More ipads will solve the achievement gap and get minorities into tech

Why We Need More Minority Tech-Entrepreneurs - Forbes

Jesus these people are morons. The problem is broken families and not valuing education. And for women, they simply have no interest in tech in large numbers. They would rather go into low paying traditionally women fields, then whine that inventors make more money than elementary school teachers.

WTF are you talking about? "Women are not interested in tech and go into low paying jobs." The issue with education is not just "broken families", once again you imply it is the female at fault for the child not perusing an education, since it is the female saddled with the child most of the time when a relationship ends.

No one can stop divorce or unwed pregnancy. One can educate and try to change things, but bitching about focusing on the area where education needs improvement and colleges trying to change that, is plain idiotic IMO.

CaféAuLait;9102960 said:

Jesus these people are morons. The problem is broken families and not valuing education. And for women, they simply have no interest in tech in large numbers. They would rather go into low paying traditionally women fields, then whine that inventors make more money than elementary school teachers.

WTF are you talking about? "Women are not interested in tech and go into low paying jobs." The issue with education is not just "broken families", once again you imply it is the female at fault for the child not perusing an education, since it is the female saddled with the child most of the time when a relationship ends.

No one can stop divorce or unwed pregnancy. One can educate and try to change things, but bitching about focusing on the area where education needs improvement and colleges trying to change that, is plain idiotic IMO.
Are you literate? This is about young people, school age. Perhaps if there are so many teen girls getting pregnant they shouldn't be fucking so much? I didn't realize that teen pregnancy was why there were virtually no women in my engineering classes in college. Thanks for setting me straight, you fucking moron.

CaféAuLait;9102960 said:

Are you literate? This is about young people, school age. Perhaps if there are so many teen girls getting pregnant they shouldn't be fucking so much? I didn't realize that teen pregnancy was why there were virtually no women in my engineering classes in college. Thanks for setting me straight, you fucking moron.

I guess you did not read the article in your haste. I know it speaks about school age children. It speaks of education and the marginalization of minority kids in school BEFORE college and how to assure they are able to advance to a better education in STEM fields.

As far as women not advancing as much in Engineering, its not because they can't its because they feel inadequate either by the way parents raised them, society in general, or their belief its a mans job. I recall the recent outrage over lego blocks being marketed for girls. Why the hell not?

It reminds me of this old question...

A man and his son were in a car accident. The man died on the way to the hospital, but the boy was rushed into surgery. The surgeon said “I can't operate, for that's my son!” How is this possible?

Many wrinkle their brow, until they get it.

Its not because women can't its because they believed they should not or would never get there, the same way minorities were lead to believe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back