Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I know and will describe it below.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
What is misdemeanor cyberstalking? It appears that in at least one state this could include any discussion with a person that doesn't like what you say.

Does anybody have any experience with it one way or the other?

General Statute 14-196.3(b)(2) Electronically mail or electronically communicate to another repeatedly, whether or not conversation ensues, for the purpose of abusing, annoying, threatening, terrifying, harassing, or embarrassing any person.

This means even if the other person is engaging you, you can still be guilty of cyberstalking if you were annoying or embarrassing the person. To me this means both parties would be guilty of the same crime. How can cyberstalking occur if both parties aren't guilty?

What is misdemeanor cyberstalking? It appears that in at least one state this could include any discussion with a person that doesn't like what you say.

Does anybody have any experience with it one way or the other?

Apparently, based on a now-deleted thread, and some Googling of information that was in that thread, it's what more than one political rival of yours in The Real World has accused you of doing to them.

I'd always assumed that you were more or less a troll on this forum, playing the part of some whacked-out nutcase. That now-gone thread had enough information to link you to your Real World identity and activities, which were sufficient to show that you're at least as much of a creepy nutcase in The Real World as you come across as being on this forum.

Still, there was a bit of controversy during public comment. A woman claimed board member E••• W••••••••• sent her unsolicited texts, asking her to run for a seat on the school board. She said he then used social media to harass her.
·
·
·​
“He began messaging my friends, friend requesting people he doesn’t know, and essentially harassing them. My friends feel his actions are beyond creepy and are out of line, the then situation escalated and screen shots of my minor children were posted on his Facebook page,” said K•••••• G••••.

———

On Wednesday, the New Bern Sun Journal reported an Onslow County Schools employee filed criminal misdemeanor charges against W••••••••• over allegations of harassment, cyberstalking and conveying threats.

K•••• M•••, who is also a Craven County School Board member, filed the charges against W••••••••• and has court dates set for Dec. 13 for a “no contact” order and Jan. 11 for the charges, the Sun Journal reported. The report also said W••••••••• confirmed the court dates but declined further comment.

Last edited:
Apparently, based on a now-deleted thread, it's what a political opponent of yours in The Real World has accused you of doing to her.

I'd always assumed that you were more or less a troll on this forum, playing the part of some whacked-out nutcase. That now-gone thread had enough information to link you to your Real World identity and activities, which were sufficient to show that you're at least as much of a creepy nutcase in The Real World as you come across as being on this forum.

Still, there was a bit of controversy during public comment. A woman claimed board member E••• W••••••••• sent her unsolicited texts, asking her to run for a seat on the school board. She said he then used social media to harass her.
·

·

·

“He began messaging my friends, friend requesting people he doesn’t know, and essentially harassing them. My friends feel his actions are beyond creepy and are out of line, the then situation escalated and screen shots of my minor children were posted on his Facebook page,” said K•••••• G••••.

Thanks but that is not what this thread is about.

Thanks but that is not what this thread is about.

Perhaps, but for me, that's not the point.

On this forum, you have always come across as creepy, and mentally unstable. Until recently, I've just assumed that you were a troll of some sort, playing a fictitious role based on the attributes of being creepy and unstable.

With the information that your previous, now-deleted thread revealed, making it possible to Google your Real Life persona, it now appears that if anything, your online persona here on this forum is understated,; that in Real Life, you are at least as creepy and unstable as you ever appeared here. Bizarrely, it shows you has having something of a career in low-level politics, that is somehow based on your creepiness. One has to wonder about a constituency that would vote for someone who is as you appear to be.

Perhaps, but for me, that's not the point.

On this forum, you have always come across as creepy, and mentally unstable. Until recently, I've just assumed that you were a troll of some sort, playing a fictitious role based on the attributes of being creepy and unstable.

With the information that your previous, now-deleted thread revealed, making it possible to Google your Real Life persona, it now appears that if anything, your online persona here on this forum is understated,; that in Real Life, you are at least as creepy and unstable as you ever appeared here. Bizarrely, it shows you has having something of a career in low-level politics, that is somehow based on your creepiness. One has to wonder about a constituency that would vote for someone who is as you appear to be.

Do you want to offer any comments about the subject of this thread?

Well, I see that in the time since there was last any activity in this thread, you have been convicted of one count of “cyberstalking”.

An O_____ County school board member has been convicted on cyberstalking charges filed by a former O_____ County Schools employee.

E___c W_______ was convicted April 7 on one count of cyberstalking after harassing, cyberstalking and conveying threats at a former O_____ County Schools employee.

O_____ County Assistant District Attorney V_______ C. V___ Tol said W_______ received a 15-day suspended sentence and 12 months probation.

And on further reading, I see that the process is underway, if not completed, to remove you from your position on the school board, due to your conduct and your criminal conviction.

One can hope that, by now, you know the answer to the question that you posed in the OP.

And on further reading, I see that the process is underway, if not completed, to remove you from your position on the school board, due to your conduct and your criminal conviction.

One can hope that, by now, you know the answer to the question that you posed in the OP.

My question was, “What is cyberstalking?” You don’t seem to have a definition.

Governments can’t punish you for the things you say. I’ll cut the law in a second.

14-196.3. Cyberstalking.

(a) The following definitions apply in this section:

(1) Electronic communication. - Any transfer of signs, signals, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature, transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, computer, electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical system.

(2) Electronic mail. - The transmission of information or communication by the use of the Internet, a computer, a facsimile machine, a pager, a cellular telephone, a video recorder, or other electronic means sent to a person identified by a unique address or address number and received by that person.

(b) It is unlawful for a person to:

(1) Use in electronic mail or electronic communication any words or language threatening to inflict bodily harm to any person or to that person's child, sibling, spouse, or dependent, or physical injury to the property of any person, or for the purpose of extorting money or other things of value from any person.

(2) Electronically mail or electronically communicate to another repeatedly, whether or not conversation ensues, for the purpose of abusing, annoying, threatening, terrifying, harassing, or embarrassing any person.

(3) Electronically mail or electronically communicate to another and to knowingly make any false statement concerning death, injury, illness, disfigurement, indecent conduct, or criminal conduct of the person electronically mailed or of any member of the person's family or household with the intent to abuse, annoy, threaten, terrify, harass, or embarrass.

(4) Knowingly permit an electronic communication device under the person's control to be used for any purpose prohibited by this section.

(c) Any offense under this section committed by the use of electronic mail or electronic communication may be deemed to have been committed where the electronic mail or electronic communication was originally sent, originally received in this State, or first viewed by any person in this State.

(d) Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.

(e) This section does not apply to any peaceable, nonviolent, or nonthreatening activity intended to express political views or to provide lawful information to others. This section shall not be construed to impair any constitutionally protected activity, including speech, protest, or assembly. (2000-125, s. 1; 2000-140, s. 91.)

If a person was convicted, does that mean the person communicated threats?

If a person was convicted does that mean the person tried to extort something of value?

If a person was convicted does that mean they said mean things via internet or through a cell phone?

If a person was convicted does that mean they repeatedly sent a picture of the American flag?

If you know of someone that was convicted what can you conclude based on this law that the person actually did?

Did that person just have a political altercation with a “Karen”?

The law is so inclusive it could be anything from saying “hello” to hacking all of someone’s online accounts to tracking the person’s every move to taking a picture with a cell phone. If a “Karen” hated you enough she could have you convicted of cyberstalking just from the conversations in this thread.

This law was designed to empower bullies. It wasn’t designed to protect free speech. I’m sure the legislatures who passed this law were annoyed with section 4 (e). Oh wait! Nobody reads that part.

What’s your personal view on the freedom of speech? Should it be absolute or should it be restricted to prohibit certain speech? Most people think certain speech should be prohibited such as screaming fire in a theatre. Another example would be, democrats wanting to restrict republican’s speech. Republicans wanting to restrict democrat’s free speech. That’s just three examples. There are millions of more examples if you open up Pandora’s box to make one restriction based on personal preference then all restrictions are open based upon the suggestions of any demanding whiner. If I knew there was no free speech I promise you the events leading to this conviction would have never taken place. Believe that if you want. I had the wrong impression about the law. I didn’t know parts of it could be ignored. I learned my lesson that free speech doesn’t exist. I learned it so well that I didn’t waste my time appealing this case. From now on I will submit to bullies and avoid these troubles altogether. The law isn’t there for me. The law belongs to vicious bullies disguised as snowflakes and it’s only going to get worse.

Your wish was granted. My life has been destroyed by this women. I’m glad that makes you happy. At least somebody gained something out of this situation. She didn’t gain anything. I didn’t gain anything. It was just a waste of the court’s time. (A lot of the court’s time.)

Last edited:
My question was, “What is cyberstalking?” You don’t seem to have a definition.

Governments can’t punish you for the things you say. I’ll cut the law in a second.

If a person was convicted, does that mean the person communicated threats?

If a person was convicted does that mean the person tried to extort something of value?

If a person was convicted does that mean they said mean things via internet or through a cell phone?

If a person was convicted does that mean they repeatedly sent a picture of the American flag?

If you know of someone that was convicted what can you conclude based on this law that the person actually did?

Did that person just have a political altercation with a “Karen”?

The law is so inclusive it could be anything from saying “hello” to hacking all of someone’s online accounts to tracking the person’s every move to taking a picture with a cell phone. If a “Karen” hated you enough she could have you convicted of cyberstalking just from the conversations in this thread.

This law was designed to empower bullies. It wasn’t designed to protect free speech. I’m sure the legislatures who passed this law were annoyed with section 4 (e). Oh wait! Nobody reads that part.

What’s your personal view on the freedom of speech? Should it be absolute or should it be restricted to prohibit certain speech? Most people think certain speech should be prohibited such as screaming fire in a theatre. Another example would be, democrats wanting to restrict republican’s speech. Republicans wanting to restrict democrat’s free speech. That’s just three examples. There are millions of more examples if you open up Pandora’s box to make one restriction based on personal preference then all restrictions are open based upon the suggestions of any demanding whiner. If I knew there was no free speech I promise you the events leading to this conviction would have never taken place. Believe that if you want. I had the wrong impression about the law. I didn’t know parts of it could be ignored. I learned my lesson that free speech doesn’t exist. I learned it so well that I didn’t waste my time appealing this case. From now on I will submit to bullies and avoid these troubles altogether. The law isn’t there for me. The law belongs to vicious bullies disguised as snowflakes and it’s only going to get worse.

Your wish was granted. My life has been destroyed by this women. I’m glad that makes you happy. At least somebody gained something out of this situation. She didn’t gain anything. I didn’t gain anything. It was just a waste of the court’s time. (A lot of the court’s time.)

Not really my problem.

Apparently, a judge and a jury found you guilty of the crime; determined that you behaved in a manner that is illegal and unacceptable.

If you still do not understand what you did wrong, if you blame this other woman for destroying your life, then there is certainly nothing that I can or will do to help you.

Not really my problem.

Apparently, a judge and a jury found you guilty of the crime; determined that you behaved in a manner that is illegal and unacceptable.

If you still do not understand what you did wrong, if you blame this other woman for destroying your life, then there is certainly nothing that I can or will do to help you.

Can we talk about the subject at hand?

What is misdemeanor cyberstalking?

It appears that we now have a clear definition of what “misdemeanor cyberstalking” is.

The definition is…

1661716971113.png

And in related news…

An O_____ County school board member who is currently facing removal from the board has submitted his resignation.
Controversial O_____ County Board of Education Member E____ W________, who faced an amotion hearing last month due to inappropriate and unethical behavior while serving on the board, submitted his letter of resignation to the board, as well as to The Daily News Thursday morning.

Last edited:
It appears that we now have a clear definition of what “misdemeanor cyberstalking” is.

The definition is…

View attachment 688460

And in related news…

An O_____ County school board member who is currently facing removal from the board has submitted his resignation.
Controversial O_____ County Board of Education Member E____ W________, who faced an amotion hearing last month due to inappropriate and unethical behavior while serving on the board, submitted his letter of resignation to the board, as well as to The Daily News Thursday morning.

So only one person can be guilty in the entire state?

Forum List

Back