Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

So poor people are all just lazy.

disabled people TOO
How many truly disabled people are getting kicked off food stamps?

I don't know. I hope not

Yet you imply that I think disabled people are lazy.

HAve you always been such a twat?

just how much do you know about DISABILITY? -----lots of
actually disabled people do not APPEAR disabled. A woman
with five kids under the age of 12 is DISABLED (encumbered)
Why she has five kids is an issue but not ALWAYS a matter of
SLOTH. I agree that willy nilly childbearing should be
addressed. -------but you risk the issue of declared
GENOCIDAL

Woman with five kids is not disabled. She's just really busy woman.

Tell me how that works, when kids grow up past 18, that woman is not disabled anymore?

Your complaint is with those who thought it better to not appeal the rulings.

Florida drops bid to require drug tests for welfare applicants

Besides, it doesn't work and costs more than it saves.

What 13 states discovered after spending hundreds of thousands drug testing the poor

You think the push for drug testing is about saving money or about government testing recipients for drugs because... they just want to?

No, it is demanded by the taxpayers who are sick and tired of paying high taxes and supporting parasites. Taxpayers don’t want to support people who don’t want to work, have multiple children out of wedlock and take drugs rather than contribute to society. They should be penalized, not the good people who work hard and pay taxes.

If your neighbor is getting in your backyard ans stealing fruit from your orchid, or vegetables from your garden, and you get fed up with that, what do you do? You build the fence to stop him from doing it. Well, that fence most likely cost you much more than the value of stolen apples or tomatoes, but you build it anyways because you're fed up that someone is taking something that doesn't belong to them, but belongs to you.

Read my link. Very few getting help were on drugs. You can argue for this all day. I do not care because the courts are not going to allow it.

cross the board drug testing for welfare recipients is DISGUSTING----
it is demeaning--------people with a really productive veggie garden
who will not share a few tomatoes and radishes are PIGS

Why is it disgusting and demeaning? I work in the private sector, I am required by the federal government to take a random drug test in order to keep my job. I don't find it disgusting or demeaning.

The federal government requires airline pilots to take random drug tests in order to maintain their aviation license. Is that disgusting and demeaning?

if you have a very RESPONSIBLE JOB upon which the lives of people
depend----it is LOGICAL that the feds demand drug testing. Testing
impoverished &/or sick people is a suggestion that they are just
depraved and lousy-----and is not worth the expense

If they don't like testing as requirement to get money, maybe they should get a job?

Tell me, would the same people complain about drug testing if that is requirement for them to get government job?

Working two jobs to provide and wanting to have to do that is two different things. We used to have plenty of jobs where people could support two people working one job.

That is the problem. We don't condemn the greed that caused corporations to take the jobs to China but we condemn the idea that a person shouldn't have to work 65 hours just to buy groceries.
Whoa...who said anything about
working 65 hours just to buy groceries

There are people who don't want to work 1 job to provide
If you can't find a full time job then 2 part time jobs suffice
Whether someone wants to work 2 jobs to provide is irrelevant

The past is behind us, this is now
Things were cheaper, money went farther

The problem is people like to blame the greed they feed
If enough people would have boycotted companies
that would have made a difference

We allowed the jobs to go to China
These companies do not respond to noise they respond to revenue

The idea that people shouldn't have to do
what they don't want to do to take care of their responsibilities
is ridiculous to say the least

If you can't afford getting your nails done, you don't
If you can't afford cable, you watch regular television
If you can't afford the internet, you go to the library or a hot spot
If you can't afford chips, snakes and junk food, you go without
If you can't afford a fancy cell phone, get a government phone

If you can't afford the things you want,
unless the government aka taxpayers, gives you what you need
that's too damn bad

No argument from me that we should have spoke up when companies started moving jobs offshore. We most certainly should have. But why did they do this? Greed. Oddly those who condemn greed over people get called names even today.
Companies move offshore for 3 reasons:

1. Onerous regulations.
2. High taxes.
3 Unions.

Three things Dimwingers push on America 24/7/365

If a corp moves to another country, they pay the tax rate there & then owe the US the difference in that rate & the US rate. So, how do they save on taxes.

Cheap labor is a reason. They like to pollute.

So your solution is to reduce the minimum wage & allow them to pollute here instead of there? Really?

Link to your bullshit claim on taxes?

I said nothing about "my solution", so why do you insist on exposing yourself as a colossal liar?
Fuck your link. If you are so uninformed not to know how US corporations are taxed for their overseas operations, please log off this site & get a fucking education.

My God.

that's too damn bad

No argument from me that we should have spoke up when companies started moving jobs offshore. We most certainly should have. But why did they do this? Greed. Oddly those who condemn greed over people get called names even today.

1. Onerous regulations.
2. High taxes.
3 Unions.

If a corp moves to another country, they pay the tax rate there & then owe the US the difference in that rate & the US rate. So, how do they save on taxes.

So your solution is to reduce the minimum wage & allow them to pollute here instead of there? Really?

I said nothing about "my solution", so why do you insist on exposing yourself as a colossal liar?
Fuck your link. If you are so uninformed not to know how US corporations are taxed for their overseas operations, please log off this site & get a fucking education.

My God.

Typical leftist non-argument.

the problem of unnecessary benefits DEPENDENCE
Similar to
The Myth of Welfare and Drug Use
Then you have no problem with drug testing welfare recipients in order to get free money taken from those with jobs that required them to be drug tested.
What a dumbass you are.
In 2012, an evaluation of the program had startling results: After three years and 87,000 screenings, only one person had failed the drug test, with huge costs for the state, which saved a few hundred dollars by denying benefits, compared to the hundreds of thousands spent to conduct the tests.
Conveniently, you provide no link.
Idiotically, you fail to notice two links.

You think the push for drug testing is about saving money or about government testing recipients for drugs because... they just want to?

No, it is demanded by the taxpayers who are sick and tired of paying high taxes and supporting parasites. Taxpayers don’t want to support people who don’t want to work, have multiple children out of wedlock and take drugs rather than contribute to society. They should be penalized, not the good people who work hard and pay taxes.

If your neighbor is getting in your backyard ans stealing fruit from your orchid, or vegetables from your garden, and you get fed up with that, what do you do? You build the fence to stop him from doing it. Well, that fence most likely cost you much more than the value of stolen apples or tomatoes, but you build it anyways because you're fed up that someone is taking something that doesn't belong to them, but belongs to you.

Read my link. Very few getting help were on drugs. You can argue for this all day. I do not care because the courts are not going to allow it.

Why is it disgusting and demeaning? I work in the private sector, I am required by the federal government to take a random drug test in order to keep my job. I don't find it disgusting or demeaning.

The federal government requires airline pilots to take random drug tests in order to maintain their aviation license. Is that disgusting and demeaning?

If they don't like testing as requirement to get money, maybe they should get a job?

Tell me, would the same people complain about drug testing if that is requirement for them to get government job?

The difference is that employers don't want you at work under the influence of illegal drugs. or alcohol.

You assfucks just want to find an excuse to cut someone off of food stamps when you are just taking food off their kid's tables.

Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

Millions of Americans face losing access to food assistance under proposed rule changes by the Trump administration, a new analysis has found.

The changes, if they had been instituted last year, would have resulted in 3.7 million fewer people and 2.1m fewer households receiving the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as Snap or food stamps, during an average month, according to the study.

The altered rules would also reduce benefits received by many people, with 2.2m households set to have their average monthly assistance cut by $127. Nearly one million students would lose access to free or discounted lunches.

The poor are an easy target for Cons. Typical bonehead politics.
Correct millions more people are working and no longer qualify for food stamps

1. Onerous regulations.
2. High taxes.
3 Unions.

My God.

Typical Trumpette defending ignorance.

The difference is that employers don't want you at work under the influence of illegal drugs. or alcohol.

You assfucks just want to find an excuse to cut someone off of food stamps when you are just taking food off their kid's tables.
And you think taxpayers want people to spend money meant for food and shelter on illegal drugs?

Why is that OK?

Not really. They owe to US government tax on profits made in US and tax on money they brought in from outside. If they keep their foreign earned money out, they don't have to pay taxes.

Apple stashed some $250B in cash and assets overseas and refused to bring it in because of high tax rates.

Trump admin offered them a one time deal, to bring money in at lower rate. Had Apple decided to bring all of its overseas cash back to the US, they would have to pay tax rate of 35 percent at the time, which was about $88 billion, minus the taxes paid to foreign governments. With one time deal on 15% tax for money they bring in, they paid $38 billion, and saved $50 billion. Without the deal, they would just keep their money outside.

Interesting how a liberal company would move their money back here for a conservative President and not for the previous liberal President. Looks like liberal corporations are just as greedy as liberals that are on the government dole.
Corporate greed has little to do with party.

Trump's deal is like telling a thief, turn yourself it. You won't be arrested & you can keep what you stole.

That's the difference? What employer will hire you if you do use drugs?

So if you're on food stamps and using drugs, you can't get a job especially not from government, but expect to get a free money from government.

What drugs are you on now, eh shitstain?

And you think taxpayers want people to spend money meant for food and shelter on illegal drugs?

Why is that OK?

Are they? How do you know?

1. Onerous regulations.
2. High taxes.
3 Unions.

My God.

Typical Trumpette defending ignorance.
How about that link, loser?

Not really. They owe to US government tax on profits made in US and tax on money they brought in from outside. If they keep their foreign earned money out, they don't have to pay taxes.

Apple stashed some $250B in cash and assets overseas and refused to bring it in because of high tax rates.

Trump admin offered them a one time deal, to bring money in at lower rate. Had Apple decided to bring all of its overseas cash back to the US, they would have to pay tax rate of 35 percent at the time, which was about $88 billion, minus the taxes paid to foreign governments. With one time deal on 15% tax for money they bring in, they paid $38 billion, and saved $50 billion. Without the deal, they would just keep their money outside.

Interesting how a liberal company would move their money back here for a conservative President and not for the previous liberal President. Looks like liberal corporations are just as greedy as liberals that are on the government dole.
Corporate greed has little to do with party.

Trump's deal is like telling a thief, turn yourself it. You won't be arrested & you can keep what you stole.

Except, they didn't steal it, they earned it overseas.

Why is that OK?

Are they? How do you know?

You don't know which is why you drug test them as a requirement for getting public assistance

Because taxpayers want their tax money wasted and desperate people humiliated.

That's your actual argument.

Last edited:

that's too damn bad

1. Onerous regulations.
2. High taxes.
3 Unions.

My God.
Your post makes it painfully obvious you are a fucking clueless moron who just got caught in a lie.

Bring a link, or admit you are full of shit.

the problem of unnecessary benefits DEPENDENCE
Similar to
The Myth of Welfare and Drug Use
Then you have no problem with drug testing welfare recipients in order to get free money taken from those with jobs that required them to be drug tested.
What a dumbass you are.
In 2012, an evaluation of the program had startling results: After three years and 87,000 screenings, only one person had failed the drug test, with huge costs for the state, which saved a few hundred dollars by denying benefits, compared to the hundreds of thousands spent to conduct the tests.
Conveniently, you provide no link.
Idiotically, you fail to notice two links.
Only one, and it takes you here.

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/new...18/drug-testing-welfare-applicants/53620604/1

Try again, idiot.

Wouldn't someone on public assistance who spend money on drugs be taking food off their kid's tables?

Watch this tap dance.:5_1_12024:

In order to get food stamps you have to meet some requirements. One of them is to prove they don't make enough money. Correct?

How do they prove that?

According to you, we can't really ask them to prove it, that would also be unconstitutional, so we should just trust them to their word.

Your complaint is with those who thought it better to not appeal the rulings.

Florida drops bid to require drug tests for welfare applicants

Besides, it doesn't work and costs more than it saves.

What 13 states discovered after spending hundreds of thousands drug testing the poor

No types of prescribed opiates, either?

Forum List

Back