "lazy" and failed to read the OP were you?:biggrin:

REgardless, you have admitted that you cannot support your claims of "improvements" resulting from this increased competition.

This is an over generalization, but... Illegal alien offspring take it for granted they get away with whatever, Legal immigrant kids are trying to live up to a higher standard. That is one of the differences between "immigrants" and illegal aliens. This is not a scientifically proven fact. Just my opinion.

I've read recently an interesting study on higher class whites dealing with increasing competition from higher class, especially Asian immigrants with an extremely competitive and education driven culture.

And I saw no benefit for America or Americans in the developments mentioned.

I don't WANT Americans to have to torture their children the way the freaking Japanese do in order for them to have a shot at getting into a top college.

That is not making this nation or the world a better place.

It's making it crappier.
I don't want to see American kids tortured to achieve spectacular grades, either. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.
I think, though, if you pull back and take a larger look at what's good for our country--kind of like Google Earth, are you with me?--a highly educated technological citizenry will benefit us all for the innovation and industry it will lead to.

I believe you mean Indian Business Visas.

Yes, I do know what I am talking about........

No, you don't. H-1B visas can't be offered until an attempt is made to fill the position with a US citizen. There simply is a shortage of Americans qualified to fill all the high-tech positions that need to be filled to keep our technology sector growing and moving. Facile declarations like "change education!" do nothing to fill those positions NOW, moron. Nor is "change education!" as simple as simpletons like you believe because that's what the bumper sticker told you.

Face it, American education sucks and America sucks, which is why EVERYONE on Earth wants to live here!
Or are non-Americans being touted as "geniuses" because they'll take lower pay checks?

Forum List

Back