More record temps

Its so hot here in Houston. The tempatures seem like they are getting hotter and hotter. We had an all tiem record last week of 106 degrees. It was the hotteset day to ever be recorded in Houston. I remember when i was 8 i used to play outside like go to the park with my friends, bike riding, play hide and seek basicall any outside game. That was almost 18 years ago. Now my daughter is 8 and the heat outside is so unbearable it hard staying outside for too long. Not only is it hot and muggy but the grass is dry and rough. Nobody likes to run and play in th grass anymore because its soo dry. I loved the way grass felt beneath my toes now i feel like im walking on branches.

The heat is horrible. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon. Some was predicted by tonight but im not to sure.

Its so hot here in Houston. The tempatures seem like they are getting hotter and hotter. We had an all tiem record last week of 106 degrees. It was the hotteset day to ever be recorded in Houston. I remember when i was 8 i used to play outside like go to the park with my friends, bike riding, play hide and seek basicall any outside game. That was almost 18 years ago. Now my daughter is 8 and the heat outside is so unbearable it hard staying outside for too long. Not only is it hot and muggy but the grass is dry and rough. Nobody likes to run and play in th grass anymore because its soo dry. I loved the way grass felt beneath my toes now i feel like im walking on branches.

The heat is horrible. Hopefully we'll get some rain soon. Some was predicted by tonight but im not to sure.

The heat is because of a set up(Meteorological) that has happened before and will happen again. Global warming would increase the likely hood of such warm set up within a faster occurring time span, but wouldn't make the set up in the first place. Also .4c of warming if you can trust the temperature network of the globe wouldn't=this kind of a climate change outside of the extreme events.

Imagine the earth for a moment in 1950 was .4c cooler globally, while today it is warmer, which means that either the area's of above normal for a time period(1950-1990) are warmer in intensity then the cold area's or they have grown within there scale over the cold area's. Climate is about what your avg is and how that changes within your area or nationally, or even globally has to do with what it avg's out to be. Climate=avg of the weather over a time scale for a area or a "planet" such as global warming. It is called global warming as it has to do with the global avg temperature.

The west coast is cooler then avg, but your area is warmer....What is more intense and larger within its scale? IF the warmer then avg is larger or more intense=the USA is going to be warmer then normal. Take this globally.

Of course we're assuming right off the BAT that the earth is NOW .4c warming then 1980. The USA had its warmest year ever in 1934, but cooled back to the 1920's by 1950-1970s and has just warmed back to the early 1930's. I'm sure you were not born in the 1930's?

Last edited:
And while it's been warm here in the central US (but cold here in northern Nevada and seemingly the entire west coast) it has been a very chilly winter in Ireland. It appears to be the coldest since 1851.....

"ONE of our coldest summers ever has been followed by the coldest August in 25 years.

Following an "unspectacular summer" of the coldest June in nearly 40 years and the coldest July in 50 years, this month is now one of the coldest since records began in 1851.

The last time temperatures for the month were as low was when the country was struck by Hurricane Charley in 1986 and witnessed record rainfall and flooding.

Met Eireann records show temperatures have been up to 1.3C below average this month at all 10 of its stations across the country. The lowest temperature has been a nippy 2.7C in Mullingar, with highest temperatures across the nation ranging from 15-17C, at best.

A forecaster for Met Eireann said: "While the current weather hasn't been brilliant, it hasn't been a bad summer.

"It has been very cool but it hasn't been a wet one and rainfall is well below average in most places."

Early season sunny spells were soon forgotten about and the maximum temperature this summer only managed to be 25.5C in Co Carlow, on June 3.

The last time Ireland's peak summer temperature was so low was 46 years ago when the top temperature was 25.2C.

Met Eireann said Dublin's main weather station, at the airport, averaged just 13.8C, the coldest since July 1965, which saw 13.1C.

A forecast for the next seven days shows that the current situation is not due to change and is described as "unsettled".

Any suggestions that the current weather dip is building up for winter were dismissed with Met Eireann saying it has no bearing on what can be expected towards the end of the year.

- David Whelan

Irish Independent"

What summer? August was coldest in 25 years - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

UAH Global Temperature Update for August, 2011: +0.33 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Poor, poor Walleyes, cannot post real science.

AGU: Case for global warming more certain than ever | SciGuy | a Chron.com blog

AGU: Case for global warming more certain than ever
The American Geophysical Union, an organization of nearly 50,000 geophysicists and students, updated its position statement on global warming today. The new statement is stronger than the original statement, released in 2003.

Here’s the opening to the original statement, which allows some uncertainty:

Human activities are increasingly altering the Earth’s climate. These effects add to natural influences that have been present over Earth’s history.

And here’s the opening of the revised statement:

The Earth’s climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming.

The revised statement also closes with a fairly strong call-to-action for its members, beyond just doing the science:

Members of the AGU, as part of the scientific community, collectively have special responsibilities: to pursue research needed to understand it; to educate the public on the causes, risks, and hazards; and to communicate clearly and objectively with those who can implement policies to shape future climate.

So there you have it. Despite what you may have read elsewhere about an eroding consensus, the world’s largest organization of Earth scientists believes the scientific case for human-caused global warming is getting stronger, not weaker.

That doesn’t mean they’re right, of course, but it is what it is.

And while it's been warm here in the central US (but cold here in northern Nevada and seemingly the entire west coast) it has been a very chilly winter in Ireland. It appears to be the coldest since 1851.....

"ONE of our coldest summers ever has been followed by the coldest August in 25 years.

Following an "unspectacular summer" of the coldest June in nearly 40 years and the coldest July in 50 years, this month is now one of the coldest since records began in 1851.

The last time temperatures for the month were as low was when the country was struck by Hurricane Charley in 1986 and witnessed record rainfall and flooding.

Met Eireann records show temperatures have been up to 1.3C below average this month at all 10 of its stations across the country. The lowest temperature has been a nippy 2.7C in Mullingar, with highest temperatures across the nation ranging from 15-17C, at best.

A forecaster for Met Eireann said: "While the current weather hasn't been brilliant, it hasn't been a bad summer.

"It has been very cool but it hasn't been a wet one and rainfall is well below average in most places."

Early season sunny spells were soon forgotten about and the maximum temperature this summer only managed to be 25.5C in Co Carlow, on June 3.

The last time Ireland's peak summer temperature was so low was 46 years ago when the top temperature was 25.2C.

Met Eireann said Dublin's main weather station, at the airport, averaged just 13.8C, the coldest since July 1965, which saw 13.1C.

A forecast for the next seven days shows that the current situation is not due to change and is described as "unsettled".

Any suggestions that the current weather dip is building up for winter were dismissed with Met Eireann saying it has no bearing on what can be expected towards the end of the year.

- David Whelan

Irish Independent"

What summer? August was coldest in 25 years - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

UAH Global Temperature Update for August, 2011: +0.33 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

The American Geophysical Union, an organization of nearly 50,000 geophysicists and students, updated its position statement on global warming today. The new statement is stronger than the original statement, released in 2003.

Human activities are increasingly altering the Earth’s climate. These effects add to natural influences that have been present over Earth’s history.

The revised statement also closes with a fairly strong call-to-action for its members, beyond just doing the science:

Members of the AGU, as part of the scientific community, collectively have special responsibilities: to pursue research needed to understand it; to educate the public on the causes, risks, and hazards; and to communicate clearly and objectively with those who can implement policies to shape future climate.

So there you have it. Despite what you may have read elsewhere about an eroding consensus, the world’s largest organization of Earth scientists believes the scientific case for human-caused global warming is getting stronger, not weaker.

Poor ol' rockhead can't figure out when he's been duped. :lol:

- David Whelan

Irish Independent"

:eusa_shhh:

This thread has become about as compelling as group navel contemplation.................

201247.jpg

The k00ks who promote all these numbers/data/facts.........really think it is serving some kind of purpose ( presumably). The dopey author of this thread has been posting up this same information every day for years now.......and then there are the other like-followers who get all giddy just the same every single day..........for years.

My question is...............for what purpose?

If we are to assume that it is for the purpose of raising awareness about temperatures to create a groundswell of hyper-activism to drastically change public policy to drop all priorities to fight "man-made" global warming.................guess what................

I digress to photo above:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::funnyface:

By the way Chris.........whatcha think of my Sean Connery Photoshop?? Shits gonna be following your temp posts for a long, long time s0n!!! Just on principle alone...........

Last edited:
This thread has become about as compelling as group navel contemplation.................

201247.jpg

The k00ks who promote all these numbers/data/facts.........really think it is serving some kind of purpose ( presumably). The dopey author of this thread has been posting up this same information every day for years now.......and then there are the other like-followers who get all giddy just the same every single day..........for years.

My question is...............for what purpose?

If we are to assume that it is for the purpose of raising awareness about temperatures to create a groundswell of hyper-activism to drastically change public policy to drop all priorities to fight "man-made" global warming.................guess what................

I digress to photo above:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::funnyface:

By the way Chris.........whatcha think of my Sean Connery Photoshop?? Shits gonna be following your temp posts for a long, long time s0n!!! Just on principle alone...........

Yep, their arguments are so compelling (NOT) that even Obama has decided to shelve the ozone nonsense.

"President Barack Obama has asked EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson to withdraw the agency’s proposed toughened ozone standards, citing “the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover.” The President’s statement and EPA’s are below.

These are rules that would provide no health benefits but cost $1 trillion per year in compliance and kill 7.4 million jobs by 2020.

So this is a hugely important victory for American workers and the economy, as well as those of us who have been fighting the EPA’s proposed ozone standards.

In a separate statement, EPA administrator Lisa Jackson says the agency will “revisit” the ozone standard. But that won’t occur until at least 2013 — when, with any luck, she will be able to revisit it from an unemployment line.

President Obama’s statement:

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release September 02, 2011
Statement by the President on the Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards

Over the last two and half years, my administration, under the leadership of EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson, has taken some of the strongest actions since the enactment of the Clean Air Act four decades ago to protect our environment and the health of our families from air pollution. From reducing mercury and other toxic air pollution from outdated power plants to doubling the fuel efficiency of our cars and trucks, the historic steps we’ve taken will save tens of thousands of lives each year, remove over a billion tons of pollution from our air, and produce hundreds of billions of dollars in benefits for the American people.

At the same time, I have continued to underscore the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover. With that in mind, and after careful consideration, I have requested that Administrator Jackson withdraw the draft Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards at this time. Work is already underway to update a 2006 review of the science that will result in the reconsideration of the ozone standard in 2013. Ultimately, I did not support asking state and local governments to begin implementing a new standard that will soon be reconsidered.

I want to be clear: my commitment and the commitment of my administration to protecting public health and the environment is unwavering. I will continue to stand with the hardworking men and women at the EPA as they strive every day to hold polluters accountable and protect our families from harmful pollution. And my administration will continue to vigorously oppose efforts to weaken EPA’s authority under the Clean Air Act or dismantle the progress we have made.

EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson’s statement:

Statement by EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson on the Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards

Since day one, under President Obama’s leadership, EPA has worked to ensure health protections for the American people, and has made tremendous progress to ensure that Clean Air Act standards protect all Americans by reducing our exposures to harmful air pollution like mercury, arsenic and carbon dioxide. This Administration has put in place some of the most important standards and safeguards for clean air in U.S. history: the most significant reduction of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide air pollution across state borders; a long-overdue proposal to finally cut mercury pollution from power plants; and the first-ever carbon pollution standards for cars and trucks. We will revisit the ozone standard, in compliance with the Clean Air Act."

- David Whelan

Irish Independent"

I see. All the scientific societies in the world are set on duping me. Right. And all the National Academies of Science. And all the major Universities.

Got your little tinfoil hat on again, I see.

I see. All the scientific societies in the world are set on duping me. Right. And all the National Academies of Science. And all the major Universities.

Got your little tinfoil hat on again, I see.

Yeah...you've been duped. Your too stupid to follow the money, rockhead. :lol:

Meister, you are just plain stupid. The scientists are from differant countries with differant political systems and ideologies. Yet they all agree, AGW is real and a threat.

The leading Scientific Society of Physicists unequivecolly endorses the statement from the AGU. And posts on their site the scientific history of the research into GHGs and how they work, and their effect on the atmosphere and environment.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

That is the American Institute of Physics site.

Of course, you have an obese junkie on the radio for your source of science, so how can you possibly be wrong?

Meister, you are just plain stupid. The scientists are from differant countries with differant political systems and ideologies. Yet they all agree, AGW is real and a threat.

The leading Scientific Society of Physicists unequivecolly endorses the statement from the AGU. And posts on their site the scientific history of the research into GHGs and how they work, and their effect on the atmosphere and environment.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

That is the American Institute of Physics site.

Of course, you have an obese junkie on the radio for your source of science, so how can you possibly be wrong?

THEY DO NOT ALL AGREE!!!

The IPCC says they do, greenpeace says they do, and the UEA feeds the BS. The reality is they do not all agree. In the IPCC reports alone there is a vast disparity in what scientists say as opposed to what the IPCC claims they say. This has been attested to many times by the very scientists they employ. They tell them one thing and they (IPCC) turn into something else. its let go because they are a governmental body and its funding for them.

OK, G-string, enlighten us. Which Scientific Society states that AGW is not a fact? Which National Academy of Science?

Don't need to douchebag, you won't accept anything BUT those on your side anyway. I will not play this ignorant BS game you try to pull out of your ass everytime you get in a corner.

You only accept certain science from certain sources we know this and so do you.... :lol:

LOL. As in 'I can't find any science, and don't understand that crap anyway'. LOL

No, it's as in you're a myopic troll and no amount of reasonable discussion will interact with the minimal brain cells you enjoy. Thus it is no longer worth wasting our time with your horse manure. We have pointed out many times that the various bodies you claim to show universal support for the dogma of AGW are in fact the leadership and NOT THE BODY OF THE MEMBERSHIP of those various organisations.

So feel free to play stupid (well in your case you really are) but we will no longer waste our time with you or your host of clones and sock puppets. Even Obama has decided that the new EPA regs were useless and would siginficantly harm this country's (thereby destroying his chances for reelection) economy, so he has halted the new regs.

Your side loses yet again. I see a whole series of epic failures since CLIMATEGATE hit the news. Seems like the rest of the scientific community does understand the perfidy and underhandedness of your religous cult, and they are abandoning you like the turd in the pool that your group is.

...We have pointed out many times that the various bodies you claim to show universal support for the dogma of AGW are in fact the leadership and NOT THE BODY OF THE MEMBERSHIP of those various organisations...

Please provide support for the implication that the "BODY OF THE MEMBERSHIP" of any national or international scientific organization or group substantively disagrees with the mainstream scientific principles and understandings associated with anthropogenically forced climate change.

LOL. As in 'I can't find any science, and don't understand that crap anyway'. LOL

Translation = Oldsocks used his crutch he falls back on in every AGW argument now.

LOL, it doesn't matter the groups he cites are the ones perpetuating the nonsense, or the illogical contention that all others are not to be trusted, he believes it saves his ass...:lol:

No, it's as in you're a myopic troll and no amount of reasonable discussion will interact with the minimal brain cells you enjoy. Thus it is no longer worth wasting our time with your horse manure. We have pointed out many times that the various bodies you claim to show universal support for the dogma of AGW are in fact the leadership and NOT THE BODY OF THE MEMBERSHIP of those various organisations.

So feel free to play stupid (well in your case you really are) but we will no longer waste our time with you or your host of clones and sock puppets. Even Obama has decided that the new EPA regs were useless and would siginficantly harm this country's (thereby destroying his chances for reelection) economy, so he has halted the new regs.

Your side loses yet again. I see a whole series of epic failures since CLIMATEGATE hit the news. Seems like the rest of the scientific community does understand the perfidy and underhandedness of your religous cult, and they are abandoning you like the turd in the pool that your group is.

So funny, Walleyes. Why yes, there has been one Scientific Society in which the members forced the leadership to rescind it's statements on Global Warming.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global warming controversyIn 2006 the AAPG was criticized for selecting Michael Crichton for their Journalism Award "for his recent science-based thriller State of Fear", in which Crichton exposed his skeptical view of global warming, and for Jurassic Park.[2] Daniel P. Schrag, a geochemist who directs the Harvard University Center for the Environment, called the award "a total embarrassment" that he said "reflects the politics of the oil industry and a lack of professionalism" on the association's part.[3] The award has since been renamed the "Geosciences in the Media" Award.[4]

The criticism drew attention to the AAPG's 1999 position statement[5] formally rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate. The Council of the American Quaternary Association wrote in a criticism of the award that the "AAPG stands alone among scientific societies in its denial of human-induced effects on global warming."[6]

As recently as March 2007, articles in the newsletter of the AAPG Division of Professional Affairs stated that "the data does not support human activity as the cause of global warming"[7] and characterize the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports as "wildly distorted and politicized."[8]

[edit] 2007 AAPG revised positionAcknowledging that the association's previous policy statement on Climate Change was "not supported by a significant number of our members and prospective members",[9] AAPG's formal stance was reviewed and changed in July 2007.
The new statement formally accepts human activity as at least one contributor to carbon dioxide increase, but does not confirm its link to climate change, saying its members are "divided on the degree of influence that anthropogenic CO2 has" on climate. AAPG also stated support for "research to narrow probabilistic ranges on the effect of anthropogenic CO2 on global climate."[10]

AAPG also withdrew its earlier criticism of other scientific organizations and research stating, "Certain climate simulation models predict that the warming trend will continue, as reported through NAS, AGU, AAAS, and AMS. AAPG respects these scientific opinions but wants to add that the current climate warming projections could fall within well-documented natural variations in past climate and observed temperature data. These data do not necessarily support the maximum case scenarios forecast in some models."

Forum List

Back