More record temps

Where is the cooling you predicted, Walleyes? Did you send it to Texas? Arctic Ice very near it's 2007 low. Thought you said it was getting thicker and greater in area.

Where is the cooling you predicted, Walleyes? Did you send it to Texas? Arctic Ice very near it's 2007 low. Thought you said it was getting thicker and greater in area.

Other than "corrected" data it is cooler. Ireland hasn't had a cold summer like this since 1851. We have been cool. The midwest has been hot (southern Texas especially so) but most of the rest of the world has been cooler. As far as the Arctic ice goes, we havn't tied 2007 last time I looked and the thick ice is larger in extent then it has been for years. Remember olfraud, the Earth takes time to do things. She operates on her time scale not your pipsqueek one, so in a couple more years (which is what I predicted the first time) I predict Arctic ice coverage will be greatly increased.

Imagine scientists of centuries ago hearing of selective manipulation of data and rejection of potential variables or new information.

The 'science" of today is more like social science.

gay

The enso for 3.4
The past few weeks we have been between -.6 to -.8c within 3.4.
figure7.gif

A model of the rest of the year shows that we will go below -1.2 to -1.8c with a means near -1.5 or strong nina. Compared to what 2008 had...I think the debate is over on what year had a colder enso...

Looking at these models some of them are trending towards -2c within 3.4. That would be the strongest nina since 1974.

Sept -.20c
Oct -.26c
Nov -.22c
Dec -.73c

2008 surely did attept to go down at the last minute, but compared to 2011 already being in its second nina with -.6c or colder temps in Sept kicks its ass.

Last edited:
Whats to understand is that 2002-2006 was a period of positive neutral to weak-moderate nino; mostly -.4 to +1.2. It was a period of warm ENSO. 2007-2011 IS A PERIOD OF THE OPPOSITE. 2007 to 2011 has been either cold neutral or super nina 75 percent of the time. Only late 2009(Sept, oct) into the first half of 2010 had a nino event until April.

1999-2001 was another such cold event...
1997-1998 was a warm event
1995-1997 was a cold effect
1990-1994 was a very warm enso

If we go into a strong nina before the end of this year and we manage to get into the top 10. 2008 Temperatures can't be matched again. Not even with -2.0c within 3.4 for half a fucking year...At least I don't believe so. I'm ready to say that no year within the next 4 years will be colder then the top 12 that goes back only to 2002. Forget 1999-2001 or even 2008. It would take a unbelievable 1974-1976 event based on what the baseline of this year is. My "model" prediction, I posted here last fall only supported .51c for a avg for this year on a equal 2008 match up...This fucker is dropping way below 2008 within the enso and still is showing to be on line to finish near .53-.54c for the year. Maybe just maybe things are starting to warm once again. It is now above my prediction is all I'm saying...Maybe the increase in solar energy the past 6 month is having some effect?

About 1/3rd of the warming 1992-1998 was rebounding out of the vei 6 volcano
About 1/2rd of the stabilization within temperature on the graph is the "cold period" between 1999-2001 that kepted temperatures from even coming close to 1998 within that period...Follow by a warm period that never had anything anywhere near 1998 from 2002-2006.

Now we're within a period where everything is COLD. Internal forcing IS COLD, COLD, COLD. External forcing from the SUN Is a negative forcing since 2005.

Imagine the period of warming of the 1980s into 1991...The rebound of the vei 6 is what made the 1990's appear to warm as fast as they did...Truth is they didn't warm more then .09 to .12c or near the 1980s...2000's have warmed .13c-.14c, but a warmer middle decade follow by a very cold end made it look less impressive. Lets wait until the next nino by 2016-2018 and you will see.

Doesn't matter what is pulling it upwards, but it just is!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I have come to the conclusion that the "best" method would likely be a mix of Giss and UAh.
1# Giss covers the whole globe
2# UAH could be used to fill in the area's that are not covered very good; antarctic, arctic, africa, ect.
3# The giss temperatures could be checked against the UAH at any location on the globe.
4# Most importantly the giss "ocean" estimates could also be backed by the UAh data.

What this would do is strengthening the giss data set greatly.

Rss doesn't cover most of Antarctica,
Noaa also doesn't or much of the arctic
Not totally complete. With the uah backing the giss estimates over those area's could be greatly increased in there accuracy.

A mixture of giss and backed by the uah we would be a data set to be respected.

It would be nice if the Uah could find away to accurately handle the enso a little better, but nothing is perfect. Hell we could also use the new network of ocean buoy's that are being layed out to strengthen the bastard even more.

What do you think?

Last edited:
2_OHC-2005-2010.jpg

Figure 1 -Revised estimate of global ocean heat content (10-1500 mtrs deep) for 2005-2010 derived from Argo measurements. The 6-yr trend accounts for 0.55±0.10Wm−2. Error bars and trend uncertainties exclude errors induced by remaining systematic errors in the global observing system. See Von Schuckmann & Le Traon (2011)

Argo I believe can't really be used before 2003-2004 time span.

Last edited:
I just looked through the giss data...What I found is for 2011 we're now 43, 51, 57 for 3/4th of this year...Well the best year to compare this year to is 2008. As I talked about above this year within the enso 3.4 is COLDER by -.3c to -.5c at this time...Models forecast by later this fall to get down to -1.2 to -1.5 range. Nearly double 2008 in dec....So YES 2008 .55 for the combined SEPT/OCT/NOV period should be the very highest this year could be IF we didn't warm since 2008. BUT, if My model is right we should of warmed .06c since for the year!

43+51+57+55/4=.515c for this year if the fall is rated the same as 2008...No reason within all that it will be this warm within this enso, but we sure as hell have broken all the rules for a non-warming over 2008 this year.

.515-.44=.075c difference...On the high side with my prediction of .06c from 2008-2010.

For double the effects of negative enso on the second half of this year then 2008...You could knock another .05c to make it more inline for Sept, Oct, Nov 2007, which was the honest start of the 2007-2008 super nina.

So 43+51+57+50/4=50.25c for the year assuming we go into a solid nina for the end of the year like 2007...BUT 2007 never started out with the warmth of a 2006 nino either. So you'ed expect maybe even colder for this year. But anyways this brings things even closer to my models thinking of .0625 of warming since 2008.

I wouldn't forecast colder then .48 for S/O/N period; which would still be supportive of my models thinking. Just our luck we turn out to be .52-.54c for this period...Which would be way above my modeled thinking.

The last s/o/n period that was colder then 2007 was 2000, which had .25c for the period...Add that sucker in there in you would get this year tied with 2008 at .44c. Its NOT POSSIBLE. There is no nina that could form that could force the tropics to cool enough to over take the rest warming that has happen since.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

What is .5025c as a yearly temperature within the giss record? Well, it would make this year the 9th warmest year since 1880.

What else is fun to think about is 2010 with a sept/oct/nov value as 2005 had(no nina)
2010, 68 75 53 63
2005, 59 62 57 68

Imagine if 2010 ended with a neutral pattern of .68 for S, O, N with .57 for June, july, August...

Well you get .67c for the year...I'd say a neutral year like 2005 that happen now would be near .65c +-.03c (So .62-.68c).

OF course to understand the difference between 2005 and 2010 is to consider solar forcing and aerosals slowing the rate of warming...between 1992-2005 it might of been warming as .17-.2c per decade or .017-.02c per year, but since 2008 at least it has been warming near .015/year. Uah suggest closer to .013/year.

A 1998 would be in the .7c today that only drifts into -neutral condition the 3-4 months.

Last edited:
Globe had eighth warmest August on record

...Global Temperature Highlights: June – August

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for June – August 2011 was the seventh warmest on record at 61.11 F (16.16 C), which is 1.01 F (0.56 C) above the 20th century average of 60.1 F (15.6 C). The margin of error associated with this temperature is +/- 0.16 F (0.09 C).

Separately, the global land surface temperature was 1.55 F (0.86 C) above the 20th century average of 56.9 F (13.8 C), which was the third warmest June – August period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.29 F (0.16 C). Warmer-than-average conditions occurred across Mexico, the eastern two-thirds of the United States and Canada, and most of Europe and Asia. Cooler-than-average regions included southern Alaska, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and northern Australia.

The June – August global ocean surface temperature was 0.81 F (0.45 C) above the 20th century average of 61.5 F (16.4 C), making it the 11th warmest June – August on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.07 F (0.04 C). The warmth was most pronounced across the north central, northwest, and south central Pacific, the equatorial north Atlantic, and the Labrador Sea.

Global Temperature Highlights: Year to Date

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the January – August period was 0.92 F (0.51 C) above the 20th century average of 56.9 F (13.8 C), making it the 11th warmest such period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.18 F (0.10 C).

The January – August worldwide land surface temperature was 1.40 F (0.78 C) above the 20th century average — the seventh warmest such period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.36 F (0.20 C). The global ocean surface temperature for the year to date was 0.74 F (0.41 C) above the 20th century average and was the 11th warmest January-August period on record. The margin of error is +/-0.07 F (0.04 C).

Last month, La Niña conditions returned. According to NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, La Niña is expected to gradually strengthen and continue into the Northern Hemisphere winter 2011/12...

mostly just weather, but it is consistent with the currently warming climate trend.

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for June – August 2011 was the seventh warmest on record at 61.11 F (16.16 C), which is 1.01 F (0.56 C) above the 20th century average of 60.1 F (15.6 C). The margin of error associated with this temperature is +/- 0.16 F (0.09 C).

Separately, the global land surface temperature was 1.55 F (0.86 C) above the 20th century average of 56.9 F (13.8 C), which was the third warmest June – August period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.29 F (0.16 C). Warmer-than-average conditions occurred across Mexico, the eastern two-thirds of the United States and Canada, and most of Europe and Asia. Cooler-than-average regions included southern Alaska, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and northern Australia.

The June – August global ocean surface temperature was 0.81 F (0.45 C) above the 20th century average of 61.5 F (16.4 C), making it the 11th warmest June – August on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.07 F (0.04 C). The warmth was most pronounced across the north central, northwest, and south central Pacific, the equatorial north Atlantic, and the Labrador Sea.

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for the January – August period was 0.92 F (0.51 C) above the 20th century average of 56.9 F (13.8 C), making it the 11th warmest such period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.18 F (0.10 C).

The January – August worldwide land surface temperature was 1.40 F (0.78 C) above the 20th century average — the seventh warmest such period on record. The margin of error is +/- 0.36 F (0.20 C). The global ocean surface temperature for the year to date was 0.74 F (0.41 C) above the 20th century average and was the 11th warmest January-August period on record. The margin of error is +/-0.07 F (0.04 C).

Last month, La Niña conditions returned. According to NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, La Niña is expected to gradually strengthen and continue into the Northern Hemisphere winter 2011/12...

mostly just weather, but it is consistent with the currently warming climate trend.

Yeah, sure it is....Funny how you guys come up with all these cute numbers and yet the cold keeps killing critters and people all over the globe......

"Butterfly numbers have fallen after the coldest summer in two decades, a survey shows.
In particular, nearly two thirds of the common blue species were wiped out.
Numbers of all butterflies were down 11 per cent on last year as winds and heavy rain devastated their reproductive patterns.
The figures come from more than 34,000 people who joined the Big Butterfly Count, organised by the Butterfly Conservation charity."

Read more: Coldest summer in 20 years wipes out two-thirds of the common blue butterfly | Mail Online

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/article_2b4e72d4-e93c-57ec-baf7-dc50a99cb9c2.html

Last edited:

Considering the noaa excludes 80 percent of Antarctica and 20 percent of the arctic...I believe it's on the cool side in its monthly and yearly estimations. My reasoning is both UAH and GISS came in at 3rd and 4th with UAH having 80 percent of Antarctica, 90 percent of the arctic within its view and it agreed with the GISS that has nearly 100 percent of both to a "T". In fact the UAH was .33c for August to GISS .3c when you place it on a 1979-2010 baseline to match UAH.

The noaa constantly the past few years has missed a great deal of the warmth; since 2008 at least. I also say this as the satellite temp, buoys, station measurements map produced by the noaa supports the giss, uah too for Antarctica with at least 6c+ above normal over much of the continent...In fact everything when it was more lined up with last month appears to support giss and uah temperature patterns and of course the part it caught the noaa, but the noaa doesn't have much of Antarctica or arctic. Noaa is the half way point between hadley center and Giss and UAH in my opinion.:eusa_whistle:

A post I made earlier in this thread stated my opinion that the giss should be used with the UAH...As the uah can bring some support to its smoothing method over large area's.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/rnl/sfctmpmer_30b.rnl.gif

Last edited:

Yeah, sure it is....Funny how you guys come up with all these cute numbers and yet the cold keeps killing critters and people all over the globe......

"Butterfly numbers have fallen after the coldest summer in two decades, a survey shows.
Numbers of all butterflies were down 11 per cent on last year as winds and heavy rain devastated their reproductive patterns.
The figures come from more than 34,000 people who joined the Big Butterfly Count, organised by the Butterfly Conservation charity."

Read more: Coldest summer in 20 years wipes out two-thirds of the common blue butterfly | Mail Online

Summer is switched off as cold wave invades

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...mean-by-the-warmer-then-avg-being-larger.html

solar-variability.gif

Here is hadcruts 1850 global temperatures

1850/01 -0.691 -0.611 -0.772 -0.347 -1.036 -0.632 -0.743 -0.338 -1.045 -0.333 -1.049
1850/02 -0.357 -0.277 -0.437 -0.029 -0.685 -0.296 -0.410 -0.019 -0.695 -0.014 -0.699
1850/03 -0.816 -0.729 -0.903 -0.534 -1.097 -0.752 -0.868 -0.521 -1.111 -0.514 -1.115
1850/04 -0.586 -0.505 -0.668 -0.340 -0.833 -0.524 -0.641 -0.327 -0.846 -0.319 -0.852
1850/05 -0.385 -0.306 -0.465 -0.126 -0.644 -0.328 -0.432 -0.115 -0.656 -0.109 -0.660
1850/06 -0.311 -0.232 -0.390 -0.092 -0.531 -0.255 -0.358 -0.078 -0.544 -0.071 -0.549
1850/07 -0.237 -0.159 -0.315 0.033 -0.507 -0.181 -0.285 0.044 -0.518 0.050 -0.523
1850/08 -0.340 -0.259 -0.421 -0.035 -0.645 -0.286 -0.384 -0.024 -0.656 -0.020 -0.659
1850/09 -0.510 -0.424 -0.596 -0.207 -0.813 -0.460 -0.554 -0.195 -0.825 -0.191 -0.828
1850/10 -0.504 -0.415 -0.592 -0.225 -0.783 -0.447 -0.551 -0.211 -0.796 -0.206 -0.800
1850/11 -0.259 -0.181 -0.337 -0.035 -0.482 -0.203 -0.308 -0.022 -0.496 -0.015 -0.501

Coldest monthly anomaly since 1850 in hadcruts is early 1864

This july within hadcruts was +.46

So .46+(.93)=1.36c monthly difference in the anomaly.

To all the skepics that point out the graph of the US temperature for 1934 and somehow say it is the global temperature, well here you go! This is the global data for 1934!

1933/09 -0.254 -0.223 -0.285 -0.053 -0.454 -0.156 -0.344 -0.051 -0.457 -0.028 -0.476
1933/10 -0.217 -0.184 -0.249 -0.053 -0.381 -0.105 -0.312 -0.049 -0.384 -0.016 -0.409
1933/11 -0.326 -0.296 -0.356 -0.188 -0.465 -0.218 -0.417 -0.184 -0.468 -0.148 -0.494
1933/12 -0.539 -0.507 -0.571 -0.390 -0.688 -0.436 -0.633 -0.387 -0.691 -0.355 -0.718
1934/01 -0.257 -0.225 -0.289 -0.068 -0.446 -0.157 -0.348 -0.066 -0.448 -0.041 -0.469
1934/02 -0.232 -0.199 -0.265 -0.078 -0.387 -0.137 -0.328 -0.074 -0.390 -0.048 -0.417
1934/03 -0.422 -0.392 -0.453 -0.256 -0.589 -0.325 -0.512 -0.253 -0.592 -0.227 -0.614
1934/04 -0.275 -0.244 -0.306 -0.106 -0.443 -0.175 -0.371 -0.103 -0.446 -0.076 -0.471
1934/05 -0.136 -0.106 -0.167 0.031 -0.304 -0.044 -0.229 0.034 -0.307 0.058 -0.330
1934/06 -0.052 -0.021 -0.082 0.095 -0.198 0.051 -0.142 0.098 -0.201 0.130 -0.226
1934/07 -0.071 -0.039 -0.103 0.122 -0.265 0.030 -0.162 0.125 -0.267 0.150 -0.287
1934/08 -0.058 -0.027 -0.089 0.184 -0.300 0.038 -0.147 0.186 -0.302 0.204 -0.318
1934/09 -0.102 -0.072 -0.131 0.102 -0.305 -0.003 -0.189 0.104 -0.307 0.127 -0.325
1934/10 -0.112 -0.081 -0.143 0.053 -0.277 -0.007 -0.208 0.056 -0.280 0.086 -0.305
1934/11 -0.016 0.014 -0.046 0.116 -0.148 0.090 -0.107 0.119 -0.151 0.156 -0.179
1934/12 -0.177 -0.146 -0.208 -0.024 -0.330 -0.072 -0.274 -0.021 -0.334 0.011 -0.361
1935/01 -0.225 -0.192 -0.259 -0.032 -0.419 -0.124 -0.318 -0.029 -0.422 -0.005 -0.443
1935/02 0.042 0.074 0.009 0.200 -0.116 0.140 -0.055 0.203 -0.120 0.231 -0.146
1935/03 -0.247 -0.216 -0.277 -0.081 -0.412 -0.153 -0.335 -0.078 -0.415 -0.054 -0.437

Last edited:

Just as I predicted, when deniers insisted on using US temperatures rather than global temps while the US temps were lower than the global temps, as soon as US temps become warm the deniers will switch to some other place on the globe, no matter how small, that has cool temps. Blue areas for deniers to cherry-pick are getting fewer and farther between!

201106-201108.gif

Just as I predicted, when deniers insisted on using US temperatures rather than global temps while the US temps were lower than the global temps, as soon as US temps become warm the deniers will switch to some other place on the globe, no matter how small, that has cool temps. Blue areas for deniers to cherry-pick are getting fewer and farther between!

201106-201108.gif

Just pointing out what your non-falsifiable pseudo scientific religious zealots do every time it gets hot....somewhere. Go take it up with them.

LOL. In other words, you were caught again. And, since the temps worldwide have been going up for 150 years, and rather rapidly in the last 30 years, you have no real reply. Look at that map. We are in the second La Nina this year. Yet the map has the measles. Just a few minor areas cooler than the norm.

Walleyes, once again you have been proven full of shit. Sure, it's going to get cooler. You have been stating that since you started posting. But it has continued warming in spite of a low TSI and some very strong La Ninas. As a prophet, you had better keep your day job.

The individual molecule idiocy is just another fancy way of lying.

CO2 has a short residence time

A little quick counting shows that about 200 Gt C leaves and enters the atmosphere each year. As a first approximation then, given the reservoir size of 750 Gt, we can work out that the residence time of a given molecule of CO2 is 750 Gt C / 200 Gt C y-1 = about 3-4 years. (However, careful counting up of the sources (supply) and sinks (removal) shows that there is a net imbalance; carbon in the atmosphere is increasing by about 3.3 Gt per year).

It is true that an individual molecule of CO2 has a short residence time in the atmosphere. However, in most cases when a molecule of CO2 leaves the atmosphere it is simply swapping places with one in the ocean. Thus, the warming potential of CO2 has very little to do with the residence time of CO2.

What really governs the warming potential is how long the extra CO2 remains in the atmosphere. CO2 is essentially chemically inert in the atmosphere and is only removed by biological uptake and by dissolving into the ocean. Biological uptake (with the exception of fossil fuel formation) is carbon neutral: Every tree that grows will eventually die and decompose, thereby releasing CO2. (Yes, there are maybe some gains to be made from reforestation but they are probably minor compared to fossil fuel releases).

Dissolution of CO2 into the oceans is fast but the problem is that the top of the ocean is “getting full” and the bottleneck is thus the transfer of carbon from surface waters to the deep ocean. This transfer largely occurs by the slow ocean basin circulation and turn over (*3). This turnover takes 500-1000ish years. Therefore a time scale for CO2 warming potential out as far as 500 years is entirely reasonable (See IPCC 4th Assessment Report Section 2.10).

Forum List

Back