Mitch McConnell: No GOP sentiment to dismiss impeachment

If I'm Trump, I want this trial to go away asap, after the case has been made by both sides and questions are asked and answered. That's when Trump should want an acquittal, right then. But if that doesn't happen, then he should make it known he'll go after the Bidens and anyone else connected to the Ukraine corruption, which could include connections to other top Dems. Right now, the Dems have a very weak case with less than half of poll and survey responses indicating they want him to be removed. I do not know what Guiliani has in the way of evidence of wrong-doing, but I'm sure we'll hear about that fairly soon, plus the Durham Report will come out at some point and it will not reflect well on the Dems. Throw in the fact that the Dems have a true shit-show for candidates running for president, and frankly I think all he has to do is not fuck it up.

That vote to acquit after the questions period is over will be the cruz of the whole thing. It could turn into a real mess for who knows how long, with no one coming out of it without being covered in shit and the American public more dissatisfied with everybody involved even more than they already are. To me, the kicker as far as Trump goes is his record vs what the Dems are offering. It's hard to imagine the independent voters voting for the democrat, no matter who it is. So maybe the real issue is the Senate, the GOP does not want to lose their majority there, cuz then they can continue to fill vacancies on the federal bench plus cabinet positions with people they want. Won't happen if the Dems can take control.

He could attack Iran. You do know I predicted that.
Yeah, you're an idiot. Trump is not Barry.

The Democrats' own Constitutional Expert testified under oath that Trump did NOT violate the Constitution, did NOT break the law, and did NOT abuse his power.

So evidently the Democrats consider 'High Crimes and Misdemeanors' as defeating Hillary in 2016 and their not liking him.

:p

The Democrats have become the threats / nightmares the Founding Fathers feared.

Yea I have just the pitbull lawyer for Trump:

rudy.jpg

Yah, you may be right. If I ever get a ticket for Jay Walking, I'll call on him to defend me. That way, I'll get off on easy with just life without parole.

If Hunter Biden and The Two Fake Whistle Blowers are not called as Witnesses, I'll be pissed.

Hunter Biden is already in violation of a court order to reveal his Burisma Earnings, yet Democrats constantly tell us that no one is above the law....unless of course it's them violating Due Process, them Lying under Oath, Them protecting Clinton from Multiple Felonies enough to send her to prison for life, and Them Covering Up a COUP, covering up Extortion, and Bribery, and them Defrauding FISA, it goes on and on.

Honestly, I think our government is SO CORRUPT that I don't trust Mitch McConnel or The GOP to do the right thing. Trump is not part of The Establishment, and it would not shock me to see The Senate Abuse the so called impeachment, and get rid of pesky Trump once and for all.

We'll just have to wait and see. The Right thing is just to dismiss the whole flimsy thing anyways, but doubtful that happens.
The whistle blower is Schitt’s. Know that

I start at The Beginning and call The Pakistani Hackers to testify under oath.

Then I call Julian Assange and we talk about Seth Rich.

Then I call Clinton, Podesta, Schultz, Biden, Manafort, Gates, Brennan, Strozk, Comey, McCabe, Clapper & every corrupt Clintonista there is.

I make this look like Sherman’s March to The Sea and leave The Democrat Party in a smoldering heap!

If Hunter Biden and The Two Fake Whistle Blowers are not called as Witnesses, I'll be pissed.

Hunter Biden is already in violation of a court order to reveal his Burisma Earnings, yet Democrats constantly tell us that no one is above the law....unless of course it's them violating Due Process, them Lying under Oath, Them protecting Clinton from Multiple Felonies enough to send her to prison for life, and Them Covering Up a COUP, covering up Extortion, and Bribery, and them Defrauding FISA, it goes on and on.

Honestly, I think our government is SO CORRUPT that I don't trust Mitch McConnel or The GOP to do the right thing. Trump is not part of The Establishment, and it would not shock me to see The Senate Abuse the so called impeachment, and get rid of pesky Trump once and for all.

We'll just have to wait and see. The Right thing is just to dismiss the whole flimsy thing anyways, but doubtful that happens.

Hitler and The Nazi Party did the exact same thing after they lost their election.

No crime is necessary. Impeachment is a purely political procedure.
Thank you for reminding everyone how the Democrats have politically, biasedly weaponized the Founding Father's Impeachment process, making their worst nightmares come true.

The Speaker of the House, as well, has no power to dictate to the US Senate what procedures or process it must adopt / follow, but I thank the Speaker for demonstrating how she and the Democrats are the only ones in this process who have abused their power, as their own Democrat Constitutional Expert testified to during Nadler's committee's Impeachment hearings.

I hope every American fully understands the significance of your words....that the Democrats have been pursuing a partisan removal of the President of the United States from office since the announcement was made Hillary lost, actually from the moment Trump completed his oath of office. Hopefully such partisan, treasonous, party-1st behavior will be punished.

Then I call Clinton, Podesta, Schultz, Biden, Manafort, Gates, Brennan, Strozk, Comey, McCabe, Clapper & every corrupt Clintonista there is.

I make this look like Sherman’s March to The Sea and leave The Democrat Party in a smoldering heap!

Problem is, the articles aren’t going over evah. I’d bet my life on it

Technically they are. They were gaveled.

Pelosi and her band of Tardlings are too stupid to realize they should have followed through with Due Process. If they want more articles they have to try to impeach again.

Pelosi and her band of Tardlings are too stupid to realize they should have followed through with Due Process. If they want more articles they have to try to impeach again.

She can’t send them, Pandora’s box will be opened. All of it. Trump will make sure of it. Ain’t no way, ain’t no how

She was trying to work behind the scenes to bribe GOP Senators in to voting for impeachment. That’s why the hag held on to them so long because no one would budge.

She is stuck between a rock and a hard place now.

I’d be shocked if they voted to Not Send The Articles.

That would end it right there.

I think she wants it dragged out for campaign ads or whatever she can get out of it.

Honestly they are freaking out right now.

They have been trying to frame the guy for going on 4 years 24-7 and it’s all blown up in their faces.

She can’t send them, Pandora’s box will be opened. All of it. Trump will make sure of it. Ain’t no way, ain’t no how

I think it will be a very short trial. Can't wait for it. LOL

I hope that the defense moves to throw out Article-2 immediately because the USSC took the Trump vs the House subpoena for his tax records. That proves that Trump can go to court and it is NOT "Obstruction of the House", which isn't even a thing.
Supreme Court ruling pulls rug out from under article of impeachment

Then Article-1 can be whittled down to "no evidence" by objecting to any evidence that the House managers put up that is "hearsay", because hearsay evidence is NOT allowed in the Senate. If this trial takes more than a few days they just want to be on TV, and my wife will be pissed again because her daytime soaps will be preempted by the trial.

/——/ Hell hath no fury like the GOP base scorned by their own party by removing Trump from office —- over made-up nonsense.

She was trying to work behind the scenes to bribe GOP Senators in to voting for impeachment. That’s why the hag held on to them so long because no one would budge.

She is stuck between a rock and a hard place now.

I’d be shocked if they voted to Not Send The Articles.

That would end it right there.

I think she wants it dragged out for campaign ads or whatever she can get out of it.

Honestly they are freaking out right now.

They have been trying to frame the guy for going on 4 years 24-7 and it’s all blown up in their faces.

I did see this morning on the Fox and Friends Show the Senator from Iowa Joni Ernst and one of the hosts asked her about a comment made by Ted Cruz, since the demofks want their witnesses we should maybe set up some witnesses ourselves. I went, huh? Wait a second mr. Cruz, you fks run the senate, why are you acting as if the dems are controlling the process? WTF is wrong with the GOP fks. Hly shit, no wonder my support is fked. Hly shit.

rudy.jpg

Yah, you may be right. If I ever get a ticket for Jay Walking, I'll call on him to defend me. That way, I'll get off on easy with just life without parole.

You people and your partisan hackery are a joke. Very few attorneys have ever come close to the accomplishments Giuliani achieved in his career as an attorney.

NYC.gov: Biography of Rudolph Giuliani

Upon graduation [from NYU law school, magna cum laude], Rudy Giuliani clerked for Judge Lloyd MacMahon, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York. In 1970, Giuliani joined the office of the U.S. Attorney. At age 29, he was named Chief of the Narcotics Unit and rose to serve as executive US Attorney. In 1975, Giuliani was recruited to Washington, D.C., where he was named Associate Deputy Attorney General and chief of staff to the Deputy Attorney General. From 1977 to 1981, Giuliani returned to New York to practice law at Patterson, Belknap, Webb and Tyler.

In 1981, Giuliani was named Associate Attorney General, the third highest position in the Department of Justice. As Associate Attorney General, Giuliani supervised all of the US Attorney Offices' Federal law enforcement agencies, the Bureau of Corrections, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the US Marshals.

In 1983, Giuliani was appointed US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he spearheaded the effort to jail drug dealers, fight organized crime, break the web of corruption in government, and prosecute white-collar criminals. Few US Attorneys in history can match his record of 4,152 convictions with only 25 reversals.
Biography.com: https://www.biography.com/political-figure/rudolph-giuliani

During his six years as U.S. attorney, Giuliani worked tirelessly to jail drug dealers, prosecute white-collar criminals and disrupt organized crime and government corruption. Giuliani's 4,152 convictions (against only 25 reversals) distinguish him as one of the most effective U.S. Attorneys in American history.

New York Times: HIGH-PROFILE PROSECUTOR

Every era has a law-enforcement figure or two who captures the public imagination, who turns the job of police officer or prosecutor into ''crime buster'' and makes the fight against evil appear to be a personal vendetta. ...

Of late, Rudolph W. Giuliani, United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, has marched into this arena. ... The Italian Government has presented the 41-year-old Giuliani with an award for battling the Mafia. The Thomas E. Dewey Association made him the speaker at its dinner this year.
Part of Giuliani's secret has been hard work, an innovative legal mind and a courtroom flair. At the same time he was supervising 130 attorneys in the nation's largest Federal prosecutor's office, he was personally devising the imaginative strategy for one of the most significant Mafia cases in recent times.​

THE BEST PROSECUTORS, THEY SAY, MIX STRONG INTELLECT with good street smarts. Giuliani has plenty of both. ...

By 30, Giuliani was the [justice department's] third-ranking prosecutor. ... Giuliani engag[ed] in battles for cases with another young star, Richard Ben-Veniste, who went on to become a special prosecutor during the Watergate scandal. ...

Giuliani's role in two cases stood out. He was a key prosecutor in the police corruption case that would later form the basis for ''Prince of the City,'' the Robert Daley book later made into a film by Sidney Lumet. He also successfully prosecuted Representative Bertram L. Podell, Democrat of Brooklyn, in a dramatic bribery trial. Under Giuliani's intense cross-examination, Podell faltered, became so nervous he poked out his eyeglass lens, asked for a recess and gave up, pleading guilty.

In 1975, Giuliani accepted his first of three Republican political appointments. He hadn't started as a Republican. As a registered Democrat, he had worked for Robert F. Kennedy's senatorial campaign in the 1960's and voted for George McGovern in 1972. But in 1975, after a job offer in the Ford Justice Department, he voted Republican for the first time. ''I came to think that McGovern and the Democrats had a dangerous view,'' he says, refering to global politics. ''By the time I moved to Washington, the Republicans had come to make more sense to me.''
Money has never been his driving force, says Gross, a friend. ''Rudy just wants to be where the action is.'' As United States Attorney, Giuliani earns $72,300, a fraction of what he might make in private practice.

Giuliani's upward climb has been aided by a series of influential mentors, who rewarded him because he put in long hours, showed strong loyalty and made them look good. Federal District Judge Lloyd F. MacMahon was the first. Giuliani was his clerk. ''Judge MacMahon calls us all his sons,'' says Patrick D. Daugherty, another former clerk, ''but Rudy is his favorite son.''
[L]egal experts agree Giuliani's fashioning of the Mafia commission case has importance beyond the individual leaders indicted. It sent a symbolic message to the public: Law enforcement is sophisticated enough to go after the top people all at once - the board of directors. ''If we can prove the existence of the Mafia commission in court beyond a reasonable doubt,'' Giuliani says, ''we can end this debate about whether the Mafia exists. We can prove that the Mafia is as touchable and convictable as anyone. And without their mystery, they will lose power.''​

TheMobMuseam.org: Rudolph Giuliani

[W]hen Rudolph Giuliani stepped down after six years as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, he was perhaps the most famous law enforcement official in the United States. He left a legacy of successful prosecutions of leaders of New York’s “Commission” of organized crime families, the Mafia’s international heroin and cocaine ring in the “Pizza Connection” case, as well as high-profile political corruption and Wall Street criminal cases.

[In one of Giuliani's federal prosecutions] Fifty-two New York cops were indicted on corruption-related allegations based on the evidence. Giuliani also won a conviction against Brooklyn area U.S. Congressman Bertram Podell, a Democrat who served several months in federal prison for accepting a $41,000 bribe.
Giuliani announced that his top priority as U.S. attorney was to defeat organized crime in New York, where the chiefs of the so-called “Five Families” lived and operated. ...

Giuliani decided to prosecute the leaders of the families and their upper-level cohorts together under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO, for allegedly conspiring to commit felonies including contract murders, loan sharking, extortion, labor racketeering and drug trafficking. It was the first time RICO, passed by Congress in 1970, was employed to prosecute a major federal case.

He argued the case before a federal grand jury and in February 1985 obtained indictments against a laundry list of New York’s Mob leaders and their lieutenants: Bonanno family boss Phil Rastelli and capo Anthony Indelicato; Colombo boss Carmine Persico and member Ralph Scopo; Gambino boss Paul Castellano; Genovese boss Anthony Salerno and member Gennaro Langella; Lucchese boss Anthony Corallo, underboss Salvatore Santoro and consigliere Christopher Furnari. Soon afterward, Castellano was shot and killed outside a restaurant in Manhattan and Rastelli was tried in a separate RICO case.
Side note: the restaurant referred to is called Sparks Steak House, in Manhattan. It is literally always packed, and next to impossible to get a reservation (at least that was the case a decade or so ago). I've been there a couple of times with a reporter for ABC in NYC who's done stories on some of my cases. The steaks are nothing to write home about (Peter Luger is much better IMO), and it's so cramped that you are literally banging elbows with people at adjacent tables, but the mob boss hit is such a cool story that it gives the place a great aura (the sidewalk out front is still stained red from Castellano's blood BTW).

Last edited:

rudy.jpg

You people and your partisan hackery are a joke. Very few attorneys have ever come close to the accomplishments Giuliani achieved in his career as an attorney.

Upon graduation [from NYU law school, magna cum laude], Rudy Giuliani clerked for Judge Lloyd MacMahon, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York. In 1970, Giuliani joined the office of the U.S. Attorney. At age 29, he was named Chief of the Narcotics Unit and rose to serve as executive US Attorney. In 1975, Giuliani was recruited to Washington, D.C., where he was named Associate Deputy Attorney General and chief of staff to the Deputy Attorney General. From 1977 to 1981, Giuliani returned to New York to practice law at Patterson, Belknap, Webb and Tyler.

In 1981, Giuliani was named Associate Attorney General, the third highest position in the Department of Justice. As Associate Attorney General, Giuliani supervised all of the US Attorney Offices' Federal law enforcement agencies, the Bureau of Corrections, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the US Marshals.

In 1983, Giuliani was appointed US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, where he spearheaded the effort to jail drug dealers, fight organized crime, break the web of corruption in government, and prosecute white-collar criminals. Few US Attorneys in history can match his record of 4,152 convictions with only 25 reversals.

During his six years as U.S. attorney, Giuliani worked tirelessly to jail drug dealers, prosecute white-collar criminals and disrupt organized crime and government corruption. Giuliani's 4,152 convictions (against only 25 reversals) distinguish him as one of the most effective U.S. Attorneys in American history.

Every era has a law-enforcement figure or two who captures the public imagination, who turns the job of police officer or prosecutor into ''crime buster'' and makes the fight against evil appear to be a personal vendetta. ...

Of late, Rudolph W. Giuliani, United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, has marched into this arena. ... The Italian Government has presented the 41-year-old Giuliani with an award for battling the Mafia. The Thomas E. Dewey Association made him the speaker at its dinner this year.
Part of Giuliani's secret has been hard work, an innovative legal mind and a courtroom flair. At the same time he was supervising 130 attorneys in the nation's largest Federal prosecutor's office, he was personally devising the imaginative strategy for one of the most significant Mafia cases in recent times.​

THE BEST PROSECUTORS, THEY SAY, MIX STRONG INTELLECT with good street smarts. Giuliani has plenty of both. ...

By 30, Giuliani was the [justice department's] third-ranking prosecutor. ... Giuliani engag[ed] in battles for cases with another young star, Richard Ben-Veniste, who went on to become a special prosecutor during the Watergate scandal. ...

Giuliani's role in two cases stood out. He was a key prosecutor in the police corruption case that would later form the basis for ''Prince of the City,'' the Robert Daley book later made into a film by Sidney Lumet. He also successfully prosecuted Representative Bertram L. Podell, Democrat of Brooklyn, in a dramatic bribery trial. Under Giuliani's intense cross-examination, Podell faltered, became so nervous he poked out his eyeglass lens, asked for a recess and gave up, pleading guilty.

In 1975, Giuliani accepted his first of three Republican political appointments. He hadn't started as a Republican. As a registered Democrat, he had worked for Robert F. Kennedy's senatorial campaign in the 1960's and voted for George McGovern in 1972. But in 1975, after a job offer in the Ford Justice Department, he voted Republican for the first time. ''I came to think that McGovern and the Democrats had a dangerous view,'' he says, refering to global politics. ''By the time I moved to Washington, the Republicans had come to make more sense to me.''
Money has never been his driving force, says Gross, a friend. ''Rudy just wants to be where the action is.'' As United States Attorney, Giuliani earns $72,300, a fraction of what he might make in private practice.

Giuliani's upward climb has been aided by a series of influential mentors, who rewarded him because he put in long hours, showed strong loyalty and made them look good. Federal District Judge Lloyd F. MacMahon was the first. Giuliani was his clerk. ''Judge MacMahon calls us all his sons,'' says Patrick D. Daugherty, another former clerk, ''but Rudy is his favorite son.''
[L]egal experts agree Giuliani's fashioning of the Mafia commission case has importance beyond the individual leaders indicted. It sent a symbolic message to the public: Law enforcement is sophisticated enough to go after the top people all at once - the board of directors. ''If we can prove the existence of the Mafia commission in court beyond a reasonable doubt,'' Giuliani says, ''we can end this debate about whether the Mafia exists. We can prove that the Mafia is as touchable and convictable as anyone. And without their mystery, they will lose power.''​

[W]hen Rudolph Giuliani stepped down after six years as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, he was perhaps the most famous law enforcement official in the United States. He left a legacy of successful prosecutions of leaders of New York’s “Commission” of organized crime families, the Mafia’s international heroin and cocaine ring in the “Pizza Connection” case, as well as high-profile political corruption and Wall Street criminal cases.

[In one of Giuliani's federal prosecutions] Fifty-two New York cops were indicted on corruption-related allegations based on the evidence. Giuliani also won a conviction against Brooklyn area U.S. Congressman Bertram Podell, a Democrat who served several months in federal prison for accepting a $41,000 bribe.
Giuliani announced that his top priority as U.S. attorney was to defeat organized crime in New York, where the chiefs of the so-called “Five Families” lived and operated. ...

Giuliani decided to prosecute the leaders of the families and their upper-level cohorts together under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO, for allegedly conspiring to commit felonies including contract murders, loan sharking, extortion, labor racketeering and drug trafficking. It was the first time RICO, passed by Congress in 1970, was employed to prosecute a major federal case.

He argued the case before a federal grand jury and in February 1985 obtained indictments against a laundry list of New York’s Mob leaders and their lieutenants: Bonanno family boss Phil Rastelli and capo Anthony Indelicato; Colombo boss Carmine Persico and member Ralph Scopo; Gambino boss Paul Castellano; Genovese boss Anthony Salerno and member Gennaro Langella; Lucchese boss Anthony Corallo, underboss Salvatore Santoro and consigliere Christopher Furnari. Soon afterward, Castellano was shot and killed outside a restaurant in Manhattan and Rastelli was tried in a separate RICO case.
Side note: the restaurant referred to is called Sparks, in Manhattan. It is literally always packed, and next to impossible to get a reservation (at least that was the case a decade or so ago). I've been there a couple of times with a reporter for ABC World News in NYC who does stories on some of my cases. The steaks aren't all that great (Peter Luger's is much better IMO), and it's so cramped that you are literally banging elbows with people at adjacent tables, but the mob boss hit is such a cool story that it gives the place a great aura (the sidewalk out front is still stained red from Castellano's blood BTW).

Did I give you a booboo, little boy Here, let Uncle Moscow Mitch kiss it and make it better.:290968001256257790-final:

rudy.jpg

Side note: the restaurant referred to is called Sparks, in Manhattan. It is literally always packed, and next to impossible to get a reservation (at least that was the case a decade or so ago). I've been there a couple of times with a reporter for ABC World News in NYC who does stories on some of my cases. The steaks aren't all that great (Peter Luger's is much better IMO), and it's so cramped that you are literally banging elbows with people at adjacent tables, but the mob boss hit is such a cool story that it gives the place a great aura (the sidewalk out front is still stained red from Castellano's blood BTW).

Did I give you a booboo, little boy Here, let Uncle Moscow Mitch kiss it and make it better.:290968001256257790-final:

Aww, is that the best you can do? LOL. That's about as clear a concession as you can get that your attempt at humor fell flat and was factually moronic

rudy.jpg

Side note: the restaurant referred to is called Sparks Steak House, in Manhattan. It is literally always packed, and next to impossible to get a reservation (at least that was the case a decade or so ago). I've been there a couple of times with a reporter for ABC in NYC who's done stories on some of my cases. The steaks are nothing to write home about (Peter Luger is much better IMO), and it's so cramped that you are literally banging elbows with people at adjacent tables, but the mob boss hit is such a cool story that it gives the place a great aura (the sidewalk out front is still stained red from Castellano's blood BTW).

Don’t forget. Giuliani is currently under federal investigation himself.

Trump’s defense lawyers have defense lawyers.

rudy.jpg

Don’t forget. Giuliani is currently under federal investigation himself.

Trump’s defense lawyers have defense lawyers.

And those defense lawyers will need their own defense lawyers after spending 3 minutes around Rump and his band of criminals. And then who is going to defend the defense lawyers of the defense lawyers of the defense lawyers of the.......Damn, just ran out of Laywyers in DC. Well actually, most lawyers will have ran out of DC to avoid any of this.

The Impeachment of Donald Trump began as a result of his defeating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election....

The Impeachment of Donald Trump began with the BOGUS claim that the Russians hacked the DNC sever, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN.
- Not 1 of the 17 US Intel agencies the Democrats always mention have any evidence to support that claim. The only one who CLAIMS to have had that evidence was 'Crowdstrike', WHOSE FOUNDER WAS HIRED TO BE PART OF THE OBAMA AD.INISTTATION.

The Impeachment of Donald Trump began 5 minutes after President Trump took his oath of office!

Democrats vowed to remove this President from the start - like TLAIB declared she was going to Impeach Donald Trump before she ever got to Washington, before this latest coup was concocted, manufactured, and initiated by D-Adam Schiff.

Such an advanced declaration of the goal and intent to remove a President from office is TREASON.

The fact that they are openly declaring this Impeachment is a POLITICAL Impeachment that has nothing to do with crimes or 'High Crimes and Misdemeanors' in order to justify their demanding the fair trial in the Senate that they were unwilling to give in the House is an admission of carrying out a coup.

PELOSI, SCHIFF, & NADLER SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND SENT TO GITMO FOR THE OPEN DECLARATION OF INTENDING TO OVERTHROW THE DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THEN CARRYING IT OUT.

Forum List

Back