Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

Bullshit.
Such a childish temper tantrum. What I stated is biblical. I even took it from the post you made. You lack humility to understand what you read. You take the words of your pastor(s) and refuse to learn. That’s a real cult.

Such a childish temper tantrum. What I stated is biblical. I even took it from the post you made. You lack humility to understand what you read. You take the words of your pastor(s) and refuse to learn. That’s a real cult.
Oh, knock off the crap. I'm not buying what you're selling so you attack my character. Not a very good witness for your organization.

Oh, knock off the crap. I'm not buying what you're selling so you attack my character. Not a very good witness for your organization.
:laughing0301:
You are the one attacking us calling us a cult, liars and all sorts of names. If you can’t take the heat back, get out of the kitchen.
I used your scripture to explain your interpretation errors. That list I started this thread is from the Bible too. Now, just admit I’m right.

:laughing0301:
You are the one attacking us calling us a cult, liars and all sorts of names. If you can’t take the heat back, get out of the kitchen.
I used your scripture to explain your interpretation errors. That list I started this thread is from the Bible too. Now, just admit I’m right.
I'm attacking your organization. I believe lds is a false religious cult, a lie. I never attacked you personally or tried to guilt trip you into buying my religion. I'm not the one here selling anything. You are.

I'm attacking your organization. I believe lds is a false religious cult, a lie. I never attacked you personally or tried to guilt trip you into buying my religion. I'm not the one here selling anything. You are.
I have nothing to sell and that is a personal attack. I have something free to offer. And, you have called me a liar. The question is why can’t you stick to the debate?
I gave a list of doctrines that are found in the Bible that you do not follow in your non-denominational Unitarian faith. So, not sure why you think what we teach is a lie? And as far as a cult, by definition we are. That’s why Jesus Christ told Join none of the sects because they were all wrong.

I have nothing to sell and that is a personal attack. I have something free to offer. And, you have called me a liar. The question is why can’t you stick to the debate?
I gave a list of doctrines that are found in the Bible that you do not follow in your non-denominational Unitarian faith. So, not sure why you think what we teach is a lie? And as far as a cult, by definition we are. That’s why Jesus Christ told Join none of the sects because they were all wrong.
Your opinion on biblical doctrines is error. Your organization is a lie. What organization did the first Christians belong to?

You're kind of in a pickle, huh. Your Jesus isn't enough to save you. My Bible says He is. Good luck.
My Jesus saves everyone eventually, you simply don't know what redemption is. Your god loses 99.9% of humanity to the devil. And no I don't believe in this "luck" thing, you keep appealing to. I believe in God's providence and will, not mere luck.

You pervert salvation to your liking since you're a lawless miscreant with a foul mouth.

My Jesus saves everyone eventually, you simply don't know what redemption is. Your god loses 99.9% of humanity to the devil. And no I don't believe in this "luck" thing, you keep appealing to. I believe in God's providence and will, not mere luck.

You pervert salvation to your liking since you're a lawless miscreant with a foul mouth.
It's just a saying. I also don't believe in luck. The lds Jesus isn't the Biblical Jesus. Your Jesus is the brother of Satan. Now where in the world did that crazy crap come from? You also didn't answer my question...What organization did the first Christians belong to?

Your opinion on biblical doctrines is error. Your organization is a lie. What organization did the first Christians belong to?
The Church of Jesus Christ. You belong to a non-denominational church. So, not The Church of Jesus Christ. I belong to The same Church of Jesus Christ as the original one. We do all things in his name. That’s what Jesus said in the Bible to do. So, what did you name your church? The “Latter-day Saints” is simply to distinguish between the original Church in Christ’s time and these the latter or last days.

The opinions I have are based on the words. People in here aren’t buying what you are selling. They can read. You can’t.

The Church of Jesus Christ. You belong to a non-denominational church. So, not The Church of Jesus Christ. I belong to The same Church of Jesus Christ as the original one. We do all things in his name. That’s what Jesus said in the Bible to do. So, what did you name your church? The “Latter-day Saints” is simply to distinguish between the original Church in Christ’s time and these the latter or last days.

The opinions I have are based on the words. People in here aren’t buying what you are selling. They can read. You can’t.
My church is also the church of Jesus Christ. The Bible is our authority and Jesus is the head. The Scriptures in my Bible was all the early church had. Looks like my church is more authentic than yours.

My church is also the church of Jesus Christ. The Bible is our authority and Jesus is the head. The Scriptures in my Bible was all the early church had. Looks like my church is more authentic than yours.
We have all of the Bible as well. We even have scripture given to his other sheep in the Americas. You don’t. Therefore, you aren’t the original nor have the fullness of the Gospel.
No, the name of your church is not The Church of Jesus Christ. It’s some other name but you are too ashamed to name it. Why is that?

We have all of the Bible as well. We even have scripture given to his other sheep in the Americas. You don’t. Therefore, you aren’t the original nor have the fullness of the Gospel.
No, the name of your church is not The Church of Jesus Christ. It’s some other name but you are too ashamed to name it. Why is that?
The other sheep are the Gentiles, not the America's. I'm not ashamed of my church. You're beginning to sound a bit hostile. Do you have anger issues with people who challenge your Theology?

The other sheep are the Gentiles, not the America's. I'm not ashamed of my church. You're beginning to sound a bit hostile. Do you have anger issues with people who challenge your Theology?
The Bible does not state who the other sheep are. You are making that up. I would also debate that because Israel or Zion are the people of Jesus Christ. When a person is converted, they are accepted or adopted into the Lord's Church. So, they weren't Gentiles. And, you have absolutely no record of Jesus going to the other sheep. We do. The Book of Mormon. You are beat again. Hostile! You are funny... :laughing0301:
Come on, what's the name of your Church. I know you can bite the bullet and tell us.

The Church was under the 12 apostles and those they ordained as leaders. Jesus said:

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 18:15-20 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. (18) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (19) Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. (20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Mat 28:17-20
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Read the book of Acts:

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:12-26 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. (13) And when they came in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. (14) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. (15) And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) (16) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. (17) For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. (18) Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. (19) And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. (20) For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. (21) Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. (24) And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, (25) That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (26) And they gave forth their lots, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Act 2:37-47 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men, and brethren, what shall we do? (38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. (40) And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. (41) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. (42) And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. (43) And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. (44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

"ADDED TO THE CHURCH",,,,

Act 4:32-37 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. (33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. (34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, (35) And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. (36) And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, (37) Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Act 5:1-11
But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, (2) And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. (3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. (5) And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. (6) And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. (7) And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. (8) And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. (9) Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. (10) Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. (11) And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Act_13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers
; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Act_14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Act_14:27 And when they came, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Act 15:2-4 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question. (3) And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren. (4) And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Act_15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Act_18:22
And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch.

Act_20:17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

Act_20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Act 21:25
As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Act 21:26
Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Apostles, elders, and overseers were chosen through a process of ordination. There was a well-organized church organization at that time. The original LDS Church under the leadership of the prophet Joseph Smith, even established the same "United Order", that existed in Jerusalem in the 1st century when church members held all things in common. The Church of Christ, of the elect of God, placed their major assets at the feet of the apostles. To be a disciple of Jesus Christ, you had to lay it all down at the feet of the apostolic Church.

Last edited:
The Bible does not state who the other sheep are. You are making that up. I would also debate that because Israel or Zion are the people of Jesus Christ. When a person is converted, they are accepted or adopted into the Lord's Church. So, they weren't Gentiles. And, you have absolutely no record of Jesus going to the other sheep. We do. The Book of Mormon. You are beat again. Hostile! You are funny... :laughing0301:
Come on, what's the name of your Church. I know you can bite the bullet and tell us.
Your pal just told me the other sheep are the Americas Is your pal making stuff up?

The Church was under the 12 apostles and those they ordained as leaders. Jesus said:

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 18:15-20 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. (18) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (19) Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. (20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Mat 28:17-20 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Read the book of Acts:
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:12-26 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. (13) And when they came in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. (14) These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. (15) And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) (16) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. (17) For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. (18) Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. (19) And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. (20) For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. (21) Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. (24) And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen, (25) That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (26) And they gave forth their lots, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
Act 2:37-47 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men, and brethren, what shall we do? (38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. (40) And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. (41) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. (42) And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. (43) And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. (44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

"ADDED TO THE CHURCH",,,,

Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Act 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Act 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Act 5:1-11 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, (2) And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. (3) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. (5) And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. (6) And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. (7) And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. (8) And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. (9) Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. (10) Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. (11) And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Act_13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Act_14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Act_14:27 And when they came, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Act 15:2-4 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question. (3) And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren. (4) And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Act_15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
Act_18:22 And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch.
Act_20:17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.
Act_20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.
Act 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Apostles, elders, and overseers were chosen through a process of ordination. There was a well-organized church organization at that time. The original LDS Church under the leadership of the prophet Joseph Smith, even established the same "United Order", that existed in Jerusalem in the 1st century when church members held all things in common. The Church of Christ, of the elect of God, placed their major assets at the feet of the apostles. To be a disciple of Jesus Christ, you had to lay it all down at the feet of the apostolic Church.
What Scriptures did the early church have?

The Assembly or Church in the 1st century only had the Old Testament and it wasn't until much later that there was an NT. You reject the priesthood and the United Order, refusing to follow the doctrines of Christ and of the apostles. Prophethood existed in the 1st Church, and it exists now in the LDS, whereas most Evangelical congregations reject the apostleship, prophethood, the priesthood, the United Order..etc. You hold many false beliefs about Jesus, His gospel, salvation..etc. We have the latest revelation from YHWH, through the prophet Joseph Smith and the leadership of the Church.

What Scriptures did the early church have?

The Old Testament, not the New Testament. It wasn't for more than a century before Christians had a Biblical Canon similar to what we have today. The first Christians just had the OT and by the 70s and 80s, they had some epistles from the apostles, and maybe one written gospel. The Church really just had the Hebrew Bible (or its Greek translation known as the LXX-Septuagint), and some letters from the apostles, with oral traditions and stories about Jesus by eyewitnesses and those who knew the apostles personally. The disciples of the original apostles preserved the sayings of Jesus and eventually wrote them down into the gospel texts that we have today.

It was a process, this didn't happen overnight or even a few years, it took over a century for Christians to have an NT resembling what we have today. Even then it wasn't exactly as it is today. It wasn't until the early Middle ages, late-dark ages, around the late 5th century, that we can say that our present NT was part of the Christian written canon.

Last edited:
The Assembly or Church in the 1st century only had the Old Testament and it wasn't until much later that there was an NT. You reject the priesthood and the United Order, refusing to follow the doctrines of Christ and of the apostles. Prophethood existed in the 1st Church, and it exists now in the LDS, whereas most Evangelical congregations reject the apostleship, prophethood, the priesthood, the United Order..etc. You hold many false beliefs about Jesus, His gospel, salvation..etc. We have the latest revelation from YHWH, through the prophet Joseph Smith and the leadership of the Church.
No, I don't reject anything in Scripture. I reject your error and twisted perversion of Scriptures. Tell me how Jesus and Satan are brothers.

The Old Testament, not the New Testament. It wasn't for more than a century before Christians had a Biblical Canon similar to what we have today. The first Christians just had the OT and by the 70s and 80s, they had some epistles from the apostles, and maybe one written gospel. The Church really just had the Hebrew Bible (or its Greek translation known as the LXX-Septuagint), and some letters from the apostles, with oral traditions and stories about Jesus by eyewitnesses and those who knew the apostles personally. The disciples of the original apostles preserved the sayings of Jesus and eventually wrote them down into the gospel texts that we have today.

It was a process, this didn't happen overnight or even a few years, it took over a century for Christians to have an NT resembling what we have today. Even then it wasn't exactly as it is today. It wasn't until the early Middle ages, late-dark ages, around the late 5th century, that we can say that our present NT was part of the Christian written canon.
Agree. The early church had the OT scriptures. Paul and other apostles preached Jesus from the OT. If that's good enough for that church, it's good enough for me. Not buying your fairy tale.

Forum List

Back