Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

God's grace can't be owed to you or paid to you for work you've done, that's correct. Nonetheless, God still has his requirements for salvation and that is that your faith bears fruit, in other words, you follow Him and do His Father's will. You can't be a lawless miscreant, committed to a carnal life, and fare well after death. Such people will suffer. Don't deceive yourself.

1Jn 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

Joh 15:1-14 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. (2) Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. (3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. (4) Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. (5) I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (6) If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (7) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (8) Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. (9) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. (10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas_2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

How more clear does it have to be? Faith without works is dead. The only faith that saves is one that works, not a broken, useless faith. It's one that bears fruit.
Nope. I'm saved immediately when I confess the name of Jesus is Lord
That's Scripture that I just showed you.

OK, well that's your opinion. The 1st-century church was established by the apostles and they applied a process by which they ordained priests and bishops..etc, you can read about that in the Bible, in the book of Acts and it's a historical fact. That system eventually became corrupted but God restored the church through the prophet Joseph Smith here in the United States almost 200 years ago. If you don't believe that, that's your prerogative. No hard feelings. You can be a good Christian where you are now, despite depriving yourself of the complete gospel and most recent divine revelation. We don't believe everyone burns in hell for not converting to our point of view.
I don't believe that story. You're wasting your time.

Nope. I'm saved immediately when I confess the name of Jesus is Lord
That's Scripture that I just showed you.
What's the scripture you cited earlier? I remember you quoting a passage out of context, ignoring the verses that followed. If you want to believe you're saved unconditionally through a prayer and believing Jesus died for you on the cross, without works, believe that. Ignore the preponderance of evidence that completely contradicts your "unconditional salvation" claim and that's that.

Last edited:
What's the scripture you cited earlier? I remember you quoting a passage out of context, ignoring the verses that followed. If you want to believe you're saved unconditionally through a prayer and believing Jesus died for you on the cross, without works, believe that. Ignore the preponderance of evidence that completely contradicts your "unconditional salvation" claim and that's that.
Ephesians 2:8-9. Read it until you understand it.

Correct. God's grace cannot be earned. God's grace is accessible by faith in Jesus. That's Scripture.
Yes, it is earned. Earned by faith. And, faith without works is dead. So, what kind of works was James saying? To me, it’s the ordinance work like baptism.

Yes, it is earned. Earned by faith. And, faith without works is dead. So, what kind of works was James saying? To me, it’s the ordinance work like baptism.
Scripture says grace is a gift. You don't earn a gift. What did the prodigal son do to earn his father's love and forgiveness?

I'm not the one who believes false prophets. I believe Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever. The Church is believers of Jesus. Period. You have nothing to offer me. I have Jesus and that's all I need.
I gave you a list of things for you to study and find in the Bible. Each time you find one, that brings you closer to what we offer you.

Ephesians 2:8-9. Read it until you understand it.
Eph 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It's quite clear that good works are part of faith, as I've been saying. The works of the law that Paul are referring to, don't apply anymore in the new covenant. There are other works that apply as noted in verse 10, which you ignore. If you factor that into your ideas about faith, you would actually understand what you're citing. Faith without works is dead. Jas_2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Last edited:
Eph 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It's quite clear that good works are part of faith, as I've been saying. The works of the law that Paul are referring to, don't apply anymore in the new covenant. There are other works that apply as noted in verse 10, which you ignore. If you were would factor that into your ideas about faith, you would actually understand what you're citing. Faith without works is dead. Jas_2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
My faith in salvation in Jersus leads to good works. My works can't save me. Works are a result of me faith in Jesus. You're not getting it. I'm already saved. You will never know if you're saved or not. I'm seated with Christ. Are you?

My faith in salvation in Jersus leads to good works. My works can't save me. Works are a result of me faith in Jesus. You're not getting it. I'm already saved. You will never know if you're saved or not.
If you have genuine, saving faith, then you will have good works, and satisfy YHWH's requirements, whereas, if your faith is fake, or artificial, you won't live for God and you won't bear any fruit. You can't have saving faith, without works. They're two sides of the same coin. Faith without works is dead. There's no sin option in your salvation package. You're not entitled to live in sin. You will sin, because you're still in this world, but you will nonetheless, live a life of repentance and your sinning will become much less than before you had faith in Christ. You will bear fruit if your faith is genuine.

If you have genuine, saving faith, then you will have good works, and satisfy YHWH's requirements, whereas, if your faith is fake, or artificial, you won't live for God and you won't bear any fruit. You can't have saving faith, without work. They're two sides of the same coin. Faithout without works is dead. There's no sin option in your salvation package. You're not entitled to live in sin. You will sin, but you will live a life of repentance and your sinning will become much less than before you had faith in Christ. You will bear fruit if your faith is genuine.
I agree that good works is a result of my faith. Did the death of Jesus pay the penalty for all my sin or not?

I agree that good works is a result of my faith. Did the death of Jesus pay the penalty for all my sin or not?
That's not a matter of choice. If you have a God-given saving faith then you will bear fruit, walking in those good works that God preordained for you to walk in. You can't separate faith from works, because as I just said, they're essentially two sides of the same coin. You can't have one without the other when it comes to the faith that saves. The shed blood of Christ only atones for your sins if the Holy Spirit leads you to repentance and faith.

That's not a matter of choice. If you have a God-given saving faith then you will bear fruit, walking in those good works that God preordained for you to walk in. You can't separate faith from works, because as I just said, they're essentially two sides of the same coin. You can't have one without the other when it comes to the faith that saves. The shed blood of Christ only atones for your sins if the Holy Spirit leads you to repentance and faith.
Yes, the Holy Spirit led me to repentance and faith in Jesus. So why do I need your organization?

I have Jesus. I already have everything.
Not if you don’t have the all the works (ordinances with authority) to not have your faith die, which I believe it has already. For instance, you are thumbing your nose at ancestors of your family that have been preached to and accepted the fullness of the Gospel by not being baptized for them.

OK, well that's your opinion. The 1st-century church was established by the apostles and they applied a process by which they ordained priests and bishops..etc, you can read about that in the Bible, in the book of Acts and it's a historical fact. That system eventually became corrupted but God restored the church through the prophet Joseph Smith here in the United States almost 200 years ago. If you don't believe that, that's your prerogative. No hard feelings. You can be a good Christian where you are now, despite depriving yourself of the complete gospel and most recent divine revelation. We don't believe everyone burns in hell for not converting to our point of view.

Oh my. How absurd.

Not if you don’t have the all the works (ordinances with authority) to not have your faith die, which I believe it has already. For instance, you are thumbing your nose at ancestors of your family that have been preached to and accepted the fullness of the Gospel by not being baptized for them.
Bullshit.

Forum List

Back