More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?

'christians' in America are generally not Christians. They call themselves that because it feels good, but in practice they spit on the poor and lick the feet of the wealthy. The exact opposite of Jesus Christ.

Yet they'll wail and gnash their teeth at you if you point out their hypocrisy.
rationalists in America are generally not rational.......read their posts and you will see evidence of that.....

and yet, you have chosen to jump off the cliff and die.......too bad you weren't free to make that choice.....
OK, my mistake, you get to obey god or HE pushes you off the cliff! Tell me again how that's a free choice?
????.....we all know nobody pushed you to reject God........if anything it amazes us that you used your free will to choose jumping off the cliff when all you had to do was acknowledge his existence and accept his gift.......but no, you had to choose jumping........
No, what I said was: if I don't accept your god, HE pushes me off a cliff. That's not a choice I have, that's a threat your god is aiming at me.
I know that's what you said.......however it isn't true and we have shown you that every time you repeat it.......if you repeat it again we can show you that you are wrong again.......how many times do you want to do that?........you say its not a choice because the consequences are bad......yet, you chose the bad consequences freely, proving it can be done......
Saying follow me or I'll shoot you is a threat,not a choice. Now you know.
so you responded to the threat by following Jesus.....oh, wait.....but.....????.....

[
No, that's not what my God says. You should read up.

In all fairness, the Christian religion DOES say "accept Christ or burn in hell for all eternity."
in ALL fairness it says John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

in ALL fairness it says John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

For God so hated the world, that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth not on him, shall perish and suffer eternal torment.

What in your opinion, happens to those who do not accept Christ?

For God so hated the world, that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth not on him, shall perish and suffer eternal torment.

How can someone be totally righteous, yet never pass judgement? At some point, people will be judged. Everybody. And they will be accountable for their choices. You might consider cutting God some slack. After all, he created you. Not the other way around. You answer to him. Not he to you.

How can someone be totally righteous, yet never pass judgement? At some point, people will be judged. Everybody. And they will be accountable for their choices. You might consider cutting God some slack. After all, he created you. Not the other way around. You answer to him. Not he to you.

To be "totally righteous" would be to have all the facts, in which case judging would be corruption in itself.

If there were a god of the sort postulated by the goat herder religions, which there is not, then that god would have set the circumstances which developed those he sits in judgment over. That isn't just hypocritical, it's evil. Basically god would say "I created you, I set your environment, I made your soul and your brain, which are the reason you are the way you are, I made you a sinner - so now I will torture you for all time for being what I made you."

To be "totally righteous" would be to have all the facts, in which case judging would be corruption in itself.

If there were a god of the sort postulated by the goat herder religions, which there is not, then that god would have set the circumstances which developed those he sits in judgment over. That isn't just hypocritical, it's evil. Basically god would say "I created you, I set your environment, I made your soul and your brain, which are the reason you are the way you are, I made you a sinner - so now I will torture you for all time for being what I made you."
So you choose eternal damnation cuz you don't understand.

Otay! That's called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face".

So then, the choice IS follow, or eternal damnation? So God is saying, follow me or I shoot you.

There could be an intelligence in the universe, I really don't know. What I DO know is that a stern tribal leader sitting in judgment to punish outsiders doesn't exist. If there is a god, he isn't some spoiled snot with a magnifying glass, getting his jollies burning the ants who didn't join his club as the Bible claims.

So then, the choice IS follow, or eternal damnation? So God is saying, follow me or I shoot you.

There could be an intelligence in the universe, I really don't know. What I DO know is that a stern tribal leader sitting in judgment to punish outsiders doesn't exist. If there is a god, he isn't some spoiled snot with a magnifying glass, getting his jollies burning the ants who didn't join his club as the Bible claims.
You're right, he isn't a spoiled snot with a magnifying glass.

But you don't know he doesn't exist, because he does exist. You're wrong in your assessment of what he is and how he functions. But the result will be the same. Acceptance of God requires humility. And most who reject him lack it.

why worry about opinions....the Bible isn't vague....you get what you choose......
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son

except that is bullshit.......he didn't make you choose what you have chosen.....if you don't want it, don't choose it.......

If there is a god, he isn't some spoiled snot with a magnifying glass, getting his jollies burning the ants who didn't join his club as the Bible claims.
so that's the god you've chosen to believe in.......now all you have to do is convince him to bring you to HIS paradise so you don't end up in the Christian's hell......

My contention is we don't know the real Historical Jesus Christ very well
quite frankly, I am sure there are many things you don't know very well.......however, I simply do not care........

---
And I am sure you know even less than I do.
However, I am honest and I don't pretend to know like you do.

In addition, my ego is secure & I don't mind professing ignorance about what I don't know.
Good luck with your fantasies.

---
I asked you a simple question.
In response, you recite the gospel.
You implied that you believe the Holy Spirit communicated with you.

Was that communication one way, or did you have a conversation with that Holy Spirit?
When was the last time you two communicated?
Were you awake then, or were you dreaming?

I implied nothing. I've spoken outright and invited you to learn the same way. I talk with my Heavenly Father all the time. I encourage you to do the same.

---
How do you "talk" with your "Heavenly Father"?
Within your mind when you are awake?
How do you know you are not imagining those conversations?

You should try it and find out.

---
Try imagining a conversation?
Yes, I do that a lot; it's part of a thought process.
However, my consciousness is rooted in reality, and my decisions are based on my perceptions of objective reality.
Talking to a "God" is imaginary. The difference between us is that I realize that based on rationality.

No, talking to God is not imaginary. Believe it or not, things that you don't see or understand are still real. Your comprehension is not required for them to exist.

Take a few minutes to let that sink in.

---
It took a second to agree with your 2nd & 3rd sentences in your previous post. I am a scientist.
The first sentence is another matter, and until you can confirm your God conversation in any way, it's only in your own mind and imaginary.
However, whatever makes you happy is your business ... until you export your claims, then it becomes other people's business too.

Why do you believe in Christianity according to the KJB?
actually I prefer the NIV......why I believe has nothing to do with the thread or our discussion.......are you running away from your claims?.....why change topics?......

---
I am not the one making supernatural claims. You are ... about the validity of Christian dogma based on a book version (NIV in your case) with unverified sources.

Your belief has everything to do about the thread's topic, and how you interpret its meaning to formulate an answer.

My contention is we don't know the real Historical Jesus Christ very well, and can only select preferred information and interpret it based on our cultural & personal preferences.

If you want to get to know jesus Christ better talk with Him and serve Him.

---
Until you can prove otherwise, Jesus of Nazareth is DEAD; he supposedly died on the cross 2,000 years ago.

Regardless, I am a libertarian and serve no one beyond my family.

There are bone head zealots on both sides. Jesus was reasonable, not a bone head. He saw all people, good or bad without judgement, as people.
Jesus was not creating a new faith, but wanted people to look at their faith with open eyes. He was not teaching anything new, just saying it in ways for all to understand.

Liberal, conservative.........so funny

So it's obey god or your soul will burn forever in Hell. That's not a choice of free will. Even YOU can figure that out for yourself.

Its actually more, accept the gift God has provided by following Him or be held accountable for your actions
So basically, follow your god or he'll punish you forever. That's not a free choice your god gives you, that's no choice at all. Get it?
Sure it is. Because you can choose to reject it and spend your days in hell. Lots of people do that.

Just like lots of people choose to be criminals, and end up in jail. Same thing. It's known as "judgement". It happens. You are free to make the wrong choice. Go for it. But you are going to be judged by your choices. Get over it.
Your god says follow me or I'll shoot you, that's a threat not a choice. Now you know.
Follow me or I'll make you burn in hell forever. It's a threat, not a choice. Now you know.

So it's obey god or your soul will burn forever in Hell. That's not a choice of free will. Even YOU can figure that out for yourself.

Its actually more, accept the gift God has provided by following Him or be held accountable for your actions
So basically, follow your god or he'll punish you forever. That's not a free choice your god gives you, that's no choice at all. Get it?
Sure it is. Because you can choose to reject it and spend your days in hell. Lots of people do that.

Just like lots of people choose to be criminals, and end up in jail. Same thing. It's known as "judgement". It happens. You are free to make the wrong choice. Go for it. But you are going to be judged by your choices. Get over it.
Your god says follow me or I'll shoot you, that's a threat not a choice. Now you know.

Lets for the sake of argument say that is actually what God was saying.

You do realize that if someone gives you 1 of two or more options from which to choose from, they are giving you a choice right? The very use of the word "or" creates a choice. This does not change merely because you dont like the consequences
It's a false choice. And not really a choice at all. You follow or you burn. Thinking that that's a choice is completely absurd. And any "god" who threatens me like that isn't worthy of my respect.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
OK, my mistake, you get to obey god or HE pushes you off the cliff! Tell me again how that's a free choice?
????.....we all know nobody pushed you to reject God........if anything it amazes us that you used your free will to choose jumping off the cliff when all you had to do was acknowledge his existence and accept his gift.......but no, you had to choose jumping........
No, what I said was: if I don't accept your god, HE pushes me off a cliff. That's not a choice I have, that's a threat your god is aiming at me.
I know that's what you said.......however it isn't true and we have shown you that every time you repeat it.......if you repeat it again we can show you that you are wrong again.......how many times do you want to do that?........you say its not a choice because the consequences are bad......yet, you chose the bad consequences freely, proving it can be done......
Saying follow me or I'll shoot you is a threat,not a choice. Now you know.
so you responded to the threat by following Jesus.....oh, wait.....but.....????.....
Is there a point you're trying to make? Or was that a surrender? :D

Follow me or I'll make you burn in hell forever. It's a threat, not a choice. Now you know.
Which are you choosing? So I guess it is a choice after all. You're just an idiot who chooses to burn. Oh well.

Forum List

Back