More record temps

Westwall: YOU are not three thousand years old. Is the world getting warmer according to YOU? From you own experience? Yes or no? Is that too hard to answer? Were are you from & how old are you, can I ask? Is that a bother?
*sigh*

How old is the Earth? How long do climate cycles last?

Thirty years is the blink of an eye. You may as well be saying that since it's warmer in the afternoon than at sunrise, that's proof of global warming.

Maybe, "DUDE". You never answered my query, either. You equivocate like a liberal. But, never mind. I am 53. Denver, Colorado, and, RECORD high temps for August here. YOU?

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and haven't had a record breaking day here for highs this year....but we did have a couple of records broken for the latest day in the year to reach 70 and 80.
Thanks for the liberal insult. By the way...I am older than you by a few years.

I am moving to Idaho, no illegal aliens AND perfect weather, too. WOW , How do ya manage to avoid the same afflictions that plague the rest of rest of America? Smugness? Good for you! You will never understand what an ironic post this is from me...
So, his weather extremes don't count. Only places with record high temps do.

Okay, you're dismissed.

It’s Hotter here in the Midwest, but, it’s just cooler in Idaho, magically? Something isn’t adding up here. I don't believe you, westwall. Or, perhaps, it’s a fluke, or you are lying? I could JUST look it up, ya know. I have nothing to gain, YOU? If I am wrong I will admit it. I mentioned Illegal aliens, because I live with BOTH them and global warming. This is a constant of the elitists that promote profits over rationality. But I digress, THAT was way off topic.

Well the reason it's so hot within the midwest is because of a large area of high pressure centered over Texas that has been centered there for the past 3-4 months. What a high pressure does is increase pressure within the air column throughout the Atmosphere...It does this through as the air "convergences" at 200-300 millibar level or 30,000-50,000 feet within the Atmosphere and divergences clockwise within the northern Hemisphere at the surface(surface pressure). What this does is cause the air to sink or decrease within its moisture(latent heat) and causes the lapse rate to warm as the air flows from the Atmosphere to the surface. This decreases cloud cover and so you have 1# sunny weather 2# hotter weather with little clouds.

This area of high pressure has sat there for months forcing the jet stream to the northern United states and southern Canada, while the west coast has been within cold weather within a dip within the jet stream. The opposite occurs with low pressure with the air convergences at the surface and removes the air as it rises and forms the clouds from a decrease within the lapse rate and condenses as it goes from a evaporation to condensation. That is a stage change.

Your area is hot for a reason and westwall and my area is cool for a reason. All to do with weather.
Hey! No fair using science in a global warming thread! :cool:

After reviewing three "studies" and observing the lack of scientific rigour, then witnessing the continuing falsification of the historical record it is no longer neccessary to read anything from climate 'mafia'. They have demonstrated their complete lack of scientific ethics so they no longer matter.

Do these "studies" have names? Can we "read" them in order to judge for ourselves? What "points" in particular, in the "studies", lack scientific "rigor" and "why" "?"

-"the most"

After reviewing three "studies" and observing the lack of scientific rigour, then witnessing the continuing falsification of the historical record it is no longer neccessary to read anything from climate 'mafia'. They have demonstrated their complete lack of scientific ethics so they no longer matter.

Do these "studies" have names? Can we "read" them in order to judge for ourselves? What "points" in particular, in the "studies", lack scientific "rigor" and "why" "?"

-"the most"

The studies are those from the post I quoted. Feel free to review them yourself.

-"the most"

The studies are those from the post I quoted. Feel free to review them yourself.

"the post I quoted" sounds deliberately vague.

Doesn't sound like you're very familiar with the studies you so vaguely refer to. You can't even point to one specific thing you have a problem with. I doubt you've actually read them yourself. Usually when I read a paper and understand it, I at least remember enough that I can recite the top authors and the year.

Last edited:

-"the most"

Doesn't sound like you're very familiar with the studies you so vaguely refer to. You can't even point to one specific thing you have a problem with. I doubt you've actually read them yourself. Usually when I read a paper and understand it, I at least remember enough that I can recite the top authors and the year.

For a PhD candidate you are remarkably unobservant. I suggest you go back to the source. It's a few pages back. I'm sure you're capable of finding it.

And while it's been warm here in the central US (but cold here in northern Nevada and seemingly the entire west coast) it has been a very chilly winter in Ireland. It appears to be the coldest since 1851.....

"ONE of our coldest summers ever has been followed by the coldest August in 25 years.

Following an "unspectacular summer" of the coldest June in nearly 40 years and the coldest July in 50 years, this month is now one of the coldest since records began in 1851.

The last time temperatures for the month were as low was when the country was struck by Hurricane Charley in 1986 and witnessed record rainfall and flooding.

Met Eireann records show temperatures have been up to 1.3C below average this month at all 10 of its stations across the country. The lowest temperature has been a nippy 2.7C in Mullingar, with highest temperatures across the nation ranging from 15-17C, at best.

A forecaster for Met Eireann said: "While the current weather hasn't been brilliant, it hasn't been a bad summer.

"It has been very cool but it hasn't been a wet one and rainfall is well below average in most places."

Early season sunny spells were soon forgotten about and the maximum temperature this summer only managed to be 25.5C in Co Carlow, on June 3.

The last time Ireland's peak summer temperature was so low was 46 years ago when the top temperature was 25.2C.

Met Eireann said Dublin's main weather station, at the airport, averaged just 13.8C, the coldest since July 1965, which saw 13.1C.

A forecast for the next seven days shows that the current situation is not due to change and is described as "unsettled".

Any suggestions that the current weather dip is building up for winter were dismissed with Met Eireann saying it has no bearing on what can be expected towards the end of the year.

- David Whelan

Irish Independent"

What summer? August was coldest in 25 years - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

I am a frustrated AMERICAN right now. I AM no freaking dumbass liberal, so loose that assumption right here & now. You people think I am a tree hugging dink, forget about it. Temperatures in the American mid-west, let alone the average world temps, have risen. THAT isn't something I made up, FACT, one I have lived with for years. Some of you Folks can’t have missed that it HAS gotten warmer, in general., unless you are conservative and live in a bubble in Idaho. I HAVE NO axe to grind here other make it clear some of us AMERICANS think that we should put our survival ahead of greed & profit of multinational corporations. That goes on MANY different levels, not just this one. Please. Think of this in terms of "insurance". Perhaps, this is natural and unavoidable, perhaps not. ( You guys with that mention the solar influence? Good, that is ONE possibility . Just ONE possibility, though). If you buy insurance, you know, sometimes , regardless of the remote possibilities, sometime we have to guard against silly things like , floods, earthquakes, tornados. The possibility that global climate changes are man made? Don’t tell me that it isn’t possible nor it is foolish to take man made causes into account here . I think, given the variables, we should try to do something to alleviate it just in case, it makes pure ol’ American common sense to ME. Maybe some of you folks have vested interest in your stock portfolios or what some some ding-a-ling tells you what to think ? Just give me neg reps or ignore me, then. Throw caution aside. Gamble with America’s and the worlds’ future to save a few bucks. What can I do?

Last edited:
I am a frustrated AMERICAN right now. I AM no freaking dumbass liberal, so loose that assumption right here & now. You people think I am a tree hugging dink, forget about it. Temperatures in the American mid-west, let alone the average world temps, have risen. THAT isn't something I made up, FACT, one I have lived with for years. Some of you Folks can’t have missed that it HAS gotten warmer, in general., unless you are conservative and live in a bubble in Idaho. I HAVE NO axe to grind here other make it clear some of us AMERICANS think that we should put our survival ahead of greed & profit of multinational corporations. That goes on MANY different levels, not just this one. Please. Think of this in terms of "insurance". Perhaps, this is natural and unavoidable, perhaps not. ( You guys with that mention the solar influence? Good, that is ONE possibility . Just ONE possibility, though). If you buy insurance, you know, sometimes , regardless of the remote possibilities, sometime we have to guard against silly things like , floods, earthquakes, tornados. The possibility that global climate changes are man made? Don’t tell me that it isn’t possible nor it is foolish to take man made causes into account here . I think, given the variables, we should try to do something to alleviate it just in case, it makes pure ol’ American common sense to ME. Maybe some of you folks have vested interest in your stock portfolios or what some some ding-a-ling tells you what to think ? Just give me neg reps or ignore me, then. Throw caution aside. Gamble with America’s and the worlds’ future to save a few bucks. What can I do?

So with all that you stated...what's your solution to bring down the temperature of the world....hmmmm? I'm really curious what a non liberal has to say about this. :eusa_whistle:

My friend lets just say that I agree that it has
1# Been hot within the midwest for reasons that I stated in a post within this thread.
2# That the global temperatures have been warming the past 30-40 years. Not debatable.

The question is why it's warming as the tsi/solar output has been sloping slowly downwards since 1955. Of course gssack will note other factors, which are very possible.

You have to ask how accurate the temperature data is
-How much can you trust a temperature ob in 1940 within the congo or central Asia(Lao's, Thailand). Don't tell me very good.
-considering the US has a fairly loose standard its self of having these temperature stations near pavement, buildings, ect...We even have to question that.
+Sure we have satellite data for the past 30 years, which I believe is pretty good. So yes we have warmed.

=why is it warming? Some will SAY co2 is acting as a positive forcing on our climate, but others will point out that there is no way around the second law of thermodynamics...Fourier attempt to explain how it could work is being challenged. Some pretty serious physics are being debated. I say serious because even the experts are banging there heads on the table over it.

-now if you believe it is co2---> how accurate are the models in truly understanding the crappy understanding of the physics. Good luck.
-we're figuring out that there is a lot more to this then first meets the eye. I'd expect in 20 years from now we will be wondering wtf we're talking today.

What do you suggest to stop it?

Last edited:

Have you noticed that Ireland is having the coldest summer since 1851? I have been here in my current location for 24 years now. In that time I have seen the end of a cooling phase and the beginning middle and now ending of a warming phase.

From 1990 to 2006 we had to have the A/C on during the night for around 6 weeks of the summer. From 2007 on that has been diminishing. Last year we ran it for a week. This year we havn't run the A/C at all.

Your entire life is quite literally shorter than the blink of an eye to the planet. What you perceive is irrelevent. It has no bearing on what is actually occuring. If you have read anything about the warming issue you would have come across a certain fact that renders all the hype and CO2 pseudo science moot. Those are the Vostock ice cores. They show beyond doubt that warming occurs first then up to 800 years later CO2 levels increase. Furhtermore, it has been shown that even with CO2 levels maintaining the high levels for a period of 1000 years there were two cycles of warming and cooling and the CO2 levels changed very little thus proving beyond doubt that CO2 is not a driver of temperature it's levels in the atmosphere are a RESULT of warming.

Last edited:

1# Been hot within the midwest for reasons that I stated in a post within this thread.
2# That the global temperatures have been warming the past 30-40 years. Not debatable.

The question is why it's warming as the tsi/solar output has been sloping slowly downwards since 1955. Of course gssack will note other factors, which are very possible.

-How much can you trust a temperature ob in 1940 within the congo or central Asia(Lao's, Thailand). Don't tell me very good.
-considering the US has a fairly loose standard its self of having these temperature stations near pavement, buildings, ect...We even have to question that.
+Sure we have satellite data for the past 30 years, which I believe is pretty good. So yes we have warmed.

=why is it warming? Some will SAY co2 is acting as a positive forcing on our climate, but others will point out that there is no way around the second law of thermodynamics...Fourier attempt to explain how it could work is being challenged. Some pretty serious physics are being debated. I say serious because even the experts are banging there heads on the table over it.

-now if you believe it is co2---> how accurate are the models in truly understanding the crappy understanding of the physics. Good luck.
-we're figuring out that there is a lot more to this then first meets the eye. I'd expect in 20 years from now we will be wondering wtf we're talking today.

Put a close pin on your nose: Reduce CO2 emissions. That is all I can reply. I can’t do that ALL by myself, it might take a little help. I don't want to be a snarky jerk like so many of our liberal friends. When Paul Revere said : "The British are coming!" Nobody asked him what he was doing to stop them. I think we Americans can put our heads together and at least TRY to find an answer . We are up to it, I think.

Last edited:

Put a close pin on your nose: Reduce CO2 emissions. That is all I can reply. I can’t do that ALL by myself, it might take a little help. I don't want to be a snarky jerk like so many of our liberal friends. When Paul Revere said : "The British are coming!" Nobody asked him what he was doing to stop them. I think we Americans can put our heads together and at least TRY to find an answer . We are up to it, I think.

Dude, I'm not putting a close pin on my nose, but I'd suggest if you went to stop the warming with two full prove two ways.

1# Build millions of sulfur planets(much bigger scale of what is occurring in china) and which will produce cloud nuclei, which will form clouds and reflect the solar energy back to space instead of it making it to the surface.

2# Send a few high yield nukes into a weakness within a super volcano in blow the bastard. Will cool the planet. A vei 8 like Yellowstone would do it. Its possible as you will be kicking in a weakness, which will cause a chain reaction and the whole thing will collapse. Believe me when dealing with a structure such as a super volcano it is all about shape and how it handles the pressure. It kick out a focal point it is possible. Also in the fact that we have 6,000 plus nukes to throw down it until it was forced to give is another point.

If you went something to cool the planet there is your answer.:lol:

Last edited:

For a PhD candidate you are remarkably unobservant. I suggest you go back to the source. It's a few pages back. I'm sure you're capable of finding it.

Sorry, its a 66 page long thread, and you're the one making claims about those "studies". If you can't identify the studies you supposedly read as easily as you can make sarcastic replies, then, like I said, its pretty obvious you're not really familiar with them.

I had asked you what specifically was wrong with the studies, and you can't say one thing about it. Why the fuck are you wasting people's times? Don't claim to be familiar with shit you haven't even read.

Last edited:

Sorry, its a 66 page long thread, and you're the one making claims about those "studies". If you can't identify the studies you supposedly read as easily as you can make sarcastic replies, then, like I said, its pretty obvious you're not really familiar with them.

I had asked you what specifically was wrong with the studies, and you can't say one thing about it. Why the fuck are you wasting people's times? Don't claim to be familiar with shit you haven't even read.

I suggest you go back and look at my quote, you know the one you used, the page just beofre that one has all you need. In other words you clowns come in and try and make us waste our time appeasing you. Ain't going to happen anymore. I've addressed you and your clones and described the problems with the studies on numerous occasions, in other words do your own work now.

Your side has made the claim that the weather we are seeing is somehow different from the weather from before....so prove it.

I suggest you go back and look at my quote, you know the one you used, the page just beofre that one has all you need.

I've quoted you many times. Can you please, on purpose, be even more vague?

In other words you clowns come in and try and make us waste our time appeasing you. Ain't going to happen anymore. I've addressed you and your clones and described the problems with the studies on numerous occasions, in other words do your own work now.

Right. The "studies" without names or anything in them that you can remember.

Your side has made the claim that the weather we are seeing is somehow different from the weather from before....so prove it.

I've made no such claim.

Forum List

Back