Mom of Mauled Boy Says People More Concerned About the Dog

You must be jerking us around. A lot of humans don't use common sense or reason and this dog story is an prime example. Animals don't have a moral compass or sense of right or wrong. He's too far gone to trust because of human failures. Putting him down isn't justice or punishment, it's preventative maintenance. Sad but true.
Obviously you have not paid enough attention to what I have said because I have never once said that I think that the dog should be put down.

Holly
Obviously you didn't pay attention to what I said. I didn't claim you did. You keep babbling about the Bible and justice. WTF?
Why should the dog be allowed to get away with what it did to that boy? And because of how much damage was done to the boy, the dog not understanding what it did to the boy is not an excuse. What would you want done if your child was attacked by a person who did not understand what they were doing to your child because they were mentally challenged? How would you feel if they got away with what they did to your kid because of their mental condition?

Oh well. She's an idiot and an animal torturer. She deserves what she gets.

And may God Bless You Everyone.

P.S. She is a moron and I hope like hell she does not have children OR pets.
You don't think that the dog deserves whatever it is given when it has left an innocent child with a messed up face? Also you make it sound like I think that the dog should be "tortured" as you say every day of its life. No, that is not what I think. Since the dog only attacked the child once, the dog should receive the same treatment once.

God bless you two and the child always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I love watching the allegedly compassionate and *smart* people dogpiling on Jos.

You guys realize you look like idiots, I hope. If not, I'm here to tell you..you look like idiots.

VIDEO: Group of Kids Violently Bully 3-Year-Old | American Overlook

"Dogpiling on Jos"? LOL You haven't even seen dogpiling! This is nothing.

And I never alleged that I was compassionate. But Jos does, with all her "God bless you's" and smiley faces. SHE'S the one misrepresenting herself. But her comments about punishing this dog tell me that she's both cruel AND stupid, a dangerous combination, especially when disguised under the smiley faces.

I love watching the allegedly compassionate and *smart* people dogpiling on Jos.

You guys realize you look like idiots, I hope. If not, I'm here to tell you..you look like idiots.

VIDEO: Group of Kids Violently Bully 3-Year-Old | American Overlook

She is advocating ripping the dog's face off as "justice" rather than euthanizing it.

Seriously - you support that? What is gained by that except some sort of warped pleasure at causing punative pain to another creature that doesn't have a clue?

It makes no sense to me KG.

What on earth possesses you to think I support it?

My point is that jumping on her, attacking her religion, calling her names, achieves exactly zip.

Well, I can't speak for Gracie, but for me, it makes me feel better to call this bitch out. She crossed a line. I advocate for all helpless creatures, be they children, the elderly or dogs and cats, etc. To have someone advocate methodically injuring a helpless dog to punish it for biting someone is EVIL as far as I am concerned. EVIL. Not "God bless you" good, but "suck up to Satan" evil.

Notice my signature.

CaféAuLait;9034011 said:
Mom of Mauled Boy Says People More Concerned About the Dog

Mom of Mauled Boy Says People More Concerned About the Dog - ABC News

The boy won't be able to see from one eye and his food falls from his mouth due to muscle and nerves being damaged. Not to mention scaring.

I tend to agree with this boys mother, it seems more concern has gone towards the dog then the child.

I also wonder why taxpayers will have to take care of this dog for the rest of its life... and pay to have the dogs teeth removed, food and housing. Why not take care of a child who lost part of his face... Donations poured in for Mickey as opposed to Kevin.

It seems lopsided to me.

If a dog attacks a child it should be put down.

That is the long and short of it.

Most dogs would never harm a child, no matter what. Maybe a quick nip if the kid gets out of hand. You wouldn't believe how much my autistic boy mauled our dog and our dog did nothing to her short of a little growl and a sharp bark. When my brother wanted to discipline his girls, he'd have to put his dog outside Any dog that does this to a child is missing something important. He needs to be put down. Pulling all his teeth? What kind of idiot thought that up? Who pays for it? Why does the dog deserve the pain? It's more humane to just put the dog down. Sometimes I think our society has completely lost it's common sense.

That's something else I can't stand...people who let their children "maul" their dog. Children should be taught how to treat other living creatures with kindness. Including the family dog. Even autistic kids...can't they be taught anything? Or do people just not bother trying? The old "it's just a dog" mentality.

^^^ Justice. Why should the dog get away with what it did to the boy?

God bless you and the boy always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. The boy may have to live with what the dog did to him for the rest of his life which is why I think that doggy jail is not enough.

Justice?

Justice is a human concept meant to be applied to humans.

Other species don't understand "Justice".

Your concept of justice is cruel and barbaric - you advocate torture to a creature that has no understanding of why it's being tortured - none. Ripping it's face out.

That is sick. That is not the values we should be teaching our children.

Compassion? Empathy? And you are supposed to be a Christian? You suppposedly care about children but you want to teach them it's ok to rip another animal to shreds? I've never encountered someone like you before.

SICK.
It doesn't matter if the guilty person or animal understands what it is that they have done. When they do any damage, it should never be swept under the rug and to me, doggy jail is not enough for that dog when its victim will have to live with the damage for the remainder of their life.

God bless you and the victim always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Why should the dog die when its victim is still here?

That is doggone justice for ya.

What exactly would you hope to accomplish by giving the dog the same "treatment"?

The dog is thankfully fine and will have a good life for the rest of its days. That's enough.

And I never alleged that I was compassionate. But Jos does, with all her "God bless you's" and smiley faces. SHE'S the one misrepresenting herself. But her comments about punishing this dog tell me that she's both cruel AND stupid, a dangerous combination, especially when disguised under the smiley faces.
If you think that what I suggest is worse than what others here have suggested which is putting the dog down, you are the one who is messed up. The dog is not guilty of murder, but it is guilty of life altering damage, therefore I think that something should be done about it and because it is guilty of life altering damage, I don't believe that doggy jail is enough, but I don't believe that killing the dog is appropriate either since it is not guilty of killing its self which would leave only one other option which is what I have suggested. If you do happen to know of another option, feel free to share it at anytime.

What exactly would you hope to accomplish by giving the dog the same "treatment"
Well the dog would then know how it feels to be the one who is attacked.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
Holly,

What is justice to you?

Should it be an eye for an eye? Isn't that lacking in compassion?

If a child pokes the eye of another child with a stick, does justice demand that we then poke the eye of the offending child so he knows "what it feels like"?

There is justice and there is retribution. What you are describing is retribution.

She is flat out the most idiotic person I have ever met. And like Koosh said...stupid and cruel is not a good match. That woman is dangerous to animals, other people and to herself probably. Talk about a nutbar.

If you think that what I suggest is worse than what others here have suggested which is putting the dog down, you are the one who is messed up. The dog is not guilty of murder, but it is guilty of life altering damage, therefore I think that something should be done about it and because it is guilty of life altering damage, I don't believe that doggy jail is enough, but I don't believe that killing the dog is appropriate either since it is not guilty of killing its self which would leave only one other option which is what I have suggested. If you do happen to know of another option, feel free to share it at anytime.

What exactly would you hope to accomplish by giving the dog the same "treatment"
Well the dog would then know how it feels to be the one who is attacked.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Well then, if YOU rip this dog's face up, someone should do the same to you so you would know how it feels to be tortured.

Right?

^^^ If the dog had not attacked the child, there would be no reason for anyone to do anything to the dog.

Holly,

What is justice to you?

Should it be an eye for an eye? Isn't that lacking in compassion?

If a child pokes the eye of another child with a stick, does justice demand that we then poke the eye of the offending child so he knows "what it feels like"?

There is justice and there is retribution. What you are describing is retribution.
If a child pokes another child in the eye, to me, the one who was attacked should stand up for their self.

She is flat out the most idiotic person I have ever met. And like Koosh said...stupid and cruel is not a good match. That woman is dangerous to animals, other people and to herself probably. Talk about a nutbar.
Other people here have suggested that the dog be put down and you are calling me dangerous to it? Thank you for letting us know how messed up you are. It is very much appreciated and I commend you for being so upfront and honest about it too. :) :) :)

God bless you three always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

If the child hadn't wandered into the dogs yard, the dog would not have felt the need to defend its territory.

^^^ Well that part of the picture falls on the person who was supposed to be in charge of the child's well being.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ Well that part of the picture falls on the person who was supposed to be in charge of the child's well being.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It was the fault of the babysitter for not looking after her charge properly. Should the babysitter have her face ripped off, seeing it was her fault the boy was attacked?

^^^ No, because sadly the carrying out of a punishment can only be done by an authority figure. The sitter would have been charged for doing such a thing.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

If the child hadn't wandered into the dogs yard, the dog would not have felt the need to defend its territory.

The dog was not in a yard, why do you keep repeating that lie? The dog was chained in the common area of the apartment complex, where there are picnic tables and swings. The owner of the dog was sitting with the baby sitter and never told her the dog was vicious, even though it had just ripped apart a German Shepard puppy.

The owner and the apartment complex are at fault for allowing the dog to live there on that 18 foot chain in a common area where children and people play. The dog was a vicious dog that just ripped a puppy apart as well for wandering into its 18 foot radius.

^^^ I wonder what would have happened if the child had been able to defend their self when we are within our rights when doing such a thing too.

God bless you and the child always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back