Millions of ordinary Americans support Donald Trump. Here's why

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
The Guardian ^
Let us now address the greatest American mystery at the moment: what motivates the supporters of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump? I call it a “mystery” because the working-class white people who make up the bulk of Trump’s fan base show up in amazing numbers for the candidate, filling stadiums and airport hangars, but their views, by and large, do not appear in our prestige newspapers. On their opinion pages, these publications take care to represent demographic categories of nearly every kind, but “blue-collar” is one they persistently overlook. The views of working-class people are so foreign to that universe...

donald_trump_the_president_we_deserve.jpg

Trump does have ----the common touch-----sorta. He is a
"one of us" type of guy. He does stuff that common people would like to do-------imposes his will. Hellary does not have the common touch-----she acts like she thinks herself
an ARISTOCRAT who pretends to care about those---BENEATH her. Billy-boy and his sax had much more
a common touch than does his idiot wife. Bernie lacks
any level of charm----just a nuthin' sorta guy

"one of us" type of guy. He does stuff that common people would like to do-------imposes his will. Hellary does not have the common touch-----she acts like she thinks herself
an ARISTOCRAT who pretends to care about those---BENEATH her. Billy-boy and his sax had much more

Yep, the hildabitch is a egomaniacal bitch just like the dear leader.

It is due to their being boob tube addicts and Trump The Chump is their favorite tv star.

That's why.

It is due to their being boob tube addicts and Trump The Chump is their favorite tv star.

That's why.

valid point-----Trump has STAR QUALITY-----like JFK----
that is---both exhibited star quality---albeit of different styles--
Trump is more like muhummad ali----sorta

He's a "one of us" kind of guy? He is a billionaire that flys around on his private jet!!!

He is funny and really entertaining because he calls people out and causes controversy... That's pretty much it. He is playing on talking points that sound great, keeping us safe and bringing back jobs, but all the intellectuals are scratching their heads because he has no plan on how to do it!!! How do some many people buy into that BS?

He's a "one of us" kind of guy? He is a billionaire that flys around on his private jet!!!

He is funny and really entertaining because he calls people out and causes controversy... That's pretty much it. He is playing on talking points that sound great, keeping us safe and bringing back jobs, but all the intellectuals are scratching their heads because he has no plan on how to do it!!! How do some many people buy into that BS?

it is a matter of COMPARATIVE BS-----none of them have a real plan and they are all doing "talking points"---trump has a past history of success in business

it is a matter of COMPARATIVE BS-----none of them have a real plan and they are all doing "talking points"---trump has a past history of success in business
I beg to differ... I was hoping that Trump would bring some of that biz sense to the game but he just talks in circles and is constantly contradicting himself. Do you watch Hillarys speeches? Much more substantive and detailed.

I keep asking how the democrats plan on encouraging corporations to want to bring jobs and build here as opposed to overseas? How do they plan on fighting an organized threat when they are too afraid of calling them out and being honest about without "offending" someone. Seems to me the liberals need to have some thicker skin and the ability to actually lead the fight against these terror groups rather than being mere advisors more worried about their world "image" over American lives.

I keep asking how the democrats plan on encouraging corporations to want to bring jobs and build here as opposed to overseas? How do they plan on fighting an organized threat when they are too afraid of calling them out and being honest about without "offending" someone. Seems to me the liberals need to have some thicker skin and the ability to actually lead the fight against these terror groups rather than being mere advisors more worried about their world "image" over American lives.
You make a good point, there is definitely a problem with the trade deals as we are being taken advantage of to the detriment of our businesses and our economy. Flip side is these trade deals also support many US based businesses. Own of my businesses would pretty much shit down if I could t get textiles from China... Or comparable prices

The terror threat is real but the radical Islam bs is all just part of the political circus. They are thug terrorists, nothing more. Calling them Islamist makes zero difference. I laugh when I hear people get so worked up by it.

"the liberals" !!!! It is not really a matter of "the liberals" (which I assume is "the democrats") vs the REPUBS---it just happens that the democrat candidates we face now are
tentative dregs----and Hillsie is dishonest, Kerry is a schmuck and Bernie is burnt out. . Trump is DECISIVE ---a quality which I believe is NECESSARY ---now. I have never voted for a repub candidate for president before in my life

You make a good point, there is definitely a problem with the trade deals as we are being taken advantage of to the detriment of our businesses and our economy. Flip side is these trade deals also support many US based businesses. Own of my businesses would pretty much shit down if I could t get textiles from China... Or comparable prices

The terror threat is real but the radical Islam bs is all just part of the political circus. They are thug terrorists, nothing more. Calling them Islamist makes zero difference. I laugh when I hear people get so worked up by it.

you laugh? you are weird ------of course you have your own little teensy backyard issues

I'd rather have a president with the ability to call a spade a spade and not hide behind this political correctness that he can't openly recognize the kind of ideological extremism we are facing. A leader should also have the ablity to make hard decisions with the gathered intelligence that is before him, not wait for polls to move in his favor to justify his actions.

As far as business and economic policies, amid their "blame game of excuses", what plan do Democrats have to actually encourage businesses to bring more jobs and build in this country?

Saviors always have followers, whether it be the preacher or investment salesman, nothing new there. Sixty years of dog whistles and pointing fingers over there as the fox off-shores America for profit, and the foreign nations dump and buy our businesses, has demonstrated the power of propaganda. Bring in a Messiah who promises greatness again and the people follow. While Trump often sounds like a fourth grade bully, years of media nonsense has made nonsense palatable.

This piece claims Trump and others like him appeal to our core being. See what you think.
What the hell is going on? - Marginal REVOLUTION

and more:

Trump and the Constitution
Civil liberties be damned: Donald Trump — an enemy of the Constitution

Trump hate
A Hater for All Seasons

The man is a dummy:

"He was asking me a theoretical...and I talked about it only from that standpoint. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking me a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer. But of course not, and I said that afterwards." Donald Trump clarifying his suggestion that women should be punished for abortions.

"Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." Allen Ginsberg

Last edited:

Ask any person of accomplishment and they will tell you there is alway a plan...

In Business they are called 'Business Plans', they are written, vetted and implemented...

Trump is a sales guy selling a dream which he has no clue how to achieve... But the problem is a non realistic plan is actually no plan at all...

Forum List

Back