More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

Its actually more, accept the gift God has provided by following Him or be held accountable for your actions
So basically, follow your god or he'll punish you forever. That's not a free choice your god gives you, that's no choice at all. Get it?
Sure it is. Because you can choose to reject it and spend your days in hell. Lots of people do that.

Just like lots of people choose to be criminals, and end up in jail. Same thing. It's known as "judgement". It happens. You are free to make the wrong choice. Go for it. But you are going to be judged by your choices. Get over it.
Your god says follow me or I'll shoot you, that's a threat not a choice. Now you know.

Lets for the sake of argument say that is actually what God was saying.

You do realize that if someone gives you 1 of two or more options from which to choose from, they are giving you a choice right? The very use of the word "or" creates a choice. This does not change merely because you dont like the consequences
It's a false choice. And not really a choice at all. You follow or you burn. Thinking that that's a choice is completely absurd. And any "god" who threatens me like that isn't worthy of my respect.
So you choose hell. Got it.

So basically, follow your god or he'll punish you forever. That's not a free choice your god gives you, that's no choice at all. Get it?
Sure it is. Because you can choose to reject it and spend your days in hell. Lots of people do that.

Just like lots of people choose to be criminals, and end up in jail. Same thing. It's known as "judgement". It happens. You are free to make the wrong choice. Go for it. But you are going to be judged by your choices. Get over it.
Your god says follow me or I'll shoot you, that's a threat not a choice. Now you know.
No, that's not what my God says. You should read up.
Follow me or I'll make you burn in hell forever. It's a threat, not a choice. Now you know.
Which are you choosing? So I guess it is a choice after all. You're just an idiot who chooses to burn. Oh well.
Follow or burn forever? That's right out of Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao or Hitler's playbook. If you think that's a real choice, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

Lets for the sake of argument say that is actually what God was saying.

You do realize that if someone gives you 1 of two or more options from which to choose from, they are giving you a choice right? The very use of the word "or" creates a choice. This does not change merely because you dont like the consequences
It's a false choice. And not really a choice at all. You follow or you burn. Thinking that that's a choice is completely absurd. And any "god" who threatens me like that isn't worthy of my respect.
So you choose hell. Got it.
First of all, it that shit was real, I'd have no choice but to obey and follow. Good thing it's only made up shit to scare simpletons into obeying and giving money.

[

In all fairness, the Christian religion DOES say "accept Christ or burn in hell for all eternity."
in ALL fairness it says John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
When you read that out loud, does it sound dumb and make no sense to you as well? :D

Follow me or I'll make you burn in hell forever. It's a threat, not a choice. Now you know.
Which are you choosing? So I guess it is a choice after all. You're just an idiot who chooses to burn. Oh well.
Follow or burn forever? That's right out of Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao or Hitler's playbook. If you think that's a real choice, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.
And yet you've CHOSEN hellfire. Got it.

And yet you've CHOSEN hellfire. Got it.
No, I choose not to follow some fake god who threatens me with bullshit if I don't pay up and obey. :D

I respect Christianity but it makes no sense to me. The most part of my friend are religious enough. What I fail to comprehend is why every single one of my Christian friends label themselves as conservative. Doesn't that defy the fundamental teachings of the bible? Or am I making false assumptions and the bible is truly more conservative than liberal? What is the very nature of Christianity: liberal or conservative one?
How was he liberal? Did he support abortion? Free immigration? It makes no sense to talk liberal/conservative to a man dead 1985 years. Was Tiberius a liberal emperor given his attitudes about homosexuality?
Herod must have been a liberal King. (Yeah, right) Kings back then didn't believe in liberal/conservative. They believed in obedient/dead

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
Its actually more, accept the gift God has provided by following Him or be held accountable for your actions

---
From the scarce information we actually know, Jesus of Nazareth never threatened others with burning in hell if they did not follow his ideas.
That threat was made up by certain followers (clergy) to convince the masses to obey THEM.

It's clear that Christianity was a political tool that became widespread 300 years after Jesus died, and his death was interpreted & used by political con men against the mostly uneducated masses, which comprised 99% of the population in those days.

Nowadays, educated/logical people don't have an excuse.

So here we have examples of ppl choosing to reject God and heaven and being allowed to go about their day. See, there is a choice. There's always a choice. And then there are consequences.

Consequence in no way confirms that choice doesn't exist. Just ask the prison inmates who chose to take mind altering substances and kill ppl.

So here we have examples of ppl choosing to reject God and heaven and being allowed to go about their day. See, there is a choice. There's always a choice. And then there are consequences.

---
You can also choose stupidity, and there are consequences for that too.

except that is bullshit.......he didn't make you choose what you have chosen.....if you don't want it, don't choose it.......

I have chosen in accordance to my nature. If your god were real - which he is not - but if he were, then it would be he who gave me a brain and the capacity to reason. Yet he would torment me for all time because I reason.

It's illogical and frankly evil.

why worry about opinions....the Bible isn't vague....you get what you choose......
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son

That's not a choice, that's a threat.

Do it or I torture you for all eternity.
It's a choice. You choose to believe he doesn't exist. You ppl think that it's not a choice if there are negative consequences for your willful stupidity. Tell me...why would god surround himself with people who hated and doubted him? Only an idiot would do that. You have the choice, there's a door to go through. You exclude yourselves and choose the fire, instead of opening the door. Good luck with that.

except that is bullshit.......he didn't make you choose what you have chosen.....if you don't want it, don't choose it.......

I have chosen in accordance to my nature. If your god were real - which he is not - but if he were, then it would be he who gave me a brain and the capacity to reason. Yet he would torment me for all time because I reason.

No it isn't. It's reasonable to choose the light, and we have within us the desire to seek it. We're happier when we choose God. You reject that because you have an unreasonable arrogance and confidence I your own puny abilities. You reject the truth and view your own narrow understanding as the end all in perception.

so that's the god you've chosen to believe in.......now all you have to do is convince him to bring you to HIS paradise so you don't end up in the Christian's hell......

I've chosen reason. I've chosen intellect. I've chosen reality.

The god of the bible has no place in reason.
Nonsence. You've chosen a dark closet and you're allowing your pride to keep you in it. Man is nothing but a dumb, destructive animal without God.

Most, if not all, of the greatest intellects the world has ever seen were ppl of faith.

---
From the scarce information we actually know, Jesus of Nazareth never threatened others with burning in hell if they did not follow his ideas.
That threat was made up by certain followers (clergy) to convince the masses to obey THEM.

It's clear that Christianity was a political tool that became widespread 300 years after Jesus died, and his death was interpreted & used by political con men against the mostly uneducated masses, which comprised 99% of the population in those days.

Nowadays, educated/logical people don't have an excuse.

No christians that 'believe' Jesus is god do

why worry about opinions....the Bible isn't vague....you get what you choose......
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son

That's not a choice, that's a threat.

Do it or I torture you for all eternity.
It's a choice. You choose to believe he doesn't exist. You ppl think that it's not a choice if there are negative consequences for your willful stupidity. Tell me...why would god surround himself with people who hated and doubted him? Only an idiot would do that. You have the choice, there's a door to go through. You exclude yourselves and choose the fire, instead of opening the door. Good luck with that.

No it isn't. It's reasonable to choose the light, and we have within us the desire to seek it. We're happier when we choose God. You reject that because you have an unreasonable arrogance and confidence I your own puny abilities. You reject the truth and view your own narrow understanding as the end all in perception.

---
You sound like a parrot, and paranoid to think for yourself.
If you can only take control of your fears about a hypothetical "afterlife", you will see the "light" of rationality

Forum List

Back