Missouri House Republicans Vote To Defund Libraries

They are attempting to subjugate everyone who isn't like them. Pure hatred, pure ignorance at it's worse.

360_F_34510491_9YB1dFCOibohNu3aDqrYR3JIgjGCM9cL.jpg

The library is the center of intellectual growth for many kids. What we spend on "...large public buildings and collections of books and media" is a drop in the bucket compared to the good it does.

While that was certainly true in the pre-Internet days. I would question if that is still the case. There is more information available on the simplest smart phone than in an entire library. The underpaid (and keenly aware of the short shelf life of their chosen profession) library staff aren't any better equipped to explain what's in the library books than the better YouTube teachers.

I personally have a lot of professional contact with the inner city library in the area I work. The free WiFi offered by the library attracts a lot of young people who I seriously doubt are even aware that there are books in the library. Police are called daily to deal with teen-age hijinx because, it seems, that is the go-to spot when different groups of kids choose to rumble. Said rumbles facilitated on FaceBook or Twitter.

So, besides being a convenient place for local teens to cause trouble, I question it's value to anyone who isn't going there for Drag Queen Story Hour.

Last edited:
No, it's not cool; it's age appropriate. Only gay kids would access it. Do you really think straight kids would read those books, they'd rather be caught dead than read them.
We dont want children looking at sexual content, regardless of whether or not they are gay or straight. Generally speaking, we call any adult who does show that kind of stuff to children a "pedophile" or "groomer".

We dont want children looking at sexual content, regardless of whether or not they are gay or straight. Generally speaking, we call any adult who does show that kind of stuff to children a "pedophile" or "groomer".
I was waiting for that sick response. OK, Anita. Anita Bryant ( of course, from Florida ) started that lie over 50 years ago, old stupid news.

So when kids ask questions, your suggestion is say nothing. That's worked so well in the past. Ignorance was never bliss, especially when it comes to sex education. colorofus.com - colorofus Resources and Information.>45-multicultural-children's-books-about-bodies,-sex-and-consent

I just posted a link to a news story.

Oh? I'm sorry. I thought you were responding in the context of the thread title. How silly of me to expect you to respond to your own post.

Didn’t add any opinions of mine to it. Sorry it triggered you so.

Asking questions in the spirit of debate is not being triggered. That is what this site is for.

Was that you in the picture or something?

Or something.

No, it's not cool; it's age appropriate. Only gay kids would access it. Do you really think straight kids would read those books, they'd rather be caught dead than read them.
Would the straight kids have access to images of a girl giving a guy a blow job, or a guy going down on a girl? Personally I don't think either is appropriate for public schools. But then again I don't think it will warp their fragile little minds either.

Would the straight kids have access to images of a girl giving a guy a blow job, or a guy going down on a girl? Personally I don't think either is appropriate for public schools. But then again I don't think it will warp their fragile little minds either.
A good sex education book should, it's part of life. Get over yourself, sex isn't evil; why treat it as such.

A good sex education book should, it's part of life. Get over yourself, sex isn't evil; why treat it as such.
I imagine one of the first challenges of todays youth is how to get around parental locks on full internet access, where all of their dreams come true.

They'll figure it out. Calculus is much harder to figure out. Communication skills, comprehension skills, computer and technical skills should have more focus at public schools imo.

I imagine one of the first challenges of todays youth is how to get around parental locks on full internet access, where all of their dreams come true.

They'll figure it out. Calculus is much harder to figure out. Communication skills, comprehension skills, computer and technical skills should have more focus at public schools imo.
Of course it is, sex education is a minor but important part of their education. But people blow it all out of proportion. You don't hear kids complaining about it, just their overbearing, ignorant parents.

Oh? I'm sorry. I thought you were responding in the context of the thread title. How silly of me to expect you to respond to your own post.
Why would I respond to my own post?
The only sorry thing here is your stunted logic.

Forum List

Back